STAND BY ME | DRACO MALFOY

By gre3ney3dluvr

"Let me go, Draco." "What?" "Let me go. We both knew this was never going to end well. It's never going to wo... More

something special
𝐒tand 𝐁y 𝐌e
1. the quidditch world cup
2. madeye moody
3. partners
4. the she serpent
5. tri wizard tournament
6. school dance
7. draco the ferret
8. frenemys
9. the first task
10. crush
11. slytherin green
12. communicate
13. avoid
14. gladrags wizardwear
15. jealousy, jealousy
16. the yule ball
17. after-party
18. new years resalutions
20. potters other lover
21. opening up
22. relationship status
23. feelings

19. swollen lips

107 6 3
By gre3ney3dluvr

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐌𝐄 | 𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒
january 13,
1995

Vivian could barely believe the past week and a half she'd had. She was pretty certain that something like this would never happen to her. Not in a million years could she imagine that she would be roaming the corridors with Draco Malfoy, hiding in broom cupboards and abandoned classrooms, snogging the life out of each-other.

If someone told the brunette that this would be her life even a year ago, she would've laughed in their face. It was just too unbelievable.

And yet, as Vivian's back hit the wall and Draco's hands roamed around her waste, she knew it was entirely real. It wasn't some crazy dream that she would wake up from in the morning. This was actually happening. Sometimes Vivian would pinch herself— just in case.

"Finished yet, Vivian?" Milo yawned from where he sat on the ground across from his best friend.

"Just about," Vivian mumbled without looking up from the care of magical creatures essay she was working on.

It was one of the few non practical assignments Hagrid had given his class so far this school year, which was something Vivian along with everyone else who took his class were very thankful for.

"Well I'm finished.. and absolutely knackered, I think I'm going to call it a night." Milo said with a yawn before he began to stand back up, stretching as he did so.

The brunette girl only nodded her head a bit, knowing that if she took too much of her consciousness to reply she would lose all of the dwindling concentration she had left on her essay. She was nearly done anyway, there was no giving up now. especially because it was due the day before.

Vivian figured she really ought to start working on her organizational skills. Her brain was definitely suffering in that department.

She sighed, rubbing her eyes tiredly as she heard Milo finally walk out of the common room. Though his footsteps sounded as though they were leading outside of the Hufflepuff house as a whole— no where near where the 4th year Hufflepuff dorms were.

Vivian shrugged, she must be too tired to remember things correctly.

The minutes began passing by agonizingly slow now that Milo was gone, and Vivian could feel herself growing more and more tired at each tick of the clock on the wall.

She assumed it must be some time near 11 pm, which was quite late in the night for someone who liked sleep as much as Vivian Bright did.

The heat of the fireplace right in-front her wasn't helping either, the brunette had to stop herself from placing her head down on the table and allowing the warmth of the fire to take over her quite a few times now. This was getting ridiculous.

"Wotcher, Viv!" The brunette girl could faintly here her cousin call from over near the entrance. She barely had enough energy to say anything back.

Cedric, who had just gotten back from some sort of 6th year Hufflepuff hangout, made his way over to the couch Vivian was sat against, an amused and slightly tipsy grin stuck to his face.

Vivian responded with a pursed lip smile of her own from where her head was rested in her hands, her eyes nearly completely shut.

"You look like you're having a great time." Said Cedric sarcastically as he collapsed onto the couch.

Vivian shook her head, "Feel like it, too." she replied back with the same amount of sarcasm.

"Why'r you still doing down here anyway? Dont you normally pack it in at like 9:30?" The older Hufflepuff asked with an amused look. Vivian's normal sleep schedule was quite embarrassing...

"You know me. I need my beauty sleep." The Bright girl joked as she stared blankly at the words in-front of her.

"You might want to head to bed even earlier in that case.. get a few more hours in for that nose of yours—" Cedric began but was cut off my his arm being whacked with his cousins Care of Magical Creatures essay.

"Shuddup! We have the same nose, idiot," Vivian rolled her eyes in mostly amusement.

Cedric furrowed his brows, looking as if he was attempting to remember what his own nose looked like. "Not true— What are you even working on anyway?"

The brunette looked at her care of magical creatures essay that was now slightly crumbled, "A care of magical Creatures essay that was due yesterday." She replied flatly.

Cedric rolled his eyes, "Yesterday? Why are you still working on it now then?"

"Because some of us aren't as academically driven or crazy like you, Ced." The younger Hufflepuff girl huffed in slight annoyance, hoping she wasn't about to get some stupid lecture about why keeping on top of schoolwork was so incredibly important and Yadah Yadah Yadah.

"It's not crazy to care about your grades, stupid. I think you just need better time management skills. What were you doing that could've possibly been more important than your school work? Hm?" Cedric asked with a sigh, he almost sounded condescending.

Vivian rolled her eyes. She recalled what she was doing yesterday that had prevented her from finishing up her homework.. A coat of blush rose on her cheeks. She was quick to cover it up with her hands. Praying that Cedric was too oblivious to notice how flustered she had become.

"What are you doing that for?" He asked, gesturing to the hand placed over Vivian's lower face, "Are you.. blushing?"

Fuck. So.. maybe Cedric wasn't as oblivious as Vivian thought he was.

"What?! No— I am not blushing. Don't be weird!" Vivian replied a little bit too defensively.

Her cousin began to laugh, "You are definitely blushing! Merlin, What were you doing, Vivian?"

The Bright girl shook her head, rolling her eyes, "Like I would tell you. That wouldn't be the most awkward thing in the world." She huffed, hoping Cedric would drop it. There was no way in hell she was going to tell Cedric what had been taking up basically all of her spare time.

"Ew! Merlin's beard! Don't tell me you were— with a boy!" Cedric gasped, then proceeded to fake gag.

Vivian pursed her lips. "Again with the assuming it was a boy thing."

Cedric gasped again, "So— So you were with a girl?!"

"No, you were right the first time, I was with a boy. But stop just assuming—" Vivian began but before she could finish her sentence Cedric was cutting her off.

"Oh my— I can't believe this! Neglecting your schoolwork to go off and do Merlin knows what with some boy?!" Cedric did not know how to handle this type of situation, that much was clear, "I mean bloody hell, who is it?!"

Vivian felt the panic creep up on her again. She knew actually telling Cedric who she was with was absolutely not an option. Nobody could know what her and Draco had going on, even if Cedric was her cousin, that didn't guarantee his silence— or even his understanding.

"Er.. I cant tell you." Vivian stated truthfully. Hoping Cedric wouldn't pressure her into telling him much more.

The older Hufflepuff's mouth hung open, "You cant— You cant tell me?! Why the bloody hell not?"

Vivian rolled her eyes. Cedric had always been one for the dramatics, "Because I cant. And I don't want to. I've already told you more than enough!" Vivian folded her arms against her chest. The adrenaline of Cedric possibly finding out about her secret Slytherin lover making her slightly more awake than before.

"Cmon, Viv! Tell me, I always tell you all about my relationships. It's only fair!" Cedric was board-line whining at this point, making Vivian even more annoyed.

"Okay one, I would not call whatever the hell you've been up to with the women of Hogwarts 'relationships'. And two, life's not fair. So just give it up, I am not going to tell you." Vivian was pretty sure that was as clear as she could make her decision for Cedric... though she wouldn't be surprised if he still attempted to get his name out of her, after all Vivian was usually fairy easy to convince if you tried hard enough.

Not that Vivian was going to be able to be convinced with this secret. Because it wasn't just hers to keep. And she would be damned to give up someone else's secret. And especially not with the consequences that would follow for both of them..

Vivian almost believed Cedric had actually listened to her for once, he was after all being uncharacteristically quiet for some time now. But before the brunette could get her hopes too high, Cedric opened his mouth again, "Fine. Don't tell me— but that's not going to stop me.. I'll figure it out, Viv. I'll figure it out."

The Bright girls eyes widened at this. She couldn't deny that there was an actual real possibility that Cedric could manage to figure out who she was.. well not really with, but snogging. What with the older Hufflepuff boy being friends with basically everyone at this bloody castle, he was bound to have some connections.

"..It's Harry—" Vivian blurted in a moment of panic. Shit— that was probably going to come back to bite in the future. "I mean—"

"Harry?! You— with Harry Potter?" Cedric seemed to believe this terrible lie that was already leaving Vivian in a pile of sweat and guilt..

Vivian pursed her lips, "Nevermind— forget I said anything! I mean it, Cedric!" She did her best to back track, but knowing Cedric, there was no changing his mind on this one.. especially when it did sort of make sense.

Vivian didn't wait to here whatever her cousins response was. She was already halfway to her dorm room before she even heard his voice again.

This was definitely bad. A very very bad mistake. She was really hoping Cedric would manage to keep his big, outgoing mouth shut.. but that unfortunately seemed unlikely.. Vivian just prayed it wouldn't get back to the fourth years.. the drama that would ensue..

While Draco and her weren't official.. as far as Vivian knew, they were exclusive.. She didn't want to think about what Draco would say if he found out through a rumor that Vivian was also dating but not dating but definitely not just friends with Harry Potter.. his number one enemy. It would not be good.

Not to mention Harry! Not only was he not actually doing anything like that with Vivian, but he also most likely still wanted to do stuff like that with Vivian.. if he ever heard about what Vivian had said..

Nope nope nope nope nope. She could not even think about how embarrassing that would be.

The brunette let out an extremely loud sigh, she was not sure she would be able to fall asleep at all that night.. It was sort of like her punishment for saying what she did..

And she didn't even manage to finish her bloody essay either!

Needless to say.. Vivian was not looking forward to tomorrow in the slightest.

S.B.M

When Hagrid reluctantly gave Vivian detention the next day for her essay being late the second day in a row, she couldn't even bring herself to blame him..

It was her own fault she couldn't just shut her mouth and do her homework. Vivian always found a way to make things unnecessarily complicated.

What had slipped from her mouth the night before was still on the front of her  brain when she got up that morning. She woke up late, like usual, except this time part of the reason was because she was paranoid that Cedric had already told half the school.. The brunette didn't even go into the great hall that morning until she was completely sure no one was left inside. Vivian may be a bit of an inconsistent idiot— but she would never even dare to skip out on her morning douse of caffeine.

However, The affect of this did cause the brunette to end up a-few minutes late to defense against the dark arts. Which wasn't awkward at all.

But for the most part, No one was giving Vivian any confused or harsh looks— it looked as though, for once, Cedric kept his mouth shut.

Vivian moved through the halls after her final class that day, anxious to change and get out of the way of people for the rest of the day, (well minus Hagrid) when Vivian found herself being stopped by Pansy Parkinson in the hallway.

Vivian had not been able to catch her so far since they'd been back from Christmas, so she had absolutely no clue what the ebony haired Slytherin could possibly want.

"Oi, Vivian!" Pansy's freshly manicured nails grabbed onto the Hufflepuff girls robes, causing her to spin around in panic and confusion,

"Wha— Oh— Pansy! H-Hi! Long time no see.." Vivian smiled upon realizing who was holding onto the hood of her robes.

Pansy was also smiling— well smirking, "Yes, Yes nice to see you too and all of that. Anyway I have a message to give you— from Malfoy," The Parkinson girl finished up with a subtle wink, Vivian found herself furrowing her brows, what did Draco want..?

"Oh? What about?" She found herself asking, masking the nervousness that had made its way into her voice.

Pansy sighed but was still smirking nonetheless, it was clear to Vivian that for whatever reason, Pansy was very supportive of their— not relationship, "He wanted me to tell you to meet him at the astronomy tower before dinner tonight— Malfoy said he couldn't find you at lunch today to tell you then. Anyway, that's all and I already know your answer so,"

Vivian recalled how she had skipped out on the great hall during lunch that day too. Mostly because if Cedric had started blabbering about her and Harry's supposed relationship by then, it was not safe to be in such a populated area like that.. but also that she could finish that stupid care of magical creatures essay.. or else it would probably never get done.

"Oh.. Er, will you tell him I can't, actually..? I've got somewhere to be—" Vivian began, somewhat guilty that we would not be able to meet Draco for whatever he had wanted to meet her for,

"What!! Where do you have to be right now?" Pansy asked, clearly dreading the fact that she would have to tell Draco his plans were being canceled. She out of everyone knew how dramatic the Malfoy boy could be.

Vivian sighed, "I've got a detention with Hagrid. I'm supposed to go meet him by the forbidden forest in about 10 minutes.."

Pansy looked absolutely shocked, "You've— gotten a detention? From Hagrid?! I didn't know Hufflepuffs could even get a bloody detention, no less from Hagrid!"

Vivian shrugged, not that surprised Pansy found it hard to believe that she— a Hufflepuff got detention. "Yeah well, I am certainly not the first Hufflepuff to ever get a detention. I mean, you should see what some of the older years get up to in Herbology."

Pansy rose a brow, clearly wondering what a bunch of bumbling Hufflepuffs could possibly be doing in a plant class.. "Right-well then, if you've really got to go, I'll leave you to it. Let's hope Draco's this chill about it though." The Parkinson girl said with an amused yet somewhat worried smile.

Vivian pursed her lips, quickly saying goodbye to her Slytherin friend and apologizing for what might ensue before she made her way quickly back to the Hufflepuff common room and changed into something a bit more practical than large black robes and a pleated skirt.

After detention, which was mostly just walking through the forest with Hagrid and occasionally gathering a few herbs and plants that were supposedly going to be used in the next task, Vivian could safely say that she did not mind detention much at all. Hagrid had been kind as always, and Vivian (a bit stereotypically) was always quite good at herbology and usually enjoyed the class, found the past two hours honestly refreshing.. though she was sure if she had gotten detention from someone like— Snape, it would definitely be a different story.

Vivian found that the castle was still decorated with lots of students when she made it back inside. It was only just over 7 pm after all. And since curfew wasn't until 9, no one wanted to head back to their houses quite yet.

Well apparently aside from the rest of the 4th year Hufflepuffs, not a single member of the yellow house in Vivian's year was in sight.

The brunette started heading towards the basement anyway, figuring that if Milo and Lillian weren't upstairs to hangout with, she might as well head down their with the rest of them.

But right before Vivian could even turn the corner that led to her common room, she felt a large pair of hands grab onto her. Vivian let out a small squeal before her eyes finally landed onto their owner. Once brown met gray, she finally felt herself relax.

"Merlin, You scared me!" Vivian gasped as she playfully hit the side of his arm. Draco pretended to flinch in pain.

"It's the price you had to pay when you didn't come to meet me earlier." Draco shrugged before he leaned down, connecting their lips for the first time in 1 and a half days. But it could've been the first time ever based on how giddy Vivian felt as she locked her lips with his.

As they pulled apart, quicker than normal considering they weren't all that hidden from everyone else, Vivian giggled, "Didn't Pansy tell you? I got detention!"

Draco nodded his head, "Oh she did.. Not that I find your excuse all that believable considering how much of a stereotypical Hufflepuff you are."

Vivian rolled her eyes, but she wasn't annoyed at the comment like usual. Because unlike usual Draco didn't have any malicious intent when saying it, "Hey! I am not a stereotypical Hufflepuff— I really did get detention."

"Oh really. What for? Forgetting to kiss your plants goodnight?" The Malfoy' boy seemed to believe her a bit more now, though he still did wonder what she could've possibly done.

Vivian pursed her lips, feeling a bit embarrassed now that she thought about how silly the reason actually was, "I— I didn't finish a bloody care of magical creatures essay on time.." She couldn't even say it with a straight face.

Draco even chuckled at that. It still caught Vivian off guard every time she managed to see Draco Malfoy' laugh at something that wasn't inherently mean spirited. Or better yet, when she was the one who was able to make him laugh.

Vivian felt her heart flutter again, causing a look to spread onto her face that Draco knew well enough by now, he began to lean down again, but before he could get too far, something caught his eye.

"Go the fuck away, Bright! You aren't bloody funny." He hissed, leaving Vivian to glance at him in visible confusion— until she caught on, she could still see the hint of playfulness left in Draco's eyes.

"Oh I am pretty bloody funny, Malfoy. But anyone can be when it comes to talking about how ridiculous you are!" She shouted back, watching the corners of Draco's mouth twitch up the slightest bit.

"Vivian, What the hell? Is Malfoy bothering you?!" Milo came storming up behind her a second or two later, leaving Vivian a little bit rigid from where she stood beside him.

Vivian glanced at him with squinted eyes, wondering where he was off too without Lillian again, "He was— But I've dealt with him. Let's just go."

"..Right.. I'm watching you, Malfoy. Stay away from her." Milo scowled at the blond boy before he began to walk away, arm linked with the smaller brunette.

"I'll try my best." Draco sarcastically called in response. But when Vivian turned her head a bit to glance at him one more time, he was wearing his Draco Malfoy smirk.

Unfortunately for Vivian however, she couldn't make it back to the common room unbothered quite yet, because almost as soon as Draco was far enough away in the distance that he was no longer visible, Cho Chang decided to make an appearance.

The Ravenclaw girl was quick to get Vivian and Milo's attention, though the brunette girl wished she hadn't, she would've been much better off living blissfully unaware.

"Oh— Hi, Chan—Cho! Can I help you..?" Vivian asked when she realized that the black-haired girl was actually looking for her and not her cousin.

"Bright! There you are— I'm sorry to bother you, but I wanted to know if.. well.. If it's true..?" The Chang girl asked quietly, though you could tell she was obviously excited.

Vivian furrowed her brows in confusion for quite a few moments... until it dawned on her.. shit— Cedric!

But before The brunette could even get a word out,

"Is what true?" Milo asked, visibly intrigued from where he stood beside his best-friend.

Vivian looked at Cho pleadingly, but it was no use,

"Wait— you don't know?" The Chang girl furrowed her brows in what must've been shock. She figured the Bright girl would've told her best friend about something like this.

"Don't know what?" Milo asked again, this time slightly more annoyed with the lack of clarification coming from either of the girls.

"Wait—" Vivian tried for a final time when she saw Cho open her mouth. But she was just a bit too late.

"That Vivian's snogging Potter! She really hasn't told you..?"

"What?!" Milo practically shouted. Causing Vivian to cringe even more than she was already. If Cho didn't tell everyone then Milo definitely would. The rumor was officially out for everyone around to hear. Just terrific.

"Did this happen.. because of what I said to you on Christmas Eve..?" Cho asked giddily, clearly expecting a 'yes'.

Vivian's mouth hung open a bit, she tried to protest, "Me and Harry aren't together—"

"Oh sure— no need to be so coy about it. I wont judge what you two get up to.." the Chang girl whispered a bit too loudly,

Causing yet another gasp to come from the boy standing beside them, "What?!"

All Vivian could do was purse her lips in defeat. There was only one option left for her now, change her name and move schools.. she overheard a group of the Beauxbatons saying France was quite nice..

...
Lmao Vivian you chaotic Hufflepuff you.
Well I'm happy to say that I'm back from vacations probably for the rest of the summer which means I can probably update this a bit more frequently!! ALSO TYYY FOR 500+ VIEWS

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and pls pls pls let me know if Draco's being too soft to Vivian rn, I really don't want to make him too out of character—
Although next chapter is going to have a lotttt of Vivian+Draco drama lolz so stay tuned for that igg.

Anyway that's all from me for now!! Have a great day!! Ily,
xoxo

Word count: 3900+
Date: 8/09/22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 13.9K 51
I highly recommend reading the rewrite, which is still in the process of being updated, if you want a more mature, 3rd person perspective on this boo...
102K 1.6K 37
WARNING: SEXUAL SCENES, STRONG LANGUAGE ! If you're too young please don't read this -=- Disclaimer: I don't own the original Harry Potter characters...
230K 6.2K 47
𝙀𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙨𝙩 (.𝙣) 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙝𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙚 - Olivia Wind...
213K 6.8K 75
"Draco, look at me..." Y/N touched my face softly and I stared down at her. Tears welled from deep inside and I tried but couldn't stop them from cou...