โœ“ the second half. | ์ •์›

By inhaniee

"you're his second half." jaeun has always felt like she doesn't fit in the human world, like she didn't have... More

เฉญ
prologue.
chapter 01.
chapter 02.
chapter 03.
chapter 04.
chapter 05.
chapter 06.
chapter 07.
chapter 08.
chapter 09.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 31.
chapter 32.
chapter 33.
chapter 34.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 39.
chapter 40.
epilogue.
the end.

chapter 28.

3.7K 204 143
By inhaniee

028 — eavesdropping.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The pack was at home for good. Everyone found a place for themselves, which didn't really suit Jiwon, who had to make her room available. Most of the male members of Taeyong's pack slept in the woods in the form of black wolves. After all, this was their daily life.

However, women could not accompany them, so we had to provide them with as much space as possible. Jiwon moved to Ni-ki, which of course she couldn't complain about, but she didn't want to give up her room. I had to help her take off all the dream catchers she didn't want to move without. It was not only an extra person in Ni-ki's room, but also a large box of dream catchers. But his face said it all. As long as Jiwon was with him, she could do with his bedroom whatever she wanted.

Jake moved to Jungmi's room, and released a room in the other house. Sunghoon moved in with Beomgyu and Taehyun, and several other people agreed to give up their rooms. Thanks to this, all women had a place to sleep. I heard that Yeeun was causing some trouble in this case, but no one wanted to tell me the details, and I didn't really ask.

My parents finally came back from their business trip, and invited my friends for a family barbecue. It made my dad a bit grumpy, but my mom, on the contary, was very pleased, even happy. She prepared a lot of food and drinks, we spread out a few tables in the garden so that everyone had a place to sit.

My parents knew that there were many of my friends, but they probably did not think that there were so many. When they arrived with several cars, we had nowhere to park them. Jungwon arrived on his motorcycle as usual, which Dad didn't like, but when he saw his mom hurling lightning from her eyes, he said nothing. At least he liked Chae and Heeseung right away. I felt just as if he had fallen in love with them.

"Aren't they too young to be already married?" my mother asked, surprised, "Is it because she's pregnant?" she asked, and covered her mouth with her hand.

"No, mom!" I said right away, "They got married when they were eighteen. But believe me when I say they really love each other." I explained it to mom, and chuckled after seeing the shock written all over her face.

Everyone was sitting in the garden where the grill was burning, you could hear loud laughs, and conversations. I was glad that they found some common topics. I also figured out how to explain to my parents that I have to live with the vampires for a while. I decided to lie to them a bit, but it was obviously for the greater good so I had no remorse. I just didn't know how to tell them so that my dad wouldn't have a heart attack.

Jay decided to turn up the atmosphere a bit, so he brought his guitars with him, and played wonderfully. My mother couldn't stop adroing him. She has always loved men playing guitars and instruments in general, so as soon as she heard him, she turned into a huge fan of Jay.

"Mom, Dad, there is a thing I want to talk about with you." I said when they all finished eating and finally there was a moment of silence in which I could cut in a little.

"Everyone is going on holidays," I looked at Jiwon, who sent me a bright smile, "And I wanted to ask, if you would mind if I went with them?"

"Holidays? Where?" dad asked, immediately stiffening. He really did get a little overprotective. "And with who?"

"We thought about going on Jeju island. Seaside vacation would be fun, and refreshing for all of us," Heeseung said in a calm voice, seriously. Everytime he spoke, dad has a slight smirk on his face, so I was grateful to Heeseung for helping me.

"I've always wanted to see Jeju island, so I'd love to go with them.." I said quietly, looking hopefully at my mother who smiled comfortingly, and nodded.

"But.. you will have separate rooms, huh?" dad asked, raising one of his brows.

Everyone looked at him surprised, and I thought I was going to burn with the shame. I saw how Jake and Sunghoon immeditely looked at each other, holding back a burst of laughter, which embarrassed me even more.

Chae probably figured out what she should say to calm down my dad a bit. "Jiwon and Jaeun will be together. The rest, of course, in other rooms." It was complete nonsense, of course, because I'm going to sleep in Jungwon's room anyway, but if that lie was going to make my dad's life a little easier, I wasn't going to tell the truth.

"Well, then.. I think it's okay." he nodded, and then went back to eating.

I smiled to Heeseung, but out of the corner of my eye I noticed that Jungwon didn't look pleased at all. He looked worried, and sad.

The party lasted until late evening. Finally Heeseung decided it was time to go back. I knew he was in a rush, because he left the other clan with some of our clan members, so it's logical that you should worry about them. And on top of all this, he still thought about The Cursed.

I helped my mother carry the dirty dishes to the kitchen where she immediately started washing up. As I walked past the living room to see if there were any plates or glasses left in the garden, I heard dad's voice.

"Could I talk with you, Jungwon?" he asked, and I knew immediately that something's gonna happen. I knew I shouldn't have done this, but curiosity won out. I pressed against the wall against which the mirror was hanging, thanks to which I could see exactly what was happening in the next room. Jungwon was standing in front of my father, who had his hands in the pockets of his pants.

Jungwon said nothing, and just stared deeply into the my father's eyes. "If you think that I don't know what you're planning, then you're wrong." dad said, what caught me off guard. What was he talking about?

He stepped closer to Jungwon, who didn't move even a bit, "I know every single move you've made and will make." he whipsered, which made really hard for me to hear it.

Then Jungwon looked at the mirror which I was looking into, locking our gazes together. I immediately slid down, terrified, and covered my mouth with my hand to mute any sounds that could come out.

Jungwon laughed awkwardly, and started, "Look, sir. I don't know what you're talking about." the boy cleared his throat," But I know, and I'm aware that you don't like me too much. And I know Jaeun is the most important for you, as the only daughter. I just wanted to say that I care about her and love her a lot, and will take care of her with all my strength."

Dad widened his eyes for a moment, then sighed, "You're almost three years older than her, aren't you?" he said, and I wanted to be outraged that he remembered my age at that moment. It didn't matter in the least. "You like her now, but how do you know what's going to be in a few months?" dad muttered, crossing his hands on his chest, "For you, she's probably just an ordinary girl you leave for the next one, who will be around your age. It's a matter of time, Jungwon."

What he said hurt me. I knew he wasn't doing it in bad faith. He was just worried about me, and Jungwon's breaking my heart, but it still hurt. He had no idea what was between us. Now, without Jungwon, neither was I. He was my whole world. However, I couldn't tell my father that this boy's soul was the other half of mine, and by only being together we can complete each other, and just be who we are.

"I'm sorry to tell this, sir, but you're wrong," the boy said confidently, "Jaeun is not just an ordinary girl. You have no idea what it was for me to find someone like her." there was a hint of relief, love and delight in his voice. "The minimum gap we have between us does not matter at all."

"Well, you can speak very well. However, words are not enough for me." dad insisted, letting out a deep sigh.

"If you let me, sir, I'll prove that nothing else matters to me besides Jaeun. I love your daughter. I love her more than everything, and I would do anything just to make her happy and safe. I won't let anyone hurt her." Jungwon said, making dad look at him a little surprised.

I don't think he expected something like this from the boy. But I felt like I was about to melt after hearing these words. Jungwon talked about our relations in such a way that my heart tightened with love, and it felt like popping out of my chest.

"You are quite brave, that you were able to say what you think so confident." dad chcickled, which surprised me a bit. "I'll give you a chance. But it's up to Jaeun."

"Thank you, sir," Jungwon smiled, while bowing slightly, "But just to be sure," dad added, "On this holidays you have a separate room. I won't let you do what boys your age only think about." he frowned, and Jungwon nodded as an confirmation to his words.

Then, dad leaned closer to Jungwon's ear, and whispered, "You better prepare yourself," Jungwon's face lightened up with furry, as he clunched his jaw and clenched his fists, "For holidays of course! I hope you all have nice time on Jeju." he exclaimed right away, patting Jungwon's arm before walking away, upstairs.

I hurriedly went to the garden, and looked around carefully, checking if everything's already taken, then folded the tablecloths on the tables.

"Not nice to eavesdrop on other people's conversations, darling." Jungwon whispered right into my ear as I picked up the last tablecloth.

I jumped up, scared, of course, dropping everything on the ground. I turned to face him, with a scowl on my face. I hated that they all moved so silently, and in addition, they hear that they might be eavesdropped.

I pouted my lower lip, not knowing what to say. I could not deny it, because I really listened to them. "What were you two talking about?" I asked.

I could see that a slight worrieness and panic appeared on Jungwon's face, but he quickly smiled brightly, and said, "Oh, I think that you perfectly know, darling." he chuckled, poking my cheek.

"To be honest, I'm impressed you dared to talk to my father so directly." I smiled, turning to face him.

He laughed as he put his hands on my waist, pushing me gently towards him. "I just told him pure truth." he smiled, looking into my eyes, "And I wouldn't have to be afraid at all. I am a vampire, I have more strength than him and I certainly run faster, even in human form. Even if your dad wanted to do something me, he would definitely not be able to."

"Cheater." I muttered, smiling a little nonetheless.

"WHEN YOU'RE ON MY PROPERTY, YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 1 METER FROM EACH OTHER!" father yelled out the window, and I jumped straight away from Jungwon, who was holding back an outburst of laughter.

"LEAVE THEM ALONE YOU OLD MORON!" mom screamed, and you could hear a loud crack. Just as if she had hit dad with something very hard.

"You should pack your things," Jungwon said, ignoring the screams coming from the house. "Heeseung might be waiting for you by now."

──────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 1.9K 38
cafunรฉ (v.) running your fingers through your lover's hair. moving into a new house with nice neighbours is what everyone wants right? Well what happ...
3.5K 476 5
BTS X READER - SUPERNATURAL/SOULMATE AU โ™กโ™กโ™ก Being a half-breed with vampire and dragon blood is a rare thing in this world, and it comes with its sha...
428K 13.2K 45
"๐™ˆ๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™š๐™–๐™ง ๐™ž๐™™๐™ค๐™ก๐™จ, ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ข๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™–๐™จ ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ข๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™› ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ฃ๐™ค.1 ๐™›๐™–๐™ฃ, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š, ๐™„ ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ฉ๏ฟฝ...
322K 17K 44
"you made me so fucking crazy, you know? i've never wanted to destroy someone as much as you." didn't your mom tell you to not talk with strangers? e...