Let me love you

By zkooby

Thalia Kennedy is a positive ball of sunshine, she likes dirty jokes and smiling whenever. When she meets a m... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

31

29K 1K 739
By zkooby

I couldn't sleep at all last night, after I got home I went straight to bed so that I could sleep and today would finally come. But I just couldn't sleep, I was way too excited.

I haven't been this excited since free donut day at Dunkin. Life is good right now. Despite everything with my mom, I've decide to not pay any mind to her anymore.

If she couldn't just accept me as her daughter and appreciate me, then I guess it is her loss.

I woke up early for someone who went to sleep really late. I took my favorite hot shower and did my daily care routine. I liked getting myself all prepped up, it made me feel good inside.

Of course, the second I woke up, I gossiped to Lola all about it. And she made me promise to tell her all about it tomorrow. Heath would be coming soon so I had to quickly get changed.

I put on the black dress he brought me for the first time and I don't know how I'm going to get pass my dad in this.

He'll think I actually went through with becoming a stripper.

Maybe I was exaggerating, it wasn't too bad. Just a little shorter than what I'd usually wear and more tight fitting. Also if you looked you'd get a peak at my chest but nobody should be peaking anyway.

I also went by the store today to get Heath something and I was excited to see his reaction. Even though he might not make a big reaction with his face, perhaps he'll tell me.

I hear my phone ding and quickly run to my mirror to check my hair. I had straightened the light waves in my hair to tame it and added some light makeup. I rush to put on my shoes which were just some fancy flats because I was not about to wear heels. I didn't even know where we were going but I guess that's the fun part.

I hadn't been on a date since, well never actually. Believe it or not, this was my first date. Maybe that's why I was trying a little too hard but also because I had something special planned to ask Heath tonight.

With one more look in the mirror and one last hair check, I make my way downstairs where I could already hear my dad talking.

"If there was a fire, who would you make a priority to save first? My daughter or yourself?" My dad leans on the door and I couldn't see who was on the other side yet.

When I got closer I saw it was Heath and my eyes widen. I just got one peek but that was all I needed to start feeling butterflies.

"There you are! Looks like your pen pal actually did come through." Dad looks at me and then at what I was wearing.

He was still being a little salty about me going on a date because he says I was 'ditching him' for another man. But it's not like that at all, my dads just a sensitive little guy.

I make my presence known and finally make eye contact with Heath, at least I do, he immediately looks down at my legs.

"One moment." I shut the door in his face before he could say anything.

I look at my dad and my dad looks at me. I let out a squeal and light scream out of excitement. I can't believe this. He looks so dreamy.

"If you don't want to go, you don't have to." My dad says, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Dad, I rea-"

"No one will be mad at you for choosing to just stay and not go at all. You just say the words and I'll get rid of him faster than-"

"Dad! It's okay. I want to go. Do you want me to go?" I chuckle and pull his hands away.

"Do you want me to not want you to go? Because if that's what you want, I'll do it." He says confusing me.

" I think I'm fine. I really want to go now." I bounce in excitement and he lets out a sigh.

"Fine." He crosses his arms and looks away.

"Just forget about me." He mumbles and my heart aches. I wrap my arms around him and squeeze him into a bear hug.

" I won't ever forget you. You're my main man, he's just a side. Now I really have to go, he's waiting." I pull away and he smiles.

"Alright. Have fun, kid. Not too much." He ruffles my hair and I groan. I spent hard dedication on this hair, I almost burned myself.

"You need a girlfriend or something." I mumble and reach to open the door.

Heath sucks his teeth and looks at the both of us.

"Sorry about that, we can go now." I smile and step out.

Heath grabs my hand, immediately reminding me of something.

"Wait! I forgot something. Be right back." I rush back inside and into the kitchen. I tried to be quick in case my dad scared him away.

"Did I ever tell you about the time Thalia peed her-"

"Dad! Stop it. Bye" I groan in embarrassment and rush out the door.

Heaths eyes follow me, the second I step foot outside with him again and he looks at what I have in my hands.

"For you." I hold out the flowers I brought for him, again.

"I'd appreciate if you didn't throw them away this time." I said, being shady but that's what he gets for messing with me and flowers.

"Thank you." He says his first words since he got here. He looks down at the colorful bouquet of flowers.

" I'll keep them" He takes my hand in his again and let's me walk ahead, into his car.

"Thalia?" I hear him say and I turn around to look at him.

"Yeah?"

"You look pretty." He complimented and my face feels hot. I didn't expect that.

"I look hot." I shrug off, Cooley. Gotta act somewhat confident, I can't have him know that he gets to me.

"Pretty hot." He nods, smirking to himself as he walks to the other side of the car, getting in.

In the car, I take a moment to actually look at him. He wore all black, from his buttoned up shirt to his black slacks and black dress shoes. His dark hair was perfectly soft looking as always, with the same few waves that always managed to fall perfectly on his face.

"We're matching." I said, realizing how the both of us were wearing black.

"Did you purposely pick out your outfit to match mine?" I ask, poking him on the cheek as he drives.

"Maybe" He pokes me back and I giggle at him.

"So, Mr. where are you taking me? Ireland? The club?" I list off a few ideas that randomly popped up in my head.

"My house." He answers and I hum in response.

I wasn't expecting to go to his house but I don't really care where we went as long as I was with him. Anywhere with him would be amazing.

We make conversation on the drive to his house and by the time we get there, the sun was going down letting us have a beautiful view of the cotton candy sky. I love sunsets.

Once we're at his house he takes a hold of my hand and leads me through the gates. He avoids the front entrance and walks me around the house to the backyard. I gasp in happiness when I see what he's done to the yard.

There were dim lights everywhere and rose petals on the short grass, a small clothed round table stood in the middle of it all with utensils. The flowers he has planted everywhere in his yard, really adds the cherry on top. It looked very Romantic, like in the movies I'd always watch.

"Do you like it?" He asks me, as he looks at me. I'm pretty sure he could tell that I did by my face but he just wanted to hear it. 

"No." I said very suddenly, making sure to put on my best poker face. He squints his eyes and licks the corner of his lips.

"No?" He furrows his brows, waiting for me to say anything else.

"I love it! I can't believe you did this." I put a smile back on my face and pull away from him to look around.

I sit down on the chair across from his as he continues to stand himself. He watches me in my admiration state as I literally look at everything closely.

"I have something for you." He walks inside and shortly comes back after with a bigger bouquet of roses.

Show off.

"I got you flowers too." He smirks and hands them to me. They block my face as I hold them because that's how big they were.

" Thanks, where's the trash so I can throw them away?" I joke and he shakes his head.

"I'm just kidding, Thank you hunny." I smile and place them inside the empty glass vase on the table.

I assume Heath put my flowers away safely when he went inside, that or he threw them away. Okay, I'll stop being shady now.

Heath takes a seat in front of me and pushes his chair closer to the table. I laugh at how proper this whole thing looks, it didn't suit him at all because he wasn't anything proper much but I like seeing him try.

"Where's the food?" I ask laughing , looking down at the empty plates. Heath smirks and holds up a little bell, ringing it.

"Fucking shit." I hear mumbling and look at the door, watching as Duke came out dressed in a waiter type uniform and a tray. Following him, Beau trods in first making me look at him. As if he couldn't get anymore cuter, he was wearing a little tuxedo suit too.

Beau sits down in front of me and paints as he looks at me. I will die of overload cuteness right now.

"Here are your fucking drinks." Duke grumbles and glares at Heath as he places down a glass of wine in front of him. 

"Duke? What are you doing here? And you look ridiculous in that." I look him up and down, he snaps his eyes to me and scowls.

" I need a fucking raise and he's my boss." He glared at Heath.

"I'm trying to buy a jacuzzi." He leans into me and whispers, winking.

"I'm not paying you to fucking talk. Get out." Heath scowls as he watches Duke take deep breaths to refrain from saying anything.

"Have a good night. If you need anything, just ring the bell." Duke says through his teeth, I could tell his patience was running thin.

I look into my cup to see it was just water and ring the bell just as he was about to step inside. He sighs and turns around, placing a forced smile on his face.

"Yes?" He comes back and I look at my plate.

"Well I thought you were going to bring food, I haven't eaten much today." I look up at him and he rubs his hands together.

"Well what can we do?" He purses his Lips and turns back around.

"You heard her, bring her food." Heath sternly speaks and Duke nods, when he was at a far distance from Heath I watch him mock him causing me to laugh.

"I have something else I want to give you." Heath interrupts my laughter and I watch as he digs through his pockets.

He pulls out a piece of folded paper and looks at it, as if he was thinking about something.

"I... wrote something for you." He slowly averts his eyes to mine and handed me the note.

"You wrote this for me? That's so sweet." I look at him and the corner of his lips turn, slightly. I'll still count that as a small smile.

"Don't open it now." He quickly said as I went to open it.

"Read it when you get home. It's corny." He explains and scratches his head.

"Thank you for doing this for me." I smile and he nods his head.

" I love water, my favorite." I take a sip from the glass cup. I wonder what was taking Duke so long, my stomach was grumbling.

"I wanted to ask you something, it's very important." I sit up on my seat, catching his attention.

"Will-"

"As asked, your food. Here's our special for tonight on the menu, PB & J sandwiches." Duke comes in with the tray and puts two sandwiches down on our plates.

"Enjoy." He bows playfully and I bite my lip, nervously taking the bell again. I ring it.

"What, now!-" He clears his throat when Heath sends him a glare.

"How may I be a help?" He changes his tone and walks back to our table.

"I don't really like peanut butter-" before I finish Duke snatches the sandwich away from me.

"Fine. I'll eat it. Does it look like I can cook? I wasn't expecting to cook. I've had it up to here." He holds his hand above his head.

I take the bell and lightly ring the bell again.
"I don't like your tone-"

"Fuck this bell." He takes it out of my hands and throws it into the bushes before storming away.

I'm still hungry...

"That's zero stars for customer service." I side eye just as he walks inside.

" Thalia.." Heath looks down at Beau and pets him before shifting in his seat.

"I want to tell you something." His deep voice made me nervous about what it could be but I still listened.

"What is it?" I look at him as he struggles to say it.

"I've never said this to anyone before." His eyes travel down to my lips, and dangerously lower from there.

"You make me feel happy." His eyes confidently look into mine and I didn't know what to say.

He surprised me with this one but it was something I was happy to hear. I was the reason for someone else's happiness? Me? How? I didn't think I was special like that. It's my charm, isn't it?

"Aw, you make me feel happy too, Heath." I smile and couldn't help but stand up and jump on him as I wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug.

His pleasant scent filled my nose, he smelled good and looked so perfect. His image alone could make me happy. I would make sure to tell him any chance I got.

"Heath"

"Hmm?" He tucks some loose strands of my hair away from my face and holds me tightly as he sits me on his lap.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" I ask him what I've been wanting to for a long time.

He looks at me before I see something that makes my heart awe and beat a little faster.

He smiles.

————————————————————

A/N

I- 🫢😭🤪🥳🥳🥳
I hope you guys enjoyed this 💕💕

7/29/22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.2M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
8.5M 289K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...
219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...