βœ“ the second half. | 정원

By inhaniee

"you're his second half." jaeun has always felt like she doesn't fit in the human world, like she didn't have... More

ΰ©­
prologue.
chapter 01.
chapter 02.
chapter 03.
chapter 04.
chapter 05.
chapter 06.
chapter 07.
chapter 08.
chapter 09.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 31.
chapter 32.
chapter 33.
chapter 34.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 39.
chapter 40.
epilogue.
the end.

chapter 12.

4K 198 62
By inhaniee

012 — dream or nightmare?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

It was raining outside. Huge raindrops fell from the sky, limiting visibility to a meter. The fire was shooting loudly, giving a slight warmth.

I was sitting on the ground, shivering from the cold. I had no idea where I was, what was I doing there, or how did I get there. A weird dress that I was wearing that day was slightly destroyed and all wet. I had no idea how I had managed to start a fire because I had never done it before.

It was the middle of the night, no stars or a full moon could be seen through the thick layer of clouds. Shivers ran all over my body. I knew something was about to happen.

Frightened, I jumped when the wind roared loudly, and a wolf howled very close to my shelter. Something tempted me and I got up, probably moving to the exit of the cave. Lightning pierced the sky, illuminating the area, while leaving a loud noise of thunder behind.

Something was lying in front of me. It didn't move at all.. I ran up immediately, kneeling beside the injured animal.

A beautiful black wolf laid motionless. The only sign of his life was light breathing, that I could see by his slightly moving chest. I couldn't let him die. I pulled myself together, and I have no idea how I managed to move the animal into the cave.

He was injured. The blood around him was gathering at an alarming rate. Not waiting for nothing more, I tore open the skirt to make some sheets to stop the bleeding. The wolf looked at me calmly with his shiny eyes. As if he knew he was safe with me. He allowed himself to be bandaged, despite the pain it caused him.

By the time I was finished, my hands were stained with blood all the way to my elbows. Tears were dripping down my eyes. I couldn't watch him suffer.

The animal rested its head on my lap as if hugging my stomach. He closed his eyes, and just lay there with me.

I opened my eyes wide, and immediately rose to a sitting position. I looked around, at first not knowing where I was. Only after a while I realized that Jiwon and Jungmi were lying next to me, mired in deep sleep. I got to my feet, trying not to wake the girls up, and headed to the door.

I felt weird. This time it wasn't a nightmare. It was just a dream, but there was something.. horribly real about it.

I tiptoed down the unlit corridor, not wanting to wake anyone up. My throat felt dry so I had to walk to the kitchen, and somehow get a glass of water.

I was stumbling over my own feet, still seeing the wolf, calmly lying on my lap. There was something about him, that made me want to save him.

I turned on the light hesitantly, and grabbed a water jug that was on the table. I opened the cupboard with glasses at the same time, and stood up on my tiptoes to pull out one of them. Just as I was about to take one glass, a hand slipped from behind my back, and grabbed the glass, handing it to me. I turned around, terrified, as I couldn't hear any footsteps.

Jungwon.

I was starting to get frustrated that they were moving so quietly, not letting my ear to register it. Because of it all, I jumped up scared every time.

"Why are you awake?" he asked as I poured some water into my glass, "I- ... somehow couldn't sleep." I uttered quickly, immediately feeling my heart squeezing.

I couldn't lie to him, but at the same time I didn't want to tell him about my dreams. It was enough for me to think of myself as a freak.

He was looking at me seriously, and his gaze pierced my entire body, "You're lying." Jungwon whispered, and then he leaned by the counter of the kitchen island.

"And why are you awake?" I dared to ask with a grimace, "Somehow I couldn't sleep." he replied ironically, rolling his eyes.

I felt bad. I didn't understand why he didn't like me so much. After all we didn't even have much interactions. And on top of that, this stupid destiny made all of us suffer.

His face kept changing. From irritation to relief, from relief to anger again. I couldn't understand him so I left the kitchen without saying anything, and went back to Jiwon's room, still holding the glass in my hand.

I laid down next to the girl, knowing that tonight I would not sleep anymore. I was thinking about Jungwon, and about the dream.

In the morning, as soon as I heard Jay starting to circle in the kitchen, I decided to help him a bit. He always prepared everything himself so I wanted to help. Smiling brightly, he handed me a chopping board and vegetables. I guess he really was grateful that I thought about him, and decided to help him.

The rest of the members began to come back to life after an hour. They circled around the rooms like zombies, groaning something under their noses.

The breakfast passed in a nice and friendly atmosphere, although Jungwon, who of course had to complain wanted to change it. He looked sleepy, which made him complain about everything.

Suddenly, Heeseung burst into the house. His eyes shone happily, and he could barely catch his breath. "You're all here!" he said, relieved, "I have to tell you something." the members looked at him in surprise. They didn't seem to understand him.

After a while, a smiling Chae walked into the room, who at the sight of her husband simply shook her head in resignation. "Why are you so feverish," she laughed, "We have time, babe."

"Is something wrong?" Jungwon asked, seeing how Heeseung acted, "No.. But maybe- Yes! Wait, no ... I mean!-" the words poured out of his mouth without order and composition.

Despite the great concentration, none of us could understand what was going on. "I'm pregnant." Chae finally said, and Jiwon together Jungmi screamed with joy at the same time.

A big smile appeared on my face. It was good news. The navy-haired girl threw herself on Heeseung's neck, hugging him tightly while saying that she was so proud of him. Jungmi, on the other hand, hugged the blissful Chae.

"So the new leader will be soon with us." Jay laughed, and sincerely congratulated the happy future parents.

Seeing how everyone was happy was a really nice moment. But when I saw how Jungwon smiled while hugging Chae, I thought my heart was about explode He looked genuinely happy and sincere. Why couldn't he smile like that in front of me..?

This day was full of joy, celebration for the new member of our clan. In the evening, Jake drove me home where my parents were just having dinner. They greeted me happily, knowing my good humor. Of course, my mom had to ask me a million questions about how I had fun, and if everything went well. I didn't tell her any details, but I nodded that I was having a lot of fun.

Dad was sitting on his chair with a newspaper in his hands, which he probably didn't have time to read during the day. He was completely focused on it, as if I didn't know what he had read there.

"Oh my.. that's terrible." he muttered under his breath as he sipped some tea, "Has something happened?" I asked, seeing that he was very serious.

"Two dead bodies were found by the river during the night. Apparently they are so massacred, that it's not known who did this.." he showed us the article in the newspaper, and I held my breath.

"They wrote that the bodies looked like they were torn apart by an animal, and had traces after vampire fangs on their body." Dad explained, making me widen my eyes.

"An animal? And vampires?" mom asked surprised, "In such a big city they are also wild animals and vampires?" she said, and I tried to hold my scoff.

Suddenly, the red eyes of the monster from my nightmares flashed before my eyes. I don't know why this came to mind, but I had a very bad feeling.

I got up from the table, and disappeared without a word in my room, afraid to go to the window to look towards the forest.

I was scared that this night I might also see it.

──────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 4.9K 52
[π—§π—˜π—«π—§π—œπ—‘π—š 𝗦𝗧𝗒π—₯𝗬] jungwon: who are you? aeri: your soulmate ig wherein people were busy downloading a soulmate app to find their soulmates...
217K 7.5K 42
"My soulmate is Jungwon? The Enhypen member?!" Rina, A 16-year-old girl who was never really a romantic type of person. Until she meets her only exce...
325K 19.1K 23
A sensual and dreamy mystery book heavily inspired by Enhypen's lore. Follow y/n as she discovers the deep secrets surrounding a couple of students f...
324K 17.1K 44
"you made me so fucking crazy, you know? i've never wanted to destroy someone as much as you." didn't your mom tell you to not talk with strangers? e...