Look at me ~ Childe x reader...

Da Itsyo-girl

He is one of the harbingers of the fatui and is quite strict when it comes to work affairs. You work under h... Altro

A/n here :)
Chapter 1 ~Him.~
Chapter 2 ~ So much for not being "child friendly"~
Chapter 3 ~ My new temprory job~
Chapter 4 ~ The next day ~
Chapter 5 ~Overtime~
Chapter 6 ~ Sleepless night ~
Chapter 7~ Amusement park~
Chapter 8~Well- ~
Chapter 9 ~ Going already? ~
Chapter 10 ~ Well this was unexpected~
Hey hey heyy~~
Chapter 11 ~ Back to enemies? ~
Chapter 12 ~ Interesting ~
Chapter 13 ~My house ~
Chapter 14 ~ What a Surprise 😳🀭~
Chapter 15 ~ My bestfriend ~
Chapter 17 ~ Touma.... ~
Chapter 18~ The doctor ~
Chapter 19 ~ Give me a break~
Chapter 20 ~ Just leave me alone ~
Chapter 21 ~ Childes office ~
Chapter 22 ~ Childes pov ~
Chapter 23 ~ plans?? ~
Chapter 24~ !! ~
Chapter 25 ~ FΛ…βŠ‚β‚­ β“ŽπŸ€¬β“Š~
Chapter 26 ~ On the wayyyyy ~
Chapter 27 ~ In the toilet ~
Chapter 28 ~ Keep your hands to yourself ~
Chapter 29 ~ Childe & Akio ~
Chapter 30 ~ Y/n & Kaori ~
About the Smut :)
Chapter 31 ~Start of the day ~
Chapter 32~ Misson failed ❌ ~
A/n Here,, Very sorry πŸ’•
NEW FF IS OUT !!
Important Announcent β€ΌοΈβš οΈ
Chapter 33 ~ Please Hear me out ~
Chapter 34 ~ Proper confession~

Chapter 16 ~ who's birthday?!~

1.6K 45 80
Da Itsyo-girl

I entered the office feeling fresh, after meeting Akio last night I had a good night sleep.

Before I walk into the office I walk over to Akio and Kaori.

"Hey guysss!!!" I yell as I wave at them

"Hey y/nnn, long time no see" Kaori responds as she waves back

"What's up y/n" Akio says as he high fives me.

"Nothing really, just getting ready to walk into the office soon" I respond with a sigh.

"You guys still haven't made up huh?" He assumes

"Yeah that's about right" I reply as I take an even deeper sigh.

"So then you haven't got anything planned for today?" Kaori questioned looking shocked.

"Planned? What are you talking about?" I ask confused .

"Wait you don't know???" Akio enters the conversation randomly.

"Know what???" I now impatiently ask wanting them to spit it out already.

"It's Mr Childe's birthday today!!!" Kaori squeals and has a surprised look on her face (I'm guessing it's because I didn't know)

I widen my eyes, really is it actually his birthday today??

"Wait what?!" I respond in shock.

I take a quick look around to observe the office atmosphere. I then look back at them both.

"No one seems to care" I whispered to them.

"I mean most people in the office probably don't know, he doesn't make a big deal about it and I never see him celebrate it or cut cake or anything" Akio explained

"How come I'm only finding out about this now!!" I complain to Akio.

"Hey, I never knew you wanted to know" he says as he puts his hands up in defence.

"I know your on bad terms y/n but maybe a little something for his birthday can be an acceptation??" Kaori pouts as she tries to convince me.

"I-I guess being nice on his birthday is the least I could do" I give in and sigh in defeat.

"Well, you best get going, if you want you can give him a little cake too" Akio suggests as he winks.

I mimic him in front of his face and walk off.

It's really Childes birthday today and he's still stuck here doing work, Fatui really don't take days off.

I walked into the office and Childe didn't look up as usual.

I know we're not on good terms at the moment but I can't stand that he looks so gloomy on his birthday surely Teucer wouldn't want this for his brother.

Suck it in Y/n your going to make this day as good as it can get.

"Good morning sir!!" I randomly enthusiastically greet him.

Okay what a terrible start I just did that out of impulse what the hell.

He looked up and gave me a weirded out look.

"Good morning" He responded as he scratched the back of his head.

I just gave an awkward smile.

"Um so, are you free during lunch, after work????" I asked politely.

"Y/n are you feeling okay?" He asked as he got out of his chair and walked towards me.

"I-I'm perfectly fine, why do you ask??" I asked a little too formally.

He stood in front of me and puts his hand on my forehead.

"Hm, no temperature. Spit it out why are you trying to talk to me today" he inquired as he sighed

"No reason I just feel like spreading a bit of positivity today" I replied and gave a large smile.

"Don't you feel at least a little more positive today?? Or happy or something?!?!" I desperately try and get him to tell me.

"I feel the same as I do everyday, today is so acceptation. Carry on your positivity campaign on your side of the office please" he shook his head and sighed as if he was so done with me and went to sit back down.

Ugh why does he have to be so difficult, I thought as I walked over to my desk. Don't worry I'm not done yet. Everyone needs to enjoy their birthday and I'm doing this for Teucer!!

~Lunch time ~

"Y/n do you want to grab-" I heard Childe speak so I quickly got up.

"Ha ha actually I forgot I was busy for lunch, yeah I'm going to eat with Akio and Kaori. But lets grab something after work!!" I say and run out with my bag.

I need to get small cake and this is the only time I have to do it.

I run out the building and to the nearest cake shop.

As I enter I see a variety of cakes, small and large, heavily decorated and plain.

Damn it I don't even know what type of cake he likes.

I whip out my phone and decide to text Kaori she would know right?

Y/n:
Heyyy, what type of cake does Childe like?

Kaori:
Um I'm not sure myself but if I was to say I'd say just go with the plain sponge cake with jam in the middle. Everyone likes those right??

Y/n:
Good point, just keep it simple!!

Kaori:
Yeah, but get it decorated ;)

*Read by y/n*

Okay which one, I thought as I scanned the display.

"What's the occasion?" I hear a deep males voice ask me from behind.

I turn around and see Touma.

"Ahh you scared me for a second" I admit as I take a sigh of relief.

"Ahahaha, my bad. I'm guessing your choosing a cake for Mr Childe?" He assumes as he joined me in looking at the display.

"Don't tell me you know too" I complain and look defeated.

"Of course, wait don't tell me you didn't know it was his birthday until now??" He held his laughter in as he spoke.

"Not you too" I pout why do I always get filled in late.

"Hm, if your talking about Childe I suggest this cake" he pointed as he had one of his fingers on his lips as he thought.

He was slightly bent down scanning the cake he picked out.

I snap out of my thoughts and look at the cake.

It looked nice, small and compact easy to carry but cutely decorated.

"Are you sure he's into 'cute' decorations" I ask a little unsure about it.

"Um, no he's definitely not." He responded with ease and shook his head.

"So then why- but I didn't get to finish my sentence.

"But he'll definitely accept it" he affirmed as he gave a smile.

"Are you sure??" I ask still unsure about selecting that cake.

"Definitely" he softly responded as he stared into my soul.

"A-ah I'll take this one!" I turned to the cashier and broke eye contact with Touma.

"But can I get something custom written?" I ask

"Sure what you'll you like?" The cashier said smiling.

~Walking back to the office~

"Smart thinking, that's hilarious" Touma laughed while heartedly.

"Hahahhaa right?!?! I can't wait until he reads what it says" I say laughing aswell.

After our laughter dies down a little. Touma looks at me as we walk.

"You must be close to Mr Childe to care this much about his birthday" he said still looking at me.

"Oh no, it's not like that at all, in fact we don't get along" I quickly respond wanting to clear the misunderstanding.

"Oh? So why the effort" he asks kind of surprised.

"I'm not really sure, it just felt right" I say kind of confused as to how to put it.

After a few seconds his face changes from deep thought to a smile and he finally looks ahead.

"It's like that huh?" He mumbled to himself, I didn't  hear though.

"Pardon?" I ask wanting him to repeat.

"Nothing, let me know how it goes" Touma gave me a wide attractive smile.

I nod in response.

But one thing was annoying me, the way Touma was selecting the cake for Childe he spoke as if he knew him.

"Touma" I call his name, we both come to a halt outside the building doors.

"Yes?" He aid more in a question waiting for me to continue.

"Do you know Childe?" I asked

"Of course I do, he's my boss" he replied as if it was that obvious.

"You know what I mean" I say not wanting to keep it at that.

"Hm I don't know, do I?" He replies with a question and then turns away from me whilst giving a reminiscent smile.

He ends up walking in without me, leaving me standing there on my own.

Who is this guy and what relationship does he have with Childe?

~Inside the office ~

"You back, what did you have this time?"'I hear Childe ask without looking up at me.

Shite I forgot to get something this time as well.

"Just a sandwich and a drink, not that hungry today" I lie to him

"Did you ?" He asks now looking at me with a smile.

"Y-yeah" I mumble as I hold the cake box being my back and walk towards my desk facing him.

"What's that behind your back y/n?" He asks noticing that him hiding something.

"The rest of my lunch" I quickly respond not knowing what to say.

He looks at me a little shocked, but then nodded and got back to work.

Phew anyway I'll just put this in the minor fridge hoping he doesn't need to open it.

~After work~

Okay now it's time, the office was quite empty people and gone home, but this man was still at it.

I was literally just waiting for him to stop.

Until I couldn't take it anymore, as I kept waiting time was passing and id isn't know how long he'd take I need to give it now.

"Okay okay, that's enough right?" I suddenly speak as I stand up and walk to his desk.

"Y/n you've been acting strange today just tell me what a wrong I may be able to help- I didn't let him finish I walked over to the light switch dimmed the lights.

I then walked to the mini fridge in packed the small cake and put a lit candle on it.

"Happy birthday Childe" I said whilst I have him a genuine smile and placed the cake in front of him on his desk.

His mouth was lightly open as he stared at the cake.

But he didn't say anything he just looked.

It made me uneasy.

"Go on then at least blow the candle" I said feeling a little embarrassed.

He looked up at me and smiled.

"Is this the reason you were acting weird today" he said as he laughed wholeheartedly.

"H-hey that's a bit rude don't you think" I stutter as I was taken aback by his sudden expression of his good mood.

"I have to say, that cake is awfully decorated. Cute? So not my theme and the message-" he paused as he read the personalised writing

'Happy birthday Child(e)'

He looked at me.

"Creative, though I'm older than you but it's the thought that counts" he carried on criticising my decisions.

"Fine if you don't want it you don't have to have it" I stretched out my arm to reach for the cake and I suddenly feel my arm being held.

"I never said I didn't want it" he said seriously as I looked into my eyes.

Whilst still holding onto my hand he blew out the candle.

He then looked back at me.

"Did you bring a knife?" He asked

"Ah no I forgot!!" I internally face palm myself who brings a cake without a knife.

He then gently lets go of my hand and rips a piece of cake form the side.

"I guess we're eating it like this then" he says as he leans over the table and puts some cake into my mouth.

"That's supposed to be for you!" I say as I chew whilst using my hand to cover my mouth.

"Im not really into sweets as much" he said genuinely.

I look at him kind of disappointed, so in the end It didn't even matter what cake I got.

I then see he rip another piece of cake and put it in this mouth. He was chewing it and he gave a small smile.

"It tastes nice" he shortly stated

My eyes lit up Touma was right he did accept it.

I gave him a wide smile.

"So- but I got cut off

"So now tell me what we're you doing with Touma" he says as his gaze now looking serious.

"Whaaa, you saw that?" I asked surprised.

I didn't reply instead he just waited for me to respond.

"It was for you birthday" I smile as I spoke.

I hear him sigh, as he lets go of his tense expression.

"Come on then, I'm sure your hungry lets eat" he says giving up on the topic of me and Touma.

"What makes you think that?" I ask

"You think I didn't know you skipped lunch" he says while giving me the 'do I look like an idiot to you' face.

"Ha ha ha, let's gooooo" I said as I walked out ahead of him.

"Thank you" he mumbled to himself and smiled as he closed the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~ A/n here ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys I thought I'd post this on his bday since we all love him ya know 🤭🤭

- In the story though (for now) things will continue where the left off Childe and y/n not talking to each other-

But you know happy birthday to this fine man 🥰🥰🥰🥰

~ cya in the next chapter yo girl A/n <3

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

31.3K 705 24
One day you are assigned as a assistant of a certain Harbringer. Childe loses his memories but makes a steady recovery with you by his side, what wil...
53.3K 2.6K 70
you were discovered in the remains of a home by none other than the jester. after sensing great amounts of potential and power from you, he and the t...
210K 7.4K 28
After arriving in this world, youve long since adjusted to life in Mondstat, but after you recieve a commission that has you trailing to Liyue you so...
102K 2.8K 32
!!USES SHE/HER PRONOUNS, IF NOT WANTED PLEASE CHANGE THEM AS BEST AS POSSIBLE!! !Modern College/Uni AU! Also this has NOTHING to do with the song Cen...