Sensei is my Hero (A Naruto F...

By Smrtymrty

When Naruto was six his life was saved from the hands of some angry drunk villagers by a mysterious man in a... More

Chapter #1 Graduation
Chapter #2 Inu-Sensei
Chapter #3 Mission to the Waves
Chapter #4 Eyes
Chapter #6 Training
Chapter #7 Finals
Chapter #8 Finding Tsunade
Chapter #9 After them!

Chapter #5 Chunin Exams

631 10 9
By Smrtymrty

After everyone was given a number that correlated to the seat they were to sit in, and the exam tests were given to everybody, the proctor addressed them. "I am Morino Ibiki, and I will be your proctor for this exam. The rules are simple, so pay attention, I won't repeat myself. Firstly, this is a team event, whether you pass or fail you do it as a team, you also score and lose points as a team, as well. There are ten questions in total, and each team starts with ten points, for every question you answer wrong will be deducted a point. If you're caught cheating, two points will be deducted per catch, if your team has five deductions you and your team will be disqualified. Also, the tenth question won't be asked until fifteen minutes before the exam ends. I almost forgot that if you fail to answer a single question right, you'll fail your team. You have sixty minutes, BEGIN!"

Naruto frowned as he read the exam questions. 'I don't know a single answer on this paper, even with all intelligence training Shikamaru helped me with.' Naruto noticed that the person in front of him was starting to write in rapid succession. 'Cheating! He wants us to cheat. Chunin's go on information gathering missions, so the objective is to cheat without getting caught. Sakura had the highest test scores when it came to written tests, so I don't need to worry about her. Sasuke is pretty smart, I'm sure he can find a way to cheat without getting caught if he can't figure out the answers on his own. As long as I can get at least one question right, we should be okay.'

"Naruto-Kun." Naruto turned to the right at the timid whisper. Hinata was discreetly showing her paper, which had at least eight answers filled in with detail, to him. Naruto was surprised. She had answered so many so quickly. 'Hinata could get in trouble for this, yet she wants to help me?' Naruto could feel his cheeks and neck burn slightly. "I appreciate the offer, but I wouldn't feel right if you got in trouble for helping me, or if I passed on someone else's account. Good job answering so quickly though, I'm very impressed." Hinata blushed and turned away from Naruto as he opened his right eye. Naruto almost slapped himself. With the Sharingan, Naruto noticed all these tell-tale signs coming from Hinata, they were almost identical to what he saw from Sasuke's fan girls.

'I never even considered that maybe she would like me like that. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it? But what if I'm not. Naruto contemplated the idea of being romantically involved with the girl next to him as he copied the pen movements of the person in front of him, having an answer for all nine of his questions.

As the proctor called time, Naruto decided that he would ask Hinata out after the exams, maybe even before that if the opportunity presented itself. Naruto refocused when he heard Temari shout. "Of course, we'll take the final question, what kind of question is that?"

'He's giving us a way out? Why would he do that- Oh, I see. It's to test our resolve.' Naruto then started laughing, it had begun as a small chuckle but gradually grew to resemble a psychotic cackle making everyone shiver.

Ibiki smirked at the masked blonde. 'It seems he's figured it out, but I hope he won't ruin my fun.' When Naruto stopped laughing he made eye contact with the proctor. "My apologies, I just thought of something really funny. Please proceed." Naruto nodded at him to continue his psychological torture.

"Now if you agree to take it and get the question wrong, then you'll forever be stuck as a Genin, you'll be prohibited from ever taking the Chunin exams ever again." There was a clamor of disagreements, Ibiki silenced them all with a stare. "Well this year you have me, I guess it's your just misfortune." Naruto coughed to keep himself from laughing again, something Ibiki, Hinata, Sasuke, and Sakura took notice of.

Once 70 percent of the teams gave in, Ibiki gave the ones still standing one last chance to turn tail, but they stood their ground. "Congratulations, you all pass."

After the proctor explained, confirming everything Naruto suspected, the glass was shattered and a Kunoichi with purple hair came through it. After introducing herself as Mitarashi Anko, she told everyone to meet her at Training Ground 44. And here they all stood, outside the gates of the largest training ground. Anko had everyone sign a consent form after explaining the rules, saying that Konoha can't be held responsible if they die.

"Alright, now one member from each team come and collect a scroll." Naruto went to collect his team's scroll.

It wasn't long before the gates opened, and all the teams entered at different paces. Team 7 took a break after half an hour of running through the trees, they wanted to make a plan.

"Why don't I just make a thousand clones and have them run around, look for other teams that have the scroll we need?" Naruto suggested. Sasuke nodded, believing the idea to be the best. However as soon all of his clones went off, Naruto was blasted back by a powerful gust of wind.

"Not again. There's someone in these exams that can use that Jutsu on that scale?" Naruto got to his feet and was immediately swallowed by a humungous snake. The snake took on a horrified expression as it exploded from so many Naruto clones being in its stomach. Naruto ran to where he remembered being before the hurricane-like gust of wind.

When Naruto got back to his team, he saw Orochimaru holding Sasuke in his left hand with his right inching closer to Sasuke's eyes.

"NO!" Naruto opened his right eye, however, his Sharingan was different, it took the form of three dots followed by three curves spiraling counter-clockwise around the pupil. As Orochimaru looked toward Naruto, he was suddenly blasted back. As Sasuke got back up, he activated his Mangekyou Sharingan. Using one of his Susanoo's hands, he grabbed hold of Orochimaru as he formed a bow with his Susanoo's armor with the black flames of Amaterasu taking the form of an arrow. "Drop dead!" Sasuke ordered as he shoot the arrow at Orochimaru.

"Inferno Style: Susanoo Flame Control." Orochimaru disintegrated from the black flames. Sasuke collapsed as he overused his eye's advanced abilities. Naruto's Curse Seal had started to act up, the blonde also passed out.

When Sasuke woke up, Sakura was exhausted, she had stayed up all night watching out for her teammates. Before Sasuke could suggest they switch places, they were attacked by a team by the Sound Village. They introduced themselves as Dosu, Kin, and Zaku. They wiped the floor with them, even Rock Lee and Team 8 showed up and proved to be no match for them.

"Just hurry up and kill the Uchiha." Dosu ordered Zaku as he stretched his palms, ready to attack the Genin.

"NO! Sasuke-Kun," Sakura screamed. Before Zaku could attack Sasuke, a demonic powerful Chakra was encompassing the clearing. Turning his head to where Naruto was sleeping moments before, Zaku was shocked to see Naruto slowly rising with a red Chakra covering him like a cloak, with black flame-like markings covering his body underneath the Chakra Cloak. Naruto looked at Hinata, who blushed at seeing him without his regular mask, it had fallen off as he stood up and he didn't bother to pick it up as his face was still covered by Kakashi's mask.

"Hinata, who did this to you?" Hinata shivered at the darkness Naruto seemed to generate.

"It was me, what are you going to do about it?" Zaku asked stupidly. Naruto flickered in front of Zaku, kicking him away from Sasuke. He then calmly walked toward him, pissing off the Sound Genin. Zaku sent a blast at Naruto but the blonde wasn't there anymore. "These arms..." A voice said behind him as Naruto grabbed hold of Zaku's arms, pulling them behind Zaku's body. "...you seem quite attached to them. Attachment is never good, let me help you with that." Everyone looked away in horror as Zaku screamed in pain as Naruto pulled his arms out of their sockets. "Zaku!" Kin yelled as she ran at Naruto, pulling out a needle. Naruto grabbed Kin by the throat as he kicked Zaku away from him, disgusted by the cry babies screaming. Naruto looked at Kin closely. "You're more annoying than Sakura." The snap of bones could be heard as Naruto crushed Kin's throat. Naruto threw the sorry excuse for a Kunoichi toward Dosu. "This power is amazing, the Kyubi is powerful. Two down, one to go." Naruto stepped towards Dosu as Hinata ran at him, hugging him from behind, begging him to stop. As the red and black Chakra faded away Dosu pulled out a scroll. "Will you allow me to bargain for my team's lives for our scroll?" Dosu asked. Naruto nodded, this was the objective after all. Quickly, Dosu and Kin carried Zaku out of the clearing, with the latter clutching at her throat with a hand.

Sighing, Naruto walked over to retrieve his mask. He put it on as he faced Team 8.

"Do you want to fight for this scroll? Really?" He asked with a tired sigh. Sasuke got to his feet and faced the tracking squad. "Perhaps this is where you take your leave, our scroll was destroyed in our previous battle, allow us the chance to recover." Scared of Naruto activating that Chakra again, Team 8 left, Hinata hesitated to spare Naruto a glance, to which the masked blonde just waved at her. Naruto hoped that she wouldn't see him as a monster now, he hasn't asked her out yet.

"What was that?" Sasuke asked Naruto as they walked to a stream to try to catch some fish.

"I think it was the combined power and darkness of the Kyubi's Chakra with Orochimaru's Chakra. I don't ever want to use that power again, not if I lose himself like that."

When Naruto and Sasuke got back to Sakura they tensed upon the sight of Kabuto.

"Our scroll was taken already. There's no reason to fight us." Naruto told the Genin that creeped him out. Kabuto showed his satchel, showing that he already has two scrolls. "I've already collected both scrolls, I was on my way to meet my team. But since you guys don't have a scroll I could help you guys collect one or two-" Whatever Kabuto was going to suggest was cut off as Naruto knocked him out.

"NARUTO! What are you doing?" Sakura asked, surprised by his actions. "He did offer to help us, to obtain one or two scrolls." Sasuke acknowledged. "Exactly. Besides, there's something about this guy that bothers me." Naruto said as he took the scroll they needed from Kabuto's satchel.

"Well, we have both scrolls, let's go to the tower."

As Team 7 made their way through the forest, they encountered a team from the Cloud Village. 

"Wind Style: Passing Typhoon." A gust of wind pushed the rain team away, knocking them out "I guess I now have a Lightning Style Jutsu and a sword." Naruto commented as he strapped the sheath to his back, wondering when he'll have time to train with it.

When Team 7 arrived at the tower, they saw writing on the wall.

"I think we open the scrolls," Sakura said uncertainly, she wasn't sure what the words meant. Smoke billowed out of the two scrolls as Naruto and Sasuke opened them, they quickly threw them away. Out of the smoke, came Kakashi, who just lazily waved at them while reading his book. "Yo! I knew you guys could do it, Iruka owes me a thousand Ryo." Sakura and Sasuke's eyes twitched. "You betted on us?" Sasuke asked irritated. "Sensei, can you explain that?" Sakura pointed to the writing.

"Earth means body and Heaven means mind. If you lack in intelligence but make up for it in strength, then you should train your mind. If it's strength you lack and intelligence you make up for, then you should train your body. I hope that helps you to understand. The second task won't end for another two days, so rest up here. I'd recommend you three stay in your room. I look forward to seeing you in the third task. Ja ne." Kakashi waved as he burst into smoke.

"He could at least show up himself," Sakura grumbled. She widened her eyes when she realized that she said that out loud. Sasuke and Sakura turned to Naruto, only for the blonde to be lying down on one of the beds, snoring. It seemed that he hadn't heard Sakura's complaint about their sensei. Sakura sighed in relief as Sasuke went to lie down on the bed to Naruto's right. Sakura lied down on the remaining bed, and Team 7 slept through the final two days.

"I'd like to congratulate you all for making it this far into the Chunin Exams." The Third Hokage stated as he addressed the ones remaining in the exams. He went over how the Chunin exams were a substitute for war and had just started on the rules before another interrupted him.

"With all due respect Hokage-Sama, please allow me to take it from here, as I'm the proctor for the third task." The shinobi bowed to the Hokage who nodded in affirmation.

"My name is Gekko Hayate, I will be the proctor for the final task of the Chunin Exams. Thus far you've been participating in these exams as a team, from this moment forward all the teams will be disbanded for the duration of the exam. You've previously been passing as a team, now you will pass or fail by your own merits. We will have a one-on-one tournament-style preliminary round, so if anybody feels that they are unable to continue, now is the time to say so, just raise your hand and your name will be marked down and you're free to leave, as the teams are now disbanded for the exam your team will be unaffected by your choice." All members of the Sound Team considered leaving at the thought of having to fight Naruto, but Kin was the only one that raised her hand, Dosu didn't think the odds of being paired with Naruto were high enough to quit (he could always concede the match if they were paired), and Zaku didn't want to run from a challenge.

After confirming that Kin was the only one that was the only one that wanted to leave, Hayate called the first match-up. "Will everybody besides the selected leave the arena?" He requested. Naruto watched Sasuke fight with one of Kabuto's teammates, he had already forgotten his name. Naruto snapped his right eye open as Sasuke flashed through hand seals, wanting to copy anything the Uchiha thought worth using.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu." Sasuke one-showed his unworthy opponent. He calmly walked up the stairs as the next match-up was revealed. "Will Zaku of the Sound and Abrume Shinobi of the Leaf come down?" Hayate coughed out making Naruto wonder if he's able enough to proctor the final portion. "Hayate will be fine, Naruto. Don't worry about it." Naruto turned to his sensei. "As you say, Kakashi-Sensei." Shino beat Zaku by clogging to tubes in his arms which in turn caused a hole to burst through his arm. Naruto felt joyous satisfaction upon watching Zaku be carried away on a stretcher. When the board started going through names to pick the next match-up, Naruto sneezed, missing the names it picked. He saw Kabuto's other teammate and Kankuro go down the stairs.

Their fight lasted even less time than the two before them. Kankuro had swapped places with his puppet, so when his opponent snapped his puppet's neck, he had captured him within his puppet's grasp. "Stop. I give."

"Oh, but think just how much more flexible you'll be with no bones." Kankuro mocked.

"Will Haruno Sakura of the Leaf and Yamanaka Ino of the Leaf come down?" 

"My turn already?" Sakura asked. She started walking but was stopped by a hand on her arm. Turning around, she came face to mask with her teammate.

"Sakura, you had the highest test scores when it came to written tests, upon our team's formation I didn't think you had anything else useful to offer. But now I know that it won't be long before you're walking beside us in strength. You're strong and smart, use that to your advantage. Good luck." Naruto let go of Sakura and turned to face the arena. Sakura blinked, that was the most complimentary thing Naruto has ever said to her. Smiling she ran down the stairs, her confidence rising.

"Are both contestants ready?" Hayate asked, receiving no answer. He just rolled his eyes and began the match. "Begin!" The three of them jumped from each other.

Sakura, having already foliated a decent plan, made the hand seals for the Clone Jutsu. Ino threw some shuriken at the Sakura illusions causing them all to dispel. Much to everyone's surprise except Team 7, Sakura was nowhere to be found when the smoke settled.

"What the-! Where did she go?" Ino's question was answered by two hands coming out of the ground underneath her grabbing her ankles and pulling her down through the earth as Sakura came back up to the surface. Smirking at her rival, Sakura gave her the lazy wave her sensei always gives them. "Earth Style: Headhunter Jutsu. I win." Sakura's smirk widened as Ino struggled against her restraint, before giving up. After Sakura pulled her rival out of the ground, she offered her the unison sign. Ino was initially surprised, but shook it off and took it.

As the two walked back upstairs Sakura noticed Naruto give a nod of approval and a wink, causing the girl the blush the color of her hair. Ino was given pity comments by her team, while sakura was given compliments by her's. "Good job Sakura. That was a simple yet effective strategy." Kakashi praised. Sakura beamed at the Jonin. "Thanks, Sensei. And thank you for teaching me the Jutsu, I wouldn't have won my match without it." Kakashi waved off her comment as the next pairing was selected.

"Will Nara Shikamaru from the Leaf and Yakushi Kabuto from the Leaf come down?" Hayate coughed into his hand. Naruto tackled Shikamaru into a hug, much to the shock of everyone.

"Shikamaru-Kun, I know that you'll beat that arrogant Baka with ease. Just try. Please? Please put in the effort and win this match." Naruto said with a goofy voice. Shikamaru had a blush tinting his face as he pushed Naruto away from him. "Get off Idiot, I can't win my match if you don't let go." Naruto slipped a kunai with an explosion tag into Shikamaru's hands, who in turn slipped the kunai into his holster. He gave Naruto an annoyed look. "Oops, my bad. I guess I got a little carried away, you know I can never curb my excitement for you, Shikamaru-Senpai." Shikamaru all but ran from Naruto at those words, making the blonde give a little goofy giggle.

"What the hell was that?" Sakura asked, she had yet to pick her jaw off the floor.

"What was what?" Naruto asked, his voice back to normal as if he didn't just announce to the whole room that he had an obvious crush on the lazy genius. "Are you okay, Sakura? Why is everyone staring at us?" Naruto tilted his head to the side. Kakashi refrained from laughing, it would've given his student's trick away. "Don't worry about it, Naruto. Just watch the match, I think this will be an interesting one."

"Can we just start the match?" Shikamaru asked, the blush still tainting his face slowly fading.

"What exactly is your relationship with Uzumaki Naruto?" Kabuto asked with narrowed eyes.

"What exactly is your interest in him? You seem far too interested for passing curiosity." 

"He knocked me out and stole my scroll when I offered his team help." Kabuto hissed in anger.

"You offered help, he took a scroll, and you helped him. You're the only one to blame for that one." 

Hayate decided to start the match. Shikamaru and Kabuto danced around each other for a little while, until...

"Shit." Kabuto cursed as he dodged a kunai with an explosion tag on the hilt. The arena was covered in smoke for a moment before it dispersed.

"He got him!" Naruto suddenly exclaimed joyously. "Shikamaru will win in a second."

'What is he talking about?' Thought most of the occupants in the room, including Kabuto, until he found that their shadows were connected and he couldn't move.

"What?" He asked shocked. Shikamaru smirked as he stood up from his crouched position. "Shadow Imitation, successful." Kabuto sighed, he got careless.

"You may have me in your bind, but you can't hurt me if you don't release your shadow unless you plan on hurting yourself." Kabuto stopped his arrogant chuckle when his hand moved to his kunai holster. Shikamaru didn't have one on that leg, so when he brought his hand to his throat imitating the movement of holding a kunai, Kabuto brought his hand holding a kunai to his throat.

"Do I need to point out that if I finish the movement, you'll have a slit in your throat?" Shikamaru yawned, wanting this to be over already.

Kabuto sighed in defeat. "I concede." Kabuto left the room after his defeat, while Shikamaru walked up the stairs toward his team, who congratulated him. Naruto gave a nod at Shikamaru, congratulating him, and he gave a thankful nod in return.

"Will Temari of the Sand and Tenten of the Leaf come down?"

As the two kunoichis made their way down to the arena, Sakura voiced her wonder about who would win.

"What do guys think, who do you think will win? Leaf or Sand?" She asked them.

Tenten pulled out a scroll and shot out a bunch of weapons toward Temari, who just pulled out her fan and blew the weapons away while looking bored. Naruto turned to Sakura and answered her question.

"Sand. That Leaf Kunoichi will lose, Temari was just a bad match-up for her." Before Sakura could question him, Temari proved him right.

"Ninja Art: Wind Scythe Jutsu." Temari swung her fan and Tenten was caught in a vortex of wind, cutting her. Team 7 winced as Tenten landed atop Temari's fan. "Well if Tenten didn't lose from the Jutsu alone, she certainly lost now," Naruto commented as he closed his eye to rebuild some of his lost Chakra as the Medics took Tenten away. Naruto turned to her as she passed by his team, and disinclined his head to her. "I'd say that was an impressive match, but I feel like that would be an insult. So I'll just say 'good job', I look forward to fighting you."Temari smiled at Naruto. "So do I, so you better win your match. Good luck." Naruto turned around to see that it was his turn and that he indeed need luck on his side to win this fight.

"Will Uzumaki Naruto from the Leaf and Rock Lee from the Leaf come down?"

"Good luck, Naruto. Give it your all." Sakura gave Naruto a reassuring smile. Sasuke put his hand on Naruto's shoulder and nodded to him. Naruto made his way down the stairs, saddened that Kakashi hadn't wished him luck.

"Moment of truth, I wonder which loser will advance?" Naruto made the seal of confrontation, a sign that Lee copied. "The best of luck to both of us," Lee said with a serious determination in his features.

"Begin!" Naruto opened his right eye. He had to, the Sharingan was his only chance of beating Lee. Lee ran at Naruto, swinging his fist. Naruto blocked his fist and kicked him in the chest, causing Lee to go flying from the gale force. "Wind Style: Gale Foot," Naruto said as he sailed toward the wall from the force. Naruto used Chakra to run up the wall and blasted himself off the wall, launching himself toward Lee. Naruto made a chain of Shadow Clones, each one blasting themselves and the clone above them with the continuous use of the powerful gale Jutsu. Naruto landed on the ground as his clone punched Lee in the face as he was chain-blasted toward him. "Clone Chain Stream." Naruto flashed through hand seals as Lee got back to his feet, blowing a twister at the teen, blasting the green-clad Ninja to the roof. "Wind Style: Great Balloon," Lee flipped as he fell back down, rolling as he hit the ground.

"Woa! Naruto's doing really well, he might win if he keeps this up." Sakura gaped as she watched the two fight, Lee trying to get close to fight at close range, while Naruto is keeping him at a distance.

"The fight has just started, let's not be quick to call the victor," Kakashi advised. Sakura turned back to the fight and noticed something.

"Why doesn't Lee use Ninjutsu, can't he see that Naruto will keep fighting him at a distance with his Wind Style? He should try to counter his Ninjutsu with his own."

"Yes, that would be a good idea." Sakura turned around and saw that Gai, Lee's sensei had joined them as they watched the match. "However, Lee can't use Ninjutsu." Gai finished with a proud smile on his face. "I thought so," Kakashi mused. "What do you mean?" Sakura asked Gai with a frown. "During training, I noticed that Lee had no talent in Genjutsu or Ninjutsu, so we skipped them, and focus entirely on Taijutsu."

"Some ninjas, like Gai or Lee, can't properly mold their Chakra together. It leaves them at a disadvantage at times, but can only prove to be useful. They don't rely on their Chakra like most ninjas do, as such, all they need to do is stay standing while their opponents use up their Chakra." Kakashi told his students.

"As you see, your student won't last much longer against mine. Heartache is just a part of life, Kakashi." Kakashi looked up from his book. "Huh? You say something?" He asked Gai, who started going on about Kakashi and his hip attitude. Sakura looked worried, if Lee could outlast Naruto then...

"Don't worry Sakura, Naruto has more Chakra than anybody else in the village, maybe even the world. I don't think he'll go down easily. Just have faith in your teammate." Kakashi gave Sakura a closed-eye smile, reassuring her. Gai furrowed his brows at that. "Alright, Lee, drop them." He called out to his mini-me. Lee looked up, shocked. "But you said-" His sensei cut him off. "Allow your Flames of Youth to burn brighter and hotter than ever before." Gai gave Lee a thumbs up, and Lee flipped onto the statue and removed his weights.

"What's a couple less pounds going to do?" Temari's question was answered as Lee dropped his weights, the force of them crashing to the ground causing a smoke cloud to appear.

"Isn't that a bit much, Gai?" Kakashi asked with an eye twitch, irritated by Naruto's decrease in chance of winning.

"Ah, much better." Lee sighed as he moved faster than the eye could track, Naruto was able to keep up with his movements with his Sharingan. Lee punched Naruto, but Naruto blocked. Lee went to kick Naruto from behind, but Naruto managed to dodge in time. Unfortunately, Naruto's dodge left him open for Lee's kick. Naruto was kicked into the air, with Lee appearing behind him while in mid-air. "Dancing Leaf Shadow..." Lee said as he grabbed hold of Naruto, wrapping his bandages around the blonde as they spun into the ground. "Primary Lotus!" Lee yelled out. "GALE PALM!" Naruto had just managed to cut the bandages with Wind Chakra and blast Lee away with a powerful gust of wind.

As the two teens fell to the floor and picked themselves up, Kakashi turned to Gai with a scathing look. "The Gates, Gai? I've lost all of my respect for you. My student better be alive after this fight." Sasuke decided to activate his Sharingan.

As the two teens stood still to catch their breath, Lee became surrounded by Naruto's clones that had risen from the ground. "Wind Style: Breakthrough," The clones chorused, as they and the real Naruto flashed through hand seals. "Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu."

"Second Gate, Gate of Healing, OPEN!" Lee had flickered away from the blazing tornado, and punched Naruto in the face, causing him to go flying. As Naruto got up, he saw that the right eyepiece had chipped away again. Summoning the Kyubi's Chakra, Naruto engaged in a Taijutsu fight with Lee.

"Third Gate, Gate of Life, OPEN!" Naruto narrowed his eyes as Lee's movements became harder to track. "Fourth Gate, Gate of Pain, Open!" If it wasn't for the Kyubi Chakra Cloak, Naruto was sure that Rock Lee's punch would've killed him. Grabbing ahold of his wrist, Naruto slammed Lee to the ground, causing the ground to shake.

"Fifth Gate, Gate of Limit, OPEN!" Naruto managed to put Lee under his Genjutsu when the teen made the mistake of looking Naruto in the eye. Naruto closed his right eye as Lee passed out from his illusion. "Demonic Illusion: Death Viewing Jutsu." Hayate sighed as the fight was finally over, he checked on Lee, confirming that he couldn't continue. "Rock Lee has passed out, Uzumaki Naruto is the winner." Naruto almost collapsed in pure relief as his Chakra Cloak withered away. He tiredly made his way up the stairs, receiving many congratulatory words.

"I never want to find him on a battlefield. I hope we never become enemies." Naruto whined as sat on the floor against the wall, exhausted by his fight, and surprised he managed to win.

"Will Hyuga Neji and Hyuga Hinata from the Leaf come down?" Naruto wished Hinata luck as she walked past him. 

"This is your moment to shine, show everybody that you can do this. I believe in you." Hinata, unfortunately, lost to her cousin, but she managed to get a few shots in before she did. Enraged, Neji attacked even after the proctor called the match. Naruto had appeared and caught Neji's wrist before his palm made contact.

"The proctor called the match, you've already won." Naruto flared what he had left of the Kyubi's Chakra at Neji menacingly. Neji walked up the stairs, Naruto did as well after asking the Medic if Hinata will be all right.

Gaara and Kiba's fight was next. It didn't last long, Gaara had trapped the Ninja and his partner with his sand, forcing them to lose. Choji and Dosu were the last match-ups. Dosu had defeated Choji using sound waves. The Hokage got up to speak after they took Choji away.

"Congratulations on surpassing the preliminary round, the final stage will take place a month from now. Giving you all plenty of time to rest, heal, and train. I look forward to watching you all. Good day and good luck."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 945 23
Meet Naruto Uzumaki, a normal human boy with blonde spiky hair and dazzling cerulean eyes. He has tan skin and three whisker marks on each of his che...
383K 11.8K 31
The bandages that covered his face in life have fallen away, all incinerated and hanging loosely around his neck. His face is completely destroyed. U...
27.2K 567 11
Naruto's eyes turned grey. One with true horror and terror and the other one with sadness and loneliness. Will someone help this child and recolor hi...
681K 16.4K 34
After failing to bring Sasuke back, Naruto is ridiculed by his peers. Seeing as how people don't appreciate him, he gives up on his dream to be Hokag...