𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑 | 𝘰𝘩 𝘴𝘦𝘩𝘶𝘯

ziniscrib tarafından

↝ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴄᴛ ɪɪ "I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is unattended. Please try again later." started: 101922... Daha Fazla

p r o l o g u e
↣ chapter one
↣ chapter two
↣ chapter four
↣ chapter five
↣ chapter six
↣ chapter seven
↣ chapter eight
↣ chapter nine
↣ chapter ten
↣ chapter eleven
↣ chapter twelve
↣ chapter thirteen
↣ chapter fourteen
↣ chapter fifteen
↣ chapter sixteen
↣ chapter seventeen
whatchu doin, where you at
↣ chapter eighteen
↣ chapter nineteen
↣ chapter twenty
↣ chapter twenty-one
↣ chapter twenty-two
honestly

↣ chapter three

276 21 2
ziniscrib tarafından

"There it is..."

Before Heejung was a 4-story building which had a modern construction dancing in brown, black and white tones. A big, lit up sign in the center of it flashed the name: 2 Fourth Records.

"Congratulations, Leo." She spoke in English, turning to the male beside her who had his hands rested on his hips. Leo smiled and gave her a side hug as they admire his newly-opened entertaining company.

"Come, I'll tour you around." He pulled her with him to the entrance that goes through the side, and up the few steps of stairs.

"All right, PDnim."

"That feels weird but okay." He huffed, the name she called him still too unfamiliar to him, but accepted it nevertheless since he will be hearing this pretty often frow now on. Heejung tittered at this.

When they're together, they preferred speaking English even though Leo, an English man, is pretty fluent with his Korean.

Back in the UK, Heejung and Leo were introduced by her classmate, and learned that Leo was part of one of the most prominent entertainment company in Asia – Warner Music Korea. After having a jamming session at the dorm of Heejung's classmate, Heejung didn't cease the opportunity and continued a friendly business connection with Leo as she also wanted to dive into the commerce of Music, which Leo generously offered.

Heejung didn't lack in gaining business connections with opportunities in London. But there was something that held her back to go home and have it a try. That something being the positive appraisal Korean Pop had been receiving globally, and in the form of her mother who persisted on going home to be closer to Heejae.

Leo and Heejung initially went through the first floor where the main lobby was, few staff coming in and out the building. Leo introduced the 23-year-old girl to some of the people around, trying to get them used to seeing each other.

"They know you're a producer and a songwriter," said Leo before they entered the elevator, and he pressed the 2nd floor button.

"Oh yeah?"

"They also know we're in need of one." Heejung side eyed him as he straightened his posture, wordlessly grinning and slightly hanging his head low.

She narrowed her eyes at the shades covering his large eyes and clicked her lips. "Rid the sunglasses, Leo. We're inside."

"Leave me alone. I barely got any sleep."

Before Heejung knew it, the elevator door rolled open and a new interior greeted them. It was more dim and had multiple doors down the narrow hall. There was a faint sound of music coming from the end of the way. Heejung turned to Leo and raised her eyebrows with anticipating orbs to convey if they could check it out.

Permitting it, Leo watched Heejung stride towards the glass door with a small smile. The bottom half of the door was covered with a blurring wallpaper whilst the other half was transparent enough to see the smooth dancing of a girl inside the room.

Heejung reckoned that the teenager was a trainee, and a more professional-looking woman beside her, teaching her some moves. The trainee was wearing a plaid polo crop top, sweatpants covering her legs and a Vans sneakers around her feet. Her hair was dyed beige and tied up on a ponytail, strands of baby hair falling over her forehead, long sideburns slightly covering her ears.She danced with no hint of complexity, easily mimicking each step and move her trainer teaches.

Even from that angle, her presence radiated so much of an idol.

"She the only trainee here?" asked Heejung.

"The only one who's debuting."

His reply caused the lass to turn to him instantly, curious. "Really?" She spoke in wonder. "How old is she?"

"18."

"Ah, youth." She exhaled, to which Leo snorted at.

"You're not in your menopause era yet, Kim Heejung." He lightly nudged her and they both cackled.

"Mhm. A soloist." She mused. "Do you think she can make it? It's a pretty big competition right now."

"She wants this more than anything, and she's been working very hard to secure her spot. I don't think there's anyone more ready than her. She's got a lot of potential."

"I see you've been really busy." She chuckled, crossing her arms over her chest as they remained watching the trainee absentmindedly.

"We're making her her first mini album after her first single. Some of it were worded out by her, about 3 of them?"

"Wow. You found yourself a gem."

The female trainee stopped dancing as per her trainer's order, and faced her bag which was situated on the couch next to the door. Her eyes flickered to the entrance and saw Leo and Heejung, and immediately, she bowed to them respectfully, to which the two casually echoed. Heejung stepped back when Leo reached for the door to open it, and entered the practice room. She tailed behind him mindlessly, and bowed to the trainee as the girl had done before them.

"Hello."

"Seonhee, I see you've been practicing really hard with Teacher Yijung." Leo spoke in Korean, as he turned to the trainer standing by the computer where they control the music. Heejung bowed to Teacher Yijung who cloned the action with a polite smile.

"Of course." Seonhee nodded, a beam painting her face contagious enough to make Heejung mirror the same smile. "You've put so much faith in me, so it's only right that I work hard."

The 23-year-old producer could easily tell the girl was very bright and jolly, the dimples on the sides of the girl's lips making her even more attractive.

"That's great, love that. Keep that attitude, kid. Oh by the way, this is Producer Kim Heejung." Leo motioned his hand over Heejung who stepped in and grinned at the lass.

"Hello, PDnim. I've heard so much about you," Seonhee voiced.

"Oh really?" Heejung chirped, sending Leo an amused glance. He in return chuckled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"They say you're a great songwriter and producer. I hope I could work with you soon." Seonhee bowed in a 90 degrees angle, and Heejung tittered forcefully, eyeing Leo who shrugged, acting all naïve.

"Why not?" Leo voiced as he blinked innocently at Heejung. "You're unemployed yet, and for sure you've got a lot of time in your hands."

Heejung pondered over this, pursing her lips into a thin line. He wasn't wrong. She could use some creative output now that she's unoccupied and waiting for the responses on her applications. It wouldn't hurt to be a part of fulfilling someone's dream.

"Heejung-a, what do you think?"

She flickered her eyes to the young trainee whose orbs were fixated on her with sanguine.

"How could I refuse?" A smirk lined on her lips.

//

Heejung checked her wristwatch from her hands that rested on the steering wheel, and found the short hand of the clock tick 7. Skies were painted with dark clouds, sprinkles of rain pattering against the windscreen, its light thumping following the rapid beating of Heejung's heart as the view of the barbecue house came into sight.

A mixture of excitement and nervousness caused the girl to exhale a deep sigh in hopes to calm her nerves. But the excitement remained with her as she stepped out of her car and towards the agreed meet up place.

The enticing smell of barbecue welcomed her as the bell hanging on the door chimed, smoke waving through the air along with a few chatter from the costumers. Her stomach grumbled at the sight of the mouthwatering barbecue being cooked on every table in the restaurant, until a voice called her.

"Kim Heejung!"

She spun towards the caller, and the familiar three faces beaming at her caused her lips to tug upwards into a grin.

"You guys are early," she said as she plopped on the floor, crossing her legs after. They had a four-seat table, bowls of side dishes scattered on it, and the mini stove at the center of it. Beside the mini stove was the pile of meat ready to satisfy their stomachs.

"You're just late," Suho retorted to which she chuckled at.

"Welcome home, Hee." The tall lad next to her, went for a side hug which she reciprocated. "It's so nice to have you back."

"I'm only here for the barbecue," Baekhyun deadpanned, and the others snorted.

"We're all here for it," Heejung pointed.

"Where's Myunghui?" Chanyeol asked as handed her the tong to serve herself some roasted meat.

"She's still settling."

"Still? Didn't she come home, like, 2 months before you?"

"Yes, but she has her own house now so she does have a lot to unpack and fix."

Heejung felt at ease in no time, as their conversations went on. For every topic they start, another batch of meat gets served.

"So what have you guys been up to these days?"

"Nothing much really," Baekhyun began. "Just making the most out of our days off."

"Yeah, we go on different trips 'cause this is the only time we can do it," Chanyeol added, then his eyes gleamed and turned to her. "Have you tried surfing? You should try it, it's so fun! There's a really great beach to surf at, Sehun and I went together and man, was it..."

"We're also preparing for our comeback." Suho cut the younger off with an unbothered straight look directed on Heejung who awkwardly chuckled. The excited grin on Chanyeol's countenance was replaced with disoriented orbs shifting on Baekhyun who widened his eyes at him.

Heejung chuckled at the three for suddenly acting strange when they mentioned him as if it's such a taboo, when it's not at all. Though she wanted to speak up about it, she didn't want to change the mood of the wonderful evening and just went on with the topic Suho brought up.

"Are you even allowed to give spoilers for that?" She asked. "I'm still a fan. I might give intel, you know."

"Don't worry, they already have an idea. And we're way past from getting scared of giving out spoilers, Heejung-a." Baekhyun snorted to which Heejung raised her eyebrows at.

"You must have heard about the music camp in SM. Hangyul Hyung's the lead producer for this coming batch," Chanyeol disclosed.

"Wait, really?" It was her first time to hear about this. "Hangyul, that son of a—" a proud grin lined on her lips. "When is this gonna happen again?" She inquired.

"They're already sending out invitations to producers, I think. It's gonna start this August." Chanyeol answered. "You might get one too. You sent a demo, right?"

The eldest perked at this. "You sent a demo?"

"Didn't I tell you?" Baekhyun voiced as he put in a lettuce filled with Samgyupsal, garlic and paste inside his mouth.

"No," Suho replied, then he turned to the girl. "So you're planning on working at SM?"

"It's not the only place I sent a demo to, and I'm not expecting. " Heejung shrugged in a smug manner. "But why not try, right?" The three bobbed their heads as they mused over what she has spoken.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

109K 4K 32
Oh Sehun × Male Reader In which Zhang M/N auditions to SM just for shits and giggles, but gets accepted to his surprise. Instagram! AU Highest rankin...
13.4K 725 52
He texted the wrong number, she talked with him. A texting story.
119K 6.6K 31
⠀ hit the number up when you can't sleep at night. @atzver finished. #1 hotline
821K 24.6K 31
There is your best friend, there is the jerk and ... there is the dare. The dare. What if it overturns? But, before that could happen, you will h...