BLOODLUST

Von CarnelianCrownedLady

To be fixed to marry someone you do not love is a curse far more worse than death itself. As I run away from... Mehr

Women of the Night
The New Neighbors
Distraction
Everybody's Turning Point
Early morning Conclusions
Amnesia
Absence of men in the Family
Bedtime Story
Weirder by the Day
First day at School (First Half- Detention)
First day at School (Second Half- Kyle Dawson)
Vampire Hunter
The Date
Healing Cuts
Knowing him and his Roots
I better pack my Bags
Remembering What's Used to Be
Traveling to Prague
Meat Cravings
Memories of 1999
Wrong side of the Fence

Stranger in the Park

765 19 5
Von CarnelianCrownedLady

Chapter 7: Stranger in the Park

“Rise and shine, sleepyhead!” Peter squeaked as he roughly jumped on my bed like some five year old. I deliberately opened my eyes when I noticed his jumping came to a stop, finding him tucked under the covers close beside me. Too close beside me. His nose inches from mine.

“If you’re not going to wake up, I’d join you in your sleep.” He said with his eyes closed, unmoving. He’s really handsome. The inner me sighing in admiration and blowing hearts as I stared at him.

“What day is today?” I asked, averting my thoughts as I sat up and looked outside the half opened curtains.

“Saturday, September 8, 2012.” He answered shortly unsure If I said day or date, as he got out of the bed. “Do you want to go outside?” He noticed my gaze out the window. “No, it’s…”

“We’ll walk around after breakfast, then.” He blurted, not even listening to my reply. I just nodded, thinking that some sunlight might actually be a good idea. Looking at the window, the huge white and gold pendulum clock caught my eyes. It was ten o’clock in the morning.

“Now go take a bath.” He ordered as he went straight to my wardrobe and pulled out some underwear. “What are you doing?” I asked demanding for a decent answer. I may lack memory, but I know that what he’s doing is not proper.

“I am choosing your clothes.” He replied in a-matter-of-fact tone. “You are not supposed to touch a woman’s underwear without her permission.” I reprimanded.

“Oh come on. I do this all the time.”

“What?” And I just let him do that?

“Come on we’ve been best friends for as long as I can remember.” He sighed in disbelief.

“And I just let you…”

“Of course. And for the record, you get choose my clothes too.” He rolled his eyes jokingly, making me smile.

I entered the bathroom without complaining. I needed all the help they can offer. Even my situation is complicated and very much puzzling; I still thanked God for giving me a loving mother and caring best friend. Not that I know him too well.

I headed out of the bathroom in my robes finding not a trace of Peter around. The clothes that he picked were lying neatly on the bed; a white cotton underwear, a frilly white camisole and a pair of faded jeans. I put them on quickly, wondering what was I excited about. Maybe it’s the thought of going out in the sun, or maybe it’s the thought of going out with him. Either way, I slipped into a pair of leather sandals and went straight to the dining area where mom and my aunts waited.

It’s kind of ok where do I place it: awkward, calling Mrs. Miller: mom. But after what happened last night, it feels refreshing. It feels…proper.

“It’s good to see you out of bed for a change.” Aunt Veronica spoke as everybody agreed. I just smiled inhaling the mouthwatering scent of pancakes. All served in different kinds of sauce from cranberry, strawberry, and chocolate, even whipped cream.

I opted for the traditional butter and honey. “I should say dig in but…” Aunt Bertha said as she motioned to me devouring my pancake. I froze at the thought of my becoming improper, but they just burst out of laughter.

“Oh darling you are so consistent.” Mother commented as she passed me a table napkin. I didn’t know what she meant. “You see darling, you love pancakes so much. They’re your favorite.”

“You hate the fat American ones and you love the French crepes.” Peter added as he came out of the kitchen carrying a jar of chocolate chips.

“I do?” I murmured

He handed me a cookie as I deliberately munched it up. “Yup, as much as you love chocolate chips.” He smirked as he messed up my hair, making everybody laugh again.

“With that personality of yours, Megan, you’ll regain your memory in no time.” Aunt Martha spoke, her pale gray eyes twinkling. “I hope so too.” I beamed back at her who motioned me to continue with my pancakes.

I noticed them rarely touch their food. They’d have a few bites then go excuse themselves to the kitchen one by one. Anyway, I look forward to my morning walk with Peter who has been steeling my butter.

*

“So, you’ll be attending school on Monday?” Peter asked as we walked out of our gates. “School?” I asked as a glimpse of my memories flashed before my eyes.

“You know. Teachers, classmates…” He elaborated looking at me like I’m not supposed to know.

“I know.” I barked. I may have amnesia but I kind of remember stuff too when I hear or see them. “I just think I’m not ready yet. What if they ask me stuff which I don’t remember?”

“Here, take this with you wherever you go.” He handed me a pocket sized notebook.

“What’s this for?” I asked as I flipped its pages.

“for your identity” He answered leaving me puzzled. “It has all your information on it. From your name to your last attended school to your favorite colors. Almost everything I think.”

The notebook had fifty leaves written behind it. And as I flipped it again, I saw every line has something written on it. No page was left blank. “You made this?”

“Yup, thought you might need it so I had to finish it up last night.”

I was quite impressed, not only with the beautiful handwriting but with the effort of making it as well. “You wrote all these in just one night? One hundred pages in one night?” Though the notebook was small, so was his handwriting.

“Yup. Hey if I knew you’ll be having amnesia, I would have written that a month ago.” He reasoned as we stopped by an ice cream van.

We were sitting quietly at one of the park benches looking around. There were children playing tag, nannies chasing five year-olds, elderly couples walking their dogs, and even teenagers making out near the bushes. I just smiled as I noticed how people of vast differences can be in one place at peace. If only vampires could live in peace with the humans, everything would’ve been perfect. A sudden odd though came to me as I averted my attention. I noticed the silence building up between me and my friend.

“Thanks.” I told him out of the blue as I paused on licking my chocolate ice cream. “It’s my treat okay. And besides, it’d be yours next time.” He smiled as he carefully wiped the strawberry smudge off his face with his crisp white handkerchief. He’s wearing a thin white V-neck pullover and a pair of neatly ironed black slacks. Clean freak.

“No. For this” I placed my palm on my pocket where I tucked the notebook. “and for this too.” I raised the ice cream above my nose for emphasis. He just smiled and before I knew it, he had his strawberry ice cream brushed into my face.

I yelped in irritation as he laughed his heart out, gaining the attention of the ice cream vendor who laughed with him. I tightened my grip on my chocolate ice cream cone as it involuntarily plunged into his face. Now were even and it’s definitely my turn to laugh.

“Urg, not fare!” Clean freak Peter protested as he wiped a glob of sticky chocolate ice cream off his handsome face. I on the other hand only had smudges on my face so a single wipe did the job. He just looked at me with his darkening green eyes and curled up lips. “I’m gonna get you Megan!” He yelled prolonging the vowels of my name, making it my cue to run homewards.

I was laughing too hard that my stomach already hurts. I can still hear him yelling at me; laughing as well. I stopped to look back as his voice came out of earshot. My legs were still moving forward and onwards as I noticed I was already in the corner of the park. And then, someone bumped into me, or shall I say I bumped into someone.

I fell hard on my back and was squinting in pain. It was painful, darn it was, but I’m sure I didn’t break anything. I wanted to get up as fast as I could and give that someone a taste of my fists but I couldn’t. I opened my eyes and saw the blinding bright sun and the eternal blue heavens. Suddenly, a shadow came to cover the blinding view and held his hand for me to take.

I was taken aback with his gesture of kindness. He had raven colored hair with streaks of brown as the sun shone upon them. His eyes were glittering like Sapphires in pools of blue flames, cool, chivalrous and free spirited, but there’s something on those dark almost navy blue eyes that caught me off guard. Lenience, sadness, I couldn’t tell.

“You okay?” He asked as I came to my senses. There was nothing wrong with his handsome voice, but there was surely something wrong with his arrogant and uncaring tone. It seemed like he only asked me because it’s appropriate. It seemed like he only asked me because I wasn’t responding to his helping hand gesture. Either way I grabbed his hand as he pulled me up, planting my feet on the ground.

“Thank you.” I murmured as I checked if my clothes had dirt anywhere. I didn’t hear a response so I turned to look at him again. He was walking away. How rude! The inner me had her brows met and her forehead wrinkled, stomping her feet demanding for apology.

“You’re not saying ‘sorry’?” I raised my voice for him to hear as he was quite four to five meters away. He stopped, assuring me that he did hear me. I crossed my arms waiting for him turn back and apologize. After few moments, he did turn around to say something. But with the look on his eyes, he doesn’t look like he’s apologizing to anyone.

“Well, you’re the one who bumped into me. You’re the one who should apologize.” He said in a-matter-of-fact tone as he folded his arms. He was wearing a gray shirt and a half zipped black cotton jacket that hugged his figure perfectly, giving hint of how sculptured he was beneath.

“Well I was the one injured in the process.” I sarcastically retorted as he released a pissed huff of disbelief.

“Would you keep that blabbering mouth shut if I say I’m sorry?” He replied, obviously irritated of my sarcasm. The inner me had one brow raised, mimicking my folded arms and tapping foot gesture.

“I demand a sincere apology.” I proclaimed raising my head and rolling my eyes. I looked away and waited for his apology. I resumed on tapping my foot on the ground within few moments of waiting, but there was no word from him. I looked back at where my eyes left him but no one was there. The inner me was now screaming at my being naïve and stupid as my eyes searched the area.

He was now eight to ten meters away, but I decided to run after the ill-mannered gentleman. I was panting when I reached him but the energy I gained from running down the slope gave me just enough momentum to kick his lower back. Leaving him faced down on the soccer field.

“Urg” He groaned as he flipped himself. Still, he was unable to get up from the ground.

“How dare you walk away from a lady like that?” I intentionally shrieked with the goal of annoying him.

“Geez girl, you call yourself a lady after giving me a flying kick? Damn, what are you?” Rubbing his lower back with both his hands, he squinted from the pain. He sounded angry at first but he was able to end his statement with a friendly tone.

“I demand a proper apology.” I repeated as I raised my eyebrows; amused with his shocked reaction of what a five foot two fragile looking girl is capable of.

He just giggled, showing a set of perfectly straight pearl white teeth beneath his full pink lips. He didn’t try to get up; he just looked at me as he released a hopeless sigh and shook his head. With both his hands on the air, he motioned an I-give-up gesture.

“I...” He chuckled, seemingly in disbelief of what he’s about to say. “Okay, here goes…”Breathing in, he encouraged himself to discontinue his laughing. I on the other hand was not amused with him finding me and my demands laughable. “I’m sorry I bumped into you, Miss…”

“M…Miller.” I stated feeling the necessity of acknowledgement.

“I’m sorry I bumped into you, Miss Miller.” He smiled as he stood up.

“Very well. What’s your name then?” I asked, maintaining composure with my eyebrows still raised.

He wasn’t able to answer as Peter pushed him aside and jerked my arm away from him. He was all clean once again.

“You’re going home.” He hissed as his emerald green eyes darkened and deepened in anger. I would've sworn that I heared him growl like some animal but I know it's not possible. He was hurting me, but what startled me most is the fact that he was capable of anger in such extent. I was out of words. I just looked at him begging to let me go. I felt helpless as I sensed the skin beneath his tightening grip heating up.

“What’s your problem?” The blue eyed boy sneered as he got up.

“Stay away out of this, kid.” Peter flashed him a cold unnerving stare hiding irritation in his calm voice. Did he just growl? Again? 

Peter looked back at me as he realized what he was doing. He let go of my arm and apologized to me, then to the boy. The boy just smirked, shook his head and left us.

“Oh Megan, I thought I lost you.” Peter moaned as he enclosed me in a tight embrace. I wondered why he thought that way. I just ran laps. Wait what? I ran laps! Shocked with the thought, I looked around the wide park that enclosed a huge soccer field and children’s playground. I searched for the ice cream van and there it was, far from where I expected it to be. Too far for a few minute run.

Was I some kind of runner before my accident? A normal person won’t be able to do what I did. I broke off the hug.

“Your mother phoned me a while ago. She says you need to get home.” Tucking my hair in place as the wind disheveled both of ours. “Why?” I asked as my eyes continued to roam, looking for the blue eyed, raven haired boy.

“Your Aunts have arrived.” He stated gladly as my attention averted to him. “You’ll be meeting my sister too.” He added as I courtesy a smile. We walked homewards without words coming out of our mouths.

We reached home with my head still on a whirlwind thinking of the stranger in the park.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
805 97 41
I ran as fast as I could. " you can't run away from me forever sweetheart, you are mine." He said, " what do you want from me?" I screamed at the top...
29.2K 1.1K 32
People of different species aren't allowed to mix so when word gets out about two people of different species dating, they become incognito and hide...
7.8K 226 109
His irises swirled slowly, an enticing pale silver against his stark black lashes. They illuminated slightly, so quick it was gone in a blink. He bro...