Luna Queen

By Niaralle

I hadn't always dreamed of a man to sweep me off my feet and propose underneath the twinkling moonlit stars. ... More

All Rights Reserved
1 - Prologue
1.5 - Prologue
2 - Soulmates
2.5 - Soulmates
3 - Prison Escape
3.5 - Prison Escape
4 - Flash Fires
4.5 - Flash Fires
Information
5 - Reality Sucks
5.5 - Reality Sucks
6 - Hospitals
6.5 - Hospitals
7 - Testing Room
8 - Rogue Issues
8.5 - Rogue Issues
Information
9 - Luna Cycles
9.5 - Luna Cycles
10 - Weird News
10.5 - Weird News
11 - Backfired Plans
11.5 - Backfired Plans
12 - Disobedient
12.5 - Disobedient
Information
13 - Research Perks
13.5 - Research Perks
14 - Making Plans
14.5 - Making Plans
15 - Fugitive Kisses
15.5 - Fugitive Kisses
16 - Death Wishes
16.5 - Death Wishes
Information
17 - Deep Thoughts
17.5 - Deep Thoughts
18 - Chilling Out
18.5 - Chilling Out
19 - Anathema
19.5 - Anathema
20 - Aldag Senior
20.5 - Aldag Senior
Information
21 - Evil Incases
21.5 - Evil Incases
22 - Commander
22.5 - Commander
23 - Luna Queen
23.5 - Luna Queen
24 - Hidden Talent
24.5 - Hidden Talent
Information
25 - Epilogue
25.5 - Epilogue
Sequel
Appreciation
All Rights Reserved
Hey.

7.5 - Testing Room

58K 1.8K 480
By Niaralle

7.5 - Testing Room

Sativa
"What?" Her eyes widen as I roll mine. "He's your what?"

Again, silence hangs.

"If you don't believe me..."

"No, I do. For once, I didn't read that off you," she sighs. "Plus, you've got his stubborn streak, and his nose; you know that, right?"

"No - good, then?"

She nods, "To an extent."

I lean my head on the headboard of the bed, "So, what now?" I look at the ceiling as I hear the wheels going off in her head.

"Do you want to meet him?"

"God, no." I sit up straighter, a look of pure fear etched unto my face. "What would I say, 'Hey, brother that I haven't seen I four years, how's it going?' or 'I know I haven't seen you in four years, but I love you bro.' It doesn't work that way - it's difficult."

"It's only as difficult as you make it, Sativa," she throws her hands up, sighing at me.

"I know."

"So, what's it going to be," she smiled. "Are you going to see him, or are you going to not going to see him, or are you going to not."

I frown, "That isn't even proper English."

"What is it going to be?"

"I'm not going to see him."

"Well, that's quite awkward because he is on his way."

-

Loupe Fiasco, California
USA - North America
The Main Pack Lodgings

Sativa
I was hyperventilating. It felt like, I couldn't breathe properly. "Why would you tell him to come here?"

"Well, I always wanted you to meet him, so I told him to come here - that was before I knew he was your brother," she didn't look as if she regretted her choice.

I uncrossed my legs and leaned back on the bed, "I suppose you're right," I murmur as she squeals in agreement. I mean, what is the worst that could happen.

"You meet him, he doesn't remember you?" Vienna chuckles as I sit up at her words. "Just bluffing, he'll remember you - chances are, he might remember you. Reality, not so much of a chance."

"Shut the hell up," I cry. "This is not the time."

"Wolf giving you a hard time," Natalya gives me a warm smile and a knowing look as she looks worried. I wasn't completely sure why.

I chew my lip, "Thanks."

"For what?"

I don't answer for a minute, "I should know better than to trust you - but, I do." I say.

"That's good."

"Don't get used to it," I say truthfully. "I already have, you shouldn't do that too."

"You can't tell me what to do," she giggles, pushing her raven locks behind her ears. "Besides, my mother always told me to never judge a book by its cover."

"Mine too."

As if wanting to speak, she opens her mouth slightly, but a knock on the door interrupts her line of speech. My eyes widen as she gives me an encouraging look and a small pat on the back, walking quickly to the door to pull it open. I just remain there, biting my fingers as I watched the door swing open, my heart dropping.

"Nathan," I hear Natalya greet, due to my angle on the bed, I can only see Natalya hugging a tall figure, planting a little kiss on Nathan before ushering him inside and closing the door gently, but firmly.

My breathe catches in my throat as my eyes reach the man. He looks exactly the same - except, he was buffer, his muscles more refined. A shadow of hair on his chin gave him a mature look, and the long scar that ran from his left cheek to his left eye quite intimidating. For a while, he stared at me, and I stared at him. I didn't know whether he had recognized me or not, but I didn't really care.

"JoJo," I whisper, my legs running up to him on their own account. I wrap my hands around his neck and take in his familiar scent. Mint, the woods, and coffee. I feel the tears slide down my cheek, and for a minute he doesn't respond. But slowly, his arms wrap themselves around my waist, his head buries itself in my shoulder, and I can feel his tears land on my neck as well. He hugs me so tight that it begins to get hard to breath; I didn't care, I knew I would die happy.

"You didn't keep your promise," his voice was hard and rough, like it had gone through hell. "You grew up."

His accent was slightly foreign, but I could recognize the American tone inlaced in his tone.

"I said I'd try, didn't I?" I chuckle happily, releasing his neck as I wipe my eyes with my sleeve. "You made me cry, dammit - Joseph."

"Hey, you made me cry too."

"This is too sad," Natalya commented from behind Nathan. "You two are cute." I frown as she holds up her phone and a flash followed by a shot rings, "Instagram!"

"What the hell is Instagram?" I ask Vienna.

"It's a social network," she replies, sounding suspicious; I don't ponder it.

"That explains why I've never heard of it," I frown, rubbing my head.

"You should really stop frowning all the time, I hear you age faster if you do," I widen my eyes slightly as I realize Vienna and Natalya chided my frowning in perfect unison.

I roll my eyes at her as Nathan just gives her a slight smile, a hint of the worry that I had seen earlier in Natalya's eyes in his as well, "What's wrong?" I ask, my brows creasing.

"Nothing," Natalya answers all-too quickly, "It is not a good thing you met you brother, no?" She giggles nervously - I sense the lies.

"Tell me," I feel a little dominance slipping into my voice. "I won't ask again."

Natalya giggle, turning to Nathan, "I told her she was just like you," she laughs. "That dominance thing you do with your voice, babe."

Nathan returns the laugh, "I can see it," he chuckles. "But, mine's a little better."

She winks, "I agree."

"Stop changing the subject."

"Alright, if you must know, she's here," Nathan snaps, he doesn't look happy anymore. I wondered if the news was that horrible.

"Who's here?"

"Maya."

"Who's that?" I snap, getting annoyed with their cryptic tones and whispered voices.

"Romanov's girlfriend."

-

Loupe Fiasco, California
USA - North America
The Main Pack Lodgings - The Pack's Cafeteria

Sativa
It was somewhere around three in the afternoon, and I simply couldn't deny my stomach's need for food any longer. It had been almost an hour since Nathan and Natalya had left, leaving me with my thoughts. I had begged Natalya to not tell Nathan about my relationship with Alpha Ivanovich. Dragging more people into it would only confuse my thoughts more.

I took a shower, thinking it would make the puffiness in my eyes dwindle - it didn't. I will admit, I cried - shamefully. I knew that I shouldn't have been so stupid; naïve, but I didn't. I should have realized, that a man of that status, a man of that godlike body would have to have a girlfriend, somewhere. I just wanted to believe my heart, and throw my common sense to the wind. For a time, I had. Young, carefree - until my father became selfish, and blinded by greed, lust and more grinded of all - power.

I had rooted the closet for a pair of light blue jeans, and a cream-colored sweater, slipping on my combat boots as I tie my hair up. I had rarely exited my room since I came here, socializing with a Pack like this wasn't my top priority - and it still isn't.

But, my stomach had suffered enough. I needn't bother with a cellphone the day that I came here, for I had never had one. Yes, an eighteen year-old without a cellphone. But, to me they were just devices that could be used to track your location. Or, to chat with friends. A little something I didn't have, so there was no point.

Sighing, I push open the empty door and walk out of the room into the dimly lit hallway. Even with the sunlight shining through the small cracks in the thick curtains, it was still dark. I walk towards the lift and push the button, it didn't waste time to open and I stepped in. Oddly quiet, the normal four CCTV's hung there, though I could swear that they were adjusted to every angle as so capture any sudden movements I remotely dared to carry out.

I chewed my lip as the lift smoothly ran, perking my stature a bit as the doors slide open, the cool air hitting me. I walk out of the lift and recall my memory to the direction of the cafeteria. It was a couple of feet away from the Testing room, and Brandon had spent a good five minutes explaining to me how to get there without his guidance.

I push the red doors open, letting out a sigh of relief as I realize that lunch was over, and the room was empty. Nothing but the click of my combats against the shiny floor was heard, a few ladies were wiping tables down, so I knew that lunch hadn't finished a long time to now. Walking up to the self-serve table, I try to catch the attention of a middle-aged lady with a pair of earphones on. I could tell that she was remotely occupied with her music.

Due to my enhanced hearing, I could tell she was listening to Mariah Carey, "Excuse me," I clear my throat, waving my hands in her face. But her eyes are closed, she can't hear me.

"Hello, can you hear me?"

It takes a full minute of my frantic waving for her to finally notice me, "Yes, dear?" She smiles down at me kindly, removing one of her earplugs to look at me.

"I'm really hungry," I say.

She seems thoughtful for a minute, "Well, werewolves will be werewolves, won't they?" She laughs as I stare at her in confusion. "I didn't notice you here this afternoon, but I am sorry, all the food is gone, honey."

Her voice reminded me of my mother's. Calm, bubbly and southerly. I enjoyed it.

"Oh," I say, frowning.

"But, the kitchen's just out back, you go whip yourself something from the leftovers," she smiles brightly, gently pushing me in the direction of another door. Her bright red hair bouncing as she jumped up and down to the music, her wild blue eyes shining alight. I decided that I liked her, I liked her personality.

I stand there for a while, staring. Until my mother's voice rang in my head, "It's rude to stare." Then, I moved my feet, shuffling to the door as I sighed softly.

I pushed open the door and
my eyes came to meet with the most heavenly kitchen I had ever stepped foot in. There was every gadget known to man, I completely forgot about hunger as I wandered around the massive islands. Looking in the cupboards and the commercially stocked refrigerator in pure wonder.

I pull open the massive fridge, my eyes almost assaulted by the large array of food, vegetables - a chef's dream really. My eyes scan the numerous containers, finally falling on one with pasta in it, I pull it out, set in on the counter, and I peel the casing off. It was my favorite to eat when I was little; Chicken Alfredo Pasta.

Wincing at my growling stomach, I scan the kitchen in search of a bowl. Finally succeeding to find one in a cabinet, I empty a delirious amount of food into it, not bothering with a microwave because I had always just preferred my pasta cold. I scan the room once more, several bar chairs lining the island, I don't bother with them as I sit cross-legged on the cold, hardwood floor.

I stab the pieces of chicken with my fork, thankful that my hunger was finally being quenched. In a matter of minutes, I am finished. I rinse my bowl and fork in a large sink and walk to the fridge again. I smile at the last packet of Kool-Aid. Grabbing it, I drain it down and play with the packet like a child. I slip on one of the seats at the island and rest my forehead on the cool surface of the tiled table.

"He has a girlfriend," I whisper to Vienna. I wasn't sad, or angry, I was just disappointed in my naïve and childish thoughts. "A fucking girlfriend," I say.

"You act like you're surprised," she chuckles, but I knew it wasn't a happy, funny chuckle - she was mocking me; and she knew that I knew it too.

"You can be a bitch, you know that right?" I sigh.

"I am not a bitch." I could hear the frown in her voice.

"You're right," I almost hate myself for what comes out of my mouth next. "You're much more," I snap softly, putting the wall back up in my mind. The mental action bringing me on an sliver of a headache.

It occurred to me, that this was the second time that I had quoted one of Alpha Ivanovich's words. It was like, I was pending my hate on Vienna, and I didn't feel the least bit guilty about it.

I exit the large kitchen and wave off the nice woman as I leave the cafeteria. As I come to stop at the lift once more, I don't feel the need to sit in my small room pitying myself, while watching the forest I can never explore. I think about it for a moment, the I remember the library.
Nobody was here, from what I could see, it was just that I didn't know how to get to it. I stay thoughtful for a minute, before deciding to use the the stairway to find the library.

I walk up to the lift and push on the green button, again, it slides right open. I stand it it as I smoothly runs up, leaning my head against the wall, my fingers itching to touch the beautiful books that lined the perfect library. The small ding pulls me out of my thoughts as Amiya's directions remain prominent in my head, "She pressed F6, turned to the left twice before she skips as she leads me down the hallway. We pass exactly ten doors before she stops at one."

Doing exactly as I remembered, I end up back in front of the door to my room. Opening it, I mentally congratulate myself as my eyes meet with my familiar messy bed, and the clothes scattered on the floor. I shut the door and turned right, just as I had done a night before, I walk down the empty hallway, smiling as I come across the large door.

Pushing it open, I slip through the small crack that I had created. I pull the door shut and carefully walk down the stairs. As I near the other door, I realize that it is wide open. I halt my steps, wanting to inspect the situation before going on. I crouch slightly, stilling all movements as I listen carefully - but, the sound that meets my ears isn't the sound that I had expected.

It was a scruffy squeak, one that sounded like a fucking rat. And, if there was one thing I couldn't stand most of all, it was rats. I bite my lip to keep from cursing as I stay as still as I can. But, unfortunately, this wasn't the plan of the Angels above. A small, furry creature rubbed against my foot as my eyes widen. I let out a yell, and jump three feet in the air, landing only to trip on my own foot and tumble down the remainder of the forsaken stairway.

I groan as I finally stop rolling. I blink as I open my eyes and the haziness clears. I was in the library.

Sitting up, my heart clenches as my tongue drops down to my throat. My cheeks heat up profusely. Causing me to clear my throat and frown.

"Before you know it you're looking like a seventy-something year-old hag with no life," I loosen my face as Vienna warns me; cackling evilly.

Romanov had a frown of his face as he watched me, then he broke into a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at the man as the entire Pack watched me. Some in pity, some in barely controlled laughter, and some in pure hatred. I glared at them all.

"Alpha, she was eavesdropping," a Pack member spits, standing up and pointing an accusing finger at me. "Kill her."

"Shut the fuck up," I snap in unison with Romanov.

The man eyes morph into one of fear, then anger as he sits down, obviously fuming. I could feel Alpha Ivanovich's eyes on my body. But, I didn't look at him, in fear that I would loose the little dignity I held.

"Murderer," I hear someone whisper in the large crowd.

I roll my eyes as I sit up. The title barely bothered me anymore; not as much as before. I was past caring.

How the fuck was I supposed to know they would have a Pack meeting in a library? The man planned this, God I hated him. But, what I hated even more was the beautiful woman that was wrapped in his arms - laughing at me.

If I was going to survive the next month in this godforsaken Pack, I would need something to vent my anger through. And, I think that I may have just found it - his gorgeous girlfriend.

"You wouldn't dare," Vienna breathes as I watch the happy couple embrace themselves. "You wouldn't dare to do that, Sativa!"

"Come on, what would the world be without a little revenge?" I muse, slowly dusting my pants and walking back up the stairway, wary of the little squeaks and small shuffles.

"The world would be a violence-free place," she exclaims - I frustrated her.

"And, that's supposed to be a good thing?" I smirk.

No reply. The Wolf is finally catching up to me, and for that, I might let her loose one day. Controlled, or not.

-

Luna Queen (2015)
© Victoria Leslie Khan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 6.3K 21
Alison Stones is like any other ordinary high school stereotypes. Her only concerns are school and college. But when a history project causes her to...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
510K 20.4K 42
"I've met some pricks in my lifetime but you sir, are a fucking cactus!" Milan Chandler: Badass Elliot Gabriel: Jackass Join the mischevious Milan Ch...
779K 29.1K 28
Atticus and Olivia have a past...and share the same fate. But as they're trying to move on from the cruel cards they've been dealt with in life a pre...