βœ“ the second half. | 정원

By inhaniee

"you're his second half." jaeun has always felt like she doesn't fit in the human world, like she didn't have... More

ΰ©­
prologue.
chapter 01.
chapter 03.
chapter 04.
chapter 05.
chapter 06.
chapter 07.
chapter 08.
chapter 09.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 31.
chapter 32.
chapter 33.
chapter 34.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 39.
chapter 40.
epilogue.
the end.

chapter 02.

5.5K 241 173
By inhaniee

002 — navy-haired girl.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"I said silence!" the teacher shouted, making my ears hurt. The man really had no sense at all.

On the corner of my eye, I noticed my neighbour wincing, and covering her ears with her hands. She looked at the teacher with an expression as if she was going to stand up, and deliver a punch right into his ugly face.

"Your tests went so tragic, that I don't know what to say.." he hissed, placing his hand on the bridge of his nose and shutting his eyes close.

He walked over to our desk, and put our tests in front of me and the girl with navy hair. I looked at mine casually. I didn't feel particularly proud. I just learned for this test, because I had nothing else to do.

"As usual," someone in the class muttered, "Alien and Hippie have the best grades. What a suckers.." I got used to being called 'Alien' as it was basically how I felt. However, the navy-haired girl didn't quite like her nickname. I saw her jaw clench nervously.

"You should not care about the grades of the others," the teacher said to him when he handed him the piece of paper, "Your test was so terrible, that I almost cried while checking these." everyone in the class laughed out loud, making the boy embarrased.

There was only a slight smile on my face as I imagined how good it would be if someone finally showed the asshole where his place is, "Idiot..'' I muttered, and at the exact same moment I heard the word come out of Jiwon's mouth.

I looked at her in surprise, her eyes already fixed on mine. At the same time, we both burst out laughing, which we couldn't contain. I realized that Jiwon wass different from everyone else. She seemed original to me from the beginning, but now I knew that there was definitely something in common between us.

"Hello mate, I'm Yang Jiwon," she said, giving me a sincere smile, "Choi Jaeun." I shook her hand, unable to believe she was the first to speak to me.

The teacher went back to class, and it got a little boring again. I saw the navy-haired girl drawing small cute doddles in her notebook at of the sight I smiled.

I didn't know what to do with myself during this boring lesson, so I just plunged into my thoughts about everything and nothing. When I wanted to, I could turn off completely, and it was as if I was sleeping with my eyes open. Only the bell for the break broke me out of my blissful state.

I jumped up, scared, immediately packing everything into my backpack. I was surprised to see that Jiwon was still standing next to me. "Could you help me a little?" she asked with a slight smile, "Yup, and what's that?" I asked, returning the smile.

"I'm starving. Can you show me where the cafeteria is?" I don't know why her offer made me feel good. Maybe because she was the first person to talk to me, and I didn't want to say 'no' to her.

I used to be vigilant about strangers. I had the impression that each of them was insincere, and just waited for me to trust them, but then destroy everything. In this case, however, it was not so. The girl looked sincere so I didn't hesitate for a moment.

Hand in hand, we walked down the corridor filled with people. On the way, I also showed her where toilets, principal's office, and changing rooms were. And at the end, we finally made it to the canteen.

There were unbelievably many people in it, because the students had just come together to eat their lunches. It was weird that the principal of the high school let the students use this place. Because of them, the other younger students had nowhere to sit, and most of the girls did nothing but flirting with the older ones.

We sat down together at one of the few available tables. I took a lunch from my bag, and my new companion was satisfied with her french fries. We both bought a mug of hot chocolate, but when I saw the girl pouring all possible sprinkles and additives into it, I thought she was going to pass out. It was a killer caloric bomb, that only made my face look disgusted.

"It tastes best that way," she whispered, shrugging her shoulders.

As soon as she took a sip, an expression of blissful satisfaction appeared on her face, as if she were drinking some divine nectar or something. Apparently, not only did she look original, but she nourished herself that way.

The conversation between us started quite naturally. We exchanged our interests, talked about our favorite movies and books. All the crap seemed to be fine, and we even had a lot of things in common.

The lessons passed very quickly. Now that Jiwon and I had found a common language, we could just talk to each other during boring lessons, and not make up our own activities to pass the time.

I learned, that she had only recently moved here from another city, and moved to live with her older siblings. I envied her a little. I was the only child, and I had no support like her. My parents were good people, and I knew they loved me, but unfortunately they spent most of the time at work, and we didn't get any closer to each other.

I have always dreamed of having an older brother who will protect me from the others or an older sister with whom I will be able to talk about all kinds of crap such as clothes or even fangirl over idols. Unfortunately, I was alone. All alone.

We went out together in front of the building moments later. We wanted to wait out the wave of students trample in the aisle. It looked dangerous, and it was. Funfact, a few weeks earlier, a girl broke her leg, because she lost her balance and was forcibly pushed outside where she fell down from the stairs. High school is a zoo and a real wilderness, nothing more.

The square place in front of the school was almost empty. Everyone has already gone their separate ways. Jiwon smiled at the sight of two handsome boys standing at the gate. I have never seen anyone like them in my life.

They both had something mysterious and attractive about them. They were good-looking, though the word was not enough. It was an indescribable beauty.

One of them was tall, with mesmerizing eyes, cute nose and black hair falling over his forehead. The shorter boy stood beside him with his hands tucked in the pockets of his jeans, and a bag slung over one shoulder. He also had black hair, beautiful cat eyes and pink lips. His skin looked really soft, and fairy light. I was sure at this point, that I had shock painted on my face, and everyone could see it.

The navy-haired girl walked up to them happily, and greeted them with a smile. Not really knowing what to do, I followed her, meanwhile getting rid of the shock on my face.

The taller boy smiled gently as soon as he saw me, "This is Choi Jaeun," Jiwon said, pointing at me with her hand, "My best friend."

"Hi," I looked at the taller man as he started, and he gave his hand to mine, "I'm Riki, but you can call me Ni-ki." I shook his hand uncertainly, unable to utter a word. Suddenly, I felt terribly ashamed.

"And this is my brother, Jungwon." now I understood why those two looked so alike.

I smiled hesitantly stretching my hand towards him. Right when we were separated only by minimimeters, Jiwon's backpack fell out of her hands, and she together with Ni-ki leaned over to it at the same time.

When their hands touched, they both froze like statues. Their eyes were fixed on each other, their faces reddened slightly. For a moment I had a feeling, that they weren't even breathing.

They looked at each other as if there was no world behind them anymore.

Jungwon immediately took his hand away from me, and a scowl of fury spread across his face. As if something had happened, that was very bad.

"Ugh, Ni-ki you idiot!" he screamed with all the force of his lungs. The leaning boy shuddered as if he had finally realized what was happening, "She's my younger sister!"

Jiwon picked up her backpack aggressively, and angrily grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards the gate. She didn't let go of me for quite a long time, and I was a little afraid to get her attention.

"Where are we going..?" I whispered, finally realizing that we are already here quite far from school. "I'm taking you home," she explained, finally letting go of mine wrist.

"But Jiwon, I live in the opposite direction." she looked at me in surprise. Her face was pale, her eyes slightly glazed. She looked a little.. sad?

"Oh-"

──────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 17K 44
"you made me so fucking crazy, you know? i've never wanted to destroy someone as much as you." didn't your mom tell you to not talk with strangers? e...
35.2K 1.3K 12
❝ 𝒔𝒉𝒖𝒕 𝒖𝒑. 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 π’šπ’π’–'𝒓𝒆 𝒂 π’—π’‚π’Žπ’‘π’Šπ’“π’† 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 π’Žπ’†π’‚π’ π’Š 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 π’•π’‚π’π’Œ π’ƒπ’‚π’„π’Œ 𝒕𝒐 π’šπ’π’–, 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅...
46.3K 1.9K 38
cafunΓ© (v.) running your fingers through your lover's hair. moving into a new house with nice neighbours is what everyone wants right? Well what happ...
3.4K 473 5
BTS X READER - SUPERNATURAL/SOULMATE AU β™‘β™‘β™‘ Being a half-breed with vampire and dragon blood is a rare thing in this world, and it comes with its sha...