Killing Me Softly โœ” โ€ขEddie Mu...

Von Stark_Oblivion

Harper O'Brian- The local Nerd/Emo/Freak or whatever the world called her to make itself happy had lived a pr... Mehr

๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ป๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ซ๐‘ผ๐‘ช๐‘ป๐‘ฐ๐‘ถ๐‘ต
๐‘ท๐‘ณ๐‘จ๐’€๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘บ๐‘ป
๐‘ฐ. ๐’•๐’๐’‘ ๐’ˆ๐’–๐’
๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’…&๐’…
๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’“๐’Š๐’…๐’† ๐’‰๐’๐’Ž๐’†
๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ. ๐’‚ ๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’Œ
๐‘ฝ. ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’š
๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ. ๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’… ๐’‡๐’†๐’†๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’”
๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’๐’—๐’†๐’“
๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’…๐’‚๐’„๐’‰๐’†๐’” & ๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’๐’–๐’„๐’Š๐’๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’”
๐‘ฐ๐‘ฟ. ๐’‰๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰ & ๐’‰๐’†๐’๐’๐’‡๐’Š๐’“๐’†
๐‘ฟ. ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’Š๐’๐’‚๐’ ๐’„๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‘๐’‚๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ. ๐’…๐’๐’„๐’•๐’๐’“ ๐’›๐’‰๐’Š๐’—๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’†๐’™๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ. ๐’˜๐’‚๐’”๐’‰๐’†๐’“
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฝ. ๐’‰๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’๐’˜
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ. ๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’‘๐’†๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’•๐’†๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’•๐’‰๐’š
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’—๐’Š๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž ๐’๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ๐’†๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’„๐’–๐’“๐’”๐’†๐’…
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฟ. ๐’˜๐’‚๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’•๐’†
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ. ๐’ˆ๐’–๐’š ๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’Œ๐’”
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’ˆ๐’–๐’๐’”
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ. ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฟ๐‘ฝ. ๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’“๐’š ๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ๐’”
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฟ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ. ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’„๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’†
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฟ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’‘๐’‰๐’‚๐’”๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฟ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’†๐’…๐’…๐’Š๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’“๐’‚๐’Š๐’”๐’†๐’…
๐‘ฟ๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฟ. ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’š๐’†๐’‚๐’“
{๐“๐ก๐š๐ง๐ค ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ}

๐‘ฟ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ. ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’‡๐’†๐’“ ๐’“๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ

114 7 0
Von Stark_Oblivion

•••

"Have you seen or heard from Eddie recently?" Dustin asked into the phone.

Harper overheard Max on the other side of the room, "Eddie Munson?"

"When was the last time you talked to him?"

"Yeah, seen him?"

Dustin let out a sigh, "Okay. Sorry to bother you."

"Know anyone who'd know where he is?" Max asked the person on the other side of the phone.

Robin picked up the phone she was using, "I really don't think he's at the arcade. Yep, I'm pretty sure."

Harper tapped her fingers against the counters nervously, what if the cops get to him first? They would jail him for something he didn't even do.

"Reefer Rick? No. Does this Reefer Rick have a last name? I mean, it's kind of..." Max walked back towards Dustin.

Steve walked by towards a woman, "All right, Doctor Zhivago." He held up a VHS in the air, "It's a double VHS. It's long. But that's because it's filled with action and romance, and a little bit of suspense."

"So, my boyfriend won't like, totally puke when I bring it home?" The woman asked.

Steve's face dropped, "Oh, you... your boyfriend?" Harper rolled her eyes before hopping over the counter and stepping in front of Steve.

"No ma'am, he's going to love it. The action in it is perfect for any man while the doomed romance caters more towards you or me." The woman smiled before handing the VHS to Harper.

"I'd love it then!" She said.

Harper grinned, sending a smirk to Steve before ushering the woman to follow her to the counter before ringing her up. After she was done she said bye and began walking out the door.

"See ya." She called.

Steve leaned against the door frame, "Yeah, see ya later." He watched her leave before awkwardly saying, "Alligator." He stepped inside the building, "Goddammit."

Max hung up the phone, "Hey guys, I might have a lead." Everyone turned around quickly and Harper hopped back over the counter.

"Seriously?" Dustin asked.

Max nodded, "Yeah. Apparently, Eddie gets drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick, and sometimes Eddie crashes there."

"That sounds promising." Robin started, "Where does this Reefer Rick guy live?"

Harper crossed her arms and leaned against the counter, hoping that he was there and safe.

"See, that's the thing. No one knows." Max explained, "He's more of a... legend than someone that people actually know."

Dustin spoke up, "What about a last name?"

"I don't know that either."

Steve was sorting some movies in a bin, "Bet the cops know the last name."

"What?" Harper asked, looking over at him.

"Cops." He turned around, "I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I can guarantee you he's been busted at some point." Everyone looked at him confused, "Means he's in the system."

Dustin rolled his eyes, "The cops?" He looked at the man as if he was crazy, "Really, Steve? That's your suggestion?"

"I mean, I just think they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on," Steve explained.

Harper turned around and pressed her hands against the counter, "You think Eddie's guilty? Don't you?" She asked.

"Woah. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional sh*t. I just, you know, don't think we can rule it out." He rubbed his hands together nervously.

Max shook her head, "That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve."

Dustin nodded, pointing toward Max, "And maybe we'd have a little bit more luck if you spent less time trying to find a girlfriend and more time trying to find Eddie."

"Well, somebody has to attend to the customers." Steve tried to defend himself.

Harper nodded, "Especially if they're babes right?" She asked sarcastically winking at the boy.

Steve leaned forward pointing a finger at her, "Hey, not fair. Okay? I attend to all customers equally, babes and non-babe alike." Dustin nodded sarcastically, "We've got a very big selection in here, okay? It can be super overwhelming for people."

"Yeah... it can be," Harper said before running over to the computer.

Max looked over at her, "What are you doing?"

Harper typed away at the computer, "Maybe we don't need a last name." She pulled up a list of active accounts under the name Rick, "Twelve Ricks have accounts here."

Steve, Robin, Max, and Dustin leaned over Harper's shoulder, "That's a lot of Ricks." Max breathed.

"So, let's narrow it down." She tapped a few more keys, "Rick Alderman's latest rentals are Annie and Dumbo. What are the chances our drug dealer has a family?" She asked.

Max shook her head, "Not likely."

"All right. Rick Conroy. Sixteen Candles, Teen Wolf, Romancing the Stone." Harper read the screen.

Everyone said no.

Harper moved on to the next one, "Okay, Rick Joiner. Mask, Footloose, and Grease."

Another chorus of no's.

"Rick Kimbrough. The Blue Lagoon and Splash." Harper chuckled.

"Definitely not." Max laughed as Harper moved on to the next one.

"Okay... Rick Lipton. Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Cheech & Chong's Next Movie. Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams. Cheech & Chong's Up in Smoke." She chuckled, this was the guy.

Dustin smiled, "Bingo."

"Lipton?" Max asked.

Robin nodded, standing up straight, "Spelled like the tea."

"2121 Holland Road." Harper read out.

Dustin spoke up, "That's out by Lover's lake."

"Middle of nowhere." Max continued.

Harper nodded, "It's the perfect place to hide."

The group of five waited for the last customer to leave before walking out the door, Robin turned the open sign to say 'closed' before locking the door and getting in Steve's car. The drive there was silent. Harper was sitting in the back seat with the two kids while Steve and Robin sat in the front. Harper's leg bounced nervously as she looked out the window. The trees grew taller and the sky grew darker as they got closer to Lover's lake. Needing a moment Harper slipped her headphones over her ears and rewinded the tape before pressing play on it. The familiar guitar sound calmed her down. She clutched her jeans, hoping that if Eddie was still there he would be safe.

Harper let out a breath accidentally bringing attention to herself, but she couldn't hear the others.

Dustin looked up at Steve and Robin, "What's up with Harper?" He asked. Steve and Robin shared a look.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked, taking a quick glance back at Harper before looking at the road again.

Dustin shrugged, "She wasn't acting like this during the campaign. She's skittish now... and who could listen to music at a time like this?" He asked

"Maybe it helps her calm down." Robin stated, "She hasn't told us anything."

Max glanced over at Harper, though Max didn't know Harper well she had seen her around enough to know something had changed. Her bubbly personality was replaced with nervousness, she looked paler and slightly more malnourished than normal. Music calmed her down. Max glanced down at the Walkman that she always wore wondering if there was a connection or if it was just a coincidence.

They pulled into a driveway, Harper pulled her headphones off and looked outside. It was dark now but she could make out the shape of a house and what seemed to be a boat shed. The group of five hopped out of the car and made their way up to the front door.

Dustin rang the doorbell.

Nothing.

He rang it again.

Nothing.

He pressed the doorbell button rapidly, trying to get a response.

"Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve said.

Dustin knocked on the door and began yelling, "Eddie! It's Dustin! Look we just wanna talk, okay?" Dustin kept yelling, "No cops, I swear. We just wanna help."

Harper rolled her eyes, "Shh!"

Dustin kept ringing the doorbell, "Rick! Reefer Rick!"

"Don't scream that." Steve smacked the back of Dustin's head.

"Rick!"

Harper rolled her eyes and grabbed Robin's flashlight, "Hey- I need that." Robin whined. Harper shrugged and walked down the stairs on the porch before shining her flashlight in the direction of the boathouse. She saw a shadow of something inside before it ducked down.

"Hey, guys?" Harper called out, not trying to be too loud. Everyone quickly followed her down the stairs. Pointing their flashlights in the same direction.

The group of five slowly and quietly made their way down to the boathouse. There was a small light on above the door, which would be odd since Rick wasn't here, so therefore there was probably someone in the boathouse. Harper went first, opening the door and peeking in.

"Hello?" Robin said from behind her, "Is anyone home?

Steve pointed his flashlight around the boathouse, "What a dump."

The only sounds that could be heard were footsteps and the floor creaking which made this whole situation feel even eerier. Steve turned off his flashlight and grabbed an oar off the wall he turned towards the boat and started poking at the tarp with the oar.

Dustin spun around, "What are you doing?" He asked, after not getting a response he asked again, "What are you doing?" He hissed.

"He might be in here," Steve said softly.

Harper rolled her eyes as he continued poking the tarp.

"So take the tarp off." Dustin deadpanned.

Steve gestured to the boat, "If you're so brave, you take the tarp off."

"Hey, look over here." Max called to Robin and Harper, "Someone was here." She picked up an empty cigarette box before putting it back down.

"Maybe he heard us, got spooked, and ran," Robin explained, earning a nod from Harper.

Dustin pulled their attention, "Don't worry. Steve will get him with his oar." He stated sarcastically causing Harper to chuckle.

"Ah, I know you think, you're being funny, Henderson, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times," Harper's eyes widened.

"We'll explain later." Robin nodded.

"Personally I don't find it funny in the slight--" Suddenly the tarp was lifted and Steve was pushed against the wall, "Wait, Wait! WAIT!"

Once Harper got a good look at who it was she saw Eddie, holding a broken bottle to Steve's neck.

"Woah! SH*T!" Harper exclaimed running over to the two boys, "Eddie! Calm down!"

"Eddie! Stop!" Dustin called causing the scared boy to look over at the group of them, "It's me. It's Dustin. And Harper's here too." He gestured to the girl next to him, Eddie's gaze turned to Harper and his expression softened, "This is Steve. He's not gonna hurt you, right Steve?" Eddie turned towards Steve.

"Right, yeah," Steve whispered, still clutching his oar tightly.

Dustin, had his hand outstretched, "Steve, why don't you drop the oar?" Steve listened and dropped the oar to the ground creating a loud noise, startling Eddie even more who just held the broken bottle closer to his neck.

"He's cool! He's cool." Dustin tried to bargain.

Steve nodded, "I'm cool, man. I'm cool... I'm friends with Harper?"

"What are you doing here?" Eddie asked generally.

Dustin took a step forward, "We're looking for you."

"We're here to help." Harper breathed. Eddie glanced over at her.

"Eddie." Dustin started, "These are my friends. You know Robin, from band." Robin nervously imitated playing the clarinet. Dustin then turned to Max, "And this is my friend Max. The one who never wants to play D&D." He paused and Max gave a little wave, "Eddie, we're on your side. I swear on my mother. Right, guys?"

Max nodded, "Yes, yes. We swear."

"On Dustin's mother," Robin answered.

Steve agreed, "Yeah, Dustin's... Dustin's mother." Eddie nervously glanced over at Harper.

"Eddie, we are only here to help." She breathed.

The boy looked down at the bottle against Steve's neck, wondering if he could trust them or not. He pulled away slowly and walked over to one of the walls before leaning against it and sitting down. While the others attended to Steve, Dustin and Harper made their way over to Eddie.

Dustin kneeled down in front of Eddie to get on his level, "Eddie. We just want to talk." He explained, reaching his hand out towards the bottle in Eddie's hand to try and take it away. Eddie pulled his hand back, not wanting to lose his only form of defense. He was skittish, it was clear that whatever he had seen had given him a real shock, "Okay?" The others started walking toward them and Dustin held out his hand, stopping their movement.

Harper kneeled down in front of him and placed her hand on his knee, he flinched at first but quickly found comfort in her action, "We want to know what happened."

Eddie sniffled and shook his head, "You won't believe me." His voice cracked.

"Try us," Max said. Harper glanced over at her confused, maybe what they knew could explain everything here, and could help her explain the thing that happened with her D&D thing last year. Eddie's eyebrows upturned as he looked up at the group he then turned to Harper who sent him a small nod indicating that it was alright.

•••

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

39.4K 1.2K 23
๐Ÿฆ‡๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿป โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐š‚๐šƒ! โ”Šอ™ ใƒป... หห‹ ห–*ยฐเฟ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐‚๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ โŒ—โŒ— หš เผ˜โ™ก ยทหš โ‚Šหšห‘เผ„ุ˜ ๐ˆ๐Œ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ...
639 12 9
It wasn't supposed to happen like this. She was the new kid. She knew nothing about the dangers lurking with the small town of Hawkins. And yet she w...
33 0 10
When Diana Henderson gets dragged into one of her brother's crazy adventures. She learns she knew absolutely nothing an about the world around her. B...
5.8K 119 27
"we're just two people who need ๐‘ช๐‘ณ๐‘ถ๐‘บ๐‘ผ๐‘น๐‘ฌ, nothing more, nothing less. got it?" it hurt shutting him down, but he needed to stay safe, and this...