Destined

By akombapauline7

Just when your life has a happy ending, disaster comes knocking at your door, that's what happened to Amber w... More

chapter one
Chapter two
chapter three
Chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
Chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty eight
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
chapter thirty
Chapter Thirty One
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty four

chapter thirty three

1 0 0
By akombapauline7

"Cheers,"Mr hunter said as the family gathered around to celebrate their reunion. Looking around everyone seemed to be happy , laughs ,some jokes here and there, smiles that could make your whole world light up and all the worries from two weeks ago when the news broke out that Mr hunter was the father all along.

Everything had to be postponed starting with the siblings birthday ,then George's trip back to California and also the midterm examinations and looking around it seemed like a great idea because mentally speaking no one was ready for anything but things are normal now,I mean Mr and Mrs Garcia decided to visit their long lost friends and it was a lovely time they were having.

"Amber over here,"Mrs Garcia called out to Amber who was chatting away with her friends.

"Hey Mrs Garcia,long time ,no see ,"Amber replied hugging Mrs Garcia back.

"Hi to you too,what did I say about the names,anyway how are ,how are you holding up after the big news honey,"Mrs Garcia asks and Amber signed .

"Honestly after hearing about dad  and Nicholas who is now my brother, I was so overwhelmed,I thought of escaping again you know but... luckily I had a shoulder to cry on and am ok now." She replied looking towards the guy who has always been there for her and smiled at the thought of him telling her that it was also his home.she knew she loved him for sure but what if he goes back to California after graduation,does long distance relationship work nowadays, she didn't think so.

"Ooh,do you like him,he is available you know,take him before someone snatches him."his mom comments making Amber to sign.

"Will he stay or leave after his graduation, that's the only thing that has been bothering me for a couple of weeks."she ask only to see his mom shrug.

"I don't know the answer to that honey,I mean we've seen his results have improved greatly and we are proud of him,we are leaving all the decisions to him including the university of his choice,he has come a long way by the way,and don't worry ,his decision must have a certain someone,"she said wiggling her eyebrows at Amber who just nodded.

"What are we talking about,"George ask as he joined them.

"I was just asking Amber of her university of choice,but I don't know yours,"his mom said and George looked at Amber,she didn't look happy, confused maybe.

"Alabama,"he answered and Amber turned towards him not believing him.

"Really,I thought you choose Virginia,"she asked a little hope building up on her.

"Changed my mind,"he said smiling and Amber smiled back,he knew she had chosen Alabama too and wanted to go with her there.

"Well at least you look happy now,if you can excuse me I have all of last year's gossip I have to tell Bridget right now,by the way good luck on your two remaining exams ."Mrs Garcia said leaving them alone. Hugh came towards them requesting if he could talk to Amber.

"No,"George started at the same time Amber said

"Sure,"making George to frown at both of them and murmured ,' don't  take too long' before leaving them .

"Amber,you know I've liked you for sometime now and I was wondering if you could consider becoming my girlfriend please," Hugh started and Amber tilted her head to take a good look at Hugh's face totally surprised by his confession and he did look serious.

"Uh... Hugh I don't want to disappoint you,you are all good looking,kind and all friendly but I like somebody else sorry." Amber said ready to see a displeased face from Hugh but he only nodded as if he understood,did he!

"I get it,I just thought that I had a chance but good luck on your guy then,"he said departing from her and George came by her side,she smiled how George was always there for her and prayed he'd always be there.

"What was that about,"George asked Amber who just smiled at him,he held back not to kiss her right now .

"Promise me you won't tell anyone please,"she asked and he nodded as they say down on the grass.

"I won't,I promise,"he said and Amber signed.

"Hugh just confessed that he likes me and wants me to be his girlfriend."she started noting his expression which changed from happy to anger,just like the time he met Nicholas,was he jealous,she liked the sound of that.

"And did you agree,"he asked now avoiding her eyes,he couldn't face her now if she agreed to be with Hugh.

"Well..."she started and saw him shift uneasily beside her avoiding to look at her now,she was enjoying this very much."would he have walked away if I said yes , plus I love you when you are jealous"she continues and George looks at her startled by her statement.

"You said no,"he asks and Amber laughs while nodding her head and now he didn't hold back but kissed her passionately before everyone drawing some gasps from some.

"This is a family gathering,not a make out session,"Mr.hunter shouts and people laugh just as George and Amber separate.

"Dad,stop embarrassing us please,"Amber shouts too making others to laugh and resumed with what they were doing.

"Amber,you know I love you and would do anything just to be with you,do you love me,"George asked catching Amber off guard that she was speechless,what if she tells him I love him and he leaves after all ,will it be worth it to tell him she loves him.

"Lunch time,"Ms Bridget shouted making Amber jump and she stood up quickly.

"Did you hear that,am hungry are you? let's go before the food gets cold,"she said helping George up and hurried of towards the others.

Should George take it as straight up rejection,but she didn't answer  nor did she say no ,so he can still have hope ,or she is still thinking about him saying that California was his home alone,or something like that,but then he didn't exactly say this was his home, the remaining months that were to come ,he better prove to Amber that he really adores her or else face his fears of rejection.

The day was excellent , everyone enjoyed,even Alicia who I never saw smile, once in my life was laughing today with everyone even Amber's friends and Garcia's friends together with Nicholas. Well am totally  exaggerating ,she does smile.

Eddie was busy chatting with his friend from school,I guess her name was macdonald and I hear she like Amber,she wants to be like her,so cute, not bad for a role model,heh!

I know you are wondering ' who is this person that knows everyone here' and just so you know I used to date one of the twins before went bizzard and no am not Henry if you are still wondering just your ordinary max.

Before the family went home, Alicia spotted me and I hid,I wasn't ready to here any of her lectures really,and I was happy that she was happy.

"Max" Alicia called out running my way and I cursed under my breath,my intention was just to see her and not to talk to her." What are you doing here,come join us,"she said and I looked at her in shock,she has really changed and I like her even more .

"Just passing by,I wouldn't want to Interrupt your gathering,"I say and without a word Alicia hugs me like she won't let go and I do the same.

"I missed you so much,I was blind before but now I see what I lost over those years and I don't want to leave it,what do you say,do you forgive me please,"she said as she withdrew from the hug and cupped my cheeks as tears streamed down her face and I wiped them,I already forgave her a long time ago and now I know I won't let her go.  

"I missed you too,am glad you woke up and I forgave you long time ago,I won't let you go now and forever."I respond kissing her and later I hear applauses making us separate looking around us to find Amber and her friends in front of us .

"Dad Alicia is making out with a stranger,"Nicholas shouts and received a nudge from Amber.

"That is max,"she says and Nicholas forms an oh  registering me as a non threat to his sister and they welcome me to their gathering. Am just glad Alicia has changed and we are finally together.

The following week we were busy ,we did our midterm  and now we were remaining with one exam to our graduation, everyone was excited to finish highschool,who wouldn't, I mean this is gonna be the beginning of life without our parents and complete strangers from everywhere in the world .

"Cheers to friendship,makeups , love among us and new beginnings,"melody said aloud and we clicked our milkshakes in unison, we had gathered together to celebrate all the years we've known each other as well as a departure time for us too .

"No matter where we will be in the future ,am glad I have known all of you and good luck in your exams too,"Amber said as we nodded.

"Am glad too that I have met  you ,"I said and they smiled, during this short period we just clicked as a group of friends and I was grateful for that.

"We may go different ways but we are still best of friends,right ! We'll be there for each other,"Kimberly says and we nod again ,we look at each other and laugh .

"Not wondering if our heads are tired."Jessica says and we laugh again.

"How long till the movie starts,"George asks and I look on my watch .

"Probably ten minutes,we better hurry if we want the best seats,"I reply and everyone does there best to finish,we are gonna watch the greatest showman,it's a musical which I don't like and probably most boys but you gotta do what you have to do to make a girl happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467 97 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
978K 30.1K 34
The last time I'd seen him shirtless was years ago when we were still friends - before puberty. I was so focused on his body that I didn't move when...
5.5M 166K 32
They had it all. The cars, money, girls, the houses. But the one thing money can't buy them, they can't get. Happiness. Here's the prestigious Gold...
10.8K 3.6K 26
|| The Global Awards Winner: Best of Awards: Teen Fiction || ❝It's your turn to prove just how much you love him.❞ What I didn't know was I might...