For Worse or For Better- Book...

By anyawritezzz

Marriage. Displayed to be the most perfect thing, but can have its faults at times. Roman and Alaiya seem to... More

❗️Please Read❗️
Chapter 1: For Worse
Chapter 2: Cabin
Chapter 3: Bathing Suit
Chapter 4: Hot Tub
Chapter 5: First Date
Chapter 6: Present
Chapter 7: Phone
Chapter 8: Confrontation
Chapter 9: Family
Chapter 10: Bracelet
Chapter 11: Hug
Chapter 12: Party
Chapter 13: Hungover
Chapter 14: Moving
Chapter 15: Car
Chapter 16: Confession
Chapter 17: Marks
Chapter 18: Yoga
Chapter 19: Pool
Chapter 20: Middle Name
Chapter 21: Mission
Chapter 22: Door
Chapter 23: Ignoring
Chapter 24: Staying
Chapter 26: Packing
Chapter 27: Sleep
Chapter 28: New Guy
Chapter 29: Trip
Chapter 30: Birthday
Chapter 31: Secret
Chapter 32: Panic
Chapter 33: Regret
Chapter 34: News
Chapter 35: Wrist
Chapter 36: Alone
Chapter 37: Boxing
Chapter 38: Fight
Chapter 39: Therapist
Chapter 40: Overworking
Chapter 41: Text
Chapter 42: Past
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Hair
Chapter 45: Doorstep
Chapter 46: Gremlins
Chapter 47: Cruise
Chapter 48: Blanket

Chapter 25: Time Apart

789 15 0
By anyawritezzz

Roman's POV

I finish working out in the basement since I needed to clear my mind of all the bullshit going on between Alaiya and me.

I walk upstairs because I've sorted out everything I need to say, but when I see her eyes shut on the couch as she's hugging a pillow, I may have to wait.

Fuck, she looks so pretty. You're mad at her, Roman. Who the hell said I can't be mad at her while pointing out the obvious? You're a bitch. I'm talking to myself. Where's a therapist when you need one?

Without hesitation, I walk towards the couch, turn off the TV, and scoop her up in my arms. Her hands instantly go around my back as her head adjusts against my chest. I see a small smile on her lips appear before it's gone.

Kill me.

I take her to our room, setting her down in the bed. I take the socks she's wearing off because I know she hates her feet being warm while she's sleeping and put the blanket over her body. She shifts a little again before falling back asleep.

After moving her hair out of her face, I bend down and kiss her on the cheek because it's been way too fucking long. A day or two is what I mean. Same thing though.

"I almost lost you, that's why I'm mad at you," I whisper what the whole speech I was going to give her was mainly about.

I give her one last kiss before going to take a shower.

~~~~

Alaiya's POV:

'I almost lost you, that's why I'm mad at you'. His words have been repeating in my head on a loop.

I woke up when I felt him picking me up. I didn't say anything because I thought he wouldn't either. Turns out, he ended up saying the most heartbreaking, yet loving sentence ever.

He returned to bed about an hour ago and when I saw his eyes shut, I started tracing the tattoos on his arms as I'm held tightly against him. I trace the word Nepenthe, the memory of him admitting that it was about me even when we weren't official rushing back. I know I joked about it and tried to play it cool, but I had never felt as loved until that day.

"I know you fucking heard me," Roman grumbles beside me. I knew he would be awake since my feet haven't stopped moving. Plus, I've been tracing his tattoos.

"I did," I whisper, my voice faint, interrupted by a small crack.

He moves his hand away from around my stomach, turning me around gently to look his way. I follow his guiding hands but don't meet his eyes, afraid that he may look at me with hate.

"Do you want to take time apart?" I finally ask the question eating away at me while staring at his stomach. He didn't say anything when I offered the idea the first time, so maybe he has been considering it.

If he says yes, I'll respect and understand his decision. I'll probably be more heartbroken than I already am or ever imagined I could be, but I won't show it because it's his right to make that decision and I don't want to use my tears to convince him to stay with me if he doesn't want to.

His hand goes to my cheek a little faster than usual, making me stupidly flinch slightly.

He's not going to hit you, he's not going to hit you, he's not going to hit you.

I hate myself for pulling back so abruptly because he's never given me a reason to make me afraid of him. Although, I know the fear still lives inside of me whenever a hand moves too fast in my direction, particularly with someone whose upset with me or upset in general.

I see his hand freeze for a second before inching closer, this time very slowly so I don't jump back again. He finally touches my skin as he gently pulls my face up so I can actually look at him.

He searches my face, and I think he's about to answer the question when suddenly his lips kiss mine, instantly taking me by shock. I grab his wrist immediately, the warmth of the kiss and his hand resting on my cheek sending butterflies to return after being gone for too long.

You know that feeling when you messed up and someone you love has been upset with you and they finally forgave you so now you feel like you don't want to throw up every single second of the day? Imagine that feeling, but times it by ten and then you'll know a smidge of my current emotions.

He pulls away after a few seconds, the kiss being more sentimental and softer than sexual.

"I could never take time apart from you." His words hit me like a massive wave crashing on the shore, almost knocking me out.

The relief and ease that speeds through my body may be the most euphoric sensation a person could experience.

I shoot up into his arms, probably suffocating him with all the strength I'm using. I feel his smile against my shoulder while he holds me tightly against himself, probably sensing the relieved tears that fall onto his skin.

"Please forgive me," I apologize again because I hope he knows that I mean it, and I don't want him to feel obligated to move on.

"Baby, I forgave you the minute you were in my arms again."

I simultaneously hug him tighter, my heart finally starting to beat normally again.

"Thank you for doing what you did for me," he says after a few moments of silence. "But please Alaiya, never scare me like that again."

I nod assuringly, more happy tears falling.

"I promise."

We're okay.
We're okay.

~~~~

"Alaiya," I hear my name being called, but I'm comfortable with my face in Roman's neck and his body underneath mine.

I ignore the voice.

"We have to leave in a little bit to get our things," he reminds me.

Who would've thought that there would be a day when Roman would've been the one waking me up and I would be the one saying no? The world is obviously turning upside down.

"Five more minutes." I smile against his neck, the scent of him completely invading my senses and I don't want it to stop.

"This would've been a lot different if you would change your annoying alarm that sounds like a fucking siren going off."

"Mhmm." I nod against him, not even bothering to say anything back with my eyes still shut.

He's comfy. Remind me to never take how comfy he is for granted.

"Did your stubborn ass really not argue with that!?" He sounds completely flabbergasted by my response.

I smile harder, my fingers playing and running through his soft hair.

"We can shower together and it'll cut the time short," I mumble with that voice you get when you're tired, but your bed is too comfortable for you to actually get up. In this case, though, it's Roman who I'm too comfortable with to get up.

Roman instantly rolls over, his body laying on top of mine in seconds as he holds himself up with his hands on either side of me, caging me in.

"Did that just come out of your mouth?" Forget flabbergasted, he's startled.

He is right. Usually, he's the one to recommend us showering together, not that I love it any less. I just don't usually have enough confidence to ask him to go with me, but I can't stay in that nutshell forever so I decided screw it.

I place my hand on his cheek, rubbing my thumb in slow circles on his softly-shaven skin, my eyes observing his jawline which could probably give me a cut if I were to run my finger over it too fast.

He is so freaking pretty! His eyes are literally the color of a green emerald. His lips are the perfect heart shape and pink color. His eyelashes are beautifully long and dark. His nose is perfect with no bumps. He has no sign of any eye bags and even if he did, they would even be flawless. His eyebrows are perfectly shaped, the arch better than mine and that's natural! He doesn't even have to wax them or endure the pain of tweezers. Well, except when I do his skincare routine for him.

I win.

I don't just say this for anyone, but even Stefan and Damon Salvatore have nothing against Roman.

"Alaiya, I didn't lose my trust in you. Don't start doing things that you don't want to just because you know it'll make me happy," he warns.

I'm not doing that though. I don't think I am at least. Am I? Yes, I know he loves to shower with me, but I feel the same way toward him. It's just whenever I get in a fight with someone, I become a little, how you say...over-emotional. I'm already pretty emotional, but after an argument, I want the other person to be sure that I actually did mean my apology if I did something wrong and that they're not thinking that I just did it because of our relationship status. I know I do this because I remember when my parents would get mad at me for things I didn't do, I would have to apologize and I would try my hardest to make it up to them due to the guilt they would make me feel. It took them a lot of convincing though, probably more than it should have considering I wasn't even in the wrong most of the time.

My dad had lost his alcohol bottle? Twelve-year-old me would spend days apologizing and doing whatever he said to earn his trust again. Side note: I had never touched my father's alcohol.

My mom was angry with my dad so she took it out on me? I would look up YouTube tutorials on how to make paper flowers or hearts with things I loved about her written inside of them because what else was an eight-year-old supposed to do? It's just what I was taught growing up. You have to keep doing the max when you're in the wrong for people if you want them to truly forgive you.

"I'm not." I shake my head.

He gives me a wary look before suddenly dipping his head into my neck, kissing me softly. I melt instantly, a smile making its way onto my lips.

"Do you want to grab breakfast from Smoothie Hut today?" he asks, thankfully changing the subject with his deep morning voice right in my ear.

No! I hate Smoothie Hut. Roman loves it because apparently it makes you stronger and gives you protein or whatever. It literally tastes like you're eating protein powder, raw. Do you know how disgusting raw protein power is? And then on top of that, they sell these horrible protein bars that don't taste like the ones you get at the grocery store. And the meals aren't any better. I mean, Roman only goes there when he needs the extra nutrients which yeah, are healthy, but I wouldn't go there if my life depended on it.

I blame his old coach for recommending that place to him.

"If you want." I shrug.

I'll just bring a bottle of water with me so I don't throw up or so I can at least get it down my throat without choking.

"You fucking hate that place," he says in an 'I knew you were going to say that' type of way.

Ohh! That's what he was doing! Nice detective skills, Alaiya. Actually, that was more of a common sense thing. All right, no need to be rude. Talking to myself really has its ups and downs. As I've noticed though, they're mostly downs.

"Okay, that's different," I defend, holding out my finger.

He leans down and kisses my forehead lightly. "Alaiya, I don't need you doing things for me that you don't want to do. I'm not angry at you, and if I was, you would've known. I forgave you because I actually forgave you. I'm not going to hold a grudge like you think I am for the rest of our lives."

"But I have to do it or else I'll feel like I'm not doing enough for making you upset with me," I explain my reasoning, admitting to my need to give so I can show my love.

"Fine, then since I'm deciding what you do for me, I want you to not do anything that you wouldn't do regularly," he uses my words against me.

That doesn't sound fair.

"I need you to keep arguing about little things, I need you to keep calling me out on my bullshit, I need you to keep telling me that I'm annoying whenever I say something sarcastic, and I need you to stop feeling like I'll ever stop loving you because that will never happen. Understand?"

I swallow, unable to form words due to his statement for a second before finally saying something.

"You like those arguments?" I ask the important question first.

I thought I was the only one who found entertainment in our little controversies about nothing.

He rolls his eyes at my priorities. "Your argument points make me realize that there's hope for Rider."

My mouth opens in offense since I know Roman considers Rider to be not the smartest fish in the sea which I disagree with, though, he doesn't, meaning he's basically calling me dumb.

How rude!

"I'm getting ready." I begin to get up now.

Roman's hands swoop around my stomach immediately, pulling me down on top of him as he lowly laughs, his raspy morning voice sounding like heaven as it mixes with my laughter as well.

"I'm kidding." He moves the hair that's fallen onto my face behind my ear. "There's no hope for Rider."

I roll my eyes back at him.

My chin rests on top of my hands which are sitting on top of one another against his chest. He continues to twirl my hair around his finger while I get lost in his alluring, green eyes.

"Can we still shower together?" I ask because my motive for that was genuinely because I wanted to.

He squints his eyes at me.

"I want to, I swear."

He glares for a few more seconds before holding onto me as he gets up and takes us to the bathroom. We both brush our teeth, but right before, I grab my speaker and play my music like every morning. I put it on shuffle and pov by Ariana Grande starts.

Roman and I continue to brush our teeth as I rest my hand on my side and move my hips subtly from side to side a couple of times. I may have been a dancer, but me just breaking down randomly at seven in the morning isn't something you'd ever catch me doing.

I notice Roman glancing down at me while we are brushing our teeth and I'm cleansing my face, as well as when I'm putting my hair up so I don't get it wet in the shower.

"What?" I laugh in confusion.

"Your ass looks really good," he compliments casually while glancing down at my butt. He then grabs the towels for us off the rack and moves them to the hook like he didn't just say that.

I haven't been confident enough to just casually admit this, but I noticed it earlier.

My body actually doesn't look so bad.

Did that sound narcissistic? Alaiya, you said you liked something about yourself, you didn't say that you were better than everyone on the planet. Look at me, giving myself encouraging life talks. Roman would be proud if he were in my head.

"You and your obsession with my butt." I shake my head at him as I walk over to turn the shower on, never telling him how I secretly love it when he says random things like that.

He smirks as he walks over too, his hands holding my hips and mine going around his neck.

"Now turn around so I can take my shirt off," I demand, probably killing the mood, but he told me to act normal so here's normal.

"We're about to fucking shower together!" He ushers to the running water. "Naked, need I remind you."

"And need I remind you, that you told me to act like nothing's changed. So turn around." I turn my finger in circles to demonstrate.

He sighs in annoyance before turning around. I take my shirt and pajamas off and put them on the counter before permitting him to look at me again.

"I haven't shaved in a few d-."

"Shut the fuck up." His words instantly shut my warning off before his hand makes its way to my cheek and his lips are on mine suddenly with pressure.

Coincidentally, the last song ends and I Wanna Be Yours by the Arctic Monkeys starts.

In seconds, his sweatpants are off with consent of course and we're both in the shower, the water falling on both our naked bodies. His hands rest on the glass wall, trapping me, but I really don't care. His mouth is aggressive, mine trying to keep up obviously by the way I breathe heavily each time we break apart. The breaks are very short though since after that fight, I'm sure we both want to get everything out of our system that we've had to hold in.

Make-up sex, in my opinion, is the best kind.

"Roman," I exhale, my back arched against the wall.

He stops kissing my neck for a second to look at me, giving me all of his attention.

"Pick me up," I pant.

His smirk shows that he obviously loved my request.

Before I know it, Roman's picked me up with his hands on my butt (are we surprised?) and is pushing me up while he's inside of me faster and faster until we both lose sight of our vision.

I'm glad I'm on birth control and haven't missed a day because otherwise, this would've been baby number four being created and I am not ready for that. Aubrey already made Roman and I get up three times last night. We do not need another baby doing the same.

♥ ★ ❦ ✱ ♥

Word Count: 3117

Please tell me if there are any errors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 172 6
| 18+ | • • • In Ream Johnson's life, work was first on her priority list. Having the title of being Nicole Wells' personal assistant, it came with...
97.7K 1.9K 28
They became the King and Queen of New York City, and God help whoever disrespected the queen. For the 1 millionth time Veronica's father made a deal...
19.1K 284 10
Languor - the state or feeling, often pleasant, of tiredness / an oppressive stillness in the air Thank you for picking up this book. Sadly, it has e...
168K 7.2K 19
Complete - [book 1] Killian Flinn was a name known by many. Instead, unaware of who he was, they called him "Blue".