S T A R L I G H T

By angelina_bukenovia

The tragic story of the love of Thranduil's life. Who died to protect her one and only son, Legolas. But is t... More

C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31

C H A P T E R 23

3.1K 94 7
By angelina_bukenovia

C H A P T E R 23 - L I E

~𝕋𝕨𝕠 𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕤 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣~ 

~𝕓𝕪 𝕤𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕒𝕔𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥~

(flashback carried

on from chapter 13),

Her face dropped and she looked at the ellon with an annoyed expression. As if wondering if this Ellon could not take a hint? "Let me go," she spoke to him, her voice and the hums of the forrest were all that could be heard.

His eyes stayed on hers, not making any move yet. "As you wish," he spoke, however, he made no move to release her from his arms.

"Now."

He released her gently. Finally, standing on her own, she smoothed down her long sleeves and the front of her cloak. A sigh of annoyance left her parted lips. "You're lucky I have mercy..." she said under her breath, fixing the jewels that laced her hands and wrists.

"Mercy?" his monotonous voice questioned the elleth. Arms soon crossed against his chest and head tilted to the side. A look of amusement danced in his unsettlingly bright silver eyes.

"Did anyone tell you why I'm here?"

His pupils dilated slightly, "nay, seems I was not informed,"

"I'm to wed the Prince of Mirkwood," he didn't react, "the future King..." she tried again. Still no reaction, his amused expression stayed the same. "Heard of him... at all?"

The stranger smirked.

He laughed loudly making her frown, "well, of course, I know my future king," grinning he continued, "but you clearly do not,"

She stepped aback, clearly offended by his comment. His eyes scanned her face carefully, before turning abruptly and walking away. The blonde beauty's lips pressed together in a thin line as she followed him through the forrest. His steps were spaced apart, the young maiden was forced to hurry her pace in order to not be left behind.

"It's arranged!" she called out to him.

His elegant strut did not slow, walking dead straight through the forrest, "I guessed as much,"

A crease grew across her near perfectly paled forehead, "I apologise if I have offended you in some way-"

"Hmm,"

"If you know your Prince so well, than you would also know the rumours-"

"You believe them?" He pointed, slowing in his tracks slightly but not enough for the elleth to notice.

The elf  frowned, "no."

He turned sharply, facing her. She too stopped, nearly running into his chest. Not like it would be the first time... He peered down at her frosted eyes, "then why are you so afraid?"

"I am not!" She yelled, his eyelids fluttered. Clearly she had to explain or he would get the wrong idea of her completely, "Well, a little-"

He turned back around again.

"But not of the Prince!" She continued, calling out. He halted once more and she had the chance to finally catch up, "I fear this all to mean nothing and being but a mere pawn in the alliance of Lothlórien and Mirkwood,"

"You fear he will not love you?"

She gulped, "in a way," moving her long hair in front of her shoulder. He watched her every move, how flawlessly she looked. "I suppose being queen one day, being from Lórien, and what if the rumours are true? What if he is as temperamental and selfish as they say?"

"What if he is not?" Once again, he turned, eyes on her. His arm extended out in her direction, she reached out, looping his arm with hers and his other hand resting over her own.

"Than my eternity would be so much easier." She stated the one thought that had bee running through her head incessantly. Eternity. "Why are you so interested, sir?"

"I suppose I am interested in who my future queen is. That, and I understand your fears of marriage, arranged as a matter, I have only recently met my future wife,"  the stranger explained quickly, watching her surprised expression at his words.

The elleth raised her brow, "is she all you expected?"

He smirked, "no, she is much worse."

"In what way?" Asteraêa questioned, walking over a rather large tree trunk with the help of the stranger grasping onto her arm.

"I have my doubts she will give any chance to this union," he admitted.

"Do you want her to?" the blonde elf wondered. His stoic expression changed into a look of confusion as she too looked up at him, her dark eyelashes shielding bright eyes.

Silvan eyes glittered, "yes,"

"Then just be kind, that is all I can hope from my own union after all,"

Her feet hit the forest floor once more, this time slightly sliding out from under her. Asteraêa's hand instinctively tried to grip onto anything, her petite hands soon ended clutching to the stranger's forearms. His own wrapped tightly around her waist, in turn pulling her closer so she would not fall.

Once again they stared into one another's eyes.

"Be careful, I am to be a married Elleth,"

He smirked, "and I a married Ellon." He let go of her and they continued their way to the kingdom.

Thranduil smiled at the memory...

He remembered how they wandered through the forrest to the kingdom, together going to the throne room and standing in front of his father, King Oropher.

He remembered how she curtsied lowly in front of the king, presenting herself with a high and overly rehearsed introduction. It seemed unnatural, as if she had been instructed to comply in that way.

Only later did he find out how right he was.

The feminine and gentle presenting elleth was definitely not who she appeared to be; not in the slightest.

"And what are your apprehensions of my son?" King Oropher questioned her from his great and grand throne, his posture leaning back and arms either arm rest. He sat as he was; a powerful King.

"I shall know them when I know him," she answered graciously, although the stranger at her side could see her teeth grit, the King did not.

Oropher frowned down at the elleth, "do you not know your reservations yet from first encounter?"

"I'm sorry?" Asteraêa wondered aloud, her brows furrowing.

Only then did he smile slyly, stepping forward in front of the king, "adar I trust the lady Asteraêa may simply believe in knowing another before casting judgement."

He remembered being able to see the thoughts and understanding swirl in her head, before her lips pursed angrily.

He, the stranger, had obviously forgotten to mention that it was he who was the ellon she was due to wed. The Prince Thranduil.

His renowned smirk splayed on his face, knowing she had finally pieced it together. Though the bright haired ellon did not dare display any anger or rage in front of the King, when excused to peruse and tour the palace with the Prince did she make her move.

The Prince found himself at a deserted hall, two blades crossed over his throat and daring him to make a move.

He laughed aloud.

Her bright eyes continued to narrow.

"You lied to me," she gritted, her knuckles turning white from how harshly she gripped the blades. The prince was taken aback, impressed.

"I did not," he continued smirking.

"You did!"

"No, you simply never asked me the right questions," the Prince reminded her, pressing a single pointer finger against the clashing blades, pushing them from his throat, "I can promise you this much... I will never lie to you,"

"But you will play tricks on me?" Asteraêa wondered, easing her blades and dropping them to her sides.

"I can promise you that as well," Thranduil promised, stepping forward and watching her lose footing as she stepped back. Catching her elbow, stabilising her. The princes brow rose, "and if you intend to keep tripping every step, I promise to catch you,"

"I am not someone who trips... I am merely someone who does not wear shoes like this often." She explained, tugging at her dress and kicking out her foot, displaying a large heel on the back of her shoe.

The Prince gulped back, watching her leg as the fabric draped up to display the shoe and her flesh, before dropping and draping over her form once more.

"I am most anxious to see you prove it,"

"You will," the white haired woman replied, "interesting how we have only just met and you've made so many promises... its alarming,"

"Did you expect anything less?" He posed, his head tilting peering down at her.

With narrowed eyes Asteraêa declared "I suppose we shall see."

Thranduils hand formed a fist, his head fell. Clearly what she had seen so many years ago, perhaps it was simply just gone.

——- Authors note——

Sorry this took me forever. Life has been crazy!!! In a good way I promise! Hoping I can continue updating more frequently!!

Much love and Thankyou for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 1.2K 52
Left in the Shire as a baby she has known she wasn't like everyone mostly not being a hobbit, but when a strange man shows up upon the door step of h...
mithril By elle

Fanfiction

29K 843 37
Warrior. Shadow. Ruthless. The freest of hearts and sharpest of tongues. A survivor in her own right. A human girl, born of the ancient blood of Núm...
481 16 10
My Amad always told me the story of a brave dwarven King who led his people to safety. Who built a home from the ground Who was a strong warrior that...
65.2K 3.7K 83
For as long as she could remember, Liruliniel had one goal, one hope, one thing she wanted to aspire to be and do: she wanted to be a royal guard, li...