โœ“ the second half. | ์ •์›

By inhaniee

"you're his second half." jaeun has always felt like she doesn't fit in the human world, like she didn't have... More

เฉญ
prologue.
chapter 01.
chapter 02.
chapter 03.
chapter 04.
chapter 05.
chapter 06.
chapter 07.
chapter 08.
chapter 09.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 31.
chapter 32.
chapter 33.
chapter 34.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 39.
chapter 40.
epilogue.
the end.

chapter 15.

4K 206 41
By inhaniee

015 — loyality.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Yeeun acted as if nothing had happened. She was still cuddled to Jungwon, and Jiwon together with Jungmi were boiling from rage. Poor Jake had to calm his girlfriend down as she was squeezing his hand tightly, pouring out all the regrets and anger out loud while resting her head on his shoulder.

Jay was giving me a reassuring smile, and I tried to ignore Yeeun with her gaze full of triumph and superiority. But I couldn't ignore Jungwon's piercing gaze. He observed me from head to foot. It made me feel embarrassed so I nervously fiddled with the sleeves of my hoodie.

The bonfire lasted until the very morning. As the first rays of sunlight appeared in the sky, everyone was already back from their huntings. Everyone was tired, but surely satisfied. I was glad that I could take part in something so important to the rest.

"I hate this bitch," Jiwon groaned while setting herself on her bed, "How can my brother not see that she is just using him!" after these words, her breathing immediately slowed down, and she plunged into a deep sleep.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Monday came really fast. Too fast. It started again a week full of studying, people screaming in the corridors, and teachers complaining that we are not prepared for classes and final exams. The only consolation was that it was already plesantly warm outside, so we could spend our breaks outside, and not in the crowded canteen.

People still weren't used to the fact that popular and handsome students were hanging out with Jiwon and me, so most of the time they stared at us with their intrusive eyes. It was very tiring, and already starting to exhaust me.

The sun was shining brightly and very pleasantly that day. I was sitting with Jiwon under a large tree in the school's garden. The girl (of course) bought us a huge mug of hot chocolate, into which (of course) she poured all the additives. It wasn't surprising except that I started to liking it a lot.

"See? You fit our family perfectly." she laughed when she saw with what appetite I drunk the contents of the cup.

Moments later, the rest of our group joined us. They sat around on the blankets, and began eating their brunches. Ni-ki was talking to Huening Kai, who was complaining about the amount of exams coming up. Jungmi looked weird and worried as she was looking at Jake, who was rubbing his bruised cheekbone. I had no idea what happened to him, but I thought they were probably fooling around, and Jake eventually hurt himself.

Soobin sat somewhere to the side and read the notes for the next class, Taehyun fell asleep leaning against a tree trunk, and Beomgyu with Yeonjun were doing a competition of who will climb faster on the branches while roasting and insulting each other.

Jungwon however was laying on the blanket with his eyes closed. His hair strands were moving gently along with the warm, summer wind. I couldn't turn my eyes away from him, until Sunoo's face suddenly appeared in front of me with his eyes widely opened and his cheeks puffed on.

It made me twitch, and I immediately placed my hand on my chest, "God damnit, Sunshine! You scared me!" I chuckled, and Sunoo started clapping while laughing loudly.

When the sunshine boy finally could take a breath and calmed himself down, I decided to ask him something that made me wonder for some time now, "What happened to Jake's face?"

"Oh, about that! Someone tried to touch Jungmi at the vampire club. Jake got really angry, and couldn't control himself he got into a fight." he explained with a slight smile, "But he won though!" Sunoo let out a small chuckle.

"A vampire club?" I asked, amazed by the term, "There are several of them in our city. These are the clubs that they let enter only creatures like us." Sunoo explained calmly.

"Wow. I had no idea about it.." I whispered, sincerely surprised, "Well, nobody has. That's what it's all about, dumbass." he chuckled, and lightly ruffled my hair.

This made me understand why Jungmi looked so offended by her beloved. I knew she was worried about him, so now she didn't want to talk to him. The boy however, talked to Jungwon — who was now sitting next to him, fully awake — as if nothing had happened.

"How is Chae?" I asked Jungmi to let her calm down a bit. You could clearly see, that she wasn't in her right mind now, "Very good," she replied with a slight smile, "Pregnancy probably serves her, because she's just like a sunshine."

"Yah, did someone say sunshine?" Sunoo asked, making us giggle a little, "I'm the only sunshine alive!"

As we were all laughing, out of nowhere a girl from our school approached our group. She was probably a year younger. Her face was all red, probably feeling embarrassed and a little nervous. Everyone noticed her as she stopped right next to Ni-ki. In her hands she was clutching something white in which I saw an envelope. Our presence embarrassed her even more, but she gulped nervousely and stretched her hands towards Ni-ki.

"T-this is for you.." she said in a soft, barely audible voice. It wasn't hard to guess what she did. She just confessed her feelings through a letter.

I was curious about Ni-ki's reaction, because I knew he was only thinking about Jiwon. She was his second half which the boy reconciled with almost immediately.

The girl confessing her feelings was lovely. Even when she wasn't the prettiest one, and she really lacked a lot to Jiwon's beauty, there was something nice, delicate and cute about her.

"No thanks." the boy muttered under his breath, turning his head to the side, and putting his hands into the pockets of his pants before walking away. His head was lowered down.

The poor girl froze with outstretched hands, and tears almost immediately appeared in her eyes, "I- .. I'm sorry.." she whispered softly, and then ran away.

I felt a bit sorry for her, because Ni-ki could have done it more gently. However, on the other hand, I was glad that he rejected her, because it meant that he loved Jiwon truly.

"She was kinda sweet," Yeonjun said, "Then go after her, and take her on a date, I don't care." Ni-ki muttered, then pulled out his phone of his pocket.

A moment later, the bell rang, indicating that Jiwon's and mine classes were about to begin. We got up at the same time, said goodbye to the rest, and quickly disappeared behind the walls of the school.

I noticed that my best friend was a bit nervous about what happened moments earlier under the tree, but during our friendship period I have learned not to ask her about Ni-ki. She was pushing out her feelings for him, and she didn't like talking about it. I didn't want her to get upset or get angry, so I tried to avoid these topics.

We entered the class a moment before the teacher. Others who had been there earlier sat down on their chairs comfortably eating their lunches. Several people also read the news in their phones. Jiwon and I took our permanent place in silence.

I looked around the class, and one title of the article caught my eye. "Another torn body in the park." I nudged the navy-haired girl with my elbow to get her attention. She looked at me surprised as I hit her ribs. Pointing at the headline right away, I showed what others were reading, and she read it seriously.

"I guess that's not normal, right?" I muttered, not wanting to draw the attention of the teacher, who was complaining again how hopeless we are.

"The first time I thought it was a coincidence," she replied, "But now it's getting more suspicious.."

"Does Heeseung know about this?" I asked, "I don't think so.. We have to check it out, because we don't want them to start cheering after our forest." the girl replied.

"Did the vampires do that?" I squeaked, probably a little too loudly, because a few people looked at us in surprise. Jiwon laughed artificially to the people, and immediately glared at me with her eyes wide opened, signaling me to shut up, and don't talk anymore.

"Certainly none of our clan," she whispered, "But it's very suspicious, and we have to look around a bit."

"It scares me," I muttered honestly, "Don't worry. When we're together, nothing's scary for us." she gave me a charming smile.

The girl didn't let me go home by myself, as she forces her sister to come with us to set me off. We agreed that this evening they will tell Heeseung about everything, and let me know what he had decided right away.

They didn't want to expose me to anything, so they made me stay home until they came for me the next morning. I felt like they overreacted a bit, but I didn't want to oppose them. The vampires for sure know what they were doing.

Although I thought so.

──────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 753 41
โ I never fell from a love this tall. Hell, i never imagined I'd be ever ready again. โž He's an insomniac, alcoholic & someone who is broken, inside...
46.7K 1.9K 38
cafunรฉ (v.) running your fingers through your lover's hair. moving into a new house with nice neighbours is what everyone wants right? Well what happ...
7.7K 328 25
When they meet unknowingly and found out they're soulmates โœจ --โœจ------โœจ-- A JEON JUNGKOOK FANFICTION It contains mature conten...
50.3K 3.8K 36
Every werewolf has a fate, interpreted by Amma and guided by the Moon. In this world, there are 2 Supreme Fates fully determined by Her - serve in th...