Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Goddesses (...

By AzureSiege2001

"Duel Monsters... An extremely popular trading card game with a very interesting bit of history surrounding i... More

Bio
Bio #2
Bio #3
Bio #4
Neptunia Character Deck Vote
Neptunia Character Deck Vote #2
Neptunia Character Deck Vote Conclusion
Prologue
Opening
Chapter 1: Introduction to Duel Monsters
Chapter 2: Azure's Exhibition Duel
Chapter 3: The Candidate's First Official Duel
Chapter 4: A Battle Between Crystal Beast and Red-Eyes! Neptune vs Noire!
Chapter 5: Wind and Ice Collision! Blanc vs Vert!
Interlude
Chapter 6: Truth
Chapter 7: The History of Duel Monsters and the Advent of the Ice Barriers
Chapter 7.5: Understanding and Trust
Chapter 9: Red vs Blue! Azure Nile vs Rachel Sato
Chapter 10: Return to Gamindustri

Chapter 8: Cold Winds! Blanc vs Vert: Round 2!!!

217 6 7
By AzureSiege2001

Disclaimer: The following is a non-profit fan based fanfiction. Hyperdimension Neptunia is owned by Tsunako, Idea Factory, Felistella, and Compile Heart.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and all other series are created by Takahashi Kazuki (R.I.P).

Please support the official release and have a great day! :)

Chapter 8: Cold Winds! Blanc vs Vert: Round 2!!!

A few minutes after the duel between Blanc and Azure had ended, the gang were all back inside of Azure's house, with everyone relaxing in the living room.

For the CPUs, Azure, and Rachel, they were watching one of the duels on the flat-screen TV, as they were all taking it easy while drinking bottled iced tea, eating a few snacks like popcorn, sandwiches, cookies, and bottles of peach flavored iced tea.

Neptune: Man, talk about a crazy afternoon. I still can't believe that Blanc was the first Goddess to actually beat the unbeatable Azure in a duel.

Blanc: I wouldn't say that. After all, it would seem that Azure "let" me win that match. Isn't that right?

Azure looked at Blanc with a smile, before shrugging his shoulders and taking a swig of his iced tea.

Blanc: Well... That's his answer.

Noire: Still... the way that Azure duels is pretty good.

Vert: Indeed. It makes me wonder...

Azure: Hmm?

Rachel: Wonder what?

Vert: Well, let's say if we were to challenge Azure to a duel right now, would we be able to put out a victory?

After hearing this hypothetical question, it made Neptune, Noire, and Blanc immediately think about the possibility of one day taking on their male friend in a duel. While they thought about it, Rachel kinda broke the silence by letting out a small chuckle, catching everybody's attention.

Rachel: Sorry, but I think that might be impossible.

Neptune: What? C'mon, Rachel, you saying we don't have a chance?

Blanc: That's a rather interesting response.

Rachel: I mean, don't get me wrong, you guys are good. Like really good for a couple of beginners, it's just... Well...

Azure: Ahahaha... *Ahem* What Ray's trying to say is that you four need to keep improving in order to be at my level. But contrary to what you may think, I'm actually just an above-average duelist. Nothing more, nothing less.

Noire: Wait what?! Just an "above-average" Duelist?

Azure: ... Yes...?

Noire: Sorry for being a bit skeptical, but I highly doubt that.

Just then, almost out of nowhere, the human spirit of Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon suddenly appeared in the living room.

Silver: "Believe it or not, Noire, but what Siege says is true. There are several other duelists out there that could give my friend here an extremely hard time."

Azure: Yeah, what Silver said.

Vert: So you don't see yourself as this perfect duelist? Why is that?

Azure: Honestly, who wants to be "perfect" all the time? I'd rather just be... well "me". That's just how I see it.

Rachel: Yeah, I'm with Az on this one. Now, don't misunderstand, I definitely know how to handle myself in a duel, but I'm actually nowhere near the level of some of the best duelists in the world.

Neptune: Whoa, seriously?

Blanc: How could you say that if we haven't even seen you duel yet?

Rachel looked at Blanc and just smirked.

Rachel: Oh, trust me... You'll see what I can do soon enough.

After that little discussion had ended, the group continued to relax in the living room for a while.

Then, after an hour of relaxation had passed, Azure quickly got up from his seat and stretched before turning his attention towards Blanc and Vert.

Blanc: Hmm?

Vert: Is there something the matter?

Azure: Ehh, not really. I was just wondering if... you two are ready to settle the score.

Hearing this lit up the room with a sense of slight anticipation.

Noire: Settle the score?

Neptune: Oh yeah, I remember. Blanc and Vert didn't get a chance to finish their last duel.

Rachel: Right. Thanks to ol' three heads, we never got to see the ending of their duel.

Azure nodded at Rachel, before he looked at the two CPUs.

Azure: So guys, what do ya say?

Blanc and Vert looked at Azure, then at each other, before they smiled and nodded at each other.

Vert: It would be my sincere pleasure. After all, if there is one thing I am not a fan of, it's leaving matters unsettled.

Blanc: Same goes for me. I've actually been thinking about this ever since that three-headed douchebag ruined everything.

Neptune: Aw yeah! This I gotta see! The rematch of the century!

Noire: Neptune, it's just a simple duel. It's not like we didn't see this coming a mile away.

Rachel: I dunno... I'm actually getting pumped!

Azure: Same here. Blanc, Vert, your rematch will begin soon.

Blanc and Vert: Yes!

Azure: But... Before that, let's take this somewhere else.

Neptune: Huh? What's the deal?

Noire: Yeah, why can't we go back outside?

Azure: Oh no, it's not that. It's just... Umm... I... kinda don't want my backyard being constantly being ruined, that's all.

At first, the four CPUs didn't seem to understand what he meant by that, until it finally clicked in their heads, as he was referring to the "collateral damage" they somewhat caused.

Neptune: Oh yeah... Hehehehe... Whoops.

Blanc: I get the feeling he might be talking about me.

Noire: Yeah, I think I get where he's coming from.

Vert: Well then, I suppose it would be for the best if we simply relocate to a more proper environment for this duel.

Rachel: You guys took the words right outta my mouth. So Az, where to?

Azure: Hmm... let me think...

Azure thought a bit about where exactly Blanc and Vert could have their rematch. Thankfully, the spirit of Azure-Eyes whispered into his ear, giving his own input. All Azure said was the occasional sounds like "Mm-hmm", "Uh-huh", or "Okay". After the duelist and duel spirit gave each other a thumbs-up, Azure quickly returned his attention back to everyone.

Azure: Alright, guys. Thanks to my dragon buddy, I know where we can duel.

Noire: Seriously?

Neptune: Aw yeah, know we're talkin'!

Blanc: So, where are we going?

Azure: Well, I figured me and Rachel could show you guys the rest of our city, so I guess the park will do.

Rachel: Not a bad idea.

Vert: Yes, I agree.

Blanc: The park does sound nice.

Noire: Alright, I guess we can go.

Azure: Alright, just give me a second. I gotta fetch a few things before we head out.

After he said this, Azure quickly ran back upstairs to his room. After a few minutes, Azure came back downstairs with a navy blue backpack and reappeared into the living room area where everyone was waiting.

Azure: Whew, sorry for the wait. Just needed to grab a few things before we head out.

Vert: That's quite alright. I am in no rush to begin my rematch.

Blanc: Neither am I.

Neptune: Hey, Azure. What's in the bag? C'mon, show me! Show me!

Azure nervously chucked, before he reluctantly opened his backpack. Inside of his bag were a few important items, such as his laptop with a charger, the Millennium Scale, a few deck boxes, a spare duel disk, a small bag of chips, some bottles of water and iced tea, and a small object.

After showing the contents of his bag, Azure zipped it back up and then everyone began walking towards the front door, where the CPUs noticed a large board-like object, which was sitting by the front door. The board itself had a rather straight shape, and it has a metallic blue color with white accent sections along the edge, and yellow lights on the sides of the front. It also has two white circles on the top surface, with black stripes between them and a red stripe in the front of the circles' outward borders. Even more surprising, Azure casually picked it up and carried it out the door.

Once everyone made their way outside, Azure locked the door to his house and hid the spare key underneath the "Welcome Home!" mat.

Azure: Alright, everyone. Let's go.

Rachel: Aw yeah.

Rachel then walked over to her red motorcycle, put on her matching red helmet, and got onto the bike.

As for Azure, he let go of his board, which began hovering on its own, and he jumped onto the hoverboard.

And finally, for the CPUs, they transformed into their HDD forms, and then, they hovered into the sky.

Green Heart (Vert): Alright, everyone. It's time we move out.

Azure: Fine by me. Everyone, follow me and Ray.

Azure then positioned his board in the direction he wanted and rode off into the streets, with Rachel following suit as she turned on her bike and drove off, chasing after Azure. The CPUs quickly jumped into the sky and flew upwards as they followed their friends, to the direction of the park.

30 Minutes Later

Location: Shounen City Park

As soon as the group arrived at the park, the four girls were all in awe as they looked around the park. Likely due to how beautiful it was. The grass was very healthy and trimmed perfectly and there were gardens of flowers all with a variety of colors and large cherry blossom trees that the girls found especially beautiful and there was a sweet smell in the airplus the sky was clear and it added to the beauty of the park. There were several benches and picnic tables for people to sit on spread out over the park. There were vendors with food and other things around as well. There was even a small field set aside for dueling.

Neptune: Woah, this place is great!

Vert: I must say, it's certainly nice here.

Blanc: I agree. I wouldn't mind having a nice time relaxing here.

Noire: You can say that again.

Azure: Well, that's to be expected. One of the things about Shounen City is how much we care a lot about the nature in the area and especially this park.

Rachel: That's right. I usually come here just to relax.

Noire: I can definitely see why. It is rather peaceful here.

After the girls admired the beauty of the park, they immediately remembered the reason why they came to that location in the first place.

Blanc: So, Vert. Ready to settle the score?

Vert: But, of course. After all, we were cheated out of finishing our duel thanks to that meddlesome Trishula.

Blanc: I know. But this time...

Blanc then transformed into her HDD Form and glared at Vert with a determined look on her face.

White Heart (Blanc): ... I'm not letting some frosty, three-headed lizard get in the way of our match! If he's got a problem with me, then I'll gladly kick his sorry ass so hard, he'll wish he'd never talk all that crap about me!

Vert let out a light chuckle, before she too transformed into her HDD Form.

Green Heart (Vert): Very well then. Let us finish what we started back at Azure's backyard.

White Heart (Blanc): Heh! Now you're speaking my language!

After the two goddesses made their way onto an open grassy field, they both placed their respective decks into their duel disks and immediately activated it.

Meanwhile, Azure, Rachel, Neptune and Noire were watching all this unfold underneath a large, nearby tree.

Noire: Well, this is it.

Rachel: Uh-huh. Now, here's hoping we actually get to see this duel play out.

Neptune: Same here.

Azure stared at the two, moreso at Blanc as he needed to remember exactly what was in her deck. Silver then materialized beside his good friend and instantly knew what he was thinking.

Silver: ("You worried about Blanc and Trishula?")

Azure: (Well... Yes... and No. I can't put my finger on it, but...)

Silver: ("Well, whatever happens, just know that I'm here to support you in case things go south.)

Azure: (Thanks bro.)

After activating their respective duel disks, they both stared directly at each other as the wind blew all throughout the park.

White Heart (Blanc): Ready to lose, Thunder Tits?

Green Heart (Vert): Nonsense! I intend to defeat you with full force.

White Heart (Blanc): Fine by me!

Both: Game on!!!

Blanc/White Heart: 8000 LP - Hand: 5

Vert/Green Heart: 8000 LP - Hand: 5

Turn 1: Blanc/White Heart

White Heart (Blanc): I'll make the first move! Let's do this!

After she drew her first card, White Heart looked at her opening hand and smirked.

White Heart (Blanc): I summon Cold Enchanter in Attack Mode!

The first thing to appear on White Heart's side of the field was a young girl with white hair that reached down her back, light blue eyes, and she also wore icy blue and white clothing with a cape. She was also holding a scepter in her hands, which had a snowflake on the end of it.

Cold Enchanter - (WATER/Aqua/Effect) - (LVL: 4/ATK: 1600/DEF: 1200)

White Heart (Blanc): Then, I'll place one card face-down and end my turn.

Blanc/White Heart: 8000 LP - Hand: 4

Vert/Green Heart: 8000 LP - Hand: 5

Turn 2: Vert/Green Heart

Green Heart (Vert): Very well, Blanc. My move! I summon Caam, Serenity of Gusto in Attack Mode.

On Green Heart's field, a young girl with green hair and eyes appeared on the field, as she wore a black sleeveless shirt that exposed her belly, white cloak and shorts, and a staff with a green crystal ball on top of the scepter.

Caam, Serenity of Gusto - (WIND/Psychic/Effect) - (LVL: 4/ATK: 1700/DEF: 1100)

Green Heart (Vert): Next, I play the Spell Card: One for One!

One for One showed a pink flower hovering over a dragon covered in bright red armor.

One for One - (Spell Card: Normal)

Green Heart (Vert): Now by sending 1 monster from my hand to the graveyard; I can Special Summon a Level 1 monster from my hand or deck.

After she explained how her card worked, Green Heart sent her Gusto Griffin to her graveyard, and then one card in her hand glowed a bright green light.

Green Heart (Vert): Now I summon Gusto Egul in Defense Mode!

What appeared right next to Caam was a bird with feathers of different shades of green, from emerald green to seafoam green, a yellow beak and yellow feet with sharp talons, red eyes, and a green helmet with matching armor. The bird itself let out a small cry, similar to that of a bald eagle.

Gusto Egul - (WIND/Winged-Beast/Tuner/Effect) - (LVL: 1/ATK: 200/DEF: 400)

Green Heart (Vert): But I'm not done yet, because now I activate the special effect of Gusto Griffin.

Then, the spirit of Gusto Griffin hovered over Green Heart. Her deck then began to glow a bright green color as one card from her deck was ejected thanks to her duel disk, and she instantly added that card to her hand.

Green Heart (Vert): I'm sure you remember my Gusto Griffin's special ability, Blanc. With it, I can Special Summon Winda, Priestess of Gusto in Attack Mode.

As soon as she placed the card on her duel disk, the green-haired sorceress appeared on the field alongside Caam and Gusto Egul.

Winda, Priestess of Gusto - (WIND/Psychic/Effect) - (LVL: 2/ATK: 1000/DEF: 400)

White Heart looked at Green Heart's field and she quickly began to realize what her opponent was about to do next.

White Heart (Blanc): One "Level 1" Tuner plus a "Level 2" and a "Level 4" equals... ... Oh, you have got to be shitting me...

Green Heart let out a small chuckle as she looked at White Heart with a "slight" smug look.

Green Heart (Vert): I see you're a quick study, Blanc. Now I tune LVL 1 "Gusto Egul" with my LVL 2 "Winda, Priestess of Gusto" and my LVL 4 "Caam, Serenity of Gusto"...

Gusto Egul then turned into a bright light, which then turned into a single star, and finally turned into a single green cycle. Winda and Caam nodded at each other, before they both jumped into the air and were then surrounded by the single green ring, as their bodies became outlined with the color orange, as well as being see-through.

1 + 2 + 4 = 7

A massive green beam appeared besides Green Heart as her Synchro Summon proved to be successful.

Green Heart (Vert): I Synchro Summon... Daigusto Eguls!!

In place of the three monsters was a massive, more mature version of Gusto Egul, and on its back was a man with green hair and green eyes wearing a light brown hooded cape.

Daigusto Eguls - (WIND/Psychic/Synchro/Effect) - (LVL: 7/ATK: 2600/DEF: 1800)

The spectators were all surprised by how Vert was able to successfully Synchro Summon on her very first turn.

Azure: Now, that's pretty amazing.

Rachel: I'll say. She was able to bring out one of her strongest monsters with very minimal effort.

Silver: "... Let's see how Blanc fares against this one."

Back on the field, White Heart looked at Green Heart's new monster, with a tiny sweat drop appearing on her face, but she stared at her monster with a confident smile on her face.

White Heart (Blanc): You think I'm scared of that oversized turkey?! Don't make me laugh!

Green Heart (Vert): You'll regret those words, Blanc. Daigusto Eguls, attack Cold Enchanter!

Windaar, who was riding on Daigusto Eguls, nodded at Green Heart's command and let out a battlecry befitting of a warrior, and his massive bird responded by flapping its gigantic wings, sending a massive gust of wind towards Cold Enchanter, who despite her best efforts to defend herself, was blown away by the intense wind and shattered right in front of White Heart.

Blanc/White Heart LP: 8000 - (1000) = 7000

White Heart (Blanc): Not a bad move, but I got one better. I reveal my Trap Card: Torrential Reborn!

Green Heart (Vert): A Trap?

Torrential Reborn flipped upwards on White Heart's side of the field, which featured artwork of either "Atlantean Pikeman" or "Atlantean Attack Squad" underneath a waterfall with malicious intent.

Torrential Reborn - (Trap Card: Normal)

White Heart (Blanc): Here's how my card works. Whenever a Water monster I control is destroyed, I get to summon it back to the field, and then you take 500 points of direct damage.

Green Heart clicked her teeth as she felt a bit foolish for waking right in White Heart's trap. Then, water began leaking out of White Heart's trap card and onto the grass. After that, Cold Enchanter emerged from the puddle of water and got into a fighting stance as she returned to the field.

Cold Enchanter - (WATER/Aqua/Effect) - (LVL: 4/ATK: 1600/DEF: 1200)

Finally, as soon as Cold Enchanter reappeared onto the field, she twirled her staff around for a bit, before she fired a wave of ice straight towards Green Heart, as she had to defend herself from the sudden assault.

Vert/Green Heart LP: 8000 - (500) = 7500

Green Heart (Vert): Quite an impressive move, Blanc. I'd expect no less.

White Heart (Blanc): Heh! Thanks for the compliment.

Green Heart (Vert): I'll place two cards face-down and end my turn here. It's your move.

Noire: I don't believe it. The duel just started and both Blanc and Vert's life points are almost equal.

Neptune: Yeah, Blanc must've had a plan to use that trap card just in case Vert was gonna go for something big.

Azure: Mm-hmm. Now, this is looking more like a duel.

Rachel: Looks like it's Blanny's turn. Let's see what she does next.

Blanc/White Heart: 7000 LP - Hand: 4+1

Vert/Green Heart: 7500 LP - Hand: 0

Turn 3: Blanc/White Heart

White Heart (Blanc): Alright, my turn. I draw!

Once she drew her card, White Heart looked at what was currently on Green Heart's side of the field.

White Heart (Blanc): (Okay, let's see what we got here. On Vert's field, she's that big Synchro monster and two face-down cards. Meanwhile, I've only got one monster on my field and no spells or traps face-down. Guess I better fight fire with fire if I wanna win.)

As White Heart looked at her current hand, she was thinking of a strategy that could give her an edge in the duel.

Green Heart (Vert): What's the hold-up?

White Heart (Blanc): I think it's time we have ourselves a REAL Synchro battle! I summon the Tuner monster, Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier!

A bright blue light enveloped one side of White Heart's side of the field, and from that light was the ice-wielding swordsman, appearing right beside Cold Enchanter.

Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Aqua/Tuner/Effect) - (LVL: 2/ATK: 1300/DEF: 0)

White Heart (Blanc): And now I tune my LVL 2 "Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier" with my LVL 4 "Cold Enchanter"...

Cryomancer then turned into a bright light, which then turned into two stars, and finally turned into two green cycles. Cold Enchanter then jumped into the air and was then surrounded by the two green rings, as her body became outlined with the color orange, as well as being see-through.

2 + 4 = 6

A massive green beam appeared besides White Heart as her Synchro Summon proved to be successful.

White Heart (Blanc): Spear of the High King, in shining ice encrusted, take form now and scatter the worlds! Synchro Summon! Sapphire of the Aurora! Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier!!!

After she finished her Summoning Chant, the large dragon appeared on the field, letting out a vicious roar.

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Sea Serpent/Synchro/Effect) - (LVL: 6/ATK: 2300/DEF: 1400)

Green Heart (Vert): Brionac?!

White Heart (Blanc): That's right. It's the same Synchro monster from our first duel.

She then looked at the dragon, which interestingly enough, looked at the White Heart with an expression, like that of a happy dog that wanted some type of reward from its owner.

"Ohhhhhh~ Yes Yes Yes Yes!"

White Heart (Blanc): *Sigh* What do you want, Brionac?

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Blank! Thank you for summonin' me! I promise I won't let ya down!"

Then, in an interesting turn of events, Brionac lowered its head and began rubbing it along White Heart, and then, much like a puppy dog, Brionac went as far as to lick White Heart with its massive tongue, which irritates her a lot, but she decided "not" to hit him, as she was in the middle of a duel.

While everyone was watching this unfold, Neptune and Rachel could not hold themselves back as they were laughing at the mere sight of Blanc being licked by a dragon.

Neptune: AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh man, oh man! This is too good! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Rachel: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I-I-I can't... I just can't stop... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

As for Azure, Noire, and Silver, they were... perplexed to say the least.

Noire: What... am I even looking at right now...?

Azure: I dunno, but I feel like this is gonna be happening a LOT, especially since he's Blanc's spirit partner, along with the other two...

Silver: "You can say that again."

"So, Blank. Tell me, who am I fighting? C'mon, tell me! Tell me!"

After she finished drying herself off with a towel that just appeared out of nowhere, she turned her attention back to the duel in progress.

White Heart (Blanc): *Sigh* Now then, where was I...? Oh, I remember! I was about to take out your Daigusto Eguls!

Green Heart (Vert): What?! You must be joking! While Brionac is a powerful beast, I'm afraid it's just not strong enough to destroy my monster.

In response to her opponent's words, White Heart smirked while letting out a small chuckle, catching Green Heart off-guard.

Green Heart (Vert): What's so funny?

White Heart (Blanc): Oh, nothing. But just wait, you'll see soon enough. I play the Spell Card: Aqua Jet!

Aqua Jet featured an image of an underwater flying submarine with two large jet turbines and a face resembling that of a shark flying underwater at high speeds.

Aqua Jet - (Spell Card: Normal)

White Heart (Blanc): Thanks to this, any Fish, Sea-Serpent, or Aqua-type monster that I control gains 1000 ATK points.

Green Heart (Vert): Oh no! But that means-!!

White Heart (Blanc): That's right, Brionac will be stronger than Daigusto Eguls!

Brionac suddenly let out a roar as a blue flame-like aura began surrounding the beast, as its ATK points began to increase.

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Sea Serpent/Synchro/Effect) - (LVL: 6/ATK: 3300/DEF: 1400)

White Heart (Blanc): Now, Brionac, freeze that Eguls with Sub-Zero Blast!

"You got it, Blank!"

Brionac let out a vicious roar, before it fired a stream of concentrated snow and ice at Daigusto Eguls, which caused Green Heart's monster to be frozen solid, before it shattered right in front of the goddess.

Vert/Green Heart LP: 7500 - (700) = 6800

White Heart (Blanc): I'll end my turn by setting these two cards face-down.

Blanc/White Heart: 7000 LP - Hand: 1

Vert/Green Heart: 6800 LP - Hand: 0+1

Turn 4: Vert/Green Heart

Green Heart (Vert): My turn. First, I reveal my Trap Card: Blessings for Gusto!

Blessings for Gusto flipped upwards, which featured artwork of Caam, Serenity of Gusto with her eyes closed and her hands clasped together, as if she was praying to "someone" or "something", with an aura of wind surrounding her.

Blessings for Gusto - (Trap Card: Normal)

Green Heart (Vert): Now, this does get a bit complicated, so listen well. This trap targets up to 3 "Gusto" monsters in my graveyard, and then I can shuffle two of them back into my deck, however the third monster comes back directly to my field.

As soon as she finished explaining her trap card, her graveyard began to glow a bright green color, and as a result, three of Green Heart's monster cards "Caam, Serenity of Gusto", "Winda, Priestess of Gusto", and finally "Daigusto Eguls". She then placed both Winda and Caam back into her deck, which instantly began to reshuffle itself (courtesy of her duel disk).

Green Heart (Vert): Now, since I've both Caam and Winda back in my deck, I can now bring back my Daigusto Eguls in Defense Mode!

A massive green tornado suddenly appeared on the field, and out of the tornado was her Synchro monster, ready and willing to serve her once again. As soon as it reappeared on the field, the massive bird folded its wings into a defensive stance.

Daigusto Eguls - (WIND/Psychic/Synchro/Effect) - (LVL: 7/ATK: 2600/DEF: 1800)

White Heart (Blanc): Yeah, big deal! Your monster doesn't have enough power to destroy my dragon!

Green Heart (Vert): We shall see. I'll end my turn.

Blanc/White Heart: 7000 LP - Hand: 1+1

Vert/Green Heart: 6800 LP - Hand: 1

Turn 5: Blanc/White Heart

White Heart (Blanc): Okay, it's my turn now! I reveal my Trap Card: Crackdown!

Crackdown flipped upwards, which depicted artwork of Goe Goe the Gallant Ninja on the roof of a traditional japanese building fending off several villagers.

Crackdown - (Trap Card: Continuous)

White Heart (Blanc): Thanks to this card's effect, I can take control of your monster.

Green Heart gasped as she saw her Daigusto Eguls move over to White Heart's side of the field, against its will.

White Heart (Blanc): But there's more. The monster I now control can't attack or activate any of its special abilities. Next, I'll sacrifice your Daigusto Eguls for my General Raiho of the Ice Barrier!

A column of dark blue light completely enveloped Daigusto Eguls, before it disappeared from the field as a brand-new monster appeared in their place. As this was going on, White Heart's trap card instantly shattered as Daigusto Eguls was no longer on the field.

Then, in a blast of cold wind and an aura of snow and ice, a new warrior appeared on the field. He was a man with long black hair with piercing blue tips at the end, solid blue eyes, and his outfit consisted of white and blue colored robes with a sword on his right hip, as well as an icy blue colored fan in his left hand.

General Raiho of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Warrior/Effect) - (LVL: 6/ATK: 2100/DEF: 2300)

On the sidelines, the spectators were all amazed by Blanc's move.

Noire: Talk about an impressive move. She took control of Vert's monster in order to bring out a whole new monster.

Neptune: Yeah, but now Vert's totally defenseless out there!

Azure: Maybe... (Unless...)

Green Heart (Vert): Impressive, Blanc. I honestly did not think that you would take my monster to bring out something else.

White Heart (Blanc): You think that's impressive? Just wait till you see him attack! General Raiho, Brionac, let's do this! Attack Vert directly!

Brionac let out a vicious roar and fired a wave of ice straight towards Green Heart, while General Raiho folded his fan, unsheathing his sword from his hip and charged towards the goddess of Leanbox.

However, this was when Green Heart let out a small chuckle, as she pressed on a button on her duel disk.

Green Heart (Vert): I'm afraid not, Blanc. I play my Trap Card: Storming Mirror Force! Now, not only am I safe, but all of your attack monsters return back to your hand!

White Heart (Blanc): Oh crap!

Storming Mirror Force showed a fiery-red energy beam being fired towards a light green barrier made of pure wind, and then being deflected in multiple directions.

Storming Mirror Force - (Trap Card: Normal)

A barrier made of wind then appeared in front of Green Heart, and the ice wave made contact with the barrier. The force field began to react, by then shooting out two mini tornadoes towards General Raiho and Brionac.

"Oh man!"

Brionac and General Raiho were then struck by the tornadoes, as their bodies then turned into bright blue light, before returning to their cards, which in turn returned to White Heart's hand, leaving her without a single monster on her field.

Neptune: Holy Nep! Did you guys see that? Blanc lost all her monsters in an instant!

Rachel: I had a feeling one of Vert's facedown cards was something that could give her an edge.

White Heart gritted her teeth, as she lost both of her high-attack monsters in an instant. Thankfully, she regained her composure, and then took a deep breath.

White Heart (Blanc): Well, that was unexpected. I end my turn.

Blanc/White Heart: 7000 LP - Hand: 3

Vert/Green Heart: 6800 LP - Hand: 1+1

Turn 6: Vert/Green Heart

Green Heart (Vert): My turn. I'll start with this... the Spell Card: Pot of Greed. Now I can draw two more cards.

Pot of Greed - (Spell Card: Normal)

After she played her Pot of Greed, she quickly drew two cards from her deck into her hand.

Green Heart (Vert): Now I summon Gusto Thunbolt in Attack Mode.

The monster that appeared was a wolf with seafoam green fur with purple eyes, yellow armor with blue gusto emblems on the armor, and surprisingly a golden horn on its forehead that seemed to be brimming with electricity.

As soon as the wolf appeared on the field, it let out a howl.

Gusto Thunbolt - (WIND/Thunder/Effect) - (LVL: 4/ATK: 1500/DEF: 1200)

Green Heart (Vert): Then, I'll equip my wolf with this Spell Card: Tailwind of Gusto.

Tailwind of Gusto showed artwork of Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto with a smile on her face, as the wind was blowing all around her.

Tailwind of Gusto - (Spell Card: Equip)

After it appeared on the field, the card itself began to glow green as the energy emitting from the card transferred to Gusto Thunbolt, as a green fiery aura surrounded the wolf.

Green Heart (Vert): Now, for as long as this card is equipped to my Thunbolt, it cannot be destroyed by card effects. But that's not all I'm afraid. Because my monster is level 4, I can Special Summon a "Gusto" monster from my deck, as long as it's a different type than the monster that's equipped with this card.

After she said that, her deck began to glow as then one card immediately ejected from her deck, courtesy of her duel disk. Green Heart then added the designated card from her deck to her hand.

Green Heart (Vert): Thanks to my card's effect, I can Special Summon Musto, Oracle of Gusto in Attack Mode.

The wind priest then appeared on the field once Green Heart placed the card on her duel disk.

Musto, Oracle of Gusto - (WIND/Psychic/Effect) - (LVL: 4/ATK: 1800/DEF: 900)

White Heart (Blanc): Wait a sec! If both of your monsters have equal level, then you can-!

Green Heart (Vert): That's correct. With these two monsters, I now build the Overlay Network!

It was then that both Musto, Oracle of Gusto and Gusto Thunbolt turned into bright green energy, representing their attributes and shot up into the air as they then crossed each other in the air. A black vortex then appeared in front of Green Heart, which resembled that of a black hole, as the two green beings of energy within the vortex. This then caused a bright explosion from within the vortex.

Green Heart (Vert): Ancient Spirit of the Shrine, I ask that you come forth to let me your aid. Punish my foes for disturbing your peaceful slumber! I Xyz Summon! Appear now and take flight! Rank 4, Lightning Chidori!

From the light, a bolt of blue lightning quickly rocketed back out of the vortex. The electrical energy then swirled and crackled throughout the bright blue sky, until it finally began to take the form of a large, avian-like creature, with its body being completely composed of pure electricity. The creature then let out a roar that sounded like a mixture of a lion and a thousand birds chirping at the same time.

Lightning Chidori - (WIND/Thunder/Xyz/Effect) - (Rank: 4/ATK: 1900/DEF: 1600) - (Overlay Unit: 2)

White Heart looked at the new monster that was hovering over Green Heart and she was befuddled.

White Heart (Blanc): W-What the hell?!

Noire: What the hell is that thing?!

Neptune: It looks like a giant bird made of lightning.

Azure: Looks like Blanc's got her work cut out for her.

Silver: "Hmm. That is a pretty impressive monster."

Rachel: Wonder what Vert's gonna do with this thing.

Green Heart (Vert): Now I activate Lightning Chidori's special ability. On the turn this creature is Xyz Summoned, I can target one of your face-down cards and that card is automatically returned to the bottom of your deck.

White Heart (Blanc): YOU WHAT?!!

Needless to say, White Heart was left completely "shocked" (no pun intended) as her face-down card was rendered useless by Lightning Chidori's electrical powers. The card in question was her Book of Moon spell card. White Heart was now irritated as she placed the card at the bottom of her deck.

Green Heart (Vert): Heh! I'm sure that you could've used that spell against my monster, however you're not safe for now. Lightning Chidori, attack Blanc directly!

With a loud cry, Lightning Chidori unleashed a bolt of lightning from its electrical mouth, which connected with White Heart's body, electrocuting the goddess and causing her to let out a painful scream.

White Heart (Blanc): AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

After getting zapped by Green Heart's new monster, White Heart took a knee as she was twitching a bit from the electricity.

Blanc/White Heart LP: 7000 - (1900) = 5100

Green Heart looked over at White Heart with a concerned look on her face.

Green Heart (Vert): Blanc! Are you alright?

After taking a few breaths, White Heart got back to her feet with a confident smile on her face.

White Heart (Blanc): Don't worry about me! I'm fine! So, you got something else for me, or are you done?

Green Heart (Vert): I'm afraid I have no other moves I can make, so I end my turn here.

With the observers, they were all enjoying the duel thus far.

Neptune: Looks like Vert's in the lead!

Noire: I agree. Summoning that Lightning Chidori completely got rid of Blanc's face-down card like it was nothing. I wonder what other abilities it may have, especially when it detaches one of its Overlay Units.

Neptune: Well, whatever it is, it's probably something powerful.

Blanc/White Heart: 5100 LP - Hand: 3+1

Vert/Green Heart: 6800 LP - Hand: 1

Turn 7: Blanc/White Heart

White Heart (Blanc): My move! First, I play the Spell Card: Surface! Now I can bring a low-level monster in my graveyard back to the field in Defense Mode.

Surface - (Spell Card: Normal)

The graveyard then emitted a bright blue light, as one of her cards re-emerged from her graveyard and into her hand. The monster in question was her Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier, who immediately reappeared on the field, before it got into a defensive stance.

Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Aqua/Tuner/Effect) - (LVL: 2/ATK: 1300/DEF: 0)

White Heart (Blanc): But I'm not done yet. Next, I activate the Spell Card: Medallion of the Ice Barrier, which lets me add an "Ice Barrier" monster directly to my hand.

Medallion of the Ice Barrier - (Spell Card: Normal)

White Heart then drew a card from her deck and she grinned as it was just the card she wanted.

White Heart (Blanc): (Yes!) Now I'll sacrifice my Cryomancer to Tribute Summon Royal Knight of the Ice Barrier!

Much like before, Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier shattered in pieces, and in his place was a tall, intimidating looking knight in full plated armor, which looked like it was made entirely of ice, except that it featured golden trims in its design and a long, flowing red cape. The knight also carried a long lance in his right hand that, much like his armor, looked like it was constructed using ice with golden trims on it.

Royal Knight of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Warrior/Effect) - (LVL: 5/ATK: 2000/DEF: 2000)

White Heart (Blanc): Now I'll activate my Royal Knight's special effect! Because I was able to successfully summon him, I get to add what's known as an "Ice Coffin Token" straight to your side of the field.

A large, icy blue casket made of pure ice suddenly materialized on Green Heart's field, right beside Lightning Chidori.

Ice Coffin - (WATER/Aqua/Token) - (LVL: 1/ATK: 1000/DEF: 0)

White Heart (Blanc): Now, my Royal Knight, attack Lightning Chidori! Go, Chilling Joust!

Royal Knight let out a vicious battle cry and charged towards Lightning Chidori, with his massive lance in hand. The large electrical beast fired several bolts of lightning at the knight in retaliation, to try and keep itself from being destroyed. Unfortunately, its attacks were not strong enough to keep the knight at bay, as he then thrust his weapon into the monster's stomach, which then shattered into pieces.

Vert/Green Heart LP: 6800 - (100) = 6700

White Heart (Blanc): And that's all. Your move.

Blanc/White Heart: 5100 LP - Hand: 2

Vert/Green Heart: 6700 LP - Hand: 1+1

Turn 8: Vert/Green Heart

Green Heart (Vert): I draw!

Before she could make a move, Green Heart looked at the Ice Coffin Token on her side of the field and looked a bit worried.

Green Heart (Vert): (This token... Why did Blanc give it to me? Well, it doesn't matter. I have to get rid of that knight, and I have just the card in my hand to help me do it.) First I shall play this. It's a Spell Card called Contact with Gusto!

Contact with Gusto featured artwork of Winda, Priestess of Gusto performing some kind of magic spell, as green sparks of electricity were radiating on her staff, as well as her body.

Contact with Gusto - (Spell Card: Normal)

Azure and Silver both look surprised as they remembered that Vert had one card in her hand for the past few turns.

Silver: "No way. She's using that card?"

Azure: I guess so.

Neptune and Noire turned to look at the duelist and his duel spirit.

Noire: What are you two going on about?

Azure: Think about it. Remember on Vert's fourth turn?

Neptune: Oh yeah, I remember. She drew a card, but she didn't use it.

Silver: "That's right. But now I think she's got a good reason to use it now."

White Heart listened in on the conversation and she also recalled Vert having only one card in her hand throughout the duel.

White Heart (Blanc): Alright, Vert. Tell me what your card does.

Green Heart (Vert): Very well. Contact with Gusto enables me to target two of my "Gusto" monsters that are in my graveyard, as well as one card that you currently control. Then, after I shuffle both of my monsters back into my deck, this card automatically destroys your Royal Knight.

White Heart (Blanc): !!!

Then, much like her trap card did before, her graveyard began to glow a bright green color, and as a result, two of Green Heart's monster cards "Musto, Oracle of Gusto" and "Gusto Thunbolt ". She then placed both monsters back into her deck, which instantly began to reshuffle itself (courtesy of her duel disk). It was then that a large green beam of light completely enveloped Royal Knight of the Ice Barrier, as the warrior let out a painful scream before it vanished into thin air.

White Heart (Blanc): Damn it!

Green Heart (Vert): Next, I activate the Spell Card: Monster Reborn!

Monster Reborn - (Spell Card: Normal)

A flicker of electricity then appeared in front of Green Heart, as Lightning Chidori reappeared on the field, letting out a vicious roar.

Lightning Chidori - (WIND/Thunder/Xyz/Effect) - (Rank: 4/ATK: 1900/DEF: 1600) - (Overlay Unit: 0)

White Heart (Blanc): Great...

Green Heart (Vert): Lightning Chidori, attack Blanc directly!

Just like it did previously, Lightning Chidori fired a bolt of lightning from its mouth straight at White Heart, hitting her directly in the abdomen and causing her immense pain.

White Heart (Blanc): GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Blanc/White Heart LP: 5100 - (1900) = 3200

After getting electrocuted by Lightning Chidori for a second time, White Heart got to her knees and clenched on her stomach whilst also taking several deep breaths, as she felt like her insides were completely fried.

Green Heart (Vert): With that, I end my turn.

Blanc/White Heart: 3200 LP - Hand: 2+1

Vert/Green Heart: 6700 LP - Hand: 0

Turn 9: Blanc/White Heart

White Heart found it a bit difficult to get back onto her feet. Being hit by pure electricity made the damage extremely intense. But even so, she still managed to pick herself back up and keep on dueling.

White Heart (Blanc): *Huff* *Huff* *Huff* It's... my turn... *Huff* *Huff* Draw!

White Heart looked at what she just drew and smiled, as she had a plan.

White Heart (Blanc): Heh heh... For my first move... *Huff* *Huff* ... I summon... Strategist of the Ice Barrier in Attack Mode.

The elderly man in blue robes suddenly appeared on the field, with his staff in his arms.

Strategist of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Spellcaster/Effect) - (LVL: 4/ATK: 1600/DEF: 1600)

White Heart (Blanc): And now that Strategist is out, his special ability activates. I can send one of my monsters directly to the graveyard. By doing that, I get to draw one new card from my deck.

She immediately discarded Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, to the graveyard, and then drew a card from her deck. As soon as she looked at the card she just drew, she smiled.

White Heart (Blanc): Yes! Now I activate Pot of Greed! So I can draw two more cards.

Pot of Greed - (Spell Card: Normal)

White Heart (Blanc): Next, I'll play the Spell Card: Graceful Charity. Now I can draw three cards, as long as I get rid of two.

Graceful Charity - (Spell Card: Normal)

White Heart quickly drew three new cards from her deck and promptly sent two cards, one of them being "General Raiho of the Ice Barrier" and the other one being another "Cold Enchanter", as neither of those monsters would've helped her.

White Heart (Blanc): (Alright. Now we're getting somewhere.) Since I control another "Ice Barrier" monster, I can Special Summon this card directly from my hand. Say hello to my Prior of the Ice Barrier!

A bright light appeared on the field as an old mage wearing a blue outfit with a scepter made out of ice.

Prior of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Aqua/Effect) - (LVL: 2/ATK: 1000/DEF: 400)

White Heart (Blanc): Now, Strategist, destroy the Ice Coffin Token!

The elderly man raised his staff in the air, before he fired a wave of ice straight at the coffin, resulting in its destruction.

Vert/Green Heart LP: 6700 - (600) = 6100

White Heart (Blanc): I'll place one card face-down and end my turn.

Blanc/White Heart: 3200 LP - Hand: 1

Vert/Green Heart: 6100 LP - Hand: 0+1

Turn 10: Vert/Green Heart

Green Heart (Vert): My turn. And I think I shall start by activating the Spell Card: Card of Demise.

Upon hearing the name of the card, Azure let out a faint sound of irritation, which only Rachel and Silver could hear.

Card of Demise showed a man wearing a green cloak with a shocked look on his face, as there was a small guillotine chopping an entire deck of cards in half.

Card of Demise - (Spell Card: Normal)

White Heart (Blanc): Card of Demise? Never heard of it?

Green Heart (Vert): Well, here's what it does. This lets me draw until I'm holding five cards, but playing this card comes with a hefty price. After my 5th Standby Phase, I have to discard my entire hand to the graveyard.

After she activated her Card of Demise, Green Heart immediately drew five new cards from her deck.

Green Heart (Vert): Not a bad hand. Now, I play the Spell Card: Quill Pen of Gulldos.

Quill Pen of Gulldos showed a large feather, which seemed to originate from Daigusto Gulldos.

Quill Pen of Gulldos - (Spell Card: Normal)

Then, after she activated her spell card, her graveyard began to glow once again.

White Heart (Blanc): Hey, what's going on? Why is your graveyard glowing?

Green Heart (Vert): I'm glad you asked. By targeting 2 Wind monsters in my graveyard, along with one card that's on the field, not only do I shuffle both of those monsters into my deck, but I also return the third target back to the player's hand.

It was then that the cards Gusto Griffin and Daigusto Eguls emerged from the graveyard, but not before Green Heart immediately placed them back into her deck, as her deck began shuffling itself.

Green Heart (Vert): Now with that done, I'll return a card back to the hand.

Neptune: Oh man! If Vert takes away one of Blanc's monsters, then there'll be nothing left to protect herself!

Noire: I'm pretty sure that's her strategy. But I'm pretty sure she's going to target Blanc's face-down card.

Rachel: Looks can be deceiving, girls.

Noire: Huh?

Azure: She's right. Look.

Neptune: Wha?

White Heart (Blanc): (Oh no, if one of my monsters returns to my hand, then that electrical bird will wipe me out!)

Just as White Heart braced herself for the worst, the CPU of Leanbox did something completely unexpected.

Green Heart (Vert): The card that I chose to return is... my own monster, Lightning Chidori!

Once she said this, her Lightning Chidori let out a soft growl before it disappeared from the field and back into its card, which then returned to Green Heart's hand.

Noire, Neptune, and White Heart all screamed in confusion and shock at Green Heart's move.

Everyone (minus Azure and Rachel): WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel: See? What did I just say?

Azure: You DID say "Looks can be deceiving, girls." I heard you say it word for word.

Rachel: Thank you for remembering my exact words, buddy.

Azure: Don't mention it.

White Heart (Blanc): What are you, crazy?!! Why would you give up your strongest monster?!

Green Heart (Vert): Hmm... Well, to answer your question, Blanc. I returned my monster back to my hand, so that I can play my Field Spell Card: Divine Wind of Mist Valley!

Green Heart's duel disk then opened up the slot where field spells go. Then, in a brief flash of light, the entire surrounding area miraculously transformed itself from the park to a massive canyon area with blue mountains with a large spiral of wind, which was radiating a bright, colorful aura, with small light green orbs in the surrounding area.

Much like when Neptune played her field spell card in her duel with Noire, everyone was awestruck by the change of scenery.

Noire: It's... so beautiful here.

Neptune: Yeah...

Azure: Well, it looks like whatever Vert's got planned must be paying off.

Rachel: Mm-hmm. Now, let's see what she does next.

Back with the duel, the two goddesses decided to get back to it, after they admired the field spell.

Green Heart (Vert): So, what do you think Blanc? Not a bad sight, isn't it?

White Heart (Blanc): Okay, I'll admit it. This place does look nice, but what I don't understand is, why would you give up your Lightning Chidori just to play a Field Spell?

Green Heart (Vert): Oh yes. Perhaps I should explain. For you see, whenever a Wind monster returns to my hand, I am allowed to automatically summon any Wind monster from my deck.

Green Heart then grabbed her entire deck and promptly picked one of her cards, before she placed the rest of her deck back into her duel disk.

Green Heart (Vert): (This could come in handy.) I shall place this monster face-down in Defense Mode, and then I shall place two cards face-down. That ends my turn.

Blanc/White Heart: 3200 LP - Hand: 1+1

Vert/Green Heart: 6100 LP - Hand: 1

Turn 11: Blanc/White Heart

White Heart (Blanc): My move now! I summon Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier in Attack Mode.

The young, purple-haired woman appeared on the field, right beside White Heart's Strategist and Prior.

Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Spellcaster/Effect) - (LVL: 4/ATK: 1700/DEF: 900)

White Heart (Blanc): And now, my princess, take out that face-down monster!

Dance Princess nodded at White Heart, before she summoned her large purple shurikens and threw them at Green Heart's face-down monster. Then, after she threw her weapons split the card in two, it revealed a young boy with long, spiky green hair in a ponytail and green eyes wearing an outfit consisting of a dark green tunic with a little satchel on his right, a long beige colored jacket, light green shorts, a green scarf around his neck, and brown boots with long gray socks. He also had brown wristbands and a wooden staff with a blue gem and a bunch of leaves on it.

Kamui, Hope of Gusto - (WIND/Psychic/Effect) - (LVL: 2/ATK: 200/DEF: 1000)

The boy gasped before he was cut to ribbons by Dance Princess's large shurikens and shattered into pieces. Neptune and Noire were a bit sad to see a young boy getting torn apart like that.

Fortunately, Green Heart had planned for this.

Green Heart (Vert): Much appreciated, Blanc. You just activated Kamui's special ability. Whenever he's flipped face-up, I can Special Summon a "Gusto" Tuner monster from anywhere in my deck.

White Heart (Blanc): Say what?

Just then, a small green bird with a collar with the Gusto emblem on it appeared on the field before it flew onto Green Heart's duel disk, with the Leanbox CPU even petting the bird. The little bird then pecked at Green Heart's deck, before using its beak to pull out a card from her deck and into her hand before the bird disappeared into a green light.

Then, without even saying a word, Green Heart summoned Gusto Squirro to the field in Defense Mode, courtesy of Kamui's special ability.

Gusto Squirro - (WIND/Thunder/Tuner/Effect) - (LVL: 2/ATK: 0/DEF: 1800)

White Heart (Blanc): Ha! Please! Like that little shrimp will stand a chance against what I have. I reveal my Trap Card: Call of the Haunted! Now, with the power of this trap, I can resurrect one of my monsters back to the field in Attack Mode! Welcome back, Royal Knight of the Ice Barrier!

Call of the Haunted - (Trap Card: Continuous)

A giant wormhole suddenly appeared on the field, and what emerged from the hole was the knight that White Heart had summoned earlier in the duel.

Royal Knight of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Warrior/Effect) - (LVL: 5/ATK: 2000/DEF: 2000)

Green Heart (Vert): Oh dear...

White Heart (Blanc): Royal Knight, attack Gusto Squirro!

The knight readied his massive blade and he rushed towards the defenseless green squirrel. However, Green Heart planned for this.

Green Heart (Vert): Not so fast! You activated my Trap Card: Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi!

Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi flipped upwards to reveal a card with artwork of Wynn the Wind Charmer with the Chinese word for "Grace 雅" behind the young wind maiden.

Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi - (Trap Card: Normal)

Green Heart (Vert): Now, by tributing one Wind monster, I'm allowed to target one of your cards and place it at the bottom of your deck.

White Heart (Blanc): ARRGGGHHHH!!!! DAMMIT!!!

As soon as Green Heart's trap card left the field, Gusto Squirro turned into green sparkles of glitter right before the Royal Knight of the Ice Barrier could destroy it. Then, the same glitter that originated from Gusto Squirro began circling around the knight, before it ultimately returned back into White Heart's hand, as she was forced to place the card at the bottom of her deck, which no doubt pissed her off to no end.

After she placed her best monster at the bottom of her deck, her Call of the Haunted trap card shattered as the monster was no longer present on the field.

Green Heart (Vert): Not only that, but because Gusto Squirro was sent to the graveyard, its special ability now lets me Special Summon a Level 5 or above "Gusto" monster from my deck.

Then, in a blast of wind, a tall, green-haired man wearing a black shirt, a green sleeveless jacket, lime green colored pants, and a light brown hooded cape suddenly appeared on the field. He wielded a white scythe that had green sparks of electricity running through it.

The male warrior let out a small yell as he readied himself and his weapon with a determined look on his face.

Windaar, Sage of Gusto - (WIND/Psychic/Effect) - (LVL: 6/ATK: 2000/DEF: 1000)

White Heart looked at Green Heart's new monster and gritted her teeth as none of her monsters could even take Windaar on in a head-to-head battle.

White Heart (Blanc): Damn... Well, guess I have no choice. I switch all three of my monsters to Defense Mode. And that's all.

Neptune: Wow... Blanc just can't seem to make any good moves.

Noire: I'll say. It's like... no matter what she does, Vert's always gonna be one step ahead of her.

Azure simply remained silent, as he was simply thinking about something.

Azure: (... Blanc... You...)

Elsewhere

*Drip* *Drip*

In a rather peculiar location, there was a massive set of jail-like bars that were completely sealed off, all inside of a massive room with dark blue walls and a thin layer of water on the floor. Behind the bars, Trishula was currently sleeping, but then each of the heads began opening their eyes and then the dragon tapped the water below, which showed a reflection of what was currently going on in the outside world.

And what he saw... made him look at the water in complete disgust, as he was watching Blanc getting demolished by Vert in their duel.

Suffice to say, the three-headed ice dragon was not amused by this sight, as each head let out a small growl as this was just unbearable for him to watch.

Blanc/White Heart: 3200 LP - Hand: 1

Vert/Green Heart: 6100 LP - Hand: 1+1

Turn 12: Vert/Green Heart

Green Heart (Vert): I draw. First, I summon Pilica, Descendant of Gusto in Attack Mode.

In a flash of light, another monster appeared on the field right beside Windaar. She was a young girl with green hair that was tied in a ponytail with the tips of her hair dyed a bright orange color. She mainly wore fluffy green clothes with a small staff in her hand, while she also held a tiny green penguin in her arm.

Pilica, Descendant of Gusto - (WIND/Psychic/Effect) - (LVL: 3/ATK: 1000/DEF: 1500)

Green Heart (Vert): And now, Pilica's special ability activates. I can target one Tuner monster in my graveyard, and Special Summon it in Defense Mode.

A green tornado suddenly appeared right beside Pilica and Windaar. Then, when the tornado dispersed, it revealed Gusto Squirro.

Gusto Squirro - (WIND/Thunder/Tuner/Effect) - (LVL: 2/ATK: 0/DEF: 1800)

Green Heart (Vert): Now, Pilica, attack Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier!

The young girl smiled before she raised her staff above her head and fired a powerful wave of air straight at Dance Princess. The purple-haired girl tried to defend herself from the attack, but she was knocked off her feet and shattered.

Green Heart (Vert): Windaar, it's your turn. Take out her Strategist of the Ice Barrier!

Windaar responded to the goddess's command with a simple nod, as he proceeded to attack the old man. He then swung down diagonally, then horizontally, as his scythe fired off cyan energy slashes with each swing. It was then that Strategist of the Ice Barrier was hit by these attacks, slicing him to pieces, before exploding in front of White Heart.

White Heart (Blanc): Grrrr.... ARE YOU DONE YET?!!!

Green Heart (Vert): I'm afraid not. For when Windaar destroys a monster, his special ability activates. Which means I can bring back a Level 3 or below monster from my graveyard, such as my Kamui, Hope of Gusto!

In a bright flash of light, the young boy reappeared on the field alongside Windaar, Pilica, and Gusto Squirro.

Kamui, Hope of Gusto - (WIND/Psychic/Effect) - (LVL: 2/ATK: 200/DEF: 1000)

Green Heart (Vert): Now, with my Level 2 "Kamui, Hope of Gusto" and my Level 2 "Gusto Squirro", I can now build the Overlay Network!

Then, just like last time, both Kamui, Hope of Gusto and Gusto Squirro turned into bright green energy, representing their attributes and shot up into the air as they then crossed each other in the air. A black vortex then appeared in front of Green Heart, which resembled that of a black hole, as the two green beings of energy within the vortex. This then caused a bright explosion from within the vortex.

Rachel: Woah! Another Xyz Summon... Wasn't expecting that.

Neptune: Wonder what she's gonna summon this time.

Green Heart (Vert): I Xyz Summon... Come forth! Rank 2, Daigusto Phoenix!

From the light, a sea of green flames erupted from the vortex, and what emerged from it was a massive orange-bodied reptilian bird-like creature with a long black head and beak, with its body burning with bright green flames. As soon as it appeared on the field, the monster let out a loud screech, similar to that of a pterodactyl.

Daigusto Phoenix - (WIND/Pyro/Xyz/Effect) - (Rank: 2/ATK: 1500/DEF: 1100) - (Overlay Unit: 2)

Azure, Neptune, and Silver: A Pterodactyl... Huh... Neat.

Green Heart (Vert): Daigusto Phoenix, attack Prior of the Ice Barrier.

The bird-like monster let out a screech before it flapped its wings and took to the skies. It then flew overhead and used its talons to pick up the mage. Despite his best efforts to break free from Daigusto Phoenix's grip, it was futile as the massive bird ate the poor old man like it was nothing, which kind of grossed everyone out.

White Heart (Blanc): That's... gross.

After finishing his "meal", the phoenix monster flew back to Green Heart's field and landed back on the ground.

Green Heart (Vert): Now, for Daigusto Phoenix's special ability.

White Heart (Blanc): OH, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP WITH ALL THESE DAMN SPECIAL ABILITIES?!!!!

Sadly, Green Heart "purposely" ignored White Heart's complaint and commenced her move.

Green Heart (Vert): By detaching one Overlay Unit, I can target a Wind monster that's on my field, and then it can attack twice.

White Heart (Blanc): WHAT?!!!!

It was then that Daigusto Phoenix used its massive beak to eat one of the Overlay Units that was circling around the monster.

Daigusto Phoenix - (WIND/Pyro/Xyz/Effect) - (Rank: 2/ATK: 1500/DEF: 1100) - (Overlay Unit: 1)

Then, a green fiery aura surrounded Pilica, Descendant of Gusto. She then raised her staff up and fired an energy wave from her staff directly at White Heart, hitting her directly.

White Heart (Blanc): Ugh!!! Grrrr!!!

Blanc/White Heart LP: 3200 - (1000) = 2200

Green Heart (Vert): Now, I'll detach my second Overlay Unit, to activate Daigusto Phoenix's special effect.

Much like it did before, Daigusto Phoenix ate its remaining Overlay Unit.

Daigusto Phoenix - (WIND/Pyro/Xyz/Effect) - (Rank: 2/ATK: 1500/DEF: 1100) - (Overlay Unit: 0)

And just like before, a green aura surrounded Windaar, Sage of Gusto as he then rushed towards White Heart and then he raised his weapon and slashed White Heart vertically, causing her to scream in pain, as she was thrown back from the attack.

White Heart (Blanc): AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blanc/White Heart LP: 2200 - (2000) = 200

Elsewhere

Trishula continued to watch Blanc getting her butt handed to her in frustration. Despite his hatred towards all humans, for some reason, seeing the girl who destroyed him during her practice duel with Azure getting pummeled without even fighting back was making his blood boil.

"... Grrrrr... This is ridiculous...!!! It's like she's doing everything in her power to infuriate me to no end...!!!"

White Heart fell to her knees as she could no longer keep herself standing, due to the immense pain she was feeling. Everyone who was watching this stayed completely silent as they were all surprised by how Blanc was doing.

Green Heart (Vert): I end my turn.

Blanc/White Heart: 200 LP - Hand: 1+1

Vert/Green Heart: 6100 LP - Hand: 1

Turn 13: Blanc/White Heart

Before she could even make a move, White Heart was actually struggling to pick herself up. She tried and she tried, but for some reason, it looked as though she was "purposely" trying to stay on the ground. At this point, this sight was getting increasingly uncomfortable, as Neptune, Noire, and Rachel could not bring themselves to watch this.

While Silver looked at the CPU of Lowee with a solemn look on his face, Azure was looking at White Heart... in complete disgust. Then, he let out a huge sigh, with a hint of annoyance and irritation in his voice.

Azure: (C'mon, Blanc... You gotta stop holding back! And I don't just mean on this duel, but on yourself. After all... I'm sure even your friends and even "he" feels the same way...)

Then, after a good few seconds of trying, White Heart finally got back to her feet, except she was breathing heavily and her eyes were completely obscured by shadow. Just as she was about to draw a card, a sudden loud noise began ringing in her ear.

".... Grrrr..."

White Heart (Blanc): (Wha...?)

".... Grrrrrrrr....!!!"

White Heart (Blanc): (That voice...)

"... We need to "talk", human... Now....!!!"

Then, in an unexpected turn of events, White Heart suddenly began losing her balance once again, before she collapsed onto the floor, landing on her stomach. Seeing this made everyone quite shocked as Neptune, Noire, Rachel, and even Green Heart ran over to the unconscious CPU. Azure, on the other hand, stayed where he was with his arms crossed, as he was seemingly aware of what was happening and chose to stay put.

Azure: (So, he's finally up to talking with her. Took him long enough.)

Elsewhere

Back inside the room where Trishula was being held, Blanc, in her human form no less, was laying on the floor, still unconscious. The three-headed dragon noticed the girl who he had just called laying on the ground, not even moving an inch. Even though it was locked behind the large bars, each of Trishula's heads looked at the unconscious girl with a rather interesting look. His golden eyes weren't filled with rage, but rather... apathy and intrigue.

"... ... ... ... ..."

After a couple minutes of pure silence, the dragon decided to speak what was on his mind, without his mouth even moving.

"... ... ... You little runt. You... humans never cease to amaze me by how feeble you are."

Trishula then started to chuckle as seeing Blanc in such a state was amusing to say the least.

"... ... *Sigh*... ... You better be grateful to me... as well as that foolish boy, Azure Nile. Who sealed me away inside the deck of a worthless little wretch like you..."

Then, after he finished talking to himself, Trishula did something... that was completely "out-of-character", even for someone like him. He reached his arm through the cell bars and placed his extremely long hand over Blanc's unconscious body. What happened next was that tiny blue specks of energy began transferring itself onto Blanc.

Back in the real world, while everyone was trying their best to wake Blanc up, Azure actually smirked as he was the only one who knew what a certain dragon just did. White Heart suddenly let out a small gasp as she quickly regained consciousness.

White Heart (Blanc): Ugh... Damn... My head. What happened?

Neptune: Blanc! Oh thank goodness, you're awake!

Green Heart (Vert): We were so worried about you.

Noire: Don't scare us like that again!

White Heart (Blanc): Alright... But, how long was I out?

Rachel: Three minutes.

White Heart (Blanc): Three minutes? Huh... Well, anyway... Vert, let's finish this!

Green Heart (Vert): Are you sure, Blanc? I mean... What if something else happens?

White Heart (Blanc): Heh! Don't tell me you're scared that I'll beat you. C'mon, let's go!

Everyone looked at each other, as they were unsure about this. But then, Azure whistled, catching everybody's attention.

Azure: If you guys want my approval, then... *Ahem* Vert... Blanc... "Get your Game On"!

After hearing that random quote, it made Rachel chuckle as she, Neptune and Noire returned back to where Azure was sitting. And as for the CPUs, Green Heart simply smiled as she helped White Heart to her feet, then she moved back over to her side of the field.

Green Heart (Vert): Alright. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that it's your move.

White Heart (Blanc): Why thank you. I draw!

As soon as she looked at the card she just drew, she let out a small smile.

White Heart (Blanc): First, I play the Spell Card that's been in my hand this entire duel! Go, Freezing Chains of the Ice Barrier!

Freezing Chains of the Ice Barrier showed artwork of Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier being imprisoned in a large pillar of ice. There were also two other pillars near it, which appeared to be empty.

Freezing Chains of the Ice Barrier - (Spell Card: Continuous)

White Heart (Blanc): With this card's effect, I can target one "Ice Barrier" monster in my graveyard and summon it back to the field. And I choose... Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier!

A large blue glyph suddenly appeared on the ground and Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier emerged from the glyph in a battle stance.

Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Spellcaster/Effect) - (LVL: 4/ATK: 1700/DEF: 900)

White Heart (Blanc): Now, Dance Princess, attack Pilica!

Dance Princess nodded at White Heart, before she summoned her large purple shurikens and threw them at the young girl, which slashed her to bits.

Vert/Green Heart LP: 6100 - (700) = 5400

White Heart (Blanc): I'm not done yet! Next, I play the Spell Card: Upstart Goblin!

Upstart Goblin featured artwork of a Goblin wearing a fancy wardrobe while he smugly drops several gold coins on the floor while a poor man is on his knees, begging to the goblin.

Upstart Goblin - (Spell Card: Normal)

White Heart (Blanc): Now here's the deal. I give you 1000 life points, but in return, I get to draw one card from my deck.

Green Heart (Vert): Very well.

As soon as White Heart drew her new card, Green Heart's life points began to increase due to Upstart Goblin's effect.

Vert/Green Heart LP: 5400 + (1000) = 6400

Then, once she got a good look at the card she just drew, White Heart just smirked.

White Heart (Blanc): Here goes. I activate the Spell Card: Pot of Avarice!

Pot of Avarice was another pot, except that it was lavender in color, as well as having a rather grotesque expression on its face, with various jewels and treasures inside of it.

Pot of Avarice - (Spell Card: Normal)

White Heart (Blanc): After I target 5 monsters in my graveyard and shuffle them back into my deck, I can draw 2 more cards.

Then, White Heart's graveyard began to glow a bright blue light as Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier, Strategist of the Ice Barrier, General Raiho of the Ice Barrier, Cold Enchanter, and Prior of the Ice Barrier reappeared and White Heart shuffled the five cards back into her deck. Afterwards, she quickly drew two more cards.

White Heart (Blanc): I'll end my turn by placing two cards face-down.

Rachel: Man, I gotta give it to Blanny. She's only got 200 life points, and she's still giving it her all.

Neptune: Yep, that's our Blanc!

Noire: I have to agree with Rachel. She's way behind Vert in terms of life points, but she's still fighting.

Azure: Mm-hmm. In fact, call me crazy, but I get the feeling... that Blanc isn't going to lose this duel.

Noire: How can you be so sure?

Azure: Ehh, just call it a "hutch".

Blanc/White Heart: 200 LP - Hand: 0

Vert/Green Heart: 6100 LP - Hand: 1+1

Turn 14: Vert/Green Heart

Green Heart (Vert): My turn. Now, it's time we end this duel. Windaar, Sage of Gusto, attack Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier!

Windaar quickly rushed towards Dance Princess to try and finish her off.

Neptune: Oh no! If this attack hits, then Blanc's finished!

Noire: Unless she does something right now...

Azure: Don't worry, guys. Blanc knows what she's doing.

Both: Huh?

Just as Green Heart's monster got close enough, White Heart just smirked.

White Heart (Blanc): You activated my Trap Card! I play Draining Shield! Thanks to this, not only is your monster's attack negated, but I gain life points equal to its attack points!

Draining Shield showed a knight equipped with a circular, futuristic shield while an attack of a reptile monster was being blocked, and drained of its energy.

Draining Shield - (Trap Card: Normal)

A circular shield then appeared on Dance Princess's left arm, as she then used the shield to block Windaar's attack. The man suddenly felt weak as his energy was being drained in an instant due to the shield and was forced to back off.

It was then that Dance Princess transferred the energy that she got from Windaar to White Heart as her life points suddenly began to increase.

Blanc/White Heart LP: 200 + (2000) = 2200

Green Heart (Vert): Not bad. However, I still have my Daigusto Phoenix! Pick up where my Sage of Gusto left off!

The pterodactyl screeched as it opened its mouth and fired a stream of green flames which were aimed directly at Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier, as she braced herself for the incoming attack.

White Heart (Blanc): Sorry, don't think so! I reveal my second Trap Card: Ice Barrier!

Ice Barrier flipped upwards to reveal an image of a fish made of ice, with its head being chopped off, because of a sharp pillar of ice.

Ice Barrier - (Trap Card: Normal)

White Heart (Blanc): Now because you declared an attack, the ATK points of your monster instantly become 0, also its position can't be changed.

Green Heart (Vert): What?!

The flames that came from Daigusto Phoenix's mouth suddenly began to fizzle out as its ATK points suddenly began to decrease.

Daigusto Phoenix - (WIND/Pyro/Xyz/Effect) - (Rank: 2/ATK: 0/DEF: 1100) - (Overlay Unit: 0)

White Heart (Blanc): Now that your Phoenix is no longer a threat to my monster, Dance Princess, crave that overgrown turkey up really good!

Dance Princess nodded as she evaded the stream of flames and quickly summoned her large shurikens and threw them both at Daigusto Phoenix, cutting off both of its wings, causing it to fall out of the sky and crash onto the ground, shattering in the process.

Vert/Green Heart LP: 6100 - (1700) = 4400

Green Heart (Vert): Impressive, Blanc. I end my turn by setting one card face-down.

Blanc/White Heart: 2200 LP - Hand: 0+1

Vert/Green Heart: 4400 LP - Hand: 1

Turn 15: Blanc/White Heart

White Heart (Blanc): My move! (This card could help.) I'll switch my Dance Princess to Defense Mode and I activate the effect of my Ice Barrier trap. By removing it from my graveyard, I can send a Level 5 or above Water monster from my deck directly to the graveyard.

White Heart grabbed her entire deck and immediately sent General Wayne of the Ice Barrier to her graveyard, then quickly placed her deck back into the duel disk.

White Heart (Blanc): Now, I can add one Water monster from my graveyard back to my hand. And the one that I chose is my second Cold Enchanter.

It was then that the card of White Heart's second Cold Enchanter reappeared from the graveyard and straight into her hand.

White Heart (Blanc): I lay one card face-down, ending my turn.

Blanc/White Heart: 2200 LP - Hand: 1

Vert/Green Heart: 4400 LP - Hand: 1+1

Turn 16: Vert/Green Heart

Green Heart (Vert): My turn now. I summon Gusto Codor in Attack Mode.

In a bright flash of light, a greenish-white bird appeared on the field, right beside Windaar, Sage of Gusto.

Gusto Codor - (WIND/Winged-Beast/Effect) - (LVL: 3/ATK: 1000/DEF: 400)

Green Heart (Vert): Now, in case you were planning on using that face-down card to save you... I'm afraid it won't work.

White Heart (Blanc): Why?

Green Heart (Vert): Just watch. I reveal my Trap Card: Dust Storm of Gusto! Now, whenever my "Gusto" monsters attack, I'm afraid you are prohibited to activate any cards or effects.

White Heart (Blanc): Tch!

Dust Storm of Gusto flipped upwards to reveal a picture of Windaar, Sage of Gusto using his weapon in a rather cool manner.

Dust Storm of Gusto - (Trap Card - Normal)

Green Heart (Vert): Now, Windaar, attack Dance Princess!

Windaar rushed towards Dance Princess and used his scythe to slash her in the stomach, causing her to explode.

White Heart (Blanc): Ugh!

Green Heart (Vert): Now I'll activate the Spell Card: Cosmic Cyclone!

Cosmic Cyclone depicts a supermassive black hole (with an accretion disk and a relativistic jet visible) in the process of absorbing a star.

Cosmic Cyclone - (Spell Card: Quick-Play)

Rachel: Oh boy. That card is tricky.

Neptune: What do you mean? What card did Vert just play?

Azure: It's a Spell Card called "Cosmic Cyclone", and like Ray said, it's quite tricky to deal with.

Noire: You lost me.

Rachel: You see, that card is kind of like Mystical Space Typhoon, only it's a bit more dangerous. Rather than destroying one face-down Spell or Trap on the field, that card is banished instead.

Neptune and Noire: It does what?!

White Heart overheard what Azure and Rachel said about what Green Heart's Spell Card was capable of and began to sweat.

White Heart (Blanc): (Oh crap! If she takes out my face-down card, then I'm a goner!)

Then, when no one was looking, Green Heart let a cheeky smile on her face before she made her decision.

Green Heart (Vert): Now, Cosmic Cyclone, unleash your mighty winds and destroy... Freezing Chains of the Ice Barrier!!!

Everyone looked at Green Heart like she was crazy, but then their confused looks quickly changed as a cyclone emerged from the card and began sucking up the Spell Card on White Heart's side of the field, functioning like that of a black hole, before both spell cards shattered. Then, a green aura surrounded Green Heart as her life points began to decrease.

Vert/Green Heart LP: 4400 - (1000) = 3400

Neptune: NEPU?! What's going on? Why did Vert lose 1,000 life points?

Noire: Not only that, but why did she target Blanc's Freezing Chains card and not her face-down card?

Azure suddenly began chuckling which caught Neptune and Noire's attention.

Noire: Okay, what's so funny?

Azure: Nothing. It's just Cosmic Cyclone comes with a price. You have to pay 1,000 of your life points to activate it.

Neptune: Oh really? Well I guess that explains why Vert lost life points.

Noire: But why would she use her spell on Blanc's Freezing Chains if her face-down card might've been the real threat?

Rachel: I know I just said this earlier, but you girls REALLY need to understand that not all things are as they seem. Take it from me and Az. The two of us have played Duel Monsters for a long time to know that some things aren't always what you expect them to be. Right, Az?

Azure: Mhm.

After listening to Rachel's words, Noire and Neptune decided to focus back on the duel.

White Heart (Blanc): ... I-I...

Green Heart (Vert): Hmm? Is something the matter, Blanc?

White Heart (Blanc): ... Uh... N-No, it's nothing. So, uh... are you finished with your turn or what?

Green Heart (Vert): I'm afraid not. Gusto Codor, attack Blanc directly!

Gusto Codor obeyed Green Heart's command and flew towards White Heart, before it started pecking her head, which got on her nerves as she summoned her axe and smacked it away, but not enough to harm it as it flew back over to Green Heart's field.

Blanc/White Heart LP: 2200 - (1000) = 1200

Green Heart (Vert): Alright. I guess that's all I can do for now. It's your move, Blanc.

Blanc/White Heart: 1200 LP - Hand: 1+1

Vert/Green Heart: 3400 LP - Hand: 1

Turn 17: Blanc/White Heart

The tension in the air was apparent as it was now Blanc's turn. Everybody on the sidelines was silent as they all fixated on White Heart.

Azure: (This is it.)

Silver: "Yeah..."

Rachel: It's do or die time.

Noire: This feeling... I just know for a fact... This will decide everything.

Neptune: C'mon, Blanc! You can do it!

Back on the field, White Heart stared at her duel disk and placed her fingers on her deck. Then, right before she drew a card, she closed both her eyes and then took a deep breath.

White Heart (Blanc): (Alright... This is it. If I can draw the right card, then this duel is as good as mine! If not... then I'm a goner.)

Then, after a few seconds, she slowly slid her fingers across and drew her next card. White Heart then opened her eyes before drawing her attention to the card she just drew.

White Heart (Blanc): (Please... Please be the card that I need!)

As soon as she got a look at the card she drew from her deck, White Heart let out a big smile as this was just what she needed to turn this duel around.

From a distance, Azure and Rachel noticed White Heart's smile and they let out a smirk as they both knew what just happened.

Rachel: Wait a sec. Did she-?

Azure: Yep.

Rachel: And that card-

Azure: Yep.

White Heart (Blanc): This ends here! First, I reveal my Trap Card: Descending Lost Star!

Descending Lost Star flipped upwards to reveal a card with artwork of a quadrupedal machine-like monster that appeared to be technologically advanced.

Descending Lost Star - (Trap Card: Normal)

White Heart (Blanc): What's it do? Quite simple. This card allows me to resurrect a Synchro monster in my graveyard in Defense Mode! So come back, Brionac!

A black portal then appeared from the graveyard as Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier returned to the field in Defense Mode, letting out a roar.

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Sea Serpent/Synchro/Effect) - (LVL: 5/ATK: 2300/DEF: 0)

White Heart (Blanc): Now that my dragon's back, I summon Cold Enchanter in Attack Mode!

A flurry of snowflakes appeared on the field before it dissipated revealing Cold Enchanter, who got into a fighting stance.

Cold Enchanter - (WATER/Aqua/Effect) - (LVL: 4/ATK: 1600/DEF: 1200)

White Heart (Blanc): (Alright... Time to win this duel.) Next, I activate... Monster Reborn! And with its power, I can bring back any monster that I chose from the graveyard. And I know just the one I want!

Just then, Green Heart's graveyard began to glow as a single card emerged from the graveyard slot and immediately flew into White Heart's hand. White Heart then showed Green Heart the card she just received thanks to Monster Reborn, and Green Heart gasped at what she just picked.

Green Heart (Vert): I-It can't be!

White Heart (Blanc): Heh! That's right, Thunder Tits! Your Gusto Squirro belongs to me now!

A green tornado suddenly appeared right beside Brionac and Cold Enchanter. Then, when the tornado dispersed, it revealed Gusto Squirro.

Gusto Squirro - (WIND/Thunder/Tuner/Effect) - (LVL: 2/ATK: 0/DEF: 1800)

Green Heart (Vert): Wait a second. If you used your Monster Reborn to take my Gusto Tuner monster, then that would mean...

White Heart (Blanc): That's right... I'm gonna summon a level 11 Synchro monster!!!

After she said this, White Heart's eyes suddenly changed from red to a piercing gold color, which didn't go unnoticed by everybody who was watching.

Green Heart (Vert): Blanc... your eyes!

Neptune: Do you guys see that?! Blanc's eyes are golden again!

Noire: Hold on! If her eyes are gold, then that means... *Gasp* Trishula's influencing his rage onto her just like last time!

Silver: "I don't think so."

Neptune and Noire: What?

Rachel: He's right. This is way different than last time. Just watch.

Right before she carried on with her intended move, she suddenly heard a familiar, booming voice whispering in her ear.

".... Grrrr..."

White Heart (Blanc): (You... Why are you...?)

".... Win this duel... and maybe I'll consider giving you an answer."

White Heart (Blanc): ...

".... Now go. And don't embarrass yourself again, human."

After the voice of Trishula vanished from White Heart's head, she took a breath and then proceeded to do what needed to be done.

White Heart (Blanc): Here we go. I tune LVL 2 "Gusto Squirro" with LVL 5 "Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" and LVL 4 "Cold Enchanter"...

Gusto Squiiro then turned into a bright light, which then turned into two stars, and finally turned into two green cycles. Then, Cold Enchanter and Brionac jumped into the air and were then surrounded by the two green rings, as their bodies became outlined with the color orange, as well as being see-through.

Just then, the once blue sky begins to darken with a huge storm cloud as the sound of rumbling thunder echo through the field and flashing lighting illuminate the darken sky. It looked like the sky itself was alive.

2 + 5 + 4 = 11

A massive blue beam appeared besides White Heart as her Synchro Summon proved to be successful.

White Heart (Blanc): Ancient creature who controls the icy realm, appear now and crush all those who oppose you! Life and death, they mean nothing to your overwhelming power! I Synchro Summon! Sub-Zero Crystal of the Aurora! Trishula, Zero Dragon of the Ice Barrier!!!

Everyone's eyes were focused on the storming sky as they watched with various expressions on their faces. Suddenly, a huge lightning bolt crashes to the ground and blinding them again with the bright light as they close their eyes instinctively, thinking that this is the moment they are waiting for.

Then, as the light suddenly began to quickly fade, they all opened their eyes before looking at the field and saw a rather familiar face. The monster in question was the same three-headed behemoth from a few hours ago today, and now it was back, except this time, Trishula was looking a little bit different. For example, the dragon had a slightly hunched posture to it. And not only that, but there were red vein-like streaks all over its body, wings, arms, and even its three heads along with having a somewhat spikier appearance to it.

The dragon flapped its massive wings before descending onto the ground as it then reared all three of its heads back a bit, before letting out a devastating roar with all three of its heads, which made everyone quake in terror.

Trishula, Zero Dragon of the Ice Barrier - (WATER/Dragon/Synchro/Effect) - (LVL: 11/ATK: 2700/DEF: 2000)

Everyone stared at the triple-headed dragon in awe as they had never seen anything like this before. As for Azure, he simply smiled at the sight of Trishula's new look, and more importantly, White Heart's calm demeanor as she still had the golden eyes, but she was far more in control than last time.

Azure: (Hmm... Very impressive, Blanc. And the same goes for you, Trishula.)

Silver: "I don't believe it. Blanc just... I mean she just..."

Azure: That's right, old pal. She did. Just what I was hoping for.

Neptune: Woah. Look at Trishula. It's like he evolved or something.

Noire: I can see that, Neptune! But what I want to know is why isn't Blanc under his influence like last time?!

Rachel: I think that old three-headed scumbag is having a little change of heart.

Noire and Neptune looked at the red-haired girl with confused looks on their faces.

Meanwhile, on the field, White Heart looked up at her Trishula, Zero Dragon of the Ice Barrier in awe, rather than fear, as the dragon's eyes stared down at the CPU. There was an air of silence between goddess and dragon. Not only that, but the tension between the two of them was subdued. They may not have known it, but they both seemed interested to see each other.

"........."

White Heart (Blanc): ...

Green Heart also picked up on this interesting phenomenon that was going on.

Green Heart (Vert): (Oh my. Why is it if Blanc and Trishula... They have...)

After a bit of silence, Trishula and White Heart turned their attention back towards the duel, but not before nodding at each other.

White Heart (Blanc/Trishula): "Now I shall activate my Zero Dragon's special ability! For you see, on the turn my monster is successfully Synchro Summoned to the field, three of your cards are instantly banished!"

Then, after Trishula let out a deafening roar, Green Heart gasped as Windaar, Sage of Gusto and Gusto Codor suddenly vanished into thin air, along with the one card in Green Heart's hand.

Green Heart (Vert): No! I'm defenseless!

White Heart (Blanc/Trishula): "And now, Trishula, Zero Dragon of the Ice Barrier, use your unparalleled might and attack Vert directly!!!"

Surprisingly, Trishula nodded at White Heart's command as the dragon let out a massive roar before it suddenly began reeling all three of its heads back, as he now began charging up energy as all three of its necks and heads began to glow a bright whitish-blue color from the mouth. The dragon then fired a massive stream of energy from all three of its heads directly at Green Heart. In order to protect herself, she crossed her arms to try to protect herself. Luckily for her, Green Heart only skidded backwards and took a deep breath as she never felt anything so intense.

Green Heart (Vert): *Huff* ... Quite impressive...

Vert/Green Heart LP: 3400 - (2700) = 700

White Heart (Blanc/Trishula): "Alright, I guess that's all from me. Your turn, Vert."

Everyone was surprised to see that Blanc managed to wipe away a large portion of Vert's life points. Not only that, but she hasn't lost herself to Trishula's influence.

Noire: I... can't believe it. Blanc is...

Neptune: She's in control of herself!

Rachel: Uh-huh. Looks like those two have found some common ground.

Azure: Good. Good for them.

Blanc/White Heart: 1200 LP - Hand: 0

Vert/Green Heart: 700 LP - Hand: 0+1

Turn 18: Vert/Green Heart

Green Heart (Vert): It's my turn now. I draw!

After she drew her card, Green Heart looked at White Heart and then at Trishula, before she suddenly let out a small smile as she then sent the card she just drew to her graveyard, which confused White Heart.

White Heart (Blanc/Trishula): "Huh? Hey, what are you-?

Green Heart (Vert): In case you do not remember, it has been five turns since I activated Card of Demise, so that means I have no choice but to send my hand to the graveyard. So I'm afraid I have no choice but to end my turn.

White Heart blinked at Green Heart's decision before she chuckled ever so slightly.

Blanc/White Heart: 1200 LP - Hand: 0+1

Vert/Green Heart: 700 LP - Hand: 0

Turn 19: Blanc/White Heart

After a bit of awkward silence between the two, White Heart looked at her deck and drew a card without saying a word. She then looked at Green Heart, who was still smiling at her. The two goddesses then nodded at each other before White Heart decided to end this duel.

White Heart (Blanc): Heh heh. Vert, I... had fun.

Green Heart (Vert): So did I, Blanc. So did I.

White Heart (Blanc): ... Trishula, end this duel now!!!

Much like before, Trishula obediently began reeling all three of its heads back, as he now began charging up energy as all three of its necks and heads began to glow a bright whitish-blue color from the mouth. The dragon then fired a massive stream of energy from all three of its heads directly at Green Heart. The green-haired goddesses stood proudly as the dragon's blast closed in on her, creating an explosion. When the smoke cleared, Green Heart was still standing before she reverted back to her base form and her life points began to decrease.

Vert/Green Heart LP: 700 - (2700) = 0

Winner: Blanc/White Heart

Right as the duel between Blanc and Vert had finally reached its conclusion, the field spell disappeared and the group had returned to the park, except it was now at sunset.

On the sidelines, everyone just smiled in awe at what they had just witnessed.

Noire: I don't believe it.

Neptune: Blanc won. She really won.

Rachel: Hmph! That's right, ladies. Blanc has won the duel.

Neptune and Noire both ran towards their fellow CPUs to congratulate them on their spectacular dueli, while Azure, Rachel, and Silver just watched from afar.

Silver: "Well, that was quite the duel, wouldn't you say?"

Rachel: Uh-huh. I still can't get over the fact that Blanny was able to get Trishula to behave for once. Hey Az, do you think that maybe she, well, ya know?

Azure: Hmm... Honestly, I can't say for certain, but... give it some more time and maybe, just maybe she might be able to-

Before he could finish his sentence, he noticed Neptune, Noire, and Vert drawing their weapons because there was something that made them a little on edge.

Azure: Well, what do we have here? You guys seeing this?

Rachel: Hmm? Seeing what?

Azure pointed his finger, which made Rachel see that despite the fact that the duel had ended, Trishula, Zero Dragon of the Ice Barrier, was still on the field. The two experienced duelists walked over to the rest of the group to see for themselves, and sure enough, Trishula was still there, looking down at everyone.

While the CPUs were a bit nervous in this situation, Azure whistled which caught everybody's attention.

Azure: Stand down, girls.

Noire: Are you crazy?!! Why is he-?

Azure: I said stand down. Trust me.

A bit hesitant at first, the girls listened to Azure. Then, in an unexpected turn of events, Blanc, still in HDD Form, walked up to the dragon and began floating up and was at eye level for Trishula. As the two stared at each other, White Heart took a deep breath and began speaking what was on her mind.

White Heart (Blanc): ... You... helped me near the end of that duel, didn't you?

Trishula's eyes looked away from White Heart for a moment, before focusing back on the white-haired girl.

"... ... ... Do not misunderstand my assistance for any kind of compassion for you, human."

White Heart (Blanc): *Sigh* Would ya quit callin' me that?! I have a name, ya know! It's Blanc! Though, in this form, I'm called White Heart.

Trishula hissed at White Heart, before he continued his speech.

"... Whatever. Listen, I've said it once and I will say it as many times as possible. You humans can go to hell for all I care. But... if there is one thing I despise more than humans... it's humans who are incompetent."

Neptune: Wow, talk about rude!

White Heart (Blanc): Look, if you're not gonna get to the point, then just go away.

Trishula growled at White Heart's disrespectful attitude towards him.

"Grrrr.... *Sigh* ... Very well... I... ... ... I was tired of hearing your cries, and I thought if I lent you strength, it'd be enough for you to stop your yelling... Nothing more."

White Heart looked at the dragon before she suddenly extended her hand out to the dragon, which confused everyone excluding Azure, Rachel, and Silver.

"What is this? Are you mocking me?!!"

White Heart (Blanc): No. I... just wanted to say... Thank you... for helping me.

"..."

For whatever reason, as soon as White Heart said those very words to him, Trishula's eyes widened as he was somewhat taken aback by this sudden phrase. The dragon stared at the CPU's hand for a minute before it let out a loud sigh and turned away from the goddess.

"... Hmph! Just make sure you don't embarrass yourself next time you face someone in this absurd game, because if I EVER catch you using my power in such a humiliating manner again, I. WILL. END YOU!"

Instead of being intimidated by his threats, White Heart just scoffed at the beast.

White Heart (Blanc): Yeah, yeah, yeah! Whatever you say.

After the two had finished conversing with one another, not only did White Heart float back onto the ground and revert back into her base form, but Trishula finally disappeared from the park.

Blanc: (Trishula... I know you aren't particularly fond of me. And to be honest, I'm not exactly fond of you either, but... I get the feeling over time, we'll find some common ground. In fact, I get the feeling you understand that as well.)

Blanc then turned her attention back to her friends and let out a small smile, which reassured them that everything was okay. And with that, the four goddesses of Gamindustri had finally experienced the joy of playing the game of Duel Monsters.

Chapter 8 - END

A/N: So, did you guys enjoy this? If not tell me what you didn't like and if you did enjoy this, please tell me what you really did like! It all helps, so please and thank you for your reviews and criticism, it really helps, believe it or not!

Rest in Peace, Kazuki Takahashi.

Your work has brought me and my brother our very first anime, as well as getting us and millions of people to fall in love with not only this game, but also this anime and manga series.

I truly hope that your family and friends are all doing well upon learning of your departure from this world, and I hope that you are resting in eternal peace...

(1961-2022)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 1K 10
(Y/N) an 16 year old ordinary and orphan teen with a normal life enjoying everything like going through computers, other kinds of tech and a good inv...
203 5 1
Set one month before the events of "Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Goddesses", this prequel story features two extremely skilled duelists named Azure Nile and Lux...
2.9K 29 6
Alphie Drake, a young man with a mysterious connection to Dragon-Type Duel Spirits and a bias for the color blue. Watch as he traverses life at Duel...
2.4K 155 28
Jack Atlas, who shares an apartment with his best friends Yusei Fudo and Crow Hogan, has come to a shocking realisation and is torn up internally abo...