Enchanted by His Beauty; Kami...

By MonoLatte

Was it fate or was it all accidental? Were you born only to be raised in a faraway nation by the Electro Arch... More

Before we begin...
Chapter 1: Thunder Strikes
Chapter 2: A Child's Worst Fear
Chapter 3: The Man and The Moon
Chapter 4: A New Beginning
Chapter 5: Oni and the Pitchfork
Chapter 6: I will Stay by Your Side
Chapter 7: Never the same
Chapter 8: First Night
Chapter 9: Hidden Motives
Chapter 10: Pervy & The Bitter Tea
Chapter 11: Stained
Chapter 12: Dangerously Complicated
Chapter 13: Before The Storm
Chapter 14: Kamisato's Sticky Sugar
Chapter 15: Voice of The Unknown
What We Know So Far
Chapter 16: Interference
Chapter 17: Blessedly Unblessed
Chapter 18: Escaping
Chapter 19: Unforgettable
Chapter 20: Sweet Sticky Substance
Chapter 21: Thoma's Bizarre Quest
Chapter 22: Forbidden Mushroom
Chapter 23: Art of Passion and Secrecy
Chapter 24: The Hidden Truth
Chapter 25: Unrequited
Chapter 26: Fool For You
Chapter 27: Sweet Desires
Chapter 29: Inevitable Conflict
Chapter 30: Never-Awakening Nightmare
Chapter 31: My Darling Pawn
Chapter 32: The Storm Has Arrived
Chapter 33: A Glimpse of Hope
Chapter 34: Heavenly Abdication
Chapter 35: Through Rain and Thunder
Chapter 36: Threads of Fate
Chapter 37: Gambit's Ploy
Chapter 38: Guardian Angel With a Death Wish
Chapter 39: Only You; You and I
Chapter 40: Rich Man Poor Man My Man

Chapter 28: For the People

3.3K 104 383
By MonoLatte

It was the early morning before the Tri-Commissions meeting. The sun was hidden somewhere behind a grey blanket of clouds. It was an indication that it was going to be a dreary day with no sign of anything to break the monotony.

Inside the Kamisato estate, everyone was restless, scrambling to get ready before the meeting. You were standing in front of a mirror, brushing your hair while your mind constantly replayed yesterday's indecent moment in Chinju Forest.

"What was that all about?" You mumble, feeling your loud heart pumping in your chest.

"Hmm? Did you say something?" Ayato asked, looking over to you while he wore his gloves.

"Nope!" You quickly answered, feeling a warm unwanted tingle rise to your cheeks.

Ayato smiled while walking up to you. He patted your head, reassuring you that whatever decision you make, he'll support you.
"I apologize for making it seem that I don't trust my wife."

"I, too, apologize for allowing my emotions to get the best of me." you look up to Ayato, observing his majestic beauty.

"The truth is, the reason why I declined the Tenryou Commissioner's request was because I wanted to protect you." Ayato suddenly confessed. He felt sudden relief as if he had been holding on to the guilt for too long.

"You and I are equal of high status. People like us are constantly targeted, take my parents as an example. My mother was most likely poisoned due to ulterior motives." He exhaled while gently gazing at you. "I don't want the same to happen to you."

"Ayato..." You whisper, resisting the urge to hug the man. "You don't trust the other two Commissioners, do you?"

Ayato bit the inside of his cheek, faking his smile, "You're asking ridiculous questions." He reached his hand out, patting your head. His thoughts were clouded with confusion, remorse, regret and so much more.

Ayato contemplated, unsure whether he truly trusted the two commissioners or not.
For the longest time, he blamed them for his parents' death, it never made sense for them to suddenly fall ill.

Of course, that all changed once he met with Kujou Takayuki. The Tenryou Commissioner denounced that Ayato's mother was a victim of Fluorescent fungus poisoning.

Ayato was still very young during that time. His father didn't want to stress nor traumatize a child and so, what any father would do, was keep the truth hidden or revise it.

"Ayato!" You call out, trying to grab his attention. "Ayato! Ayato! Aya—"

"—Yes?"

"Do you realize you've been patting my head for a good minute or two?" You pout as you stared at his beautifully carved face.

"Hmm, do you not like it? Dogs generally love head pats."

"I'm not a dog!" You quickly protested, defending yourself as you removed his hand from your head.

As Ayato was about to make a remark, you gave him a hard glare, sending him a hint to stay quiet.

A moment later, a subtle knock disturbed the playful mood. "Apologies for the disruption, my lord. I have come as a reminder that the meeting is starting and we must head our way."

"Of course, Hisashi." Ayato took a deep breath, "ready?"

You nodded confidently before you slid the door open. "After you, O Mighty Lord of
Perv—"

Ayato loudly cleared his throat, purposely interrupting you. "—AHEM, ladies first."

"Very charming~"

You exit the room while Ayato followed behind.
Ayato and you stood by the entrance of the Kamisato Estate, watching Ayaka rush to your side.

She always looked magnificent, the way she gracefully projected herself was tough for any ordinary person to not keep their eyes off of her. She held a small closed umbrella near her chest as if it were some sort of stuffed toy.

"I brought an umbrella...just in case it rains." Ayaka shyly mumbled.

"It'd be troublesome if it did." Ayato bluntly replied.

You all began to head down to Inazuma City. You were constantly fighting your thoughts. The decision you would make will impact everyone around you and the way they perceive you.

Was it okay to decline the Commissioner's request?

Was it okay to put my needs before anyone else's?

Would I end up like Kujou Sara if I accept his request?

All your thoughts were soon interrupted by Ayato whispering, "We're here."

You stood at the very ground of Tenshukaku, admiring the lofty building. It's been a while since you set foot here. You took a deep breath before entering with Ayato and his sister.

Two doushin opened a door, leading you and the two Kamisato siblings inside the building. You were greeted by warm cozy floral incense along with a pair of piercing eyes.

You noticed the shogun was sitting at the very front of the room. An empty seat was near her...that seat was where Sara would always sit.

You greeted everyone, including the Tenryou Commissioner who kept staring and purposefully intimidating you. Nevertheless, you dismissed the harsh gaze of the Commissioner and sat next to Ayato.

The Kujou Takayuki, Hiiragi Shinuke, and Ayato kept glimpsing at one another as if given the chance, they would tear down each other's throats.

The almighty shogun looked around the room, closely observing how everyone was against one another. She parted her lips, sternly announcing that everyone was here.

The Tenryou Commissioner took the chance to speak, "Greetings, I would say the morning weather is marvelous however, it's not." He paused as if he were ready to declare an intelligent statement. "It is gloomy and heavy like the news we all know."

He slowly talked as if it were a tactic to make everyone feel vulnerable and dull like a used blade. He reminded us that Sara was poisoned and then pursued to tell a certain incident that happened fifteen years ago.

"We all remember that one calamity from many years ago don't we? Of course, the current Yashiro Commissioner and his wife were quite young when that transpired." Kujou Takayuki narrowed his eyes, "I wouldn't accuse them of not knowing classified information regarding Florescent fungus."

"Truly a shame many died during that horrendous period." Hiiragi Shinsuke added in. "Yet here we are, fifteen years later and we have a similar situation brought upon our nation."

You silently watched Kujou Takayuki take the lead once more. "I fear that each of our Commissioners and higher ranks is at risk. Think about it, how is it possible to easily poison the Devotee of the Divine?"

Ayato cuts in, he seemed to be exhausted by the how the Tenryou Commissioner kept blabbering. "How are you certain that we are all at risk? Have you given the thought that it could be a possibility that was to only target a certain individual?"

It was evident that annoyance was written all over Kujou Takayuki's shriveled face. Before he gained back his high egoistic confidence, the door unexpectedly broke open, creating a deafening disturbance.

A doushin and a yoriki soldier were heavily breathing while they stood in the room. Everyone's eyes were on them, unsure why they disturbed the meeting.

The yoriki soldier bowed, before standing straight. Sweat dripped down his forehead as he panted. "My deepest apologies! We just got informed five regular citizens have been poisoned, sir! The General's condition has gotten worse as well!"

Fear flashed through Ayato's eyes as he was in shock due to how coincidental that was.

"Sir! What are the orders?" The yoirki dared not to look at the shogun, rather he indirectly observed his master.

"Patrol the city, be sure to look for any suspicious activity and keep track of poisoned victims. Leave now!" The outraged Tenryou Commissioner yelled.

"Yes sir! Our sincerest apology for the disturbance!"

With that, the yoriki and doushin hurriedly left the room, respectfully shutting the door behind them. Takayuki felt a sense of superiority against Ayato.

"I assume we can state that this is a risk for everyone, including the ordinary citizens. If I may be bold, shogun, I ask to gain permission to close the nation." Hiiragi Shinsuke stood up, giving the excuse that Inazuma should be a closed-off nation until the threat is gone.

You jump into the conversation, sharing your thoughts on the situation. "If we close the nation without giving more than a week's notice, many foreigners such as the merchants will be stuck here! There has to be—"

"—So be it!" Hiiragi Shinsuke interrupted you, not allowing you to speak any further. "Your invalid concerns and feelings will bring Inazuma to doom. Closing the nation will give us a higher opportunity of finding who or what is causing our people harm."

You stood there bewildered by how dismissive the Kanjou Commissioner was. The shogun allowed him to close off the nation and keep track of goods.

"An inexperienced young woman such as yourself should stay silent. You should not be making choices based on your emotions." The Kanjou Commissioner added. His words made your blood boil, was it ignorant to want foreigners to have a notice before they're stuck in a nation they do not fully know of?

"Speaking of which, I request Kamisato y/n should aid our almighty shogun and become a replacement of Kujou Sara, for now." The Tenryou Commissioner smirked, feeling amused by how well the cards under his sleeve have played out so far.

You rise from your seat, locking eyes with the dreaded Commissioner. "I..."
You hesitated before you boldly took your stance. "I decline."

Ayato snapped his neck in your direction. He was in surprise that you would reject. He would have assumed that you would have accepted.

"Why do you decline?" The old daunting man questioned.

"I believe if I accept your request, I will most certainly end up like Kujou Sara—"

"—You're putting your selfish needs before the safety of the higher-ups?" Takayuki disrespectfully cut in.

"—No! That's not what I meant! I-I believe an important person that is not only the head of the Kamisato Clan's wife but the daughter of the shogun should not naively partake in becoming the general. It'd be more of higher risk—" You were stopped, being silenced once more.

"Enough. You do not come from a highly important clan nor are you a Commissioner. You are only a mere lucky person that was adopted by the shogun and got married into the Kamisato Clan. You do not possess any significance to the general public." Kujou Takayuki boldly stated, he shattered your confidence with his words.

Your face grew pale as you looked toward the shogun. She unfortunately did nothing to stop Takayuki from speaking the truth.

I hold no importance...?

"It is your obligation to aid the shogun. You are to be thankful to the almighty who saved you, who gave you an opportunity that no other ordinary person would have the chance." Takayuki slightly smiled, knowing the power he held.

"By declining this request, you are stating that you do not appreciate the shogun for giving you a remarkable opportunity. The shogun adopted you, yet you selfishly decline simply because you do not want to assist her and her people. What a pity."

Takayuki's words infuriated you. The way the shogun silently watched as the Commissioner spoke, drove you insane. You raised your voice, knowing very well it was wrong of you to do. "No! I do appreciate the mighty sho—"

"—Then you will accept the request."

"Tenryou Commissioner, don't you think you're taking it too far?" Ayato stepped up, defending you.

"Yashiro Commissioner, we are influential people, we help the nation of Inazuma. If you were to fall or any of us..." Takayuki pointed at everyone besides you, "Our nation will tumble in into its demise. But if she were to fall, nothing will transpire. Nothing will change."

In other words, I am replaceable.

"Kujou Takayuki..." The shogun finally uttered.

"My shogun, wake up to reality. You must think of your people and not just her." He turned around to you, "You are a strong young woman, please do not allow innocent people to continue to suffer. With your strength, I am certain, you would be able to help fix this undesirable danger."

"You are equally powerful as Kujou Sara, that is why we need a strong General like you." He softly mumbled, trying to persuade you with his guileful expressions.

You felt all eyes on you while you defeatedly uttered, "....It is my obligation to accept the request as I am forever in debt to the shogun and her kindness...for saving me."

"With your support, I am certain the threat will not linger long."

"O-of course..."

Quick vocabulary:

Devotee of the Devine: A title of Kujou Sara.

Doushin- a low-level soldier that conducts general affairs and police work. Low-level doushins are given duties such as prison patrol whereas higher-ranking doushin conducted justice, investigations, and patrol throughout the city.

Yoriki: Middle-ranked samurai. They are in charge of the police and commanded the doushin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99K 4.8K 19
𝐀 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐀𝐲𝐚𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐜 ➶➶➶➶➶♡ It's not easy being the head of the flourishing and famous Miyazaki Estate, but that's preci...
57.2K 1.8K 22
Before Kujuo Sara, there was another, another commanding force that raised his sword and valor in the Electro Archon's name. He who was known as the...
59.9K 1.6K 35
Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli and during her stay there, a certain red...
542K 21.7K 50
If you are born into a noble family then your destiny is already pre-determined from the moment you were in your mother's womb. It's either you well...