HEX - Uprising - HermitCraft...

By trans-sunflowrs

He was tired. Tired of how his family got the spotlight, how he was cast aside. So, to combat that, he became... More

Information
disclaimer <3
Prologue
Chapter 1; Not Everyone Likes the Hero,
Chapter 2; Some Like the Villain.
Chapter 3; And Some Have No Preference.
Chapter 4; That Mother Fucker.
Chapter 5; FlashBack I
Chapter 6; Teaming Up
Chapter 7; Regret?
Chapter 8; Family Dinner.
Chapter 9; Normality
Chapter 10; The Park, 4 AM Thoughts, and a Realization
Chapter 11; Midnight chaos with a sprinkle of gay
Chapter 12; Realizing A Mistake, Fixing It, and Happy News (From Grian)
Chapter 14; Halloween Night (And, a k i s s)
Chapter 14.5; Aftermath
Question.
Chapter 15; The Job
Chapter 16; Oh shit oh shit oh shit.
oneshot based on this book - necromancy!grian edition.
Chapter 17; I.D.I.O.T.S (important A/N at the end)
Chapter 18; A New Normal.
Epilogue + Note

Chapter 13; New Hires

89 7 68
By trans-sunflowrs

[Xemon POV]

Badtimes had mentioned before I left to head home that I'll end up meeting his brother tomorrow because Grian and I share a shift, and he'll likely come in during G's break. 

'Course, I'll probably end up ignoring them, and actually do my job. I'm pretty sure I'm on pastry duty tomorrow.

I'm actually pretty good at cooking and baking --Auntie taught me-- and I've been trying to get better. I never exactly work on baking different sweeter foods, Aether, I rarely bake as is.

Baking's pretty fun when I get the chance to. I've never been given the chance to yet since Evelyn wasn't the manager on shift when I normally worked. [Besides the first week, but they weren't ready to have me help back there yet.]

Turns out V isn't trusted during pastry baking days. He's burnt them so much, or something like that. 

"Hey, Xemon?" Grian called from out front, as I set the lemon tarts into the oven. 

"Yeah?"

"Could you take over out front for me? I'm going on break."

"Sure. Give me a moment, I need to set the timer." 

"Okay, but hurry up."

"Fine fine."

I quickly turned the timer onto the correct time and placed it on the top-most place on the stove. 

Once I got to the front, Grian immediately went to start his break.

I wonder why he's being so impatient today. 

Today's surprisingly busy. 

I mean, it is a Friday, right-?

I don't know the date anymore, all I know is that tomorrow is-

TOMORROW'S HALLOWEEN?

----

Once the cafe was practically empty, and no one had come in just yet, Grian dragged me away to meet his fiance, I assume. 

"Scar, meet Xemon. Xemon, meet Scar." He said, and he was clearly hyper.

Anyway, I ended up becoming good friends with Scar, or well I hope at least. 

We'd had a shit ton in common surprisingly. 

Then again, Grian and I do too.

----

Evelyn and V switched shifts around the third quarter way through my shift. 

V's doing the d20 thing, in the middle of one of our tables. 

Did he just approve two-?

Did he even read over them?

Actually, he probably got them down to the best candidates and then is rolling to do interviews or something.

He may act stupidish, but he's actually pretty smart. 

I'm pretty sure he went to college, but I have no idea what degree he got.

He's spotted me at the front.

"Hey, Xemon, want to look over these for me? I'm kinda biased with people, and all. I have three people down, but I need one to be thrown out."

"Bring them over."

"Thanks!"

----

So, the people he had were, unsurprisingly Scar [Grian probably paid V to hire him], Hels, I guess he followed through on trying to be hired to screw with me, and some dude called Doc. 

I don't feel like looking over these all, so I'm just going to tell V that they're okay.

Besides I'm probably not even supposed to be doing this.

----

Okay, so it turns out that, one, Grian knows Doc. [He's his brother's boyfriend or something, I wasn't really paying attention.] 

I'm kinda glad we're hiring new people. I already kinda have a steady income in being a villain in itself, so I don't need to work every day, I only do it to keep people from thinking I am, well, me. 

I hope if Hels is actually hired, I don't share shifts with him.

I don't want to deal with his bullshit.

----

Because I'm in love with Halloween, I've decided to, for once, hand out candy. I'll be at the Cafe because they have some of us do that, I guess?

I'm currently walking through Walmart's Halloween section because I like to take masks and stuff and customize them. 

Wait a moment-

Oh my goodness, there are costumes of my villainy outfit. 

Why would a kid even want to look like me? Sure, I'd done a few good things, like donating to charities, and fighting the government, but why?

I'm not even that popular, right-?

I ignore the news, so-

Maybe I am? 

I have no idea. 

I'll have to check online later. Once I'm home. 

----

I ended up grabbing multiple different masks, and some clay. I already have paint at home. 

I'm gonna work on it, but I still need to check if I am popular anyway.

Okay so I'm pretty popular.

And there's fanart.

It looks nic-

NEVVVVVVERMIND

There's fanart of Hels and I.

It's by this one person called 'Vee_the_gay' (a/n casually references friend :D)

(a/n again but like i just thought: when the internet can feel your sexual/romantic tension before you, you know you're in a fanfiction)

Why?

Is?

The?

World?

Against?

Me?!

I hate being in love.

---

I've finally finished the costume. It's of this one creepypasta I've grown to love. 

His name is X-Virus. 

Wait, Hels' messaged me.

'H: Hey, Xem? Guess what.'

'X: what, asshat?'

'H: You're my coworker now, <3.'

'X: i hate you.'

'H: You better <3'

'X: anyways im handing out candy tmrw with them, you doing it too?"

'H: sure! matching costumes?'

'X: ye. im bein x virus.'

'H: wait, can we be our hero-selves, we're pretty popular.'

'X: aether yeah. but, you owe me, bc this costume cost me 20 bucks.'

'H: ill pay you back, somehow, i promise.'

'X: okay. see you tmrw?'

'H: how about later? i want to plan something together?'

'X: plan what?'

'H: something stupid.'

'X: its not fucing stupid, tell me.'

'H: no. its a surprise' 

'X: i hate you.'

'H: i hate you too. let's get married.'

'X: no. i gtg and put away this waste of a costume.'

'H: okay, bye.'

'X: bye.'

Did Hels just, offer to get married??? I know it's a joke, but like, I would totally marry him.

Anyways, I should get to putting all of this away. 

If Hels is coming over, then I want my place to look somewhat decent.

----

Okay so Hels came over and the surprise was that he's touch starved, and the time I fell asleep on him had helped so he's forcing me to cuddle with him???

Honestly, this feels nice. Normal, even. I love this man way too much. If only he liked me back.

"Oh, Xem, I had mentioned wanting to plan something, right?"

"Yeah?"

"There's this corrupt hero in the town right next to us." 

"Okay and? I don't care."

"I want to beat his ass, and because your my partner in crime, I want you to do this with me."

"Sure. But you owe me more than before."

"I promise, is there anyway I can pay my debt to you now?"

Time to screw with him.

"Kiss me then."

--------------

the urge to make hels kiss him and say no homo was strong here.

anyways cliffhanger bc I love yall <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 531 103
TRIGGER WARNINGS: - Descriptions of graphic blood and gore - Strong language - Sexual themes - Descriptions of physical and psychological torture - T...
618 41 17
yet another new story that starts with enthusiasm and fizzles out and goes silent for 7 years because i hate myself. MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING!! this w...
6.3K 62 45
" Why ? " I asked as tears fell from my eyes once again because of him . " Why not ? " He answered in an arrogant tone before walking away from me . ...
216 20 1
Xisumavoid remembers nothing before they came. As a child, he and his twin were kidnapped for their magical properties to be used for unknown purpose...