โœ“ the second half. | ์ •์›

By inhaniee

"you're his second half." jaeun has always felt like she doesn't fit in the human world, like she didn't have... More

เฉญ
prologue.
chapter 01.
chapter 02.
chapter 03.
chapter 04.
chapter 05.
chapter 06.
chapter 07.
chapter 08.
chapter 09.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 31.
chapter 32.
chapter 33.
chapter 34.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 39.
chapter 40.
epilogue.
the end.

chapter 23.

3.9K 210 112
By inhaniee

023 — bad feeling.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Uhm.. I mean- .." Jiwon muttered completely terrified, "Jiwon, did you see my..." Ni-ki appeared in the room.

He had a smile on his face at first, but as soon as he saw Jungwon turn to face him, he immediately took a step back, with shock written all over his face. After a while he quickly left the room. I didn't even have time to react, and Jungwon rushed right after him. Moments later we could hear them scream outside, regardless of the fact that it was pouring damn well.

"He won't hurt him, will he..?" the girl asked with a voice full of worry.

She was completely pale, her hands were trembling. The gleam in her eyes was incredibly beautiful. You just wanted to look into her eyes as long as u could.

"You know he won't," I assured her with a slight smile, "He's your second half, after all. And Jungwon is your brother. He can't do anything to Ni-ko even when got a little nervous, but he will be over soon. Don't worry, Ji." I smiled broadly, and walked over to the girl looking into her eyes.

Jiwon smiled back, and I finally saw the joy on her face. She was happy with what happened between her and Ni-ki. "I'm glad," I said, and hugged her tightly. The girl laughed loudly, and then jumped up several times, "Will you show me the sign?" I asked immediately.

There was a slight flush on her cheeks, but she nodded. She pulled up the sleeve of her T-shirt to reveal her right shoulder. The mark was round, with a few flowers in it. When she showed it to me, she was smiling broadly.

"It's wonderful!" she squealed in delight.

It was great seeing her in such a mood. She didn't want to be with Ni-ki in the beginning, but she really wanted to be like that. In fact, it was thanks to him, that she found her desired freedom. And that was all that mattered.

"Can I spend the night with you today?" I asked, "Mom asked me to stay at your house so that I won't drive in such weather." and as if on cue, there was a loud thunder outside the window.

"Yes of course. Why are you even asking?" the girl chuckled, "Because you know.. I didn't take any change of clothes with me." I mumbled.

"Don't worry, there will be something for you in my wardrobe." she sent me a wink, and smiled cutely.

After several minutes, Jungwon returned home, completely drenched. The water was dripping from his wet clother and hair strands, what not gonna lie made him look attractive. But I was still hoping he didn't do anything to Ni-ki.

"Why are you angry?" I asked, as I followed him to his the bedroom, "Because he marked her." he growled through clenched teeth.

"But... isn't that good? After all, it makes Jiwon safe and happy, and I guess you want her to be happy."

Jungwon let out a light scoff, "Of course I want, but!- .. " he stopped, not really knowing what to say next, "Better him than those who attacked her, right?" I uttered, and he looked at me, terrified.

These words made him realize what could have happened if Ni-ki had not run to her that day. I talked to Jay about this once. The vampire woman can be marked by someone who is not her second half. Unfortunately, this makes her unhappy for the rest of her life, and involuntarily she must be devoted to the one who marked her. I don't want my friend to have to go through something like this.

After a while, the boy nodded his head, and then went to the bathroom to take a shower.

Outside the window the storm was still raging, the rain was hitting the windows. It didn't look like it was going to end soon.

I went back to Jiwon, who was already laying in bed, dressed in her pajamas. I borrowed a T-shirt and shorts from her, and jumped onto the bed next to her. Of course, instead of going to sleep, we started to laugh at our inside jokes and various stupid things. We always did that when I stayed overnight, and now we didn't even mind the storm raging outside.

"Being a second half is.. special, isn't it?" she whispered, "Indescribable," I nodded, "All the feelings are so strong that sometimes I can't even think straightly. Why did me and Jungwon take so long to get away from this?" I shrugged my shoulders.

After some time, our eyes finally started to slowly close. I think the exhaustment finally was doing its job. Unfortunately, we were not meant to fall asleep calmly, because the girl's brother suddenly appeared in the room. He turned on the lights, and looked at us surprised. He still had his hair wet (probably after taking a warm shower) and he was wearing black T-shirt with gray sweatpants.

Without a word, he walked over to us and slid his hands under my back and knees, carrying me in a bridal style out of Jiwon's room. I didn't understand him completely.

"You bastard! We were just about to fall asleep!" Jiwon groaned, covering her head with the duvet, "If you don't want to sleep by yourself, take your second half to sleep with you, but you don't steal mine!" the boy said, and we just left her room.

As I was too tired to even take a step, the boy just carried me to his room. He laid me carefully on the bed, leaving a sweet kiss on my forehead right after.

"You could have taken one of mines.." Jungwon pulled the end of the T-shirt that served as my pajamas, making me laugh, and shook my head at his cuteness.

When the boy finally took his place next to me, he immediately snuggled closer to me, and started playing with the strands of my hair. His steady breath was calming, making me slowly fall asleep. It was all perfect, until I unfortunately remembered the article I saw on the internet. 

Torn bodies.

Heeseung assured me it wasn't because of me. However, I still couldn't entirely believe him.

"Hey darling, what's wrong?" Jungwon whispered. He sensed my sudden change immediately. I shook my head not wanting to talk about it, "Tell me." he insisted, and poked my cheek.

I moved closer to him, and buried my face in his chest. "I hate that it's all happening because of me," I said honestly, "I know, that I have no influence on the fact that I am the reincarnation of Eunji. It was planned from the beginning. However, I can't help, but think that everyone is suffering from it. Better if I didn't show up."

"Yah.. don't say that.." Jungwon whispered, embracing me with one of this arms.

"When it's true.." first tear ran down my cheek, "The Cursed are the problem here. They don't want their human part." Jungwon muttered angry.

"I want it all to end," I groaned, "I don't want any of you to get hurt."

"Nothing will happen to anyone," he assured, hugging me tighter. "Everything will be fine. Heeseung will contact other clans, there will be more of us. The Cursed will not dare to do anything." I nodded at his words, not being entirely convinced, though.

I wanted to believe what Jungwon said, and I tried very hard to make it happen. But still, somewhere inside me, I felt something was going to happen.

I had a bad feeling

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Dad wasn't happy that I didn't come home until the next day. Mom explained to him that I slept in a room with girls (and of course I didn't get them out of this lie). It started to amuse me a bit that my dad acted like that. It was a bit like he's jealous. I admired my mother for being able to calm him down.

"You know, dad and I had an idea," my mom said one day at dinner, "Don't get me into this." dad muttered grumpily. Now I was sure he was against it, but my mom made him do something again. However, it was she who ruled their relationship.

"We would like your friends to come over in a random weekend. We'll have a barbecue, and we'll be able to meet your new friends!" she smiled sincerely, "We would like to finally meet them."

I liked the idea very much. I just wanted Dad to see that my group of friends is the most wonderful in this world. Maybe when he sees I'm happy, he'll finally change his mind.

"You don't want to meet them?" I asked my dad, seeing his offended expression. "Friends, absolutely! I'm glad you have friends. I don't like the fact, that you're spending entire afternoon with this bunch of guys that appeared out of nowhere!" he snorted, rolling his eyes.

Me and mom burst out laughing, "They are really nice. I think you will find some common topics."

──────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598K 29.9K 72
When vampires exist in this world, who come out at night to hunt for humans, Yena, a girl who was diagnosed with depression, had no will to live anym...
7.1K 320 25
When they meet unknowingly and found out they're soulmates โœจ --โœจ------โœจ-- A JEON JUNGKOOK FANFICTION It contains mature conten...
35.2K 1.3K 12
โ ๐’”๐’‰๐’–๐’• ๐’–๐’‘. ๐’‹๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’„๐’‚๐’–๐’”๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’“๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’—๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‘๐’Š๐’“๐’† ๐’…๐’๐’†๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’Ž๐’†๐’‚๐’ ๐’Š ๐’„๐’‚๐’'๐’• ๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’Œ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ ๐’•๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’–, ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…...
14.3K 425 25
Vampire au "๐™ƒ๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™๐™ช๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ, ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™—๐™š ๐™๐™ช๐™ข๐™–ne ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช" "๐™Ž๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™›๐™ž๐™ง๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๏ฟฝ...