โœ“ the second half. | ์ •์›

By inhaniee

"you're his second half." jaeun has always felt like she doesn't fit in the human world, like she didn't have... More

เฉญ
prologue.
chapter 01.
chapter 02.
chapter 03.
chapter 04.
chapter 05.
chapter 06.
chapter 07.
chapter 08.
chapter 09.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 32.
chapter 33.
chapter 34.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 39.
chapter 40.
epilogue.
the end.

chapter 31.

3.3K 179 83
By inhaniee

031 — strange anxiety.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Before the bonfire ended with sunrise as usual, everyone already that it's time for their huntings. Jungwon really didn't want to leave me by myself, but I knew it was really important for him. After assuring him over 15 minutes he finally kissed my forehead, and ran somewhere into the forest, earlier changing his form to a black wolf in a split of a second.

I was waiting for them with Jiwon and some other girls and boys from the other clan, that decided to stay, to keep us safe. Jiwon explained that after her injury she had to drink some blood, what allowed her to stay at home now and don't go hunting.

Around 6 AM everyone has returned, tired, but satisfied nevertheless, went to their rooms to rest a bit.

Sunghoon was unable to come to his senses for the rest of the evening. The girl who turned out to be his soul also acted as if the whole world suddenly ceased to exist. I perfectly understood what they felt at that moment, although my first experiences were not very pleasant.

When everything was cleaned up, there was complete silence all around. I took a shower, put on my pajamas, and lay down on Jungwon's comfortable bed. I was waiting for the boy to come to his room, and sleep with me.

But eventually, I was so exhausted after all the experiences that happened that day, I just let my eyes to take some rest. After some time I heard the door opening quietly, and closing right after. Then I felt the mattress bend next to me, and slender arms gently wrapped around my waist, pulling me softly to the boy's chest. He rest his head on my neck, exhaling lightly.

"Good night, darling." I heard him whisper softly, before we both fall asleep.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I woke up a few hours later. The sun was already high on the sky. The tiredness from yesterday was still giving its signs, but I didn't regret it. I liked the fact that I was able to participate in it with another clan. Heeseung told the legend especially for them. It was kind of weird to hear this story when I realized it was about me. Everyone was looking at us, but all I remember is Jungwon's wonderful eyes fixed on me. His loving look. Others didn't matter much.

While Jungwon was still asleep, my mind fled to Sunghoon. He found his soul, it should be a happy event. So why did the others seem to just worry about it? Even Sunghoon himself looked as if something had happened. Wasn't finding a soul the happiest event in their lives for them?Why was everyone... sad?

After some minutes Jungwon opened his eyes, blinked a few times, then shuffled on the duvet, moving closer to me and he put his head on my chest, closing his eyes once again. I braided my fingers into his hair and gently combed through it.

Ask him or better keep this strange anxiety to myself?

"Darling.." he whispered in a sleepy, hoarse voice. "Hmm?" I hummed back, "You're worried about something." it was a definite statement of fact. "No.." I said weakly. 

"Darling, you know I can feel it. You don't have to lie. What's wrong?" he asked, and lifted his head from my chest, lying down right next yo me to be able to look into my eyes. He stroked back my hair strands tenderly, which fell stray into my face. I couldn't hide anything from him.

"I have such a strange impression.." I started, and he politely waited until I finish the thought, "That you all are not happy that Sunghoon found his second half. After all.. it's something everyone's always waiting for. I just don't understand this." I turned my eyes away from him, while sighing softly.

I knew I couldn't know everything about vampires. I was in this topic completely new, and I was just learning. However, I felt a little stupid to ask such questions.

Jungwon delayed his reply. He stared at me with beautiful violet eyes that expressed.. sadness. There was definitely something wrong with it all.

"You see.. every vampire should find a second half from its clan. It's always been like this." he paused for a moment, as if searching for the right words. "When we manage to solve the problem with the cursed pack, Taeyong will leave, and Sunghoon's second half will have to follow her leader. They'll have to be parted from each other, causing pain to both sides." the boy explained with such a tenderness in his voice.

"But.." I started, but Jungwon cut me off, "If Sunghoon lets her go and stays here alone, he will suffer badly. Because of my fault, you know what it means to suffer when your second half is away.." he closed his eyes for a second, "But if their love will be stronger... then Sunghoon will leave us."

"But why can't she leave her clan and join us?" I asked straight away, "That's not really how it works. You know.. there's something more with this that really means."

I couldn't believe what he said. However, Jungwon was right. I understood how much suffering would cost Sunghoon to let her go. They will both be in pain, and will not be able to bear it, knowing that there is a way for them to be together.

Sunghoon's departure would help them a lot. I couldn't imagine that he might not be with us. After all, Sunghoon was the first vampire I met. Even though I didn't know about it from the beginning. I knew he was my great friend, and I didn't want him to go away.

Jungwon chuckled softly, "Don't be sad," he said, gently strokong my cheek, "It'll work out somehow."

"But what if not, Jungwon? What if something's gonna go wrong?" at this point, someone knocked loudly on our door.

"No more sleeping love birds!" Jake shouted, "Jay is calling for breakfast!"

Jungwon with a loud groan put a pillow over his gead, not wanting to stand up. He covered his body with the duvet, and began muttering things under his breath. "That's why I don't like this apartment. Zero peace and privacy." I chuckled at the boy's words before getting out of the bed.

I disappeared in the bathroom for a quick shower, them put on shorts and a sleevless top, and went downstairs without really waiting for Jungwon.

As always, the kitchen, dining room, and living room were full of vampires. They sat on whatever they could, and ate breakfast. Again, I felt a little remorse that Jay was preparing everything by himself. Especially since there were so many vampires to cook for.

However, when I entered the kitchen to get my portion, I noticed that Jiwon, Jungmi and Chae had helped him. Each of them gave me a broad smile, and a tray of food was placed in my hand. Again, there was nowhere to go, so I went out onto the terrace, and sat down on one of the two steps by the terrace.

When I was about to start eating, I noticed that a few meters away, by one of the trees, Sunghoon and the beautiful girl were standing. They talked and gave each other gentle, tender smiles. They looked happy. She was clutching a bunch of freshly picked wildflowers, his hands hidden in the pockets of his shorts.

"Her name is Hayun," a female voice whispered. I guessed that Minsoo had approached me again. I looked at her with a smile, seeing that she is sitting next to me. "She is a very nice and kind girl."

"How old is she?" I asked. Me and Jungwon had a small gap age between us, so I was wondering if Sunghoon and Hayun also had one.

"She may not look, but she's 20." the girl nixt to me laughed slightly, "She is tiny and looks young, but she is an adult already." I nodded, unable to believe she was Jungwon's age. She really looked young.

"But.. she's is Taeyong's little sister."

──────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.8K 2K 38
cafunรฉ (v.) running your fingers through your lover's hair. moving into a new house with nice neighbours is what everyone wants right? Well what happ...
35.7K 1.3K 12
โ ๐’”๐’‰๐’–๐’• ๐’–๐’‘. ๐’‹๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’„๐’‚๐’–๐’”๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’“๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’—๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‘๐’Š๐’“๐’† ๐’…๐’๐’†๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’Ž๐’†๐’‚๐’ ๐’Š ๐’„๐’‚๐’'๐’• ๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’Œ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ ๐’•๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’–, ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…...
23.4K 833 44
โ I never fell from a love this tall. Hell, i never imagined I'd be ever ready again. โž He's an insomniac, alcoholic & someone who is broken, inside...
32.7K 1.3K 28
" "Jungwon and Jake..." She muttered to herself. "You know her already?" Jungwon's interest peaked as he looked at the two of them. " Taking a wel...