Empress

By MedinaHadziefendic70

Marija is a young soul who gets taken away by the ottoman Army in her small village in Bosnia. She will soon... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Taken away
Chapter 2: First sight
Chapter 3: Rivalry
Chapter 4: More news
Chapter 6: Back Home
Chapter 7: Evil Plan
Chapter 8: Massacre
Chapter 9: Family Reunion
Chapter 10: Campaign
Chapter 11: Victory and Loss
Chapter 12: Love and Politics
Chapter13: 3rd "Mistress"
Chapter14: Fate
Chapter15: End
Epilouge
Thank you

Chapter 5: Big Reveal

302 9 0
By MedinaHadziefendic70

Year: 1515/1516
Place: Podgorica campaign site

Sultan Mehmed: Today is the day I get to prove to the world of what I am capable of. Today is the day I march away with my Army towards a bloody war.

*I was walking towards the throne room and sat on the throne and everyone bowed down to me*

Sultan Mehmed: Soldiers! Vezirs! Today, we shall war against our enemies and if god wills it, we will win! I will try to lead you towards victory! If we loose and die, we will not be the losers, we will be the martyred winners of the war! We will fight an army and only the Army. We shall spare the innocent people. If anyone disobeys my orders, I shall show no mercy. In the name of God we shall fight and show mercy today! I wi-

Guard: My Sultan, a letter from the capital has arrived!

Sultan Mehmed: Please give it to me!

* I read the letter and a smile escapes my face. Marija is expecting a child. She is already 4 months pregnant.*

Sultan Mehmed: Soldiers! Vezirs! I have recieved news from the capital! One of my concubines is with child! We all should try to win this war to see our women and children!

*The ottoman Army marches towards the Palace of Podgorica. It has been 3 months already since they started invading the cities around Podgorica. The ottoman Army barges in to the Palace. They reach the room where Prince Stefan of the Metropolitanate of Montenegro and his wife Princess Katarina of Bosnia are hiding in.*

Prince Stefan: What do you want from us? Leave or get killed by me!

Sultan Mehmed: I wanted a peaceful trade with your principality but your resentment towards us has led to this war. I will give you the chance to surrender or you are dying!

Prince Stefan: I will never surrender to a heretic!

Sultan Mehmed: A heretic? I am not a heretic, you are wronged Prince Stefan! I am a Sultan!

*The Prince and Sultan duel for some time until Prince Stefan dies.*

*The following conversations are in Bosnian*

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: No! Stefan! Please don’t die! I need you! Please don’t let me be alone! Please don’t kill me or my unborn child!

Sultan Mehmed: Princess Katarina, may God forgive Prince Stefan' sins. And I would never kill a woman or child. I may be a  military commander but I am no monster to kill innocent people. Don’t worry, we will take care of you and your child. Inorder to take care of you, we must take you to Topkapi Palace. We do not want to harm you. We will only take you to the Palace if you allow us. So Princess Katarina, will you go to Topkapi Palace with me?

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: If I go with you, do I have to be one of your wife's or convert to your religion?

Sultan Mehmed: I would never force you to join my Harem or convert to Islam. So Katarina, do you want to go to Topkapi Palace?

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: Although I have spent my days here in this Palace alongside my late husband, I will go to Topkapi Palace as I have no use of living here. Before we go, do you regret killing my husband? I will never forgive you for killing my husband, but I am grateful that you are not killing the innocent people of this principality and my child.

Sultan Mehmed: I am not sure if I regret it,but if your late husband was a bit smarter, he wouldn't be dead now. Also, this war could have been prevented if your  husband had agreed on a trading business. You have one day to pack and bury your husband.

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: Thank you for allowing me to bury my husband. I appreciate it. Is there a reason for why your are this kind to people who don’t share the same religion as you do?

Sultan Mehmed: In my religion, we are taught only  to use violence to defend ourselves. When we want to do Politics, we use our brains and kind words to do it, but if there is a problem with the politics policy, we sadly must choose violence. I hate violence, that is why I try to use my words and brain wisely most of the the time. I never wanted this war to happen, your late husband
wanted it.

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: I understand now, thank you for explaining your actions.

*The ottoman Army alongside the Princess of Bosnia and the Sultan, travel back to the capital.*

*Meanwhile at Topkapi Palace*

Engin Ağa: Valide Sultan, I have news! The Sultan has won the war! I also heard he took the wife of the dead enemy with him to Topkapi Palace.

Marija: Engin Ağa, is she going to be the Sultans wife?

Engin Ağa: No, Marija Hatun. She will be taken here as a war captive. She will reside here for the safety of her and her unborn child.

Marija: Did the Sultan get her pregnant?

Engin Ağa: Tövbe Tövbe, Marija Hatun! She is pregnant with the child of the late Prince Stefan of the Metropolitanate of Montenegro!

*1 month later*

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: Ever since I have agreed on going to the ottoman capital, the Sultans servants have taught me  turkish, helped me understand the culture of the ottomans and their religion. I am a war captive, why are they treating me according to my title as Princess. I asked one of the eunuchs why they treated me like this.

Gül Ağa: Princess Katarina, the Sultan has respect towards you not only because you are a royal and innocent and with child, but also because you are from Bosnia. His mother Valide Melek Sultan is also from Bosnia. He also has a favourite concubine from Bosnia called Marija Hatun. She will give birth to her child soon aswell. If you ever feel homesick, go talk to the Valide or to Marija Hatun in Bosnian. They will help you adapt to here.

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: I now understand why the Sultan is like that. When will we arrive at Topkapi Palace?

Gül Ağa: We will arrive in a few hours.

*Meanwhile at Topkapi Palace*

Marija: Lara, please tell why I am feeling like this?

Lara: Marija, you are in love with the Sultan! You now need to stop revenging your parents. You already made it. Stop thinking about your past if you want to survive here.

Marija: I guess you are right. You can go back Lara!

Lara: Fine. But I will check up on you tommorow!

*Later on*

Lara: Engin Ağa, I wish to become a Kalfa! And also a Muslim!

Engin Ağa: As you wish!

*A while later*

Engin Ağa: And lastly your name will be...Ayşe Kalfa!

Ayşe Kalfa: Thank you Engin Ağa for helping me out!

Engin Ağa: You are welcome Ayşe Kalfa!

Additional Characters that were introduced:

Name: Princess Katarina of Bosnia
Age: 17

Name: Prince Stefan of the Metropolitanate of Montenegro
Age: 25

Name: Lara/Ayşe Kalfa
Age: 18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 2.3K 55
On the one side of instanbul in the mahalle , Sanem dreams of the day that she can get away from her abusive step father. But her father has differen...
The Blue Hour By cstahle

Historical Fiction

2.5K 317 80
Inspired by true events, 'The Blue Hour' is a story of political intrigue and doomed love set in the dying days of the Ottoman Empire during the summ...
26.3K 1.2K 9
EXCERPT "Kyu? I had protected you from everything all my life but who will protect you from me." He voice was so low she wouldn't have heard him had...
49.4K 1.9K 21
Helen was born in Greece and lived there until her tenth birthday, she was kidnapped by the Tatar and sent as a present to the Ottoman castle. She di...