Caught in a Mousetrap OVA: Mi...

By Gameboycolor242

Nine years after the tower rose into the sky. Sarah Garcia is called by a familiar name to help Odin out wi... More

Disclaimer
A Wild Goose Chase
The Might Of The Subconscious
Duo
Deep Breaths
Old wounds
Bad Memories
Wake up
Filler
The Last Straw
Accept it
Hold your grudges

The Blind sheep

131 1 0
By Gameboycolor242

On December 21st, 1994 around the time of 7:30 pm. A call was received from VanRiper's residence from a distressed mother. As she described her son Micheal VanRiper was found dead in his room, with multiple cuts and scratches. The family said a scream was heard before they entered the room. The man seemed to be staring at a television screen at the time of death. What is strange, however. No sign of a struggle, nor force entry had been presented in the room.

Evidence collected. A disc and a note are attached to the VHS tape left behind by Michael. Addressed to Luther Artwright.

The disc seemed to be an old demo of past sonic games. Michael was known to enjoy these video games of his. There's nothing out of the ordinary for it.

The VHS tape seemed to be a bunch of photos from a missing female.

Persons Question.

Michael's Wife: Hilda VanRiper
Michael's Brother: Christopher VanRiper.

Christopher VanRiper was questioned a few hours after the police investigated. He was the most talkative and the most cooperative during his questioning.

Christopher VanRiper tape 0001

Detective: So what was your brother like?

Christopher: He was a uptight guy. Never bothered with anyone. He just kinda did he own thing. I just stopped by to visit him. It still hurts in a way. No-one really hate him for anything.

Detective: Tell me something, do you know the girl in this photo?

Christopher: I think that was his old college pal. Her name was...

December 15th 1994.

A young man walks into his living room with his family. Michael's brother is watching a show on the T.V.

Christopher: Good Morning, Big bro.

Michael: Morning to you as well.

Christopher: You guys have to upgrade this cable package you have. There's nothing good on this.

Michael: Well, I'm sorry our cable doesn't fit your needs. Sounds like you need to get a house of your own.

Christopher: Your suppose to treat your guest with honor.

Michael: You sat down and eat all the food in the fridge, so your doing just fine.

Hilda: Morning honey, there's some mail for you outside.

Michael: Alright, I'll get it.

Michael walks outside and opens his mailbox. He takes out some letters and head back inside. His foot however steps on something. Michael checks under his feet to find a disc.

Michael: The hell's this...... Sonic.exe?

Michael inspects the disc. He finds it's inside of perfect condition despite it being on the ground. Michael rests the mail on the stand and heads to his office upstairs.

Michael's curiosity leads him to put the disc into his computer. He opens the disc and finds it's a sonic beta disc.

Michael: It's just a game. Hmmm,

Michael starts to walk around from his computer, that's when.

Ding!

A notepad pop-up opens on his computer.

Notepad: Hello?

Michael is confused by a pop-up saying hi to him.

Notepad: Shy? It's rude to just stare.

Micheal: ?, is this thing talking to me.

Notepad: Yes, I'm talking you, Micheal, and I could hear you.

Michael sits back down at his computer.

Michael: What are you? I didn't know computers could hold conversations.

Notepad: It's not the computer. It's the disc you picked up.

Michael: Ok, is it running a program on my computer or something, and how do you know my name.

Notepad: Yes it is, and how would not remember My Old Friend.

Michael: Old friend?

Notepad: Yes, you don't remember. Your old friend Sarah.

Michael: Sarah..........

Michael stares in his space as he starts to remember that name.

Michael: Sarah from college?

Notepad: Yup.

Michael hands start to shake in fear. How the past catch up to so quickly. Michael goes to turn off his computer.

Notepad: Hey, what are you doing?

Michael: I'm shutting this down.

Notepad: Why? Don't you want to say hello at least. You know how's life and everything.

Michael: How's life?

Notepad: Well, for me I've been trapped in this disc for years. O just woke up in here without any memory of how I got here.

Michael returns his attention back to the screen.

Michael: You don't remember?

Notepad: Not at all.

Michael: How do I know this is really Sarah.

The Notepad shows an image of their college photo, and many more.

Notepad: If that's still not enough, I remember the time you gave me a dollar because our dorm venting machine broke, and that time were Luther almost drowned because he didn't wore a life jacket on that canoe trip.

Michael: There's no way.

Notepad: No way for what?

Michael: I thought you were dead.

Notepad: Dead? I'm dead! How?

Michael: You went missing and the police just gave up on it. So everyone get just thought you died.

Notepad: I'm dead? How did I die?

Michael: I don't know.

Notepad: Really?

Michael: Honestly, I don't know. It was a hard pill to shallow. Everyone missed you especially Lily.

Notepad: Lily, oh no. I hate to make her worry about anything.

Michael: She's doing much more better than before.

Notepad: Oh that reminds me. What happened to Luther and Martin.

Michael: We don't talk much. Our group broke up after you went missing.

Notepad: Oh that's sad. Hey Michael, did you ever finish your Software engineer program.

Michael: Yeah, I did.

Notepad: That's wonderful. Well, I haven't been completely honest with you. You see, the person who put me in this disc dropped me off at your home.

Michael: You say so

Notepad: He wanted to me to tell you. He had a little favor needed to be done for him.

Michael: What's that favor?

Notepad: He wanted you to transfer all the data on that disc to a new one with this line of code built into it. Aperi porta.

Michael: Hmm, that's a strange request, but I've got nothing better to do. However, it's going to take a few days.

Notepad: Take your time, there's no need to rush. You'll have all the time in the world.

Michael: Alright, that's a weird why to put it.

December 21st, 1994. 8:30 am.

Michael: It's almost finished. How are you holding up?

Notepad: I feel just fine. I very excited actually.

Michael: Your just moving to a new disc. I don't see what's so exciting about that.

Notepad: You see why in a few minutes.

Michael: Sarah, do you still not remember anything.

Notepad: No, I don't. Those last thirty has been blank for me.

Michael: I still bad about you though. To think all that time. You didn't even get a proper burial.

Notepad: Hey, don't beat yourself up about it. It's not your fault.

Michael: Thank you, but.

Notepad: It's all of yours.

Michael: Huh?

Notepad: Martin, You, and Luther.

Michael: What are you talking about?

Notepad: Oh you don't remember. That sick party we went to when we were in college. It was to die for.

Michael: I have no idea what your on about.

Notepad: You have no idea? Your lying, but it's only fair that admit my lies as well, Michael.

Michael: What lies?

The disc finishes copying from one disc to another.

Notepad: I didn't came here to play catch up with you. After all,

The messages the notepad send are now voiced but Sarah's real voice.

Sarah: I have no sympathy for you. Tell me, Michael. What is a good friend? One that is trustworthy, respectful, and has your back. Well, tell me, what friend watches them bleed to death on the floor! What friend throws them into a lake! What friend carries on with life as through they help cover up their friend's murder.

Michael: What I was supposed to do?

Sarah: Have a spine. You were always a coward Michael. I always hated you for that. You never were brave to say anything to my face. You would always run to Martin. Today, your going to open up like a book in front of me.

Michael: Your not making sense. Is this some kind of joke?

Sarah: No, Michael. You've just created your own coffin.

The disc pops right out his CD drive.

Sarah: I've been waiting so long for this moment.

A song starts to play on the machine.

Michael backs away from the computer, but he bumps into someone behind him.

Sarah: Do you know what it feels like to listen how people mourn your death and your still alive. Hearing every tear that runs down their face, every cry. I spent thirty years in a black void, and imagine my surprise my killers are married with kids. Not even spending a single day in prison for me. Where's Justice for me?

Michael turns around and finds Sarah standing right behind him with the disc he just made.

Michael: Sarah, wait... Just let explain.

Sarah: Explain what? There's nothing let to explain.

Michael: I have a wife Sarah.

Sarah: DOES IT LOOK LIKE I GIVE A FUCK! No more negotiations Michael.

Michael tries to hit Sarah out of the way but she grabs his hand.

Sarah: Big mistake. Now, your going to make your torment even worse.

Michael: Torment?

Michael tries to pull his hand from Sarah. It doesn't work. Sarah grabs Michael by his throat and pulls his soul out from his body. Michael watches as his dead body falls onto the floor.

Michael: What the hell did you just do?

Sarah doesn't even respond to his question. She puts the disc into the computer and throws Michael through the screen.

Michael: Where am I? Hello? Christopher? Hilda? Anyone?

Sarah: There's no use calling for help.

Michael: What do you want me Sarah?

Sarah: What do I want? I want you to pay, Michael. I want to become your worst nightmare.

Michael: Stop this isn't you. You never hated anyone.

Sarah: The nice loving Sarah you knew. Died years ago in that lake.

Chains are thrown around Michael and he's pinned to the floor.

Michael: What are you going to do to me?

Sarah: Michael, I'm going to go you two options. You tell me where Martin and Luther are. Or your wife is next.

Michael: No.....No...leave her out of this. She has nothing to do with this.

Sarah: Then start talking.

Michael: I don't know, I telling you the truth.

Sarah: Michael, Hahahah.......hahahah.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH! You still continue to lie to me.

Michael: What?

Sarah: Maybe if I don't say anything she won't how after them. In here your ever thought belongs to me. I already knew where they were. I just wanted you to try and make things easier on yourself. Hey Michael, have you wondered what it would feel to be a statue.

Michael: Stay away from me.

Sarah walks closer to Michael as he struggles to break his chains.

Sarah: I want to know what it feels like as well.

Ringing

Hello, this Jonathan Michaels. Unfortunately, I'm not able to take your call, so please leave a message after the tone, and I'll get back to you.

Beep

Jonathan, this is Luther. You need to explain to me what did you send to Michael.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524 4 13
Sarah West is innocent. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time, she was torn from her parents who were then floated trying to break her out. In...
153K 2.1K 25
When a new wolf imprints on the most powerful witch of their generation , a beautiful love blossoms , but with every love story , comes catastrophes...
7.3K 91 5
When the ark decides to send 100 kids down to earth one of them happens to be calliope a twin that everyone has heard of but no one knows. John Murph...
6.1K 124 44
[Collab with Hugs6] When the demigods of both camps decide to play matchmaking, they won't pair up the most easy... They are up to a challenge! Octac...