His Red, Her Blue || Max Mayf...

By Hyperactiveguy

"I like talking to you red" "I like talking to you too blue" - Stranger Things Max Mayfield x male!oc Seasons... More

Intro
MadMax
Trick or Treat, Freak
The Pollywog
Will the Wise
Dig Dug
The Spy
The Mind Flayer
The Gate
Season 3
The Mall Rats
The Case Of The Missing Lifeguard.
The Sauna Test
The Flayed
E Pluribus Unum
The Bite
The Battle of Starcourt
The Break-Up
Season 4 Vol 1
The Hellfire Club
Vecna's Curse
The Monster and The Superhero
Dear Billy
The Night-Shifts
The Nina Project
The Dive
The Massacre at Hawkins Lab
Season 4 Vol 2
Zero
Papa
The Piggyback
The Knight

Suzie, Do You Copy?

4.4K 97 32
By Hyperactiveguy

 "You have an obsession" Cal said smiling while he sat on his bed looking over at Max, who was currently scurrying through his closet. Max looked over her shoulder at Cal.

"I do not." Max responded before she went back to looking through the closet.

"Yeah you do. Every time you're over here, you always steal one of my clothes." Cal teased her, a playful grin growing on his face.

"Well, you shouldn't have such amazing clothes." Max said, looking over her shoulder at him before turning back to the closet. Her eyes widened as she smiled before she pulled out Cal's blue zip-up Jacket.

"Oh, so you're gonna take my jacket this time instead?" Cal asked.

"Maybe." Max answered, an innocent smile on her face, as she shrugged.

Cal smiled softly at her. "It amazes me that you can go from being a total badass one minute and then a complete softy the next. It's like your superpower." Cal joked as Max rolled her eyes 

"Yeah, well..." Max trailed off, trying to think of a retort,  "You're an idiot." She told him, causing Cal to laugh.

"Yeah, but I'm your idiot." Cal said, pulling the girl into a hug. Max softly sighed and hugged him back. The two stayed in that moment before Cal had an idea.

Cal let go of the hug and pushed Max on her back on the bed. Max let out a surprised yelp as the boy laughed at her reaction.

He then got on top of her and put his hands on the sides of her head. Cal watched as Max's face started turning red.

"Hey there." Cal said, staring into her eyes.

"Hi." Max responded, trying to keep her cool.

Max looked at Cal in the eyes before looking at his lips.

Cal smiled as Max grabbed his collar and pulled him into a soft kiss. The two smiled as they continued to slowly kiss. Call slowly pulled away and looked down at the girl.

"Never gets old." He said, still smiling.

"It never does." The girl agreed before pushing Cal onto his back and getting on top of him. She cupped his face and started kissing him all over, earning small laughs from the boy.

"W-Wait, what are you doing? S-Stop!" Cal spoke through laughs. Max smiled at his reaction before giving him a few more and one final one on his lips,

"I'm the one in charge here, got it?" Max asked confidently.

"Ma'am yes ma'am" Cal responded, jokingly giving the redhead a salute.

Max, satisfied with the answer she got, laid against his chest and Cal quickly wrapped his arms around her gently as they both layed there.

Cal turned to his right and looked over at his clock and his eyes widened. "Holy shit it's 5:30! We need to be at the mall at 6!" Cal remembered, gently pushing Max off of him.

Max jumped off the bed and ran over to Cal's closet. "Shit, I completely forgot... Do you know where my clothes are?" Max asked. Cal ran up to her and showed her her side of the closet.

"You have a whole section of clothes in here. How do you keep forgetting?" Cal asked while Max grabbed her clothes.

"I don't know, now get out I'm getting changed."

"This is my room."

"Don't care, out" Max said, pushing Cal out of the room and closing the door behind him. Cal sighed and ran to the bathroom and got dressed.

After he finished, he went downstairs and waited for Max. Soon Max walked down the stairs wearing a striped shirt with a red cover up and jean shorts.

"Ready to go?" Cal asked. Max nodded, grabbing his hand and walking out. They grabbed their skateboards and made their way to the new Mall.

Yep, before the summer started, a new mall had opened up called Starcourt. It was the party's favourite place to go, especially since Steve worked there. He worked at Scoops Ahoy and let them sneak out the back to get into movies for free.

Now Cal loved when it was just him and Max by themselves, but he also loved hanging out with his friends and so did Max. They both made sure to never be like Mike and El. They would always ditch their friends to 'hang out'. Cal loved El, she was like a sister to him, but found their actions really annoying. He blamed Mike, who pretty much wouldn't allow her anywhere without him.

Cal had been trying to have El and Max hang out together for the whole summer, but everytime he tried, Mike was always there and always denied hanging out for her. At first Cal was fine with, understanding that Mike hadn't seen El for almost a year and wanting to give the two the chance to catch up, but when Mike kept on denying to hangout for El, it really pissed Cal off. Though he did get some time with El to practice their powers together, but that was it.

After skating for 15 minutes, the two arrived at the mall. Cal picked up his skateboard and looked around for his friends, not being able to find them.

"Did we make it on time?" Max asked, grabbing Cal's hand. Cal nodded, "Yeah we're 15 minutes early... they must be here somew-" Cal was cut off by a yell.

"There's the lovebirds!" Lucas yelled. Cal turned around to see him and Will waving the couple over.

Cal and Max made their way over to the two.

"Sorry we took so long" Cal hugged Lucas and then made his way over to Will and hugged him as well. "Is Mike here yet?" Cal asked the two.

Lucas shook his head, answering Cal's question. Cal let out a groan along with Max. "Welp, time to play the waiting game I guess," Cal said, leaning against the wall and resting his head on Max's shoulder.

At around 6:10 Mike decided to finally show up. The group gave him a death glare as he made his way over to them.

"Look who finally decides to show up." Cal said annoyed, getting up from the wall while grabbing Max's hand.

"Sorry! Let's just go." Mike said as they all made their way through the crowd of people.

"We're gonna miss the opening." Lucas scoffed.

"Yeah, if you keep whining about it. Let's go!" Mike said, rolling his eyes, as the group speed walked towards the escalator.

"If you guys keep whining about it. Let's go!" Lucas repeated, mocking Mike.

"Just please stop talking, dude."

"Let me guess, you were busy..." Lucas trailed off as he pretended to kiss the air.

"Lucas, I love ya man, but please don't put the image of my sister and Mike kissing in my head." Cal groaned out playfully. The group, except Mike, all chuckled at his response.

"Real mature guys." Mike said as he turned around and faced Lucas and Cal, giving them a look. Cal snorted at his reaction, it was always funny messing with Mike.

"Oh El, I wish we could make out forever and never hang out with any of our friends!" Lucas said, impersonating Mike. Cal let out a laugh at the boy's terrible impression as Will joined him in laughing.

"Lucas, cut it out." Max said, holding in her laughs from Cal.

"Those two think it's funny." Lucas looked back to Cal and Will, who were still laughing.

"Because it is."

"What Will said."

"Yeah, it's so funny that I want to spend romantic time with my girlfriend." Mike said, the group arriving at the escalator.

"Nope, you can't use that excuse cause I'm spending romantic time with my girlfriend, and it's not filled with making out." Cal laughed out as he held Max's hand. Mike ignored him as the group pushed through everyone down the escalator.

"Hey!"

"Excuse us!"

"Sorry! Sorry!"

"Excuse me."

"Sorry."

"Watch it!"

"Yeah, watch it nerd!" Cal looked over to see Erica Sinclair, Lucas' younger sister. He smirked at what was about to happen.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?" Lucas snapped back.

"Isn't it time you died?" Erica said, causing chuckles from her group and some from Cal.

"Psycho!"

"Butthead!"

"Mall rat!"

"Fart face!"

Lucas then decided to spit raspberries at the young girl, causing Max and Cal to jerk him into Scoops Ahoy. "Oh, now that was mature." Max said, rolling her eyes. Cal was still chuckling at the interaction.

The group reached the counter to see Steve's co-worker, Robin Buckley. Cal had gotten to know her when Steve started to work and the two instantly bonded over many things, mostly over teasing Steve.

Mike started to ring the bell on the counter repeatedly. Robin looked at the group and smiled when spotting Cal, but it dropped as Mike wouldn't stop ringing the bell, "Hey dingus, your children are here!"

Steve opened the half doors behind the counter, rolling his eyes, "Again? Seriously?" He asked. Cal gave a pleading look to his older brother.

"Come on, come on" Steve said, pushing them down the hallways. Cal quickly gave Steve a small hug, "Thanks Steve, I'll see you later."

"Alright, go have fun" Steve said, ruffling the boy's hair as he let go of the hug and ran back to Max's side.

"And remember if anybody hears about this-"

"We're dead!"

The kids sneaked their way into the movie theater playing Day of the Dead. The group found 5 seats in the middle. Cal sat in front with Max while the other three sat in behind them.

"See lucas? We made it." Mike whispered.

"We missed the previews."

"We still made it at least." Cal said to Lucas.

"Yeah Fart face." Max teased Lucas before Cal handed her skittles.

"The fair lady's skittles," Cal said in a posh accent that made Max giggle. Cal wrapped his arm around her as Max laid snuggled in closer to him.

As the movie started, it faded away from the screen. The room now pitch black as everyone in the theater groaned.

"Seriously?" Cal asked.

"What's going on? Was there seriously a black?" Max questioned. Before Cal could answer, the lights turned back on and the movie continued.

"I guess so." He said as he and Max relaxed back into their original position, not noticing the terrified expression on Will's face behind them.

Cal woke up the next day in a hurry. Dustin was coming back from his science camp today. He quickly got dressed in casual clothing and made his way downstairs to find Steve about to leave for work, "You're up early."

"Dustin's coming back today, we planned a surprise for him" Cal said excitedly, "Also I'm staying at Max's place tonight, so don't wait up."

"Alright, just be careful of the dickhead okay?" Steve asked, referring to Billy.

"Don't worry, he doesn't mess with us anymore. See you later Steve." Cal said, hopping on his skateboard and skated to Dustin's house.

When Cal got to Dustin's place, he hid his skateboard and rushed inside finding his friends waiting. He walked up to Max and gave her a forehead kiss, "Hey Red."

"Hey Blue."

"So is everything set up? Dustin is gonna be here soon?" Cal asked, pulling Max into a side hug.

"Yep, all we need now is Dustin." Mike said as El attached herself to him. Cal looked over at her and gave her a smile and wave, which she returned.

A click from the garage door caught everyone's attention as they quickly hid behind the wall.

The door opened as Dustin walked in, "This is such bullshit." Dustin muttered.

"Now." Mike whispered to El and Cal, who closed their eyes and focused on the toys making them move and beep.

The group slowly snuck up behind Dustin, holding the 'Welcome Home Dustin!' poster. Cal looked to the others and mouthed 'One, two, three'

"Surprise!" They all yelled. Dustin darted around and screamed. He held out his hair spray and sprayed right into Lucas's eyes, causing him to scream.

Lucas was leaning over the sink as water streamed into his eyes. He stood up and looked over at Max and Cal, both wanting to make sure their friend was alright.

"Better?" Cal asked.

"Still stings." Lucas mumbled, blinking rapidly before opening his eyes all the way. "Is that a new zit?" Cal looked at him shocked while Max looked pissed.

"What is wrong with you?" Max asked before shoving his head back into the stream, causing Lucas to scream out in pain.

Cal walked over to Max and gently cupped her face and inspected her, "Lucas you must be blind, she looks perfect." Cal said, gaining a blush from the red-haired girl."

"Wait so her name is Suzie?" Cal heard Mike ask down the hallway.

"Suzie with a z. She's from Utah."

"Girls go to science camp?" Will asked

"Suzie does. She's a genius."

"Is she cute?"

"Think Phoebe Cates, only hotter." Responded Dustin.

"What's going on?" Max asked as Cal pulled Lucas' head from the sink and gave him a towel to dry it.

"We're going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend." Will answered Max. Cal, Max and Lucas looked at each other shocked.

"Girlfriend?!" The trio called out, sprinting after the group.

"Aren't we high enough?" Cal called out. The group were walking up a steep hill to contact Suzie. Cal wiped sweat off of his forehead and looked over at Max, who looked just as exhausted as him.

"Cerebro works best at a hundred meters." Dustin explained, looking back at Cal with an excited smile. Cal had to be honest, he was happy Dustin met someone special.

"You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones!" Cal called out causing Max to stifle a laugh.

"Yeah, but Suzie's Mormon"

"Oh shit, she doesn't have electricity?" Lucas asked.

"That's the Amish." Max answered with a grin, catching Cal who almost fell over from laughing.

"What are Mormon?" Will asked

"To put it simply, Super religious white people." Cal said as the group except Mike and El who were trailing behind in their own world, laughed together.

"They have electricity and cars and stuff... but since I'm not Mormon her parents would never approve." Dustin explained, "it's all a bit... Shakespearean.

"Shakespearen?"

"Yep, star-crossed lovers."

"Nice dude." Cal complimented the boy.

"Hey guys!" Mike yelled, causing everyone to turn and face him and El. "This is fun and all, but, uh..." He pointed towards his watch.

"I have to go home." El said. Cal frowned almost instantly.

"We're almost there." Dustin said, motioning behind him to the top of the hill.

"Sorry man, Curfew." Mike said, grabbing El's hand, "Com on, Let's go." The couple started to make their way down the hill.

"Good luck." Elevn said as she ran behind Mike.

"Curfew at 4:00?" Dustin asked. Cal scoffed as he watched the two leave.

"They're lying." Cal said.

"It's been like this all summer." Will mumbled.

"It's romantic." Max said, though she didn't sound very convinced herself.

"It's gross."

"It's stupid."

"It's bullshit. I just got home... Well their loss right? Onwards and upwards! Suzie awaits!" Dustin exclaimed.

The group groaned as they made it to the top of the hill, throwing the heavy bags to the ground.

"We made it!" Dustin said, looking proud.

"Why couldn't we just play D&D?" Will asked out of breath.

Cal quickly grabbed the bottle of water and started to drink it. He finished halfway and tossed it over to Max, who was eyeing him to make sure he didn't drink all of it, "Here you go Red."

"Thanks Blue. Thought you were gonna drink the whole thing." Max caught the bottle and quickly drank the rest, "Now let's get to building this thing" She said, pulling out the supplies along with the others.

With everyone helping to build it, and the use of Cal's powers here and there, the group finished it in about 20 minutes.

"Pretty impressive right? Now, ready to meet my love?" Dustin asked, receiving eager nods from everyone.

"Suzie, this is Dustin. Do you copy? Over." Dustin said into the mic, but only got static in response, "Suzie, Do you copy? This is Dustin, over." Dustin repeated.

Everyone waited as static came from the radio.

"Suzie! This is Dustin, do you copy over? Dustin spoke into the mic as everyone was laying on the ground.

"Dustin, come on! She's not there!" Max spoke up.

"She's there, alright? She'll pick up."

"Maybe cerebro doesn't work" Will suggested.

"Or maybe Suzie doesn't exist!" Lucas said.

"She does exist! Why would I lie about this?" Dustin asked, offended by his friend.

"She's a genius and she's hotter than phoebe cates? No girl is that perfect."

Cal looked at Lucas like he's and idiot, "Lucas how can you say that when right here, this..." Cal motined to Max, who was lying next to him. "...exists. Like, have you seen her?" Cal finished, earning a playful eye roll from Lucas.

"Oh shut up" Max said, playfully punching his shoulder while a heavy blush rushed across her face.

"Anyways, It's getting late Dust." Cal said, grabbing his backpack and helping Max to her feet.

Cal walked over to Dustin and pulled him into a hug, "I believe you, I really do, and I'm really happy you were able to find someone who loves you for you." Cal said, pulling away from the hug.

"We'll see you guys later, Come on Max." Cal grabbed Max's hand as they both waved goodbye to the party before walking down the hill.

"So your place tonight?" Cal asked.

"Yep." Max replied, getting on her skateboard before looking back at him with a smirk. "Race you there!" She shouted as she left Cal in the dust.

"Wha- Hey! No fair!" Cal yelled at her, skating after Max towards her house. When they made it to the house, they quickly got changed into some sleepwear and cuddled up together and fell asleep, unaware of the events that tomorrow would bring.

To be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 186 30
──⠀Ϋͺ β™‘ Ϋ« 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡: You never thought you'd find love until, you met him. Max mayfield, he was everything you wanted in a guy. 𝖬𝖺𝗅𝖾!𝖬𝖺�...
116K 3.5K 38
"why are you looking down all the wrong roads? when mine is the heart and salt of the soul?" "they'll never love you like i can..." m!oc x nancy whee...
59.2K 1.1K 27
[Max Mayfield x fem!reader.] Y/n Harrington. Season 3: Done. Season 4: Done. started: 21/06/2022 finished: 19/07/2022 English is not my first langu...