The Real Lovely Princess || �...

By ahlisagrace

[ slow updates at the moment ] There's too many what if's in the world, you can't really expect yourself... More

˗ˋˏ act one ˎˊ-
ao. one
ao. two
ao. three
ao. four
ao. five
ao. six
ao. seven
ao. eight
ao. nine
ao. ten
ao. eleven
ao. twelve
ao. thirteen
ao. fourteen
ao. fifteen
ao. sixteen
ao. seventeen
ao. special chapter
˗ˋˏ act two ˎˊ-
at. one
at. two
at. three
at. four
at. five
at. six
at. seven
at. eight
at. nine
at. ten
at. eleven
at. twelve
at. thirteen
at. fourteen
at. fifteen
at. sixteen
at. seventeen
at. special chapter
˗ˋˏ act three ˎˊ-
ath. one
ath. three
ath. four
ath. five
ath. six
ath. seven
ath. eight
ath. nine
ath. ten
ath. eleven
ath. twelve
ath. thirteen
ath. fourteen
ath. fifteen
ath. sixteen
ath. seventeen
ath. eighteen
ath. nineteen

ath. two

1.2K 49 6
By ahlisagrace

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Two

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Our Dearest Athanasia ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Claude noticed stares from Lilian York and Felix, as the priest immediately announced Diana as his wife. It was so sudden, and was the middle of the night. Diana were still in a night gown, covered in a thick robe that Claude gave him. Only two people witnessed their wedding.

"Your Majesty, isn't this too sudden?" Felix can't help but voice out his thoughts. Surely, no one in the right mind would hold a sudden wedding in the middle of the night. "I mean.. I'm happy that Lady Diana's your wife now, but.."

"Don't worry about such things, Felix." Claude retorted as he held Diana's hand. Reassuring that it's alright, that his decision are alright. Diana looked at him, and a soft expression can only be seen. "Let's go rest, my love."

Too bad for Claude, honeymoon's cancelled. Diana's pregnancy are becoming worst to worst by any moment. It was already identified that it was because of the person inside the womb have immense amount of mana. Since Athanasia was a child, it was already a problem for Athanasia. Claude looked at Diana, who were just staring at him with mix of awe and pain in her expression.

"Your Ma— Claude.." Diana cutted herself off, as she remembered that her lover liked it when he was called by his name. Specifically if it was her. "Wouldn't the nobles complain about this matter?"

"Hmm? Why would they?" Claude retorted softly, as he laid in his bed. Soon after, Diana sat down down beside him with a worried look. "Why are you worried, my love? Have you forgotten who i am?" Claude smile widen, as he reached for Diana's platinum blonde locks and kissed it. "I'm the most powerful man in Obelia. I can make anything possible. Expect it that you're the Empress of Obelia tomorrow morning."

As the morning came, news flew like lightning. The Obelia's Emperor got married to a commoner. More frankly, the great Obelian Empire finally had an empress. Nobles complained but soon after, regretted it. Take Count Heinner for example. Claude immediately tortured the guy and let him hang where people can see his pathetic dead corpse swinging as the wind blows. It was a gruesome sight, and an example to not mess with the Emperor.

Claude chuckled at the memory as he dropped the papers in his desk. Diana was finally the empress consort. Unfortunately, Diana can't be an empress regnant due to her condition. 'This is enough. As long as she became an empress..' Claude thought.

Soon after, Diana would leave him that'll cause him to use black magic to completely erase her in his mind. And that caused him to miss Athanasia's childhood. Claude softly sighed, as he headed to his room. All he wanted to see are Diana and Diana only.

As soon as he entered his room, Diana turned to the door and saw Claude's fit body walking in. "Your— Claude!" Diana beamed as she ran to him and hugged him. Diana didn't know what would be the cause of it, but she wanted to embrace her lover. "Can we have tea at the garden?" she asked in a cheery tone, joy was clear in her face.

Claude's breath hitched, as he nodded. His lips thinned. Seeing Diana happy and all cheerful, made him blush. It was, a sight to see.. 'I miss her.'

Day after day, Claude didn't stop tending Diana. Even when her moods shift, even when she felt pain due to the child in her womb, even when he felt like he wasn't enough for Diana. He didn't left. Past mistakes should be buried and not repeated. He can't atone for his sins, but he'll make it up to Diana.

"Athanasia.." Diana muttered out of nowhere, while they were lying down in the soft mattress. Claude turned to Diana, as he stared at her in confusion. Although, it is only an act. Because Claude already knew what it meant to Diana. "I want to name her Athanasia, Your Majesty."

"Is that so, my love?" Claude chuckled as he buried his face in the crook of Diana's neck. "Athanasia, it is."

"But... Am i allowed to use such names, Your Majesty?" Diana questioned, looking at Claude's golden blonde hair. It was still shining and pretty, despite the only thing that is lighting up the room are the moon in the dark skies.

Claude nodded, as he placed his arms at Diana's stomach. It was starting to get big, and he can feel the mana inside of it. "You're the mother, Diana. This is the least i could do.."

"Is that so, Your Majesty?" Diana chuckled as she felt Claude's soft kisses at her neck. It was a nice feeling. 'I want this to last, atleast..' Diana thought, smilling at how she was gifted to have Claude in her life. He may be cruel and unforgiving, but to the ones that he cared for, Claude was loving and caring. "I'm glad, Your Majesty.."

"Why is that?" Claude can't help but ask. He turned to look at Diana's face, and all he can see are Diana's usual expression.

"I'm glad that you are here by my side, Your Majesty." Diana giggled. "Since the day that i've met you, i always knew that i'm going to love you one day. With you reciprocating it." she added, as Claude's expression turn soft. "I.. I wish this moment could last forever, Your Majesty."

As Claude listened to Diana's words, tears pour out his eyes. He wanted it to last too. Claude wanted Diana to live, so atleast, Athanasia can live with a mother. A mother is what his dear Athanasia didn't have.

"But Your Majesty.. I'm more glad that our dearest Athanasia would have a loving and kind father." Diana added, patting Claude's back as he buried his face at her neck once again. Diana can feel her neck being wet, and just continued to do the same thing. Over and over again.

"It's okay. Even if Mama isn't here, i'm sure she's watching us, Papa. I'm okay with only you and i, Papa."

"Do you think i'll be a good father to our child, Diana?" Claude asked. It was clear in his voice that he cried, atleast.

Diana gave him a reassuring smile. "Of course, you will. You're the most loving man i knew, Your Majesty." she then, gave Claude a side hug, due to she was unable to do so when not 'cause of her stomach getting bigger. "A-ah! Oh my—!" Diana suddenly yelled as she grabbed her stomach. Claude thinking it was because of pain, he got up and almost yelled for the doctor when Diana stopped her. "No, Your Majesty! It's nothing. It's just our little Athanasia kickin— There she is again.. Touch it, Your Majesty." Diana placed his hand at her stomach.

For a short while, Claude felt nothing. He was worried that Diana were just making excuses because she doesn't want him to worry when he felt a slight movement. "Oh.. She kicked.."

"She did, didn't she?"

"Athanasia.." Claude teared up once again as he felt Athanasia kicking in her mother's womb. The feeling he's feeling at the moment was so surreal. A wave of regret, not experiencing these things at his first life, it was.. really surreal. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

"Your Majesty.." Diana softly smiled. "I love you."

Claude turned to Diana as he reciprocated her smile, with the softest smile he can give. "I love you too, Diana."

Days to months, Diana's pregnancy worsened. Claude was worried, but it was Diana's turn to reassure him that it was fine. To no worry. Until Diana's water broke.

Everyone at the Garnet Palace are a mess, as they tried to calm the emperor who are yelling at the doctors and midwifes. As expected, Diana's the only one who can calm him down.

"Claude.." Diana called, as Diana gripped Claude's finger in pain as she's going through harsh labor. Claude turned to Diana, even though, seeing the expression of pain in her face, pains him. "Your Majesty, it'll be alright.."

Claude remained silent, as he just sat down at the floor, holding Diana's hands as he laid his head beside hers. 'I didn't witness the first time..' Claude glanced at Diana once again. 'It really pains me to see you like this, my love.'

"It'll be alright, Claude." Diana gave her lover a smile, only to fail due to the immense pain. Claude flinched, as he felt Diana's grip tightening. "It'll be alright.."

"Yes.." Claude muttered under his breath, as he softly smiled at Diana. "It'll be alright, my love." 'I don't want you to die.'

Moments after, Diana's finally giving birth. Everyone paid close attention to Diana's birth, as Claude remained on Diana's side. She screamed in pain, as she gave birth to the first princess of Obelia. It was silent for a moment, and so, the cries of a newborn baby can be heard.

Claude turned to Diana, and her breathing was almost to slow, as if she wasn't breathing anymore. "Diana."

"It's a healthy girl, Your Majesties." the midwife stated, cleaning Athanasia as they handed the little princess to Claude's arms.

Claude immediately showed Diana, as his lover showed a delightful smile. "She's here, my love." Claude said in his soft voice, kneeling down to reach Diana's height as she was still laying down. "Athanasia's here."

Athanasia's cry went louder, and so Claude handed her over to Diana. "Athanasia.." Diana softly smiled, caressing the newborn's cheek with her knuckles. "My baby.." Diana mumbled once again, as she turned to Claude, who are on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry, Claude.. Haa.."

"Diana.."

"Please take care of yourself." Diana started, as she cupped Claude's cheek. "I hope that even.. Even when i'm gone, you'll still take care of yourself."

An emotion of sorrow flooded the people inside the room, as they listened to the Empress' last words. Other than Claude. Lilian, Hannah, Ces and Felix got attached to the said lady. Beforehand, they've gotten separate reminders as to what they'll have to do after she dies.

"I hope you'll cherish our daughter like how you cherished me.." Diana smiled, her eyes dropping as Claude held Diana's hands. "Please take care of her our dearest Athanasia... And love her like how you loved me." and by that, the Empress remained unmoving. Claude stayed beside Diana for a moment, as he picked up Athanasia and walked away. Not even glancing back at Diana. Afraid that he'll shed tears.

"I will.."

As of the moment, Obelia's Empress Consort have died due to childbirth. And the First Princess had been born. And the Emperor, with unknown motives.. The eerie silence of the aftermath have frightened alot of nobles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 422 31
This is about a non-cry baby, naïve and klutz Amano Ichigo, who attends St. Marie Academy to become a patisserie like her grandmother before her. Sma...
173K 4K 25
❝ 𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒀/𝒏. ❝ You met Itadori at your first day of jujutsu high and all of his friends but yo...
1.2M 54.3K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
158K 5.9K 46
"A villainess is a perfect match for a villain" Dying because of her disease, Lillian Valentine woke up in the body of the thirteen year old characte...