Don't Look Back

By Cheerreader96

Alexa Mercer has the perfect life. She’s the head cheerleader, popular, has the perfect boyfriend and she get... More

Don't Look Back- Chapter 1
Don't Look Back- Chapter 2
Don't Look Back- Chapter 3
Don't Look Back- Chapter 4
Don't Look Back- Chapter 5
Don't Look Back- Chapter 6
Don't Look Back- Chapter 7
Don't Look Back- Chapter 8
Don't Look Back- Chapter 9
Don't look back- Chapter 10
Don't look back- Chapter 11
Don't look back- Chapter 12
Don't look back- Chapter 13
Don't look back- Chapter 14
Don't look back- Chapter 15
Don't look back- Chapter 16
Don't look back- Chapter 18
Don't look back- Chapter 19
Don't look back -Chapter 20
Don't look back- Chapter 21
Don't look back- Chapter 22
Don't look back- Chapter 23
Don't look back- Chapter 24
Don't look back- Chapter 25
Don't look back- Chapter 26
Don't look back- Chapter 27
Don't look back- Chapter 28
Don't look back- Chapter 29
Don't look back- Chapter 30
Don't Look Back- Chapter 31
Don't Look Back- Chapter 32
Don't Look Back- Chapter 33
Don't Look Back- Chapter 34
Don't Look Back- Chapter 35

Don't look back- Chapter 17

1.7K 26 3
By Cheerreader96

Chapter 17-

The next morning Jessica avoided me like the plague. I had no idea why she was, I didn't remember doing anything to her. I bet its what was bothering her last night.

I walked upstairs after I put my cereal blow in the dishwasher.

“Jess?” I walked over to her door and was about to knock on it when I heard talking. I stopped and listened to her conversation trying to see if it dealt with how she was acting.

“What do you mean you aren't going to tell her?” she paused for a moment and I didn't hear anyone so I was guessing she was on the phone

“No, I’m not I’m not heartless, no matter how badly I want to I wont do it.”

“Fine, do what ever you want to you wouldn’t listen to me anyway, your nothing but a a douche, you should have been the one person to know-” she was cut off, and I heard her sigh angerly.

I took this as the time to knock on the door.

“Jess?” I knocked on the door lightly. I heard her tell the person on the phone she had to go.

“Alexa, I thought you were downstairs?” she looks at me then looks down.

“I was but I just came up.” I lied casually.

“Oh, okay, well I have to go see you soon.” she quickly ran by me and down the stairs leaving me alone in the big house.

“Bye Jess.” I walk across the hall to my room and sit on my bed. I sit there and read for a hour before I start to feel lonely and get upset. I close my book hard and let it drop to the floor.

I picked up my phone and saw it was one o'clock in the afternoon. I sighed and went into my bathroom to take a relaxing bath. I couldn't shower like I wanted due to my ankle.

I started the water and let the tub fill up as I walked back into my room to grab my clothes, my iPod and the speakers that went with it.

I took off my air cast and quickly undressed before getting into the warm bath water. I pressed the play button on for my iPod speakers and the music started. I sighed, something I was doing a lot of today, and leaned my head back against the cool tile of the wall.

I closed my eyes and listened to What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club. I couldn't help but think about Jessica. She was really worrying me. I also wanted to know who she was arguing with on the phone, and why she left so quickly when she saw me.

I quickly finished my bath and decided I wanted go somewhere instead of sit home alone.

I changed and ran a brush through my hair before walking out of my bathroom and grabbing my phone. I scrolled through my contacts and found Justin's number. I pressed call and waited for him to answer.

“Hello?” I heard him ask.

“Hey, Jessica left and I’m alone so I was wondering if I could go to your house and hang out?” I asked him nervously and bite my bottom lip.

“Of course you can, do you want me to come pick you up?” I thought about it for a minute. Maybe it would be best for him to pick me up.

“Yeah, that sounds good.” I smile.

“Alright I’ll be there in about 5 minutes.”

“Okay, see you then.” I picked up my air cast and put it on. I walked to find my house keys and purse.

“I'm leaving now, bye.” he hung up and I did the same putting my phone in the pocket of my shorts. I made my way downstairs and waited till he got here. I was getting nervous once I realized that I’ve never bee to Justin's house before.

He pulled up and I walked out making sure to lock the door behind me. I walked over to his car and got in. He smiled at me and I smiled back as I buckled the seat belt.

“Hey limpy, are you ready.” I frowned.

“You think that you'd be nicer to me because I’m hurt not meaner.” I turn my head to look at him and stick out my tongue childishly.

He smirked at me. “I just might have to take you up on that offer.” I blushed and turned away.

“Just shut up and drive.” I snap at him quickly which causes him to laugh, but he does as he's told.

“You blush easily, I find it funny.”

“I can tell.” we arrive at this house in about 5 minutes and he parks the car. I unbuckle my seat belt and open the door grabbing my purse off of the floor.

“Ready?” I look at him then the house. I bite the inside of cheek.

“Whose all home?” I ask shyly.

“Just me, and well you too.” he shrugs and takes my hand.

He pulls me up the path leading to his house and we walk in.

“So what do you want to do?” he asks me I look around and shrug.

“How about we watch a movie?”

“Okay, do you have anything in mind?” he walks into the room with the TV in it and goes over to the movies while I sit on the couch.

“No, you pick.” he stands up and puts a DVD in the player.

He picks up the remote and sits next to me on the couch.

“I'm curious what movie did you pick?”

He smirks. “A scary one.” I look at him and pout.

“Scary?” he nods and stands up pulling me with him. He leads us over to the kitchen.

“Your not scared are you?” he looks at me waiting for my answer.

I place my hands on my hips and roll my eyes. “No, of course not.”

“Good, thirsty?” I nod and walks over to a cup board and pulls out two cups, then walks over to the fridge and pulls out two cans of coke. He puts some ice in the cups then pours in the coke.

“Come on the trailers should be over now.” he picks up the cups and walks into the living room. I reluctantly follow not really ready to watch a scary movie.

I sit down next to him and sigh. He looks down at me and smiles.

“Don't worry if you get scared ill protect you.” I smile and blush slightly as he pulls me closer to him.

“So what movie is this again?”

“Saw”

“Great.” I say sarcastically. The first time I watched that it gave me nightmares.

He presses the play button and the movie starts. About fourty minutes in I cant take it anymore.

“I don't want to watch it anymore.” I doubt he could fully understand me since my face is hidden in his chest.

“Huh?” he leans his head down by mine.

I lift mine up a bit. “I don't want to watch this movie anymore.” I hear screams and hide my head in his chest more, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He pulls all of the way onto his lap and I stay hidden from the movie, I hear him chuckle and I frown.

“Whats so funny?” I ask him annoyed.

“You. In the kitchen you were all like, 'I’m not scared.' and yet here you are sitting on my lap scared.”

I lift my head up and look at him, I purse my lips.

“I can move if you really want me to.” I start to move off his lap but he holds me there.

“I'm not complaining I was just talking about how much of a chicken you are.”

“I am not a chicken.” I snap and put a hand on my hip.

“Okay then get up and get me something to drink all by your self.”

I gulp and look away as I stand up from his lap.

“Urmm... I don't know where everything is?” I lied quickly, it came out sounding like a question not a statement. He laughed and grabbed my waist pulling me back to him. I folded my arms across my chest.

I looked to him and saw he was looking at me, he still had his hands on my waist. He leaned forwards and his lips met mine, I smiled and kissed him back bringing my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me.

He kisses me slowly before deepening it and laying me down on the couch gently all the while not breaking the kiss. His hands rub circles on my sides and mine tangle into his hair. He nibbles my bottom lip and I shake my head no and smile.

He groans and moves his lips from my mouth to my ear, he lightly blows his cool breath behind my ear and a small shiver runs down my back.

“You know your being mean right?” I nod my head as he sits up and turns off the DVD so the TV just has a blue screen.

He leans back down and kisses me. We continue to kiss for about three minutes before I need a bit of air. As I stop to catch my breath he trails kisses from my jaw line to under my ear.

My phone starts to vibrate in my pocket and I groan in frustration. He sits up and pulls me up with him. I answer the phone out of breath.

“Alexa?” I hear the familiar voice say.

“Tiffany? I thought you left on business.” I finally begin to catch my breath. Justin wraps his arms around my wait and pulls me closer to him, I lay my head back and nestle it into his neck.

“I am, but Jessica called me saying she didn't know where you are.” I roll my eyes. Justin puts his lips to my neck and breaths. I shiver and try to move away but he holds onto me tighter.

“I'm going to be 18 soon I don't have to leave a note saying where I’m going.” He starts to kiss my neck and I sequel surprised.

“Alexa whats wrong?” I blush and stutter.

“N-n-nothing,why would you ask that?” I glare at him and he looks at me as if he doesn't know what I’m talking about and goes back to what he was doing. I try to move him away from me but he wont budge.

“Well it sounded like you were in trouble, well anyway were are you and who are you with?” he goes to base of my neck and starts to suck on it, my eyes go wide.

“I'm at the library,” I lie as my breath starts to quicken. He lays me down not moving his lips from my neck. I try to sit up but he wont let me.

“Oh okay, who are you with?” he lays his hands on my stomach.

“N-n-no body,” I gulp and bite my lip to stop from moaning. I move the phone away from my ear for a minute.

“Stop!” I whisper yell at him, he smirks and shakes his head no. I try to move but he wont let me.

I pull the phone back down to my ear, and he goes back to kissing my neck.

“Did you hear what I just said?” she asks me angerly.

“NO!” I tell my step-mom and Justin at the same time. She starts talking but I’m barely playing attention to her. Justin moves to the bottom of my jaw near the base of my throat and grazes his teeth over it before he kisses there. “Justi-” I begin to moan his name then I remember I’m on the phone with my mom. “I-I mean I just got to go, talk to you later. B-bye!” I hang up and he starts to laugh, I punch his chest.

“That was NOT funny!” I pout and force him to sit up so I can.

“That was my mother, Justin.” this news causes him to laugh even more. He stops laughing and looks at me, I cross my arms over my chest.

“I thought it was Jessica, or one of your friends. Sorry.” he looks at me and I see his lips twitch which means he still thinks it's funny.

“Well you thought wrong.” I flick his forehead. He covers his forehead and I laugh.

“That was not nice Alexa.”

“What you did wasn't nice, I mean I almost, Ugh! I cant even say it, it's too embarrassing!” I put my head in my hands as my cheeks flame up.

“What? Oh you mean how you almost moaned my name?”

“Don't say that!” I look up to see him smirking, he looks at my cheeks and laughs.

“Your cute.” he traces his hand over my cheek.

“You're a jerk.” he smiles and leans forward to my ear.

He whispers, “I know.” he kisses my forehead and pulls me to his chest. We lied down and he turned the TV on, thankfully the scary movie wasn't on anymore. He found some movie that I’ve never seen before.

I sigh and lean back onto his chest, he puts his chin on top of my head and folds his hands on my abdomen. I smile and place my hands on top of his. I try to concentrate on the movie but I can't. I listen to sound of his heart beat and close my eyes. I feel him move our hands so mine or on the bottom and his are on top of mine. He lightly traces circles on the back of my hand. I open my eyes and look up at him, he's watching the movie intently and I try to do the same but my eyes keep closing.

I block out all other sounds but his breathing and heartbeat, and I slowly fall asleep.

------

[AN: So today is my Birthday! I’m 15 today, yay!

All of you should really comment, vote, and fan as a special gift to me!

Also go check out my new story A Thousand Words, it is romance.

Maybe you could like and tweet this too.

The song that was stuck in my head while writing this is Just Can't Get Enough by the black eyed peas, so listen to it.

Also yay for longer chapters!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 175K 36
Kelsey Mays knows everything there is to know when it comes to loving a bad boy. They're uncaring jerks who will leave you brokenhearted and alone wi...
2.1M 43.6K 28
Growing up with Shane and Matt - the Lavery twins next door, Holly can't seem to get rid of them. With her dad always gone, Holly has always been fo...
92K 2.5K 47
Carmela had the perfect friends, the perfect school, the dream life. She was the girl everyone wanted to be and the girl every guy wanted to have. Un...
38.9K 238 27
One boy with a problem, Two girls with a secret, and a drama-filled tour. You call that a disaster, while Justin calls it life. When Justin is gettin...