βœ“ the second half. | 정원

By inhaniee

"you're his second half." jaeun has always felt like she doesn't fit in the human world, like she didn't have... More

ΰ©­
prologue.
chapter 01.
chapter 02.
chapter 03.
chapter 04.
chapter 05.
chapter 06.
chapter 07.
chapter 08.
chapter 09.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 31.
chapter 32.
chapter 33.
chapter 34.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 40.
epilogue.
the end.

chapter 39.

3.1K 191 132
By inhaniee

039 — sweet lies.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
[ 15+ : tw, blood, violence, fighting ]

I was starring at him with a sad grimace on my face, "I.. I can't believe you lied.." the words could barely come out of my mouth. My heart was beating rappidly, breathing was fastened.

"Lied?" he asked, "I didn't lie to you with anything, my dear," the man chuckled with this awful smirk on his face, "You really thought I was your real father?"

My eyes widened, "What are you talking about?" I asked.

The man raised his hands and started gesticulate, "This whole game about being a happy family. You really thought it was true?" he snapped, and I didn't even know how to react, "I'm not your father."

"W-what..?" tears already showed up in my eyes.

"You never met him, I mean you didn't even have a chance." he grinned, and walked closer to me, crouching down in front of me, "As soon as we sensed that the reincarnation of this whole human shit thing in our race was reborn, we exactly knew what to do." he stopped for a second, "My people hunted your family, and I killed your real father." the man chuckled.

"Your mother didn't have any other better choice besides staying with us, and acting like my wife. And wasn't she doing it perfectly?" he smiled, while brushing away a strand of my hair that was falling over my eyes. The boy that was holding my hands behind me had to tighten his grip as I wanted to release my hands.

"You were never my daughter, and you will never be, honey." the man said delicately, and smiled ironically.

"You're psychotic piece of shit! How could you do something like that!" I screamed, and started to thrash around, before spitting right on his face. People around gasped loudly, and everything around fell silent.

I was looking at him with a gaze full of hate. I hated him wholeheartedly. I couldn't even understand how could I think he was my actual father.

Suddenly all of the memories with him and mom started to flash before my eyes. Him, securing me as I was learning how to skate at the age of 6, while mom was shouting chants to hype me up from the side.

First ever horror I watched with him when I was 11 years old as mom wasn't at home, he was hugging me and placing his hands on my eyes everytime something terryfing was happening.

Playing around in the garden in our old house, him eventually taking me to his hands and swinging me around like a little airplane. We laughed loudly, feeling happy and free.

And the most importatnt to me — when he was reading stories to help me fall asleep. We might have read a hundreds of stories, fairy tales and legends. Everytime he has thought I've fallen asleep, I woke up just to hear more stories. He was laughing all the time I did that, but he still stayed with me late at night, reading all kinds of books. And when I finally fall asleep, he smiled to himself at the sight of me, snuggled to my favourite puppy plushie, then he kissed my forehead, and fixed my duvet before walking out of the room.

I couldn't believe it was all fake to him. That he actually didn't care when I was crying in the kindergarten that girls where laughing at me when I took my favoutite toy to play with them, when I got good grades at school and we celebrated it with ice creams, when I taught myself new things and when I actually tried to be the best daughter he and mom could've ever imagined.

It was just unreal for me to think, that during all this time, the only thing that he has been thinking of was to kill me when I'll actually become that Eunji and find my second half — Jihun's reincarnation, which turned out to be Jungwon.

I couldn't believe he lied like that this entire time.

"Bring her there." he muttered harshly to the boy that was holding me, while wiping his face with the sleeve of his cloth. The men pointed inside the cave at a huge, flat stone that was placed in the middle. Candles were placed around it, and some strange signs were painted on it as well. It was like an altar for sacrifice.

And that sacrifice was me.

The boy who was holding me, jerked my hair back to pull me towards the cave. They pushed me in and made me lie down. Their eyes gleamed with uncontrollable joy that this moment had finally come to pass. The sun was approaching the horizon, the outline of the moon was already visible in the sky. A large, perfectly round moon that turned a bloody color that night.

I wanted to cry, but no tears came out of my eyes. My heart was beating quickly and painfully, the body was trembling. Until the last moment, I was hoping to wake up from this nightmare. That it was all just a bad dream. There was some commotion around me, and The Cursed acted as if they were preparing for the ceremony. I was just surprised that they were all still in human form. I thought they would kill me in their black wolf form. After all, they wanted to get rid of their humanity.

But maybe that was it? Maybe in order to get rid of the human part of themselves, they had to kill me as people?

"Any last wish, Eunji?" the boy asked, and I could not even look at him. I felt unimaginable disgust that I'm going to die at the hand of someone like that. Everyone around were chuckling something under their noses, and the man that claimed to be my father for 18 years was standing not so far away, while observing everything with a smirk plastered to his lips.

I just muttered something incomprehensible under my breath that he finally gave me a break. I just wanted to die, and let this feeling finally leave me.

All I could see was Jungwon. I wanted him to be my last thought.

"Goodbye then." he vocalized, and walked towards me, holding in his hand gold-plated, stone-set dagger. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see anything anymore.

And at that moment, everyone heard a wolf howl and a growl somewhere near us. I shifted my position slightly, expecting that one of the wolves will be behind me, and will jump in a moment to my throat, sinking its sharp fangs into it. However, that never happened.

I looked around, terrified of what was hapening. Outside the cave, The Cursed women squealed and screamed, the men began to change their forms when a clan of black wolves pounced on them from the forest.

There were many of them, more than the cursed ones. The screams and sobs didn't stop, the vampires were throwing themselves on top of each other, growling loudly at the same time. One of the wolves that jumped out of the forest pounced on some woman and he just stuck his fangs into her neck. He held her until she stopped kicking and making any noises.

Moments later, her head lay separated from the rest of her body, and the vampire jumped further. I had no idea what was happening until I noticed one of the vampires. He had a white hilights on his black fur, sticking out in different directions. I've seen him before. Many times. "Sunghoon.." I whispered, unable to believe.

Maybe it was just my imagination? Could it be real? After all, Sunghoon was gone..

The tears I had been holding back for so long fell from my eyes, my body still trembling. A glimmer of hope flared in my heart that maybe it might not be the end, but I was afraid that others would get hurt.

Everyone was throwing themselves at each other, biting, groans of pain were heard all around as one sank his teeth into the body of his victim. And at that moment, more wolves jumped out of the forest in front of me. I was afraid that it was the help of The Cursed, and that Sunghoon had no chance now.

However, in the group, I noticed a wolf which gave my heart a wonderful feeling of warmth. He had a black fur with grey highlights, violet glow in his eyes, and he was limping a little as he took another step.

Jungwon..

I cried even louder, unable to control myself. Jungwon was alive, he was conscious, and that was all that mattered to me. But he still wasn't safe.

The fight continued, but for me the only thing that mattered was a black-grey wolf who was currently walking with bared fangs towards the boy who was guarding me everytime at my so called father's order.

Unfortunately, at that moment he grabbed my hair, pulled my hair to the back and put a knife to my throat.

So I guess it actually was my end.

──────

a/n: only one chapter + epilogue has left :( be ready </3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 1.4K 25
❝Ιͺ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ α΄€ΚŸα΄‘α΄€Κκœ± ʙʏ Κα΄α΄œΚ€ ꜱΙͺᴅᴇ. κœ°α΄Κ€α΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€.❞ It all started when Y/N stayed at her uncle and aunt's house near the forest. At first she was afraid of the...
3.6K 484 5
BTS X READER - SUPERNATURAL/SOULMATE AU β™‘β™‘β™‘ Being a half-breed with vampire and dragon blood is a rare thing in this world, and it comes with its sha...
7.8K 328 25
When they meet unknowingly and found out they're soulmates ✨ --✨------✨-- A JEON JUNGKOOK FANFICTION It contains mature conten...
49.3K 1.6K 15
in a world where you can feel your soulmate's pain. q゚゚ο½₯qο½₯゚゚q οΎŸγ€‚π„ππ‡π˜ππ„π / ππˆπ’π‡πˆπŒπ”π‘π€ π‘πˆπŠπˆ γ€€οΎŸο½₯qο½₯ ✰ πŽππ†πŽπˆππ† ✰ π„ππ†π‹πˆπ’οΏ½...