I'm Not That Girl // A. Bridg...

Por haleystagner89

Lady Alina Bridgerton is starting her first season with new husbands family but with Lady Whistledown keeping... Más

Cast
Playlist
Part I
Lady Alina Bridgerton
Diamond of the First Water
Diamond of the First Water II
Diamond of the First Water III
Shock and Delight
Shock and Delight II
Art of the Swoon
An Affair of Honor
Part Two
The Duke and I
Swish
Oceans Apart
Oceans Apart II
After the Rain
After the Rain II
Heart Stopping
Little Cries
Fin
Sick - Not An Update
Season Two Cast
Part Three
The Letter
Capital R Rake
Capital R Rake II
Off to the Races
(BONUS CHAPTER)
Off to the Races II
Not forgotten/Chapter Coming Soon
A Bee in Your Bonnet II
A Bee in Your Bonnet III
Victory
Victory II
Part Four
An Unthinkable Fate
An Unthinkable Fate II

A Bee in Your Bonnet

6.1K 171 22
Por haleystagner89

Ten Years Earlier....

"...Don't leave me, even for an hour, because

Then the little drops of anguish will all run together

The smoke that roams looking for a home will drift

Into me, choking my lost heart.." Alina held her arms out to her side as she carefully balanced on the white fence. She had been left to her own once again and after she had gotten away from her governess she grabbed her mother's book and made her way out to the fields where she could feel the sun and breeze. Hearing a snort to her left Alina turned to her noble steed who walked along the fence line, almost as if to guide the young girl. "What do you think Philomina? Do you think I will find a love like this? Javi told me that mama and papa used to have a love so strong that this book was made for them." The palomino mare shook her mane with another snort in response.

"Miss Alina!" The girl turned her head up and glanced behind her to see her father's assistant running as fast as he could over to her. His crystal blue eyes wide with the fear of her falling from the fence. "Miss Alina, please get down, you could hurt yourself!" He scolded. Thomas Avila came to a stop before her huffing out of breath, his once impeccable attire now disheveled as he ran his hands through his short hair.

"I am perfectly safe! See?" Alina grinned as she slightly danced back and forth on the wooden beam. Thomas moved forward with his hands up once he saw her start to move the fence.

"Alright, okay. You've had your fun just please...sit down at least?" Alina rolled her eyes but did as she was told and sat on the fence. Alina placed her mother's book in her lap and pushed her loose bangs behind her ear.

"Can I ask you something, Tommy?" She asked gently as she watched a bee gently fly from flower to flower a short distance from where she now rested.

"I don't see why not." Alina fell silent as the same bee made its way over to the bottom of the fence and made its way to the flowers that were printed on to her dress. The hem of her dress has already been dirtied but the soft blue and yellow swirls of color brought out the feel of the spring around them in Valencia. Alina kept her eyes trained on the bee and watched as it crawled around her dress, trying to find its next source of pollen with no such luck.

"Did I really kill, mama?" She asked in a soft voice. Thomas looked up at the young girl, surprised by such a turn of topic. "Papa says that no one will ever be able to love me...because I'm a killer. That they can see it in me-"

"Miss Alina..."

"Just don't lie to me, Tommy. Please?" Thomas stared at the young girl, he couldn't help the pity that filled him as he took in everything she had said. It was no secret that Lord Javalera held no love for his children after his wife had passed. Thomas had grown up around the family and as he was just a two years younger than Javier he could see just how much both of the children had been suffering. Thomas moved forward and gently grabbed Alina's hand.

"You are not a killer, Alina. You are bright, and loving, and caring and have the biggest heart I have ever seen. One day you will find someone who will spend the rest of their life showing you just how much they love you. Just remember that you cannot show someone your best without allowing them to see your worst. The right person will love every side of you, but you are no killer Alina."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

We all know the great lengths a young lady will go in pursuit of a proposal. And apparently she will travel great distances too. Lord Javier Javalera appears to be inching ever so closer to selecting his baroness and to that end has invited our diamond to join him for an excursion at the Bridgerton ancestral home, Aubrey Hall. Country air indeed clears the mind and invigorates the body. Might this be the final gust that pushes the baron over the precipice of a proposal? Of course, the luckless souls remaining in town will have to find new diversions in the absence of their most precious of stones.

The entire Bridgerton family had gathered in the drawing room of Aubrey Hall, which Alina had never been happier for. She enjoyed her time in the city, of course, but there was always something so calming and freeing in the country. Aubrey Hall was absolutely breathtaking and the grounds so well taken care of she felt as if she could get lost for hours in the fields and breathing the freshest of air. Alina smiled as she held Edmund in her arms and bounced him playfully causing the room to fill with his squeals and laughter as she took a seat across from Violet. "Do you think he is old enough for his first sweet?" Alina asked the older woman.

"What do you mean, he's had plenty." Benedict stated turning from the window. Alina raised a brow and stared at him. Benedict looked to his brother's for help, knowing full well it was he and Colin who had snuck the little one a sweet or two while they were left to watch him for a few moments.

"I have never given him any? Who has?" Before she could receive an answer the door to the drawing room opened causing Hyacinth to gasp.

"Sister!" The youngest shouted as Daphne proudly walked in.

"Oh I am so pleased you were able to come." Violet greeted as she stood to greet her eldest daughter. Alina stood and waited her turn to greet the duchess.

"As if I would allow dear Augie to miss out on watching his mother win this little family tradition." Anthony stood beside Alina and placed a gentle hand on her lower back. "Second year in a row, if I might add."

"Charming words from a duchess." Said Benedict.

"A duchess who is still a Bridgerton." Daphne fired back.

"Oh, come and see the baby Eloise." Francesca called to the other side of the room. Eloise sat up and finally placed her book in her lap.

"Why? Has he changed since I saw him last?" Eloise asked without much thought causing her family to sigh.

"He's grown at least an inch, haven't you?" Violet happily took her grandson from Daphne and walked him over to Eloise who stood completely still and kept the baby at arms length from her body. Alina's eyes moved back to the door as Marie stood and held something tightly in her hands with a prominent crest stamped on the back.

"Can you take Edmund?" Alina asked as she turned to Anthony.

"Of course, everything alright?" He asked as he gently pulled his son out of her arms.

"Yes, fine. I will meet you all out in the garden." Without waiting another moment Alina swiftly left the room without notice from the rest of the Bridgerton family. She could feel her heart pounding and it only seemed to get louder with each step and could have been made out of the heaviest metals. Making it into Anthony's office, Alina shut the door behind her and sat behind her husband's desk and as she took a deep breath looked down to the letter and flipped it over to stare at her father's wax seal. 'I can do this...' She thought, her hands shaking slightly as she broke the seal and after taking another breath she began to read her father's perfected writing.

Viscountess Bridgerton,

                I believe congratulations are in order as the news of her sister-in-law's marriage to the Duke of Hastings has reached the ears of Spain. However I must say, I am quite distressed to not have received an invitation to the Bridgerton Ball as now I have taken matters into my own hands as I am to meet Javier's new bride.

Baron of Valencia
Bruno Javalera

Alina felt as if the air had been forced from her body and her heart dropped to the floor. She had been used to his formal tone as she had known nothing of loving words until she had married Anthony but what shocked her to her bones was that he was coming.

"My love, Lady Danbury is arriving." Anthony announced as he pushed through the doorway, however he stopped short seeing his wife's face pale and worried demeanor. "Are you alright?" He asked gently, shifting Edmund in his arms. Alina quickly blinked and shook her head as she tried to return to the present.

"What? Oh, yes." Alina stood and placed the letter on the side of the desk in hopes of returning to get it at a later time. Alina reached forward to grab her son but Anthony gently halted her as worry filled his own features.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly, his eyes roaming her face for any answer. Alina shook her head.

"Nothing, we will talk about it later." Alina stood on her toes and kissed his cheek before pulling Edmund into her hold, who clung to her and rested his head on her shoulder. "Let's not keep everyone waiting." Anthony knew better than to push her before she was ready but as he followed her behind the rest of his family and Javier who had arrived just a few moments before the Sharma sisters, he continued to glance Alina's way, afraid that she would fall apart at any moment.

"Now, the only reason to endure such a journey is to see my great-godson." Lady Danbury stated as she emerged from the carriage as the Bridgerton family made their way closer. Violet happily handed Augie over to Lady Danbury who was nothing but smiles.

"Well, it is a joy to see you as well, Lady Danbury." Daphne greeted. Alina moved forward as Violet greeted the Sharmas.

"Lady Mary. So pleased to have you. This is Alina, and my grandson Edmund."

"Lovely to meet you, Mrs. Sharma." Alina stated with a welcoming smile, Anthony was impressed by how well she could hide how she was truly feeling, if he hadn't seen her moments ago he would have been fooled into thinking nothing was wrong.

"Thank you for having us. This is my daughter Edwina, you remember."

"Lovely to see you again." Alina smiled warmly at the young girl, picking up on her nerves.

"And , of course, Kate, my eldest." Javier stayed at the top of the steps watching everyone becoming friendly until Kate moved a little further away from the others with a soft smile on her lips as she took in the manor.

"Ah, you're smiling." Javier teased as he finally stepped down from the entrance and in her direction. Kate simply sighed and her smile dropped at the sight of him. "I see my plan to win you over is already working."

"I was smiling at the view, which you are now blocking." Javier glanced down as a footman moved closer and playful bark was heard.

"Oh, you brought your dog."

"Yes, Newton is an excellent judge of character." Javier began to bend to pet the animal who in return barked. "Oh. See?"

"Mark my words, Miss Sharma. By the end of your stay, your opinion of me will be uch improved. As will his." Javier stated looking down at the little corgi who simply growled in return.

"I did not think you such an optimist.Since your schemes to manipulate me are now out in the open, I suppose it would be an improvement, indeed.

"I see we meet once again, Miss Sharma." Alina announced as she came to stand beside her brother.

"You two have met?" Javier asked, glancing between the women.

"Indeed, we met during the last soiree Lady Danbury held. I believe you are familiar with such an event, brother?" Javier cleared his throat at the teasing tone however, before he could respond Violet spoke up.

"Well, now, you must be weary from your travels. Mrs. Wilson, please show our guests to their rooms so they might get refreshed." Soon enough everyone quickly began to file inside.

"And ready for battle." Eloise teased.

"Indeed." Daphne agreed. Kate, who took to walking beside Alina, looked between the sisters.

"What do you mean?" She asked with a smile.

"Do not mind Eloise. She is always so spirited in the country." Violet declared pushing her daughter further up the steps.

"As am I." Alina declared, earning a playful grin from Eloise.

"Then we have that in common." Kate joined in. Javier carefully grabbed Alina by the arm, halting her from continuing.

"Sister."

"Brother." Alina stated keeping her gaze leveled with his, already knowing having a feeling as to what he wanted.

"I believe there is something I shall be needing now." Alina didn't respond as continued to look at her brother. Finally after a beat of silence she sighed and turned to Marie who had been waiting to the side.

"Please lay him down for a nap." Marie nodded and happily took a sleepy Edmund from his mother and headed inside. "Come on." Aline said over her shoulder as she continued up the steps. The siblings made their way through the manor silently and once Alina reached her room she swiftly made her way to her vanity and opened the drawer and reached out for the last piece of her mother that she had. After a beat she turned and handed her brother the small ring box. "So, you're quite set on your decision, then, I take it?" She asked softly as she watched Javier gently open the heart shaped box. Revealing the beautiful ring inside.

"I believe I made my intentions clear." He said simply.

"Still, you must know there is no need to hurry such a momentous occasion, Javi. The Sharmas have barely unpacked their things. You should take the opportunity to get to know one another." Javier continued to look at the piece of jewelry still nestled within the velvet. He could still remember his mother wearing the said ring and the last time he saw it.

"Unnecessary. Miss Edwina will make the perfect baroness, to be sure." Alina looked to her feet and then out the window. Both siblings each lost to their own thoughts.

"He is on his way to meet her." Alina said softly, finally turning back to look at her brother. Javier knew exactly who she was referring to but kept quiet as he knew she wasn't finished. "I received a letter today informing me that he will be attending the Ball here at Aubrey Hall. He wishes to meet the woman you intend to marry."

"Alina-."

"If you care about Miss Edwina at all you will warn her, Javi. You know what he is like and what he might say."

"I know." Javier sighed and he could feel guilt begin to build within his chest, knowing that he should have warned his sister about the letter he had received at the beginning of the season. About his father's demands, why he started this dreadful mission to find a wife but even now as he stood before her, he still couldn't bring himself to say anything about it. "If he's coming then he will bring Thomas." Alina closed her eyes and sighed.

"I know."

"Perhaps you should warn Anthony." He knew it was a cheap shot but the guilt in his body forced the words out of his mouth. Alina stared at him as if he had slapped her. With a humorless laugh, Alina turned and left the room leaving him to stand alone with his thoughts.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

"Are you sure you do not wish to play, darling?" Anthony asked as he  pulled his wife into his arms, feeling no shame in showing his affection around his family who had grown quite used to the displays. 

"I'm quite sure. I am not feeling the best and I would be a poor opponent. However, with Javier taking my place, you'll have just as much fun." Alina promised with a small smile. Anthony kissed her forehead as his siblings began to gather around. Alina turned and wrapped her arms around Anthony, surprising the man but he wrapped his left around her without a thought. 

"Let us toss a coin." Colin exclaimed once everyone gathered. 

"Last year, we promised to let the youngest pick first." Eloise argued however Anthony quickly butted into the argument. 

"We pick based on alphabetical order." The three continued to picker and Alina couldn't help the small smile that pulled at her lips, already feeling the stress and hurt from her conversation with Javier slowly melting away. 

"Everyone, please, now." Alina finally detached herself from Anthony and announced. The only fair thing to do is to let our invited guests choose the mallets and strike first." Anthony nodded and motioned for the Sharma girls. 

"Please, take your pick." Edwina looked to her sister before stepping forward to the mallets before pointing to a blue one. 

"An excellent choice." Javier praised as he stepped forward and pulled out the weapon of choice and handed it to her. Kate moved forward and swiftly pulled out the black mallet without delay. 

"The mallet of death." Eloise muttered as she looked between Javier and Anthony, the memory of last summer flashing in her mind at the death battle between Anthony and Javier which hadn't ended well for either of them. 

"Would you look at that?" Benedict teased with a large grin looking at the two men. 

"Is this yours?" Kate asked, mostly looking at Javier, who was swaying side to side with his arms crossed. 

"Not at all. You're welcome to it." Anthony responded, however, not happy about it much to the enjoyment of Alina. 

"Anthony threatened to beat me last time I touched-

"You exaggerate." Anthony caught Colin off with a glare. "Besides, Javier had won it fair enough." 

"Fair enough?" Javier asked, offendedly turning to the viscount. "I wasn't the one who used dirty tricks to steal it back. 

"Frustrated brother? I know some men cannot perform without their familiar tools." Alina said with a mocking grin toward Javier.

"Like a child with a blanket." Kate added, causing the siblings around them to chuckle. Javier cleared his throat, annoyed about both women ganging up on him. 

"I can play perfectly well with any mallet." He said looking at both of them before settling his eyes on Kate. "I wish you the best of luck." 

"Are we to stand around deliberating all day, or shall we play?" Eloise whined from her spot, snapping everyone back to the matter at hand. Suddenly the others jumped forward to grab mallets and Javier, who hadn't been quick enough sighed once he spotted the smallest one left. 

"To the field of combat!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Hello my beautiful readers!! I am putting this one up early and I will try to get the next part up tonight. Thank you all so much for reading so far and commenting and voting and saving this story it honestly warms my heart! I will be back with more updates since I am finally back to normal and thank you for the well wishes!! Let me know what you think!! 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

6.8K 153 14
Duty, Honor, and Loyalty are the words that Anthony Bridgerton deemed to be his virtues. Yet if you were to ask Angel she would list out all his faul...
53.8K 1.6K 15
The whole town knew who much Emmaline Davison and Anthony Bridgerton despised each other to the point they couldn't be seen in the same room as one a...
1.1M 32.4K 56
It is said that second-born sons have all the fun. This much is certainly true for Benedict Bridgerton, free from the burdens held by his eldest brot...
188K 8.2K 22
❝ i don't suppose you remember me, do you benedict? ❞ ❝ belle! you've grown ... i mean you're a lady now! ❞ ❝ i think 'lady' might be a bit...