The Simple Reality

By faltskogulvaeus

Continuing on from It's Just Fiction, the newly engaged couple move forward with life, love, and family as th... More

Fairytale Beginnings
Rules to Giving Up
The Wedding Planners
Bride(zilla) To Be
Surprise Arrangements
Those in the Middle
Good and Bad Decisions
The Undisclosed
Best Behavior
Slightly Unexpected
Surprises to Count
The Day Before
Down to the Last Hour
Twice Upon A Time
The Fifth of September
The Impatient Wife
Time Tweaking
Third Wheeler
Capsaicin
Red Effect
The Gifters and the Gifted
Jealous Eyes
Trilingual Conflicts
Trick of the Sweet
Not A Soul But Two
Finders Keepers
No Doubt About It
Bedtime Stories
Voyage Ahead
Distance, Resistance
Can't Stay Away
Signed, Björn Ulvaeus
Everything to Say
Fever
Ex-Barber
Really, Really Good Friends
Overthinker's Club
The Pair Annoyed
Nation's Greatest Secret
Predictably Unpredictable
PRfect Covers
The Candidate
Björn på Cirkus
Never Been More Missed
Baby, Calm Down
The Irreplaceables
Mood Killer
On Hold
Sweetest Bear
The Villa Over Chania
00:00:00
A Pair of Thieves
Dinner Plans in Paradise
Fifty/Fifty
Sounds Like Insomnia
Decision Makers
Little Pains
Swap and Exchange
A + B = C
The Giving Hand
1:1
Where Do We Go From Here?

Full Eclipse

187 14 12
By faltskogulvaeus

The rumble of the ground combined voices from people who were joined together from all around the world chanting "We Want ABBA!" brought on chills as the lights had dimmed out. The show was to begin and anticipation drummed within the chests of many. The arena was large, holding almost up to capacity on that remarkable evening, and seen from the back, the dance floor was filled with guests and fans whose eyes either wandered to find the four members who were also in the audience to watch the show for the first time together, or to the screen, eagerly awaiting the moment of the show's start.

Right at the first moment the melody had played, claps and "Woos!" were heard across the arena, almost like a wave sweeping across the place. It was finally time and it was happening at last; a long wait was over. The crowd silenced, taking in everything witnessed. The audience was a mixture of fans, celebrities, families and friends of ABBA and those who had worked with them on the project— and of course, ABBA themselves.

The four, seated in various spots in the back center of the arena, had perhaps the best seats for what they wanted to see: the show, which had already caused excitement to spread around the room, and the fans from the dance floor ahead of them, and views of both side sections. They could easily note the happiness they brought to their fans and only hoped that the show would not disappoint.

Agnetha's elation was quite obvious throughout the entire evening. No, she hadn't yet seen much of the show, nothing more than snippets and the concept of how it was envisioned to be, but she knew it was something very uniquely made. She recalled to herself that the recording was indeed a journey itself, not only the album, but the whole experience of ABBA coming together to put the show the way it is.

It was nothing less than a true concert, but the odd part is that this time all they have left to do is sit back and actually attend their own concert rather than performing. That job was already taken care of. It would take time getting used to for her, seeing their younger bodies sing, talk, and move, but knowing how it was produced, and to finally see what became of it was exciting to her. 

As for the other three who'd seen the show earlier that week, they knew what was to come of the performances, but not exactly how the audience reaction would turn out. They'd spent a few days the previous weekend and early that week doing test runs of the show to observe the audience reaction and now it was finally the night that they'd come to see the real show come to life for all that it is. And besides the fact it would now be an attraction available to absolutely everyone, those attendees that night included critics, journalists, and public figures like the King and Queen of Sweden, to say the least.

However, seeing the glee that lifted everyone in the room into the same combined feeling was something beyond. So many were joined together for the love of ABBA and somehow it always remained mysterious as to what is was with them that had them so loved. Good music, yes. Probably their great looks, too.

Whatever it was, it showed its effect. The screaming over even just minimal moments of the four interacting together was enough to drive an entire arena out of control. It really seemed like they'd not aged, as if the year was still 1977 and the four are in their happy era, in their prime, and rocking the world as they always had.

The four who were watching found the connection that was created between the performance of these abbatars and the people. Just because it had been all previously recorded material and a near entirely digitized show did not mean the audience would simply stand and stare. Clearly, that couldn't be the case. Not with ABBA. There wasn't a soul that stood without singing along, without dancing, or without screaming as if those four figures up on the stage were truly alive.

Agnetha's lips twisted as she watched one song fall into the next. Her arms were crossed and she watched very closely the entire arena being filled with sound of her and Frida's voices combined. Their dances that she remembered rehearsing with the motion suits were projected and it portrayed truthfully.

There she was on stage as her younger self, performing moves like she had not matured, like she had no signs of aging into an elderly woman. It was amazing to her how that could even be possible. What an illusion it really was. She giggled to herself in some moments because the show was truly engaging. It wasn't just a sing a song and exit the stage type of concert. Her eyes crossed around the vast room seeing people laughing, having a great time, pointing at the stage, dancing or singing along. It truly made her happy. It was emotional to think that was what they did. That's why they came back to the studio, working for five and a half years on a project that matched to their uniqueness and the mystery of who they are. The project was for the fans, by whole, and the rest of the album... well, that was simply for them.

And Frida, too, was in the same state. Though she'd known what to expect with this show, and it wasn't as a surprise to her like it was for Agnetha, it very much left her with the same feelings. The emotions took her the mixture of happy, blessed, amazed, and nostalgic. Nostalgic not only in the memories of the ABBA heydays... but it also was nostalgic in the sense that they both remembered the happy moments they shared recording the concert, wearing their silly motion capture suits. The joy of their fans, of all ages and of all cultures united, brought tears to Frida's eyes that she wiped away quickly from under her lashes and that action was accompanied by a laugh. At her right was Björn, who pushed her a bit to nudge kindly with his arm, comforting her playfully as he always knew how to do.

Both of them had looked to the row ahead of them seeing the blonde woman whose hair was elegantly pinned up turn to see Frida. She had a smile on her face when she looked at her and they'd made a comment that led to another between each other.

"Glad our abbatars look much nicer than we did in our suits," Agnetha laughed. "I was afraid I'd find that instead!" she winked.

"Isn't that right? Agnetha, look how we have hardly aged," she teased back. "Get ready. Journalists tomorrow will begin to ask us what our skin care routine is," Frida chuckled, leaning about lower as she laughed to her friend.

"Gonna tell them that you age less if you're a recluse," Agnetha joked back.

"We better hope they don't ever ask Björn what his secret is. We already know that it has something to do with lovers living a little longer. We don't need to hear it again." Agnetha's face was scrunched into a snicker as she agreed, and then she turned again with her attention being grabbed by the striking lights.

The show carried on to bring songs into the next, the first half had finished and the energy shifted. The songs were like a rollercoaster of all of their loved hits and to hear crowds sing emphasized the meaning of what ABBA was and what an impact they were. The floor was packed, but still had enough space to see details of people interacting, like the group at the front who were young, free, and truly having the time of their lives, the group of middle aged fans swaying as they sang along, and even at moments when the concert became overwhelming to a few who needed medical support and security assistance. It was not something they wished to witness, but it was a concert and things as such are likely to happen.

It was a bit more than midway into the show when Agnetha huffed to herself internally. Of course her bladder would choose to insist right in the middle of it all. The only night she'd see the show, she had to be interrupted. Even doing her best to hold herself, she just couldn't for long. She'd gotten up and walked towards the stairs on the right and smoothed her dress as she did. Her steps were careful as she made it around, and the first one to move was Björn, but her eyes to him warned him to stay where he was. She had someone who walked with her, but even so he made contact with the security guard to escort her, wherever it was she needed to go. That plan failed, Agnetha had turned to see the guard, knowing exactly the moment he moved towards her that it was communicated by Björn, and she reassured she could make it out on her own. Even with that, she wasn't on her own; someone was with her. The guard eased back, waiting for another signal from Björn, but Björn just decided to do as she'd asked.

It felt almost endless as he was distracted from the show with her absence. But when those ten minutes were over and she returned once again, he had let out a breath at last that hadn't gone unnoticed.

"You know, I would have offered to trade my seat with her if I knew you'd stress this much," laughed Frida.

"As if she would allow that," Björn chuckled back.

"Well, that's too bad for her. I'm going to tease her that you were such a great company to be next to." She linked her arm around his and leaned her head on his shoulder for a moment then straightened back up almost immediately.

And for the rest of the show, it came along remarkably. They'd observed the people dressed in their ABBA inspired looks, and how these fans were completely invested in the entire experience, just as if it was the happiest place on Earth. It was clear which moments created a rave, a flow of genuine joy taking over the crowd. It seemed to have happened a number of times, more specifically certain moments over others, even moments already witnessed by the world, but now seeing it in a whole new way... it was different. It almost couldn't be helped that they laughed at the reactions and the cheers. Always the couples things. Always.

Their queue for the stage was set in place, the four were escorted through the back and they had walked around, now hearing their fans sing from a distance. They stayed back stage waiting until the second queue, for the final song to come to an end. 'The Winner Takes It All' was playing and it somehow hit them where they were and what they'd just watched. Frida and Agnetha had comments shared about the show and they were very happy with it by whole, it turned out to be as great as was predicted, and even greater at that. The melody was rich and entering their hearts quickly, it always had. With or without the true meaning, that melody was a part of them. It was almost as if it was their image.

Though they were not entirely alone backstage, they were secured enough. Agnetha turned her lips to a smile emotionally and her hand raised to Björn's cheek.

"It was amazing, Björn. It really was," she whispered, eyes gently gazing at him. Her other hand held Frida's hand as if she needed to for emotional support and before they knew it the outro was concluding. They were motioned to go on the stage, as then it was their moment to shine together.

And their walk was not very long, overall less than three minutes to stand together, but it was a mixture of feelings and that was just fact. Like happiness, gratitude, achievement, and humbleness all in one emotion. It came over them unexpectedly. They were ecstatic of course, there was Benny gliding around, Agnetha dancing the same as she ever did, and Björn and Frida more than grateful to see the fans and be able to have a moment with them and connecting with them.

Benny and Agnetha motioned for Svana, Ludvig and Bailie to join the stage with them. It was their project as much as ABBA's, and it didn't take long after that, the feeling that was brought upon them like a rapture had the ladies in tears from the endless, grateful cheering of those who had come to see them. It would most probably be the very last time they'd see a crowd like this, to stand like this all together as four. It hadn't really hit them until that moment, that they were not really young abbatars. They were old and gray, and aged and lived through so many decades, seeing different generations of fans. It amazed them and humbled them all the more. Those loved four had come so far.

And feeling that, Agnetha turned to Frida to hug her. She needed the comfort of a friend and that friend she turned to was giving a small clap for them both. Björn smiled to see them and he had extended his hand, too, patting Agnetha's arm to both comfort and remind her that they wouldn't be up on the stage long. It was already time to say goodbye, and with them it came in forms of waves and kisses to the crowd as they gracefully passed them by for the last time.

As the crowd was speechlessly trying to absorb what they'd witnessed, back stage became a quick arrangement so that it was possible to make it out to the trailers as fast and as easy as possible.

Once they had reached the private moment away from attention from all sides and instead in a more relaxed setting, the four had each comforted one another, each one embracing and congratulating themselves on something so incredible. The show was concluded and those fans who'd spent their lives dreaming of this moment were given something golden to hold onto. Their mission was considered accomplished, they brought happiness to the world, it was clear that it did. The band had come a full circle once again and this time their bond would be sealed for an eternity more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 504 24
STEAMY CHAPTERS. For MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY. 18+ We follow the love life of one Ms.Zolaj as she drives herself into meaningful/meaningless entanglemen...
1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
184K 5.7K 135
This book contains both the first book Chapters 1-101 and then book two Chapters 102- onwards. I hope you all like this! ⚠MENTIONS OF ABUSE THROUGH...
11.9K 736 33
Two young souls find comfort in each other's presence. This is their story.