Mated to my Alpha's Rival

By prefeze

Elias Sage is the Beta of the Sage Moon Pack. He is loyal to his Alpha, his best friend, Silas Sage. He could... More

Authors Note
Character list
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 ✨
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 ✨
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 ✨
Chapter 12 ✨
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 ✨
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 ✨
Chapter 23 ✨
Chapter 24 ✨
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 ✨
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 29

26.7K 848 88
By prefeze

Authors note: apologies for not updating last Sunday, my life for the next 5 weeks is absolutely hectic with uni, work & assessments. I will try my absolute best to continue weekly updates but there might be a few delays which is out of my control during this time. I am so grateful for all your support, reads, votes & comments, thank you for being awesome and reading my story! <3

Elias' POV

For the first time in two weeks, I woke up feeling warm and comfortable. My body is intertwined with Ryder's, his arms wrapping around me as I cuddle into his chest, while we face each other. Somehow, our legs managed to become tangled together during the night.

When I woke up yesterday, I could sense something different in the house, that was until I could smell Ryder's scent faintly. At first I thought I was dreaming, until I actually saw him sitting on the couch.

I'm thankful that he didn't leave me, or break the bond. Although he did suggest that I could do it if I wanted. I'm hurt he suggest it, but I know it's my fault that he ever thought of that in the first place. I made him feel as if I would rather break the bond than be with him. I want to tell him that I would never want that, but I know words won't mean anything. However, actions would, so I will just need to show Ryder how much I need him. After all actions are worth more than words.

I manage to pull my body away from Ryder's without waking him up. Before getting off the bed, I lean down to place a kiss on his temple, hovering there for a little bit, before pulling away and exiting the bedroom.

*

The smell of bacon and eggs fills the kitchen as I try not to burn the breakfast I've cooked up. "Smells good," a voice startles me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I look up to see Ryder walking into the kitchen. His hair is messy from sleep as he runs his right hand through it in an attempt to untangle it. I give him a smile, simply happy that he's here with me.

"The breads there if you want to toast yours," I tell him, gesturing to the Turkish bread on the counter. He gives me a thanks, walking over to the counter and helping himself.

"So," I begin, clearing my voice, "I was thinking we could go over to mine today," I suggest, looking over to Ryder who raises his eyebrow. "And well, you could meet my parents," I finish nervously. Ryder continues to look at me, not saying anything. "Of course, only if you're up to it, if not that's cool," I quickly add, not wanting to make him uncomfortable. Maybe I moved too fast suggesting that?

Ryder then chuckles, taking his Turkish bread out of the toaster and placing it on his plate. "Elias, I would love to meet your parents," he promises me and I sigh out in relief. "What time were you thinking?" He asks me, as I take the bacon and eggs off the stove.

"After breakfast?" I offer him, to which he nods.

Ryder and I eat our breakfast together on his kitchen counter making casual conversation. We are still getting used to being around each other after what happened. I know our relationship isn't perfect and we still have a lot to work on, to fix our bond, but I'm just glad he's here with me now.

I know I hurt him. And I need to make sure he knows I won't do it again. I hope by introducing him to my parents he'll know I'm serious about him. And that I want this relationship as much as he does.

*

I take a deep breath in, as I try to relax in the passenger seat of Ryder's car as he drives us towards to my pack. "Are you okay? You know you don't have to do this if you don't want to," Ryder reminds me.

I quickly shake my head, "no, it's okay, I want to," I promise him. Although that is true, I'm still nervous, because although I'm sure my parents have heard the rumours by now, I still haven't seen them these past two weeks. I'm not even sure if Silas has told them or not, but they haven't tried finding me while I've been gone, so I gather he has told them something to keep them at bay.

"I'm nervous too," Ryder confesses, making me look over to him with a small smile.

"They will like you," I tell him. "They would always get annoyed when Silas and I would talk shit about your pack, saying that our feud with you was petty," I admit, chuckling a little.

Ryder lips tug upwards at that, "they sound like reasonable people unlike someone I know," Ryder suggests, turning to look towards me while smirking.

"Hey!" I exclaim. "You guys were also starting petty fights with us, you can't talk mister," I remind him in warning. But Ryder only laughs, looking back towards the road. I cross my arms in a silent protest.

"I think you, Silas and Kai were the ones who started the whole rivalry thing in the first place though," Ryder states, while I try remember how it all started as well.

"I don't know what you're talking about, we are a friendly lot, it must've of been something you guys did," I try placing the blame on him, despite not remembering who actually started it in the first place. We both laugh at that, knowing I was just spilling bullshit.

Ryder pulls off the main road, driving towards the entrance of my pack. My nerves come back again as we get closer and closer towards my pack. We are able to get past the front gates of my pack with ease when the guards see me sitting beside Ryder in the car. Eventually, we arrive outside my house, after I guided Ryder towards it.

Taking another deep breath in, I try control my racing heart. Ryder takes the keys out of the ignition before turning towards me. He gently places his hand on my thigh, "are you ready?" He asks me.

I chuckle at little despite my nerves, "I should be the one asking you that," I tell him. Ryder smiles at that.

"I'm okay, just a little nervous, I want them to like me," he tells me honestly.

I nod, "they will," I tell both him and myself. After a few seconds I unbuckle my seat belt before opening the passenger seat door. Ryder follows my actions, and soon enough we are standing outside my front door together.

Do I knock? I mean I haven't been here in awhile and I'm here with my mate so would it be okay to just walk in or should I kno-

Before I can even make up my mind the front door swings open before us revealing my mother. Her eyes are hopeful, as they land on me standing outside. "Elias!" She exclaims in relief. "Darling, Elias is home!" She turns her head, calling out to Dad, before she turns back toward me, wrapping her arms around me.

Still in a state of shock, it takes me a moment before I wrap my arms around her. I didn't know what I was expecting when coming back home. Maybe a scolding for disappearing. But relief washes through me as I hug my mum back, closing my eyes. I missed her scent, her touch and her gentle voice.

Sensing a presence behind my mother, I open my eyes to see my dad now standing in the doorway. He gives me a smile, before his eyes drift over to Ryder who's standing beside me. Dad looks at Ryder up and down, and I can't tell what he's thinking, but he then holds out his right hand to Ryder who takes it with his own, "you must be Ryder," my dad greets him, shaking his hand.

"Yes sir," Ryder replies, shaking his hand before pulling away. My mother pulls away from me, before looking over towards Ryder as well.

My dad chuckles, "sir, goddess that makes me feel old, you can call me Sam or Samuel, son," he apprises. I turn towards Ryder who looks a little taken back from that, obviously not expecting dad to suggest that. But he nods his head anyways.

"Hi darling, I'm Samantha," mum greets Ryder before pulling him into a hug as she did with me. Ryder hugs her back, before she pulls away to stand beside her husband. Mum looks back at me, "you're lucky Silas told us you were okay or else we would have been worried sick Eli, why didn't you talk to us?" Mum stresses.

"Lovely," Dad gets her attention, "let them come inside first and then we can talk," he suggests, making mum agree. We follow them inside and towards the kitchen where dad offers to make us all tea or coffee.

Ryder and I sit beside each other at the dining table, as mum sits across from us. "So um, Ryder is my mate," I tell both my parents.

Dad chuckles, while pouring hot water into the mugs on the counter, "we kind of gathered that Eli."

"You guys aren't mad that I'm into guys?" I ask them hesitantly.

"Of course not darling, we don't care what gender your mate is, as long as you are happy and they treat you well," mum informs me sincerely, "which I'm sure Ryder does," she says turning towards Ryder who nods.

"Of course," Ryder promises her, looking towards me.

"So, how long have you guys known you are mates?" My dad asks the two of us, while placing our drinks in front of us.

Ryder doesn't speak up, allowing me to answer, "um, since my eighteenth..." I answer nervously.

"That long?" Dad raises his eyebrows in disbelief. His eyes flicking down towards my mark before looking at Ryder's bare neck. I can feel Ryder retract into his chair, but I reach over to grab hold of his hand in his lap. I know he still feels guilty for marking me. "Why didn't you tell us earlier Elias?"

I hesitate before answering, "I was scared that you guys wouldn't approve," I say, looking down into my lap, not wanting to see the disappointment in their eyes.

"Darling, we thought you knew that we wouldn't care who your mate is, and you know we've never had an issue with Ryder or his pack," Mum says towards both Ryder and I.

"I know, I know," I sigh, guiltily. Deep down my main concern was Silas, Kai and my pack knowing, and if I was to tell my parents then everyone would know. But now I know it doesn't matter. Ryder squeezes my hand, gently rubbing his thumb to the back of my hand.

"Ryder, I hope you know that you are welcomed into this family," Dad tells Ryder sincerely.

Ryder smiles, "thank you Sam," Ryder replies softly.

Someone clears their throat from the doorway, making all our heads turn towards Silas who leans against the doorframe. "Great, a brother in law," Silas says sarcastically.

"Silas, do not start with your petty shit now, you're the reason Elias felt like he had to hide his mate," Dad warns him.

"Hey, hey!" Silas puts his arms up in surrender. "I've already told Elias that I knew the whole time and was in fact okay with it so that's not my fault," Silas defends himself.

"He knew?" Ryder whispers in my ear.

"Still Silas, if this whole petty rivalry thing wasn't a thing then this whole situation could of been avoided," Mum adds.

Silas is about to argue back until Ryder speaks up, "Sam, Samantha, excuse me for speaking out of turn, but it is also my packs and I's fault for indulging in this feud at the same degree as Silas and his pack," Ryder professes.

Silas rolls his eyes, but doesn't disagree with Ryder.

"It's my fault for hiding this, not the feud or Silas, it was me being scared, and I wish I could go back in time and change how this turned out, but I can't," I confess, making everyone turn towards me. "Ryder," I say turning towards him, "I'm sorry for hiding you, I'm so sorry," I apologise, choking up.

Ryder places his free hand against my cheek, his thumb brushing away the tears that escape from the corners of my eyes. "I know, it's okay," he whispers. "We'll get past this," he promises me. I squeeze his other hand that's holding onto my own in his lap.

Silas whistles awkwardly, "well, I would give you the "don't you dare hurt my brother or I'll kill you" speech but I have a feeling I don't need to," Silas addresses Ryder, shrugging. "But I'll still kill you for fun."

"Silas!" Mum exclaims.

"Jokes, jokes," Silas mutters but we all know he's being for real. Dad simply shakes his head, not bothering to get annoyed. Ryder just laughs, used to the personal threats. I know if mum and dad weren't present, Ryder would have a comeback from that comment.

"Goddess help us," Dad silently prays. "We are going to order takeout for dinner, you guys are staying the night here right?" He asks Ryder and I.

I look towards Ryder to see if he wants to stay, "I would love to, thank you," Ryder answers making me smile.

"Awesome, it'll be great for all us to get to know each other," Mum announces. I can see in the corner of my eye Silas silently walking backwards, trying to leave the room but mum quickly catches on, "you too Silas, you need to learn to get along with Ryder," she instructs making Silas groan out.

Dad walks over towards Silas, "who knows you guys might actually get along," Dad says, patting Silas on the shoulder.

"Highly doubt that," Silas insists, but stops trying to escape the room.

I smile, as a warm feeling inside of me spreads. My family is perfectly okay with me being mated to Ryder, another male. Even despite Silas' protest and comments, he to, is also okay with Ryder being my mate. I wish I could have known all of this from the start, but just as Ryder promised, we will get past this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 771 32
Sage Thompson. The beta of his pack. Despite seeming enthusiastic about nearly anything at first glance, he harbors secrets, deeply hidden behind his...
130K 5.8K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
1.7M 60.7K 22
"Mate." His words had me frozen. His eyes seared into mine and I felt weak. Even my wolf said it, but I couldn't really believe him either. This wasn...
1.4M 49.4K 30
Lukas Reed. Recently became the Alpha of the Mystic Shadow Pack. He is intimidating, guarded, lashing out at anyone that gets too close. Kai Prince...