The Forbidding Hadalpelagic Z...

By gonzoM

A young, rude and cold conman. A handsome, gentle and kind businessman. A past full of lies and betrayal... More

*DISCLAIMER*
Character Sketch
1. It's Over...
2. Should I go back?
3. So much has changed....
4. Hey, Baby!!
5. So, deal?
6. A better place...
7. Welcome Home, Baby!!
8. Like Home...
9. Baby Shark....
10. First day at work...
11. Love at first sight...
12. The Two Lost Souls...
13. An Iced Americano for starters...
14. Not under my watch...
15. Ken... Baby...
16. Together? Is that possible?
18. Nothing real!!
19. A kid from New Zealand...
20. Sweet and Perfect!!
21. From Rivals to Friends...
22. The Only Sin...
23. Scared...
24. Shattered Hope..!
25. How dare you...
26. Just say sorry...
27. Serene and Peaceful...
28. You stayed...
29. Make it Right!!
30. The Painter and the Thief!!
31. One Last Chance...
32. Special and Private...
33. Plan B!!
34. One Last Time...
35. The Options...
36. Goodbye, duckling!!
37. The Rarest Melo Pearl!!
38. We are staying...
39. Hello Sweetheart!!
40. One more night!!
41. Duality to die for!!
42. He will never come...
43. Baby's apology!!
44. The Last Will and Testament...
45. Where are you, baby?
46. My Fighter Fish!!
47. Other side of the World...
48. Time To Celebrate...
49. Long time, baby!!
50. One Good Reason...
51. Answer me in words...
52. Start Over!!
53. The Return Gift!!
54. Love yourself!! (END)

17. The cunning duckling!!

663 75 109
By gonzoM

Jimin fidgeted with his fingers, as he sat nervously in the back seat of the car. He looked at Taehyung who was in the driver's seat, having the most pleading puppy eyes while Jin was sitting in the passenger's seat, ignoring Taehyung completely. Jimin then glanced at his wrist watch and sighed for the millionth time along with Taehyung.

"I can manage alone... you know...", Jimin mumbled softly.

"That's okay, Chim", Taehyung smiled at him through the real view mirror.

"And I am not taking another chance with Jungkook", Jin said curtly.

Jimin pouted a little, "I promise, Jin hyung, I will be careful this time. I... I won't let him touch me again".

"Still, I want to be sure. Men like him are hawks. They just need a tiny opening and they will be all over you in no time", Jin said, eyeing Taehyung skeptically.

"Excuse me, who are you calling a hawk here?", Taehyung demanded, getting irritated.

It had been three days since they kissed in their kitchen and Jin had been snapping at Taehyung at every chance he got. Okay, he made a mistake because he was too absorbed in his old memories and addressed Jin as 'Ken', but Jin was certainly going overboard with the sarcasm.

"Why are you getting so riled up now?", Jin asked, smirking, "Is it possible that you are relating yourself to hawks?"

"Hell no... I am not that kind of a person and you know it", Taehyung retorted in anger.

"If you are not, then there is nothing to get grumpy over it, unless you have done something similar", Jin hissed, turning towards Taehyung.

"I guess you need to recheck your memory, baby urchin, because that's not what actually happened. We both know how we reacted to each other that night", Taehyung said with a mischievous smile.

"Did... did you just call me an urchin? Those ugly spiny things?", Jin asked in disbelief.

"Well, as you behave, so you will be named", Tae snapped, "As if your words sting any less"

"What did you say?", Jin gritted his teeth in anger.

"What? Do you want me to remind you what exactly happened between us that night? Or that one night from six years ago? Bring it on, if you are ready to have that 'what are we' talk with me. Else, you better stop snapping at me unless you want me to prove you otherwise, because I am so eager to shut your mouth either way, baby", Taehyung warned with a glare.

Jin glared right back at Taehyung and opened his mouth to give a fitting reply, when Jimin groaned from the backseat.

"Guys please... can you both continue your quarrel after I leave this car? It's really getting on my nerves and I seriously don't want to know what you do to each other's mouth", Jimin said with a huff.

"Chim...", Jin screeched in embarrassment, while Taehyung chuckled softly and looked out of the window.

"It's time. I will get going now", Jimin said, fixing the tiny earpiece to the back of his ear.

Jin straightened himself in his seat getting serious, while Taehyung watched Jimin cross the street and enter the café.

Jimin walked as slow as possible, planning for a perfect timing and coincidence. He opened the café door and walked to the counter.

"One hot chocolate, please", Jimin ordered politely.

The girl behind the counter smiled sweetly and printed the bill for the drink. Jimin paid for the drink in cash and took his seat at an empty table.

The memories from New Zealand tossed his mind around like a whirlwind. The first meeting between him and Jungkook wasn't exactly special or mind blowing for Jimin. He was nervous the entire time as Jungkook chose to flirt with him mercilessly. He was funny and very lively that, Jimin had left the bar smiling brightly that night.

Jimin had always been invisible to everyone. No one noticed his existence in the places that he liked to visit often, like libraries, museums, churches etc., Yeah, he was a boring person and Jin never took him to any place that could potentially endanger him, such as the clubs and bars. Although nineteen, Jimin had neither tasted a drop of alcohol nor had anyone touch him intimately until Jungkook appeared in his life. But he wasn't innocent either. He was neck to neck with Jin when it came to designing and executing the plans on Jin's targets.

However, Jimin was never allowed to work on field. Jin kept him hidden from everyone, and whoever it was; Jin had always faced his targets alone. But for once Jimin wanted to be adamant and useful in his life. He wanted to be of some help to Jin. And so he argued with Jin several times that he was no more a child. After many months of pressuring and begging, Jin finally relented in New Zealand and let him handle Jungkook, after he saw how whipped Jungkook was for him.

Jimin felt alive during every second that he spent with Jungkook. He had never had any long conversations with anyone other than with Jin. He had never had anyone talk sweetly with him, including Jin, who was caring and gentle, but had stopped being sweet years ago. Jimin felt lonely and useless. He understood that Jin was doing everything to protect him, but he was a human too and he needed the love and attention. So when Jungkook began flirting with him, he felt so elated that he forgot his mission and let himself fall for Jungkook.

Jimin sighed heavily, feeling miserable. He knew what kind of person he was. He knew what kind of result was expected out of him. He was aware of what he was going to do to Jungkook, and he was sure that when everything would end Jungkook was going to hate him to no end. But he had started the drama already and so he must be the one to end it as well.

Jimin cursed himself for acting all strong and bold, while in fact he was nothing but weak and scared.

"Relax, Chim. You will be fine", Taehyung's voice came through his earpiece suddenly.

"I... I am fine", Jimin whispered, biting his nails nervously.

"Calm down, Chim. There is nothing to be nervous about and we can abort this mission anytime you want", Taehyung said gently.

Jin watched the frown on Taehyung's face and rolled his eyes. He understood that Taehyung was only trying to help Jimin, but honestly, it could distract Jimin and startle him if he missed the timing. So, he placed his right hand on Taehyung's thigh and rendered him into a surprised silence.

"He will manage, don't worry", Jin said, squeezing Taehyung's thigh slightly.

Taehyung gulped, nodding dumbly, and before he could manage to say something, Jin pointed his pretty crooked index finger towards the café, gesturing Taehyung to listen, as the call for Jimin's order number echoed through the café's speaker.

Jimin stood up from his seat and walked to the counter. He received his drink with a small smile and turned around to come face to face with Jungkook. The glass of hot chocolate slipped through his fingers and shattered into pieces on the floor. Jungkook gasped, his eyes blown wide and lips parted in shock, while Jimin stood frozen on his spot. Time seemed to stop for both as they stood staring at each other.

"Are you okay, sir?", the girl from the counter ran towards them after recognizing Jungkook.

Jungkook took wide steps and walked past the girl to reach Jimin. But Jimin stepped back immediately before Jungkook could touch him. It was becoming much more difficult than he had anticipated. He had underestimated the effect Jungkook had over him. He trembled slightly as tears brimmed in his eyes. He pulled out a few bills from his pocket and shoved them to the girl.

"That's for the damage. I am so sorry", Jimin spoke fast and ran towards the door.

"Min... Minnie... stop... Taemin, stop... please...", Jungkook ran behind Jimin and caught him just outside the cafe.

Jimin struggled to free his hand from Jungkook's grip but the latter pulled him into a tight hug.

"Please don't run away... please...", Jungkook murmured, tightening his grip around Jimin's thin frame.

"Let... let me go... I... I shouldn't be here", Jimin pleaded, tears pouring down his cheeks and drenching his clothes.

"Ssshh... it's okay... it's okay, I am here now... We will talk this out... but please don't run away", Jungkook begged in return.

Jimin remained silent for a few seconds, before nodding slowly.

"Alright... I... I won't run away. Let me go... please, people are watching", Jimin said, looking around worried.

Jungkook pulled back from the hug and dragged Jimin back into the café.

"Two mugs of whatever he had ordered", Jungkook yelled to the girl behind the counter and sat at an empty table with Jimin.

"How are you?", Jungkook asked softly.

"I am fine", Jimin replied, hanging his head low.

"Won't you even look at me?", Jungkook asked sadly, "Don't I deserve an explanation?"

"I... I am sorry, Jungkook", Jimin said with a sniffle.

"What happened, Minnie? Why did you run away from the club that night? Do you even know how much I searched for you in New Zealand? I wasn't planning on returning until I found you. But my uncle forced me to come back here", Jungkook said, trying to reach for Jimin's hands on the table.

But Jimin pulled his hands back and placed them on his lap securely.

"Seriously? After all that happened between us, I am not even allowed to hold your hands now?", Jungkook asked, exasperated.

"I... I am so sorry", Jimin apologized again without raising his head.

"Stop fucking apologizing", Jungkook snapped, causing Jimin to flinch.

Jungkook gritted his teeth in frustration, but he had to stop his angry rant for a while as the waitress came over with two hot chocolates. He thanked the girl and moved one of the glasses towards Jimin. He waited till the girl reached the counter and narrowed his gaze at the boy, who was sniffling softly across the table.

"Look at me", Jungkook ordered in a stern voice, "I asked you to look at me".

Jimin raised his head timidly and Jungkook gaped at the tear stained face. He rounded the table and sat next to Jimin, taking his small hands into his hold forcibly.

"What happened, Min? Why are you crying?", Jungkook asked, patting Jimin's head tenderly.

Jimin shook his head and continued to shed silent tears.

"Alright, you need not tell me anything but please stop crying and do not apologize again", Jungkook said in a defeated tone.

He pulled out some tissues from the box and gave them to Jimin, who wiped off his tears and cleared his throat. With every passing second, the urge to hold and hug Jungkook was getting stronger for Jimin. He clenched his fists, trying to stop himself from touching and feeling the person whom he had fallen for. He realized that he had missed Jungkook more that he thought he did. But he couldn't do anything, not with Jin watching them from across the street.

"I... I need to go now", Jimin stuttered, getting up from the chair.

Jungkook placed some cash on the table and followed Jimin out of the cafe.

"I will drop you", he said, holding the cafe door open for Jimin.

"No, thank you. I can go by myself", Jimin replied, trying to walk away.

"Where are you staying here? Who are you staying with?", Jungkook took hold of Jimin's left hand and stopped him.

Jimin bit his lower lip and refused to answer Jungkook.

"At least give me your number", Jungkook pleaded desperately, "I know you are not using your number from New Zealand. I have tried that number at least a hundred times already"

Jimin shook his head again and tried to free his hand. But Jungkook glared at the younger and tightened his grip around Jimin's wrist.

"Jungkook, what are you doing? Please let me go", Jimin requested, squirming under Jungkook's piercing gaze.

"No... Not until you give me your number", Jungkook said, leaning casually against the glass window of the café.

"Please... please, Kookie hyung", Jimin pleaded nervously, while Jungkook raised his eyebrows, amused at the nickname.

"Glad to know that you still remember what we shared, Minnie. But I am not letting you go until you give me your number. So, go ahead and try as much as you want, I have all day to stand here, and it's nice holding your hand in a busy street", Jungkook winked, a smug smile dancing on his lips and his tongue poking the inner side of his right cheek, "you know... we make a cute pair, don't we?".

Jimin looked around horrified, to find many throwing curious glances at them.

"Hey, this is Lee Taemin, my boyfriend", Jungkook said causally to a passer-by.

"Stop it...", Jimin smacked Jungkook's chest.

"I will stop when you give me your number", Jungkook replied adamantly.

Jimin pouted, looking at Jungkook with pleading eyes, but Jungkook only pulled out his phone from his jacket pocket and waved it in front of Jimin's face.

"Why are you being so difficult now? Just give me your number and I will let you go", Jungkook said stubbornly.

"Alright, fine...", Jimin grumbled, opening his right hand palm hesitantly.

Jungkook unlocked his phone and placed it on Jimin's open palm, who typed his number and handed the phone back to Jungkook.

"Can I go now?", Jimin asked anxiously.

Jungkook shook his head and dialled the number that Jimin had typed in his phone. He waited for a few seconds, before glaring at Jimin.

"I knew it. I fucking expected this much from you, you cunning duckling!!", Jungkook exclaimed dramatically and shoved the phone back to Jimin.

"Your real number this time", he demanded strictly.

Jimin snatched the phone with a huff and typed the number again in Jungkook's phone. When he gave the phone back, Jungkook dialled the number again, looking doubtful.

"It's vibrating in my pocket", Jimin said, rolling his eyes.

"Show me and I will believe you", Jungkook shrugged.

"My phone is in my left back pocket and I can show you, only if you release my left hand", Jimin said, waving his right hand in front of Jungkook's face, "Can't reach it with my right hand".

"No problem, my left hand is long enough to reach it", Jungkook smirked.

Before Jimin could react, Jungkook wrapped his left hand around Jimin's waist and pulled the phone out of Jimin's back pocket, making the boy gasp in shock.

"Wowww.... never really appreciated my long hands until now", Jungkook whispered, slapping Jimin's butt with the phone.

"Jungkook...", Jimin shrieked in embarrassment.

"Where are your manners?", Jungkook knocked Jimin's forehead with the phone, "That's hyung for you"

Jimin scoffed and Jungkook laughed, checking his number in Jimin's phone before giving it back.

"Happy?", Jimin asked annoyed.

"Very much", Jungkook chuckled, releasing Jimin's hand and pinching his cheek.

Jimin swatted his hand away and pouted again.

"I will call you and you will answer my call, okay?", Jungkook asked, bending down to meet Jimin at his eye level.

Jimin nodded slowly and Jungkook smiled in satisfaction, before stepping back from Jimin's personal space.

"Good boy...", Jungkook ruffled his hair fondly, "Let's talk over phone then, okay? And don't you dare change your number. You are in Seoul now and trust me, I will hunt you down if needed"

Jimin blushed at Jungkook's warning and waved at him, before turning on his heel and running away.

Jungkook chuckled to himself and updated the contact 'My Duckling' with the new number that Jimin had given him.

Meanwhile, Taehyung put his car in gear and began driving towards the place where they had agreed to meet Jimin.

"Wowww... that was really amazing... I mean, the first ten seconds how Jimin reacted to Jungkook was out of this world. God!! I didn't know the kid could act this well. No wonder Jungkook is so whipped for him... That was really a fine act... had you not laughed, I would have brought my binoculars with me. I missed the front-row seat of Jimin's acting. Also, he...", Taehyung stopped talking, when he heard a soft whisper from Jin, "Hmmmm... what was that, baby?"

"It wasn't...", Jin whispered again.

"What isn't?", Taehyung asked confused.

"It wasn't an act", Jin answered with a heavy sigh and rested his head against the back rest of his seat.

Taehyung slowed down and looked at Jin in shock.

"He doesn't know to act...", Jin continued in a shaky voice, as a lone tear escaped through the side of his left eye, which he brushed aside furiously, "he hasn't learnt it yet".

Taehyung observed Jin's disturbed face for a few seconds before focusing on the road. After about five minutes of drive, he pulled over near Jimin, who was waiting for them a few bus stations away from the café.

"I guess I made an impression", Jimin mumbled after getting into the car.

Jimin knew that Jin would have witnessed everything. He braced himself to get an earful for letting Jungkook touch him and hug him, but all he received was a soft sigh from the elder.

"Yeah, you did. Good that you talked less today. Now you have things to discuss when you meet him again", Jin said without any expression, "We will discuss the rest later", he sighed and closed his eyes again.

Jimin blinked in confusion and nodded, before looking out of the window, while Taehyung looked at both the boys with a heavy heart.

'What are you doing to yourself, kids? Is this how you have been living all these years?', Taehyung thought sadly, as he began driving towards their condo.

******

AN: I am a sucker for nicknames, so suck it up you all... :) So, tadaa... finally our duckling met his Kookie hyung again!!  And just to clarify, Jimin is posing as Lee Taemin to con Jungkook.

Please do leave your votes and coments if you liked the chapter!! It would definitely motivate me a lot...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 3.1K 76
[Completed] Kim Taehyung, now model, five years ago was bullied by someone and was also in a physically toxic relationship with another. he fell in l...
165K 5.8K 21
Tae and Jimin's relationship was already close to its breaking point, with Taes habit of taking advantage of his vulnerable and insecure boyfriend...
14.7K 850 26
Jung Hoseokie is a rich and cold ceo she is not cold first she is cheerful and a sun after her parents dead she became cold about Min yoongi he is a...
7.1K 470 29
Min yoongi was living a peaceful live with his gang members until a certant boy changed everything.. Will he do something to stop the changes? Or wil...