I Lied [On Hiatus]

By _Guilty_Pleasures_

Based Off Fox's #1 Hit Series 'Empire'. Ciara Lyon, Lucious's daughter, doesn't know how privileged she is as... More

I Want What Belongs To Me
Who Knows, Cookie Knows
My Name Is Shawn
My Name Is Shawn, Pt. II
Broken Hearted Girl
Get It Right
Man of Infamy
One Man's Insecurity
Two Halves
Family Goals :P
She Knows
Morning Daze
He Stole My Boy
Hol' Up
UnForgiven
I'm Not Your Problem
There's A Reason
The Hills
Bonding
Hell Hath No Fury
Family Meetings
Mother/Daughter
Sweetest Dish On The Menu
Say What Needs To Be Said
I Date A Lyon
Wake Me Up
That's My Boy

Bye Bye Bunkie

1.9K 61 1
By _Guilty_Pleasures_

After Bunkie's funeral, Cookie felt like a small weight was lifted off her shoulders. She was a little depressed to see her favorite cousin buried, but a better place was waiting for him. There were no words for how perfectly he had been celebrated.

Shawn had not been able to make it as she was not sure she should impose on a family event. Plus her ignorance about who the man was and what he meant to those who attended the funeral played a big part in her overall decision. She barely stepped foot into the Lyon family.

'Can you watch out for yourself? I heard about that man dying... Maybe you should stay here and live in the guest house.' Sharon's worried expression made Shawn falter. She had already packed up her clothes and everything to take to the apartment she had rented. It was large enough to hold her and her best friend's stuff. Keyla was joining her in the movement from young adult to independent. 'Maybe she's right... Or not.' Antonio felt the same as his wife on the living situation.

18 years was long enough. She felt obligated to give them some space to explore their own wants and needs. Her life was theirs to share but it was all her own at the moment. This decision could help them see who they truly were and what they wanted to be.

'Well if we can't persuade you, then we might as well support you fully. Your mother and I have set you up with your own private account where we will place your trust fund and any additional funds that we have accumulated for your college. Use it wisely!' Antonio reprimanded with a teasing grin and watched his daughter beam with happiness.

He could still be that. He could still be a father to her. That was never ever going to change. No matter what.

Sharon hugged her once again with those sad eyes that always made her feel guilty. 'Mom, I am not going to run off and forget you. We can still have Sunday tea, Wednesday dinner, and all the other holidays can be arranged according to plans. Promise from my heart.' Shawn had been using that saying since she could talk properly. It usually gave her the result she was looking for.

Right now, she and Keyla were driving back towards the city which held her mother, father, and brothers. It was peaceful just driving with music blasting and her lips moving along to the song. Keyla constantly took selfies of them both when they made stops or got bored and took some Snapchat videos.

'KeKe, what do you think? Am I moving too fast?! I mean, Jamal is nothing but a sweet guy but my other "brothers" are jackholes.' Shawn hissed as she let the car cruise while she tapped on her wheel to concentrate better. 'Well girl, I think that what they did is totally messed up. We could call CJ and his boys to jump them.' Keyla's antics were beyond ghetto to straight up craycray.

Shawn rolled her eyes. 'What about the fact that they spend 90% of their time in the Empire building? Or the fact that they have entourages and bodyguards? Also don't skip the fact that they are my brothers! I don't want to hurt them, Crazy!' The rant seemed to sink in as Keyla shrugged like it was a possibility that she had overlooked those things.

When she arrived at her new apartment, she didn't expect to find Cookie, Michael, Porsha, and Jamal inside of it. She was surprised, a little creeped out, but decided it wasn't that big of a deal. Just glad to have some support and helping hands.

'Everyone you remember Keyla. She's going to be my roommate while she finishes up school and goes off to college.' Shawn let them acknowledge Keyla's presence after giving each of them a hug. She stood there for a moment before her mother, Cookie, pulled out a bottle of champagne.

They settled down on the furniture that had been delivered a week ago and had their fun even though Keyla and Shawn were a few years from being legal.

--

Anika stared at Lucious as he talked with Hakeem. They were the planning on giving the Golden Boy a coming out show where he could launch his newest album. It was going to be epic. She knew it because she had perfected the whole thing to be such.

'Anika Calhoun, um yes, could you please hold one second?' She glanced back at the spot where her fiancé had just stood moments ago. Her back slid against the wall as she entered an office that was empty. 'Okay, I'm back. Yes, when would you like to receive the background on him? Ready whenever you are. Okay, bye.' Anika ended the call with a smug smirk before she waltzed out of the office that she assumed was empty.

The thing was that a new intern had been assigned that room to assist any of the board members or artists with any errands. She was also a friend of Shawn's who happened to be her mother and father's accountant. It only occurred to the woman as she stood to straight her blazer that the call just made in the privacy of her office was shady.

'Well, I must find out more about this, Miss Anika Calhoun.' The stranger smiled darkly as she pulled out her very own cellular.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 493 17
It has been 3 months since Lucious Lyon has been in jail and the Lyon family have been living without the devil himself . that's until an unknown per...
143K 2.8K 45
Aaliyah Lyon. Welcome to my Empire.
154K 4.5K 59
๐—˜๐— ๐—ฃ๐—œ๐—ฅ๐—˜ | โ ๐™„ ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ค๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ค๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™—๐™š ๐™– ๐™‡๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™ก๐™š๐™จ๐™ โž ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ž๐๐„ Hi...
29.9K 1.1K 36
Mr. Lucious Lyon father of four, yes four. First born Andre Lyon, the smart. Second born Jamal Lyon, the gentle. Third born Hakeem Lyon, the whore. T...