8 Lives (Sequel to Shattered)

By Frojay

Bella and Edward live their lives to what they think is the end of danger, but more things arise. Everyone tr... More

8 Lives (Sequel to Shattered)
Chapter 2: Fate
Chapter 3: Pressured
Chapter 4: All Grown Up
Chapter 5: One Eye Open
Chapter 6: Flowers
Chapter 7: Charm
Chapter 8: Last Pleas
Chapter 9: Missing Person
Chapter 10: Lost Love
Chapter 11: 1M4R1N7
Chapter 12: Worth Fighting For
Chapter 13: Never Looking Back
Chapter 14: Bloodlust
Chapter 15: Torn
Chapter 16: Vacant Heart
Chapter 17: Mesmerized
Chapter 18: Square One
Chapter 19: A Puzzle
Chapter 20: Recreate
Chapter 21: Backstabbed
Chapter 22: All Alone
Chapter 23: Burning Desire
Chapter 24: Dark Dream to Life
Chapter 25: Clean Slate
Chapter 27: Taking Another Turn
Chapter 28: Cullen Empire
Epilogue: A Wish
Bonus Epilogue: A Shining Star

Chapter 26: Setting Him Free

2K 50 55
By Frojay

Okay the reason why this chapter is delayed is because of similar reasons from the last chapter. Teachers assigning a bunch of homework and way to many talented people on Wattpad. This chapter is also long. I hope the long chapter makes up for my delay :) I hope you all enjoy!

 *

*

*

*

8 Lives Chapter 26- Setting Him Free

Bella's POV

I pressed the phone back to the wall, and rested my fingertips on it for a moment. I removed my hand away from it and pressed my fingers slightly away from the phone- but not far enough to cancel the plans I made. I let a sign escape my lips and let my eyes wander towards the couch I sat mere seconds before Edward disrupted my utopia.

One hour.

That's what I told him. He could come in an hour, but is that enough time to please myself with Jacob? I moaned at just the thought of him. The pit of my stomach erupted into butterflies as I thought of what other activities we could do.

He does have a way with words. The way they drip off the tip of his tongue, giving off such a refreshing and sensual feel afterwards. I righted myself up from my posture- that was leaning- and stared at the open door. The door where Jacob is outside of. The man that I only have an hour with because I have to tell a man that the desires of the past aren't coming back.

"Bella?" Jacob called out as he pressed his feet onto the floorboards, making a creaking sound erupt into my sensitive ears. His advancing shadow from the fluorescent light that hung above gave me chills of gratification. His chocolate eyes met mine, and I felt as if my legs become electrified with his gaze- making my legs unable to hold my body up.

"I'm coming, I just got a call from Edward," I explained to him. I watched his expression turn away from one of passion to one that resembled hatred. His expression stilled- all his features stopped until they had shown one true emotion: Fury.

"What did that blood-- I mean what did he want?" His teeth ground together, and his fists balled up at his sides. His eyes that had shone with love a few second before were now shone with pure anger- not even a smudge of the passion and love evident in his eyes. I cowered away from him, and began to find my voice.

"He wanted me to hang out with him, but I told him to come in an hour because we were busy," I spoke and watched his expression soften. But there was something that bothered me. "Blood-" what was he going to call Edward? As much as I wanted to leave it be, curiosity got the best of me.

"What were you going to call Edward?" I breathed and waited or his response.

"What do you mean? I didn't say anything negative about him."

"Yes you did you said "blood-" but then cut yourself off," I argued.

"Darling, you're hearing things. I would never call anyone names," he soothed and moved towards me.

"Why were you so angry when I told you who it was?" He breathed through his nose- as if to calm himself.

"I was angry because I thought he was going to take you away from me. Claim you as his and you'll find yourself having feelings for him," Jacob explained.

"Jacob, you don't ever have to doubt my feelings for you. I don't have any desires for Edward, my desires are for you."

He pressed my face into his chest, and my sensitive ears picked up his erratic heartbeat. It thumped loudly, as if it were drums being banged repeatedly by sticks. My mouth pooled with saliva as I felt the urge of bitting into his flesh control me. Everywhere my thoughts were- his pulse was one step behind.

"Let's go to my house," Jacob suggested a little to eagerly.

I nodded my head as if I were a toddler that has just been granted one extra cookie before dinner time. Jacob entwined his fingers with mine, warmth spreading through me like wild fire. I am complete with him.

I moved my hands over his torso as the motorcycle purred to life, bringing a defiant grin plastered onto my face. I pressed my face into his back- inhaling him. There was something about him that made my nose crunch up in what I believe was disgust- but his pulse covers over any scent that seemed, at the moment, to repulse me. I rose my head and rested my chin on his shoulder- enjoying the sound of his pulse. I turned my head towards his neck, facing my teeth against it- wanting nothing more than to sink my teeth into his flesh.

"Not yet my love, and most certainly not there," he erupted with laughter. Then his face was plastered with a lopsided grin. He said not yet. That means soon.

Soon. Until I get the tingly feeling away. And soon my thirst will be contained enough. I bit my teeth lightly onto the arm of his leather jacket- teasing him of what other wonders that I had in mind.

"Bella," Jacob spoke seductively. Each word dripping off his tongue as if it were gold and I was a pioneer woman rushing to get to it.

"Hm?" I rested my head on his back once again- restraining myself from biting into his flesh and toying with his emotions.

"We're here," he hopped of his motorcycle and steadied his hands on my waist. I coiled away slightly before he put me on the ground- arm lengths away from him. This is what I get for teasing him.

"Dad," he opened the door- which made a creaking sound, almost as if the door was about to break off its hinges.

"In here son," another vice answered back. Jacob took my hand in his large ones and rubbed soothing circles. Billy sat on his wheelchair, fishing gear in his lap. I smiled at him and waved a hand.

"Bella, it's been such a long time," the coating of his voice sounded sincere; but something in the depths of his voice was telling me that it was anything but sincere. There was an edge of coldness and harshness that swarmed around him when his words began to dagger me.

"Yes, it has. How are you?" I ask, being concerned of his health.

"I'm fine, as always," he smiled. But there was something behind his smile that I could not place.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked looking around for the boys that were always around, and for Leah.

There was some kind of emotion that swept through them. Their faces were masked with pain and Billy's face etched with sorrow as he closed his eyelids, as if trying to find his inner peace. Jacob tightened his grip slightly around my waist as his eyes closed as well. His heartbeat thumping was the only sound in the eerie silence. Their hands clenched into fists and their teeth set in their mouths- almost as if to harm others that came near. Billy opened his eyes, and stared at Jacob- a muted conversation passing between them.

"I'm going to go fishing," Billy's words were spoken harshly. His eyes narrowed at me and I felt uneasy from his gaze. I shifted uncomfortably in Jacob's grip as his gaze burned through my skull- as if trying to tell me something that I should already know.

With the way Jacob's arms curled around my waist and the uneasiness that swept through us in a silence that that was coated only with words spoken with defiant gleams of an eye- I sensed that I was not wanted here. My presence along sent Billy off the edge- and into a glare off with me and a muted conversation with Jacob.

It is time that I leave before this room may be sensed to be smaller than it already is.

"Jacob, I'm going to go," I moved my fingertips over his strong hands- but his arms only tightened around my waist.

"No," he clenched his teeth and brought his lips to my ear.

"You will not leave me," his hands balled into fists on my waist. He pulled me closer to him.

"I never said that I was leaving forever. I-"

I stared into his brown eyes that made me lost from the world, and I did not even wish to have a map to get me out of this maze. A small smile pulled at the corners of his luscious lips.

"I mean, why don't you come by in a half hour, right after Edward leaves," his teeth set once I mentioned Edward. Billy's eyes bore into me and I wanted nothing less to leave but Jacob's warming eyes kept me still. As if we were stuck in time in our own little world.

"Maybe I should come while Edward's there, just in case," he persisted.

"Edward isn't going to try anything, he knows that I'm with you," I smiled as I stroked his arms. I reached up on my toes and brought my lips to his ear.

"And when you come, I will be in proper clothing. And I promise that you will be satisfied." His eyelids shut, and I could imagine that he had an image in his mind. Too bad it won't be as real as the reality, I grinned.

"But in order for me to prepare myself, I need to go home," I flattened my feet on the ground and tilted my head. I stroked his black locks and waited for his eyes to open.

He moved his hands into my shortened hair- when I asked the reason behind it he responded by saying I wanted to try a new look. His eyes gleamed with excitement that he could not contain, and lowered his head to brush against my forehead.

"Well, I'll take you home now if that's what's going to happen," his smile left me in a trance.

We walked hand in hand through the door, giving a last final wave to Billy. His lips turned to a slight smile, but it didn't reach his raging eyes.

Jacob moved his legs on either side of the motorcycle, and I wrapped my arms around him. It purred to life and we were on our way to my house. The hour has ticked by, and it is time that I speak to Edward. Tell him that life for us will be lived separately- not as young lovers but as close friends.

"I'll be back here in a half hour," Jacob spoke once we were in front of my house.

I nodded and hopped off. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. He hugged my waist and I felt his tongue begging for entry.

"Later," I murmured before turning around, giving my hips a little sway, and closing the door. I pressed my back against the door and crossed the living room. Plopping myself on the couch, I felt giddy inside. "My sweet Jacob," I swooned.

I heard a light knock on the door and knew who it was. Edward. The man that I have to tell that my feelings won't come back for him. But we can stay strong through this- live a life not much different from before. Instead of being lovers we will be friends. The three of us can go places together- even though it may seem that Edward would be the third wheel it would all be worth while. I moved my hand over the knob and pulled it open.

I was faced with Edward's angelic figure. His messy bronze hair was in all different directions. Possibly from pulling at it, I thought. His eyes were warm, but there was also urgency in them. I smiled lightly, as I closed the door behind has she stepped forward. I stepped away from him and motioned for him to sit by on the steps.

I moved to sit down, and watched as he sat into my left, his fingers running through his soft bronze locks.

"Bella, there is something that I have to tell you," he began as I thought through phrases in my head- thinking of the best way to put him down gently without hurting his feelings. Yes, I know he loves me, but he has to move on.

"There is something that I have to tell you to, Edward. Is it okay if I go first?" I fidgeted with my hands as I asked. I rose my fingers to my hair and brushed it away with the wind.

"Sure," his voice sounds strained, as if he was trying so hard to keep a straight face.

"Okay, I don't know the best way to put this, so I am just going to say it. Edward whatever we had in the past is gone, and I don't feel the same way about your affection. You seem like a great person, but I can't do this anymore," I stressed my words out while I felt as if a weight has been lifted off my chest. There was not an easy way to tell him. I went through all the situations in my head, and all of them ended with me blurting it out and him with a sad face.

It is true that he is a great guy, but he isn't the guy for me. He is the guy for someone else. Looking at his pained expression, I wished that there was some way for me to comfort him, but there wasn't. I couldn't lead him into thinking that there was still something between us- he would be wasting his breath and energy.

I stared into his eyes and waited for him to respond- but I knew for a fact that hearing from the woman that you are madly in love with tell you that there is nothing more than a spec of dust between the two- it can be hard. Almost as if being run over by a tractor. My heart didn't want to love him because someone has ready claimed my heart.

"Can't do what anymore?" I looked at my hands. His harsh tone coated with somewhat calmness didn't help this be any easier. Looking into his golden orbs I spoke once again-the dilemma that we must fight through and end- to where there is nothing between us but a friendship.

"Pretending. I can't pretend to feel something that I don't. I have a new life now- clean slate. And I think it's time you have a clean slate too."

"If it wasn't because of me you wouldn't be sitting in front of me right now; with your new life and all. I saved you from death, but it seems you are dead to your true feelings."

"Excuse me? What do you mean if it wasn't for you that I wouldn't be here?" I asked while I watched him clench his teeth. What did he mean? I was here because I got myself here. Made myself the person that I am now.

"I changed you because you were dying after birth. You always wanted to become one of my kind, no matter how many times I tried to convince you."

"Edward, I am grateful that you've saved my life, but I wasn't living when I was with you. I--" I began but was cut off.

"Then what were you doing, dying?"

"No, not really, but I wasn't living to the extent."

"You have eternity, you have what you want now- looks like you got your extent of living."

"I don't think I can do this anymore," I huffed. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. We were supposed to leave as friends not enemies.

"I don't think I can do this either."

I thought back to what he said as I saw that he was prepare to leave. 

Dying from birth? That must have been hard for him. But in a way its like I'm dying again to him. Not having my feelings for him, separating myself from him once again, all this because I was supposedly in love with him. But how could I have been so blind to not see that I was on love with Jacob?

I wasn't living when I was with him, and I think he needs to get that through his thick stubborn skull. His eyes no longer held adoration and love as they had when I first opened my eyes and he took me on a tour of his house. They had a distant look- as if I were one end of the bridge and he was another, and there was no way to cross it without breaking one side.

"Good bye Isabella," My full name slipped off his tongue, which caught me by surprise. It's been a while since anyone said my full name- mainly because I preferred to be called Bella. But with the way it rolled off of his tongue, I had a feeling that it was the last time we would ever see each other the same way. We were no longer lovers, and I don't think we were near the border of friends. It was more like we were enemies but deep down we were friends that bonded well together. Looking up at him I spoke for the last time.

"Goodbye Edward," I whispered, hoping that one day- may not be tomorrow or the next- but one day where we will look back at this and regret it. He was a lover that could not be loved back, and the only way to end this facade was to set him free.

Pressing my fingers to my temples, I reminded myself that Edward leaving this chapter of my life was for the best. I could not give him what he desired, because the desires were mine no longer. Heaving my chest up- I let somewhat of a calm breath escape my thin lips. His words had stung me, kept me stilled onto the steps of my home- idling to feel dread seep slowly into me. I let it consume slowly, before stopping it in its tracks.

I should feel no dread fill me up, and seal it with a tight lid. I didn't need him in my life, and I could finally get rid of the feeling in the pit if my stomach when I spend time with Jacob. His brown eyes that made me wish I had a map. It was an endless maze; staring at his eyes full of love and adoration.

Edward needed to be put out of his misery, I thought. He had feelings that couldn't be returned. I inhaled his scent once more- knowing that this was possibly the last time I would ever come in contact with him. I could only hope that in time we will become friends, but since he is in his own misery and battle with himself I think that it is best for him to stay away from me. Falling in love with Jacob changed me. In love. I had not claimed my love for him yet, because I couldn't will myself to say it to him when Edward was only holding onto a thread. A single thread that had been broken.

I didn't mean for our conversation to become an argument, but the thread that connected him to me was broken. Edward needed to live on with the fact that the person he loved does not share the same emotions. Closing my eyelids, I rose to my full hight. I patted my hands against my jeans to get rid of the dirt from sitting down.

Walking into the house, I wondered around the kitchen. The scent of food still repulsed me. My face distorted into one of disgust as I inhaled the remnants from Charlie's dinner the night before. He brought home pizza, and urged me to eat it. I took a few bites here and there- scorching it down my throat as if I were swallowing pebbles rather than the pizza. After once taste, I forced my eyes shut and wished that I was not an open book- to show him how disturbing it was to swallow.

It still troubled me knowing that I could not consume anything but the garnet blood that left a trail of sweetness down my throat- letting in an after taste. An after taste that made a fire combust in the inside of my throat, wishing me to consume more until I bled my prey dry. But there was something that happened to me when I felt that I would indeed kill Jacob. My love for him. His sweet scent that encompassed us both when we went across the beach. He was like an angel going step to step- as if gliding through the air.

Smiling I rushed up to my room to prepare for Jacob's arrival. I moaned at just my imagination- the thing we shall do together. Charlie wasn't expected to be home for a few hours- maybe the whole night. And that means a whole night with Jacob.

Looking onto my closet, I found a long sweater of mine. Stripping myself of clothing- leaving my lace undergarments- I pulled the sweater on and zipped up the front a little. My hair was short enough, so there wasn't much I could do with it. Except curling it around my fingers. It reached my shoulders, Jacob said it grew though. In time I will have my hair long.

I heard the motorcycle engine pure from outside, and a grin made its way to my face. I watched from the window as he marched up the steps and saw him knock on the door, before pushing it open. I turned away from the window and began walking towards my bed. Lying down, I propped my elbow up.

I heard his footsteps near, and saw as the door knob moved. There he stood in all his glory. His brown eyes filled with adoration. His black hair wet, drips streaming down his face. He moved towards me and steadied himself on the bed. I motioned him forward with my finger, and felt his lips hover over mine.

I moaned with delight and wrapped my arms around his neck. His fingers worked the zipper from the sweater and I trailed my fingers along his button down- flicking each of the buttons off, and moving his shirt over his shoulders. His chest was perfectly molded, I ran my hands along it and felt a shudder go through him. He leaned back down and covered his body with mine.

I moved the blanked over us, to keep warm, and moved my fingers through his pitch black hair. I moved slightly to the side and heard him moan.

I flipped us over and dug my teeth into his skin, feeling the blood trickle down my throat. My throat was burning and I needed a taste. I skimmed my hands over his chest and moved my teeth along him. Bitting every area of his chest- his moans were a song in my ears. He flipped us back so that way he was on top, and kissed down my throat.

"I'm going to treat you better than that bloodsucker ever did."

His words met my ears- even though he panted them out. He did not sense my movements slowed, and processed to play with the straps of my undergarments. I stared at the bite marks that I made on his skin. Each time I took more blood than the first, it soothed my burning throat. His blood was the only thing that I could consume. I sucked his blood out of his veins and only one thought burned in my brain.

Am I a bloodsucker too?

_____________________________________

*And now we have Bella's perspective on things. Why did she stop once she wanted to leave Jacob's house when she looked into his eyes? Will she see the darkness in Jacob?

Leave your thoughts in the comment box, and I hope you all have a lovely day :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 203K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
9.8K 429 25
May 22nd Today is my birthday. I received this diary as a gift from Katniss. To be honest though, I don't really know what to do. Do I tell the day...
3.6M 151K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.8M 107K 41
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...