Texas Time!

By hellllllnah

(Sequel to Tiny Texas Time) Texas is all grown up now!!!! I know! I cried too!!!! More

Welcome!
Awwww
Strikeout
:>
Its about to get messy
Ok, Ok
Action and Reaction
New and Odd
Not Yet
This Chapter is a lot and I'm Tired
Chillin
Oh sh-
Talk it out
That one L word
'No Promises'
Oh damn
TEX-MEX
Wooo
Short
Summer Timmmmmeeee
High School
Narc
Homecoming
*cue music* AAAAATTTTT LAAAAAAAST MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
Ew cooties
California Time!
Fashion. Also Love.
Growing Up
Even Newer Normal
Long and Emotional
Whiskey
The Finale
Q&A

Obvious

140 11 14
By hellllllnah

Italy drove Tito and Texas back to his house, where they chilled for a bit.

"Hey, Tex, you remember that time we kidnapped you?" Tito asked. Texas laughed.

"Of course... what, you wanna kidnap me again?" Texas asked.

"If you're ok with that, of course," Tito said. Texas smiled.

"I'll call my dad to let him know," Texas said.

"Italo! Is Texas staying over?" Italy called from upstairs.

"Yep!" Tito exclaimed.

"Ok, let him borrow some pajamas! You two must be dying in those suits!" Italy exclaimed.

"Ok!" Tito exclaimed, before leading Texas up to his room and letting him pick out some sleeping attire.

"I forgot your legal name is Italo," Texas said, grabbing a t-shirt and shorts from Tito's closet. Tito shrugged.

"Yeah... it's just not quite me, y'know? And everyone always just calls me Tito anyway," Tito said.

"I think Tito suits you well," Texas said. Tito smiled and nodded.

"It does... it's a bit cutesy though," Tito said.

"Well, another reason why it fits," Texas said. Tito chuckled, making Texas's smile brighten. Texas took off his shirt.

"Oh sh*t are you ok?!" Tito exclaimed. Texas looked at the big bruise on his shoulder.

"Dropped a weight on my shoulder when I was working out the other day... it's not that bad," Texas said casually.

"Damn... you're really getting as fit as possible," Tito said.

"I want to be good enough to exceed the standards for the jr police academy. I mean, why be good enough when I know I can be better?" Texas said.

"...your physical well-being maybe?" Tito said. Texas shrugged.

"Arbitrary," Texas said dismissively. Tito sighed.

"You do you I guess...,"

That night, while watching a movie, Texas started looking sleepy. Tito turned off the TV.

"We should go to bed, you seem exhausted," Tito said. Texas flopped into Tito's arms, throwing a blanket over himself. "This.... Wasn't what I was expecting?" Tito said. Texas smiled, his eyes shut.

"I like it here," Texas said. Tito smiled and nodded, relaxing. "Tito?" Texas said.

"Mhm?" Tito asked.

"Philip told me the strangest thing not too long ago...," Texas said. Tito held his breath, not exactly sure of what to say. "....We Can talk about it later... Goodnight Tito," Texas said. Tito nodded.

"Goodnight...,"

Now, I must tell you, high school is boring as hell.

Texas was bored as hell.

And knowing that he was the absolute best in his campus safety class, never using it as a free period to mess around during, he felt 100% confident he'd get enrolled in the jr police program his 2nd year of high school.

So when he didn't, he was beyond perplexed.

"But... I exceeded every expectation in my year! I took extra community service! What went wrong?!" Texas asked the school deputy.

"Well, you did a great job on everything... listen, there's a first-year kid who's exceeded most standards... he took your spot," The deputy said.

"MOST?! I EXCEEDED ALL 2nd YEAR STANDARDS! Why is him exceeding some 1st year standards more worthy?!" Texas exclaimed.

"Well, he's obviously going to surpass you! I want to give this kid a chance to live out his dream,"

Texas stared at him in intense silence, only one thought in his mind:

How f*cking dare you

Texas went home, and immediately felt worse.

"Hey kiddo, did you get into the academy?" America asked. Texas silently walked past him. "Woah, Woah, whats wrong?" America asked.

"Nothing, leave me alone," Texas said.

"Oh... um... is Tito still coming over later?" America asked, however Texas had already tuned him out. He went to his room, and sat down on his bed, staring outside. He couldn't quite place the feeling he had about all of this. He was embarrassed he'd been so sure he'd get in, he felt slighted that he didn't, annoyed as to why he didn't, angry at the deputy, pissed at the first-year that was 'obviously going to pass him', but mostly disappointed in himself.

He knew what he wanted to do.

"Dad, I'm gonna run to the store and get some snacks...," Texas said. America placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you ok, Tex?" America asked.

"I'm fine... I just need fresh air," Texas said. America nodded.

"Ok... I love you," America said.

"I love you too...,"

Later that night, Tito walked to Texas's house. They made plans to hang out earlier that week, and Italy told Tito that America said Texas seemed to need a friend. Tito was glad to help, but the word 'friend' still bothered him. He felt like Texas caught on to him, however Texas seemed to have forgotten - or maybe chose to ignore- what Philip said. Nonetheless, Tito wanted to go check on Texas.

However, when he got to his house, he found Texas wasn't there.

"He said he's going out to get some snacks... me and Mexico have plans tonight that we can't cancel... are you ok here without us? Texas's siblings are home," America said.

"Oh, that's ok with me!" Tito said. America smiled and nodded.

"You and Texas have fun tonight, ok?" America said. Tito nodded.

"We will, I promise,"

Later, Tito called Texas.

Ti: Where the hell are you? I've been at your house for an hour and you still aren't here!

Te:.... Sorry... just leave, I forgot to tell you to stay home

Ti: whats wrong?! Are you mad at me? Did I do something?

Te: no... look, just go home-

Ti: I can't, your parents are out and I'm not leaving your little siblings home alone!

Te:.....

Ti: where are you?!

Te:...... Im... I'm at the store-

Ti: I know you're not! Why are you lying to me?!! Where are you!

Te: don't worry about it-

Ti: please Texas, just tell me, where are you?! Don't lie, please!

Te:.... The store

Ti: I don't believe you

Te:....

Ti: goddammit Texas, talk to me!

Te: Im sorry

Ti: Tex please, Im really worried about you, please tell me where you are!

Tito realized Texas hung up. Tito took a deep breath, and made another phone call.

"Bruno? I need to ask you a favor.... I'll pay you back, I promise...,"

Texas threw all of his weight against the (American) football tackling sled in the outdoor school gym. He'd thrown himself against it more times than he could count that night. At first he did it with form, but now he was breathing heavily, punching it hard in between shoves. Texas worked out every muscle he could until he felt stiff and numb. When he eventually fell to his knees, he began to notice the bruises all over his skin.

He hated that he still didn't feel good enough.

He knew he could stand up and push that stupid, sweat and blood smeared tackle sled a bit further...

But his body refused to let him up.

He couldn't do anything but fall back on the ground and try to gasp for air.

He's obviously going to surpass you

It's so obvious, how could you be so stupid?

You never deserved this

You never deserved anything

It's so obvious

How could you not know?

It's so obvious

"TEXAS!!! I've been looking everywhere for you!" He heard a familiar voice scream. He found the strength to lift himself in a sitting position, and then noticed the rain pouring from the sky.

"I-I... I don't... w-wanna...," Texas stuttered. Tito took off his sweatshirt and gave it to Texas.

"It's freezing out, here... you can tell me later," Tito said. Texas took a deep breath and nodded, putting on the warm sweatshirt. Tito helped Texas up, and walked him through the school.

"What happened?" Tito asked softly.

"...I didnt get in... I... I felt so stupid... I just wanted to prove them all wrong b-but... now I'm just a drenched, bruised up idiot," Texas cried.

"You're not an idiot, Tex... I know how hard you've been working... they're idiots for not seeing that," Tito said. Texas smiled slightly, feeling grateful he had Tito in his life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 223 8
A sequel to 'Way Back' [also known as the huge mess Charlie has made]. What if the right person comes at the worst possible time? Would you fix your...
38.8K 790 18
Art Cover by: Imaweirddo What do you get when you have a bitchy American, a selfish Canadian, a rebellious Russian, an adorable Ukrainian, a nerdy Ge...
7.8K 238 20
šŸŽ¶Cigarette daydream You were only seventeenšŸŽ¶ Trigger Warnings: ā€¢ Strong Language ā€¢ Homophobia ā€¢ Bullying ā€¢ Drug use
113K 2.1K 189
āš ļøDONT ADD TO AGEPLAY READING LISTSāš ļø BxB age regression story! Angst, Fluff, A little smut (only when not regressed) We'll see how this goes Trying...