Kissing My Kryptonite [GL-Sap...

By moshhihart

✪ KISSING MY KRYPTONITE • WRITTEN IN TAGLISH • SAPPHIC ROMANCE (UNEDITED) Ezra Meziah, a transfer student at... More

PROLOGUE
KMK
Chapter 1 - Mission Impossible
Chapter 2 - Plan A
Chapter 3 - Abort
Chapter 4 - Beautiful In Black
Chapter 5 - Hallo Win
Chapter 6 - Stick O
Chapter 7 - Black & White
Chapter 8 - LF Girlfriend
Chapter 9 - Game Of Medals
Chapter 10 - Sweet Off Feet
Chapter 11 - Spellbound
Chapter 12 - Truth or Nah
Chapter 13 - Dark To Light
Chapter 14 - Tickle To Death
Chapter 15 - 50 Shades Darker
Chapter 16 - Kryptonited
Chapter 17 - Exigency
Chapter 18 - Never Again
Chapter 19 - Wind Of Change
Chapter 20 - Tide Turned
Chapter 21 - Last Night
Chapter 22 - Alfa Democrats
Chapter 23 - Overnight
Chapter 24 - Ride
Chapter 25 - City Lights
Chapter 26 - Evil Eye
Chapter 27 - Wishy-washy
Chapter 28 - Deal
Chapter 29 - Softie
Chapter 30 - Hasta La Vista
Chapter 31 - Confession
Chapter 32 - Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 33 - Eat or Dare
Chapter 34 - Aftermath
Chapter 35 - Catriona
Chapter 36 - Piano Lesson
Chapter 37 - Adios
Chapter 38 - Training
Chapter 39 - Cabin House
Chapter 40 - Low-key
Chapter 41 - High-key
Chapter 42 - Red Ribbon
Chapter 43 - Bombshell
Chapter 44 - Game Over
Chapter 45 - Trigger
Chapter 46A - Rafa Eli
Chapter 46B - Cordova
Chapter 47 - Shed
Chapter 48 - X and Y
Chapter 49 - Stronger Together
Chapter 50 - Mission Accomplished
KMK'S FINAL SCROLL

EPILOGUE

81.3K 2.5K 11.4K
By moshhihart

𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

❝ Life is like a piano; the white keys can represent happiness and the black keys show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music. ❞

Kissing my Kryptonite..

The whirlwind of my feelings grew, and my heart leapt in, causing a sudden grief.

Running with tears in my eyes, before I can reach the spot where I had parked my car, I am about to get hit by another luxury vehicle as it crosses the intersection when a tall woman steps in to grab my arm out of the way. She's still clutching me as I snarl at her, and she apologizes profusely after understanding what I am frowning about. Muka siyang hindi taga rito, if I'm not mistaken, she looks more like a mix of Japanese and Filipino. Wren Skeeter Ymmanuel confirms it after popping up out of the building without warning and starting to yell her name.

"Alpha Vañiel, where have you been?!"

"Thanks," is all I can muster, deciding to hurry quickly so I can reach my car and get inside.

The years I spent trying to be the strongest of people were shattered to my end simply upon seeing her hold someone else. Her embrace used to be my perfect place at my weakest, but now is the reason I get weak and sick like shit in pain. Why do I need to witness that?

She's not to be blamed for this, rather, it's my fault, because of my bad decisions. Ezra deserves to be happy and to be with someone who can give her the things in ways that I had been unable to do in the past. If only moving on is something we could buy, what a luxury it is to no longer feel this way.

"Hija, anak, you have a guest," aunt Rafaela, my father's sister.

Sa kanila ako nag-stay since I was 8 years old, they're my second family which is the reason I'm always welcome here. Our new house was built in the same area, and I've only come in to visit my cousin.

"She's waiting at the porch, you should hurry and see her!" my dad's best comrade and one of the greatest martial arts instructors here in England, Uncle Baron, is my aunt's husband. He taught me to be more resilient, one of the people who backed me in escaping Davies in the past, tragically, the plan failed because we had been unable to take Minka with me but we were fortunate to save Red.

I don't understand why there's a sudden guest, aside from the fact that it's nearly seven o'clock in the evening, why would she come here rather than our house? After dumping the basket of fruits I bought for my cousin in the town, I rush out to see who the guest is.

Walking closer, the woman standing gracefully at the porch, who literally looks like a living barbie doll turns to my direction, a gorgeous half smile that can't be bought graces her lips.

"Great to see you again, Professor Cordova."

"Miss Veneracion," my mouth opens then closes, then opens, in the end I don't know what else to say.

"Please drop the formalities, Rafa Eli," she beams a bit more brightly, her eyebrow gently arches, "If my memory serves me well, we were in the same class a few years back."

"Yeah, rivals in that class," I replicate her quirky demeanour. "Great interacting with you again, Miss Perfectionist."

"Are you sure you need to remind me of that, Miss Overachiever? Being rivals and that.." she bites the inside of her left cheek.

We used to call each other that way in those classes after series of debates over something. We don't know each other well enough to give each other nicknames, but we were mad enough to do so, our dominant attitudes clicked. We were rivals in the past until we were allocated to the same project, we collaborated on it, and that is how we came up with the silly names.

"That's not the only way of seeing things," I shrug and disregard the unnecessary argument.

"If you're curious about how I got here, I saw your car outside the piano theater and followed it," she answers the question I'm intending to ask right away, like she's reading my mind.

"Come in for a coffee or wine to my house, then perhaps we can discuss about what brought you here," I have really no idea how to make her feel at home without having to deal with the tense atmosphere between us.

"I'm here for my cousin, Red," she says seriously, "I haven't heard about him in ages so.."

They've been constantly visiting Red at the hospital in the Philippines, just like they did when we transferred him to London, however, as my aunt is a nurse, I eventually decided to bring Red home, back here in Edinburgh. Mr. Friedrich agreed, but only on one condition, his own private doctor must be the one to take in-charge.

Not all of Chanel's men had been successfully arrested. Some of them escaped and disappeared, so we need to protect ourselves from the undying potential danger, especially Red, by hiding him and preventing guests out of seeing him.

Red is technically her cousin, thus she is entitled to see him. I promptly welcome her into our house and escort her into his room.

"Like his mom, he's so strong," a melancholy smile kicks my lips, looking at red's unconscious body lying on the bed, depending on the machinery and equipment utilised on him. "He's brave because up to this day, lumalaban pa rin siya."

"I'm struggling to find the words to say right now," holding Red's hand, Rhio Ritchel seated on the chair next to the bed while I am just standing behind her. After a minute of silence, "How are you doing brave one? The road to recovery is pretty tough, but you are tougher, we will guide you on your way to beat this. Never, never, never give up, okay?"

I went outside to get coffee for her, giving her enough time to spend with Red, and came back inside just in time to see her sobbing on the single couch near the door.

When I walk in, she hastily brushes her face, I sit next to her and hand her a tissue, "Sometimes, I cry too.."

Her tears seem to have hidden implications, like they are backed by deeper reasons.

"I just remember someone I care about so much who had been in Red's situation," she sniffs quietly, "She's gone into a coma, and for that long I've only seen her once."

"How is she now?" then, I ask.

"She's doing well now, somewhere I can't go to."

I'm slowly figuring out what she's saying and who she's pointing at. If there are two most controversial professors at Cambridge University, it's the two of us due to our previous issues that really become talks of the campus, and I'm very sure I know who she's referring to about the woman who's got into a coma and why she's so affected like this.

"I don't know why I'm telling you this much right now, we're not really that close," she accepts the new tissue sheet I offer her, one of her eyebrows lifts to show me a bit of her defensive attitude, "My eyes are just sweaty, I'm not crying," her shoulders slumping, "Hey, is this tissue clean?"

"That's clean," my brow tilts up as I stretch my hand in front of her. "That's not for free, give me five dollars per sheet."

"Are you serious about having your guest pay for your overpriced tissue?"

"Then stop being mean to the owner of this house," I respond and return to our previous topic. "I don't think you need to say much for me to grasp you're pertaining to Zamantha Abvelino."

Her mouth twists, "Just pay attention, and don't try to figure out who's who and the full name."

"Too late, curious ako if you guys met already and how did you handle it after all those years," sabi ko pa, we're on our way out of our house now.

"We didn't meet each other yet."

"Why not?"

"I'm still waiting for the perfect time," she stares at me, no longer wearing the mean look, just a genuine glance. "Perhaps having to wait forever for our loved ones to return is a curse that runs through our genes. We have no expectations other than to be glad when we see them succeeding on their own and being happy with the life they have without us."

My jaw flexes open, I have no ready answer for that.

"Come back with Red when he wakes up and wishes to see the Philippines again," she holds both of my hands. "Or give us a call right immediately and the entire country will flock to see him."

"Rhio Ritchel.." my voice wavers, I bat my eyelashes to control my emotions surfacing through my eyes.

"I haven't said anything before, but thank you for saving them."

"But it was me that put them in danger."

"Ezra had always been an enthusiast of disasters, like the swimmer she is, she grew up playing around and plunging into more accidents and troubles, unconcerned about whether or not she would survive. That was her toxic life cycle until she met you," she seriously states, "I think of you as an antidote that countered and neutralised the death threats she constantly seemed to be accompanied by."

"How could you say all of that?"

"Nung nakilala ka niya, she had at last understood the purpose of her existence, learning to fight and persevere. Her eyes were opened, and she begun to see that there are many of us rooting for her."

"Why are you saying this?" I inquire, I'm starting to piece it, she's not only here for Red but for Ezra too.

"In Ezra's world, she likes being friends with her exes," she lets go of my hands, "I'd love to see you guys talking to each other again and I think you two need to chat a lot to get things straightened up in the past. Closure gano'n? So you both can finally unshackle from what's holding you back and move on."

Is she implying that Ezra hasn't yet moved on?

A few weeks later, Red finally woke up with post-traumatic amnesia, his condition is like a very complex piece of gear in the head that needs a considerable blow. We were unable to tell everyone the news because we didn't want to distress him. We are all deeply affected but also relieved that he is now back. After he gets through this phase, we don't want to force him to remember anything but we're doing everything to help him make his full recovery.

Red did not pass up the chance to return to the Philippines, and with the progress in his condition, we all decided to bring him in with me.

"Pwede naman kayong sa bahay muna mag-stay, tapos ipalinis na rin natin 'yung old house niyo para makabisita ro'n si Red, baka makatulong pa for him to regain his memories," Art suggests, "Akala ko talaga ibang tao na nakabili no'n, sinadya rin palang bilhin ng mga Veneracion."

Nasa YAF kami ngayon and we didn't expect the grand exhibition event to be this big. We came by to meet Art, but caused by unexpected circumstances, he was unable to take time off his work kaya nag-offer na lang siya ng get together breakfast.

"We're presently residing at Mi Vida while getting ready for the day when Mr. Friedrich will announce himself to Red as his biological father."

And, yeah, Friedrich bought the house when we thought it was purchased by another villager.

"Kahit na hindi pa siya fully recovered? Hindi pa niya naalala ang lahat hindi ba?"

"Mr. Friedrich wants to take the risks," I respond by taking a sip of my pineapple juice. We're currently having a late breakfast at a restaurant near the YAF. Red excuses himself saying he needed to go to the restroom, and he has yet to return.

Distressed, I stand and instantly search the area for him until I see his frame enter the YAF. How is that possible when the event is exclusive for selected guests only?

"May invitation po ba kayo, ma'am?" asks by the woman supervising the guest list. Making an alibi will be possible, but I doubt my golden retriever dog will be able to make it inside with me.

My gaze follows Red everywhere he goes inside, "I don't have one but I'm with someone inside-"

"She's one of my special guests!"

When I look at the woman who squeals that excitedly, I pause for a moment, recognizing that it's Cash Veneracion walking towards me from the flocks of reporters who are done interviewing her.

"Professor Rafa Eli Cordova, welcome to Imaginarium!" she rushes over and pecks me on the cheek. "Kahit i-check pa nila, nasa guest list ko na talaga kayo pareho ni Red," her eyes drop on the dog with me, "At isama mo na rin 'yang si Cheese Whiz."

"Thank you, Architect but...how did you know.." I trail off, processing what she means by that. Alam ba niyang nandito kami sa Pilipinas ngayon? And most of all, that Red is finally awake? Then, cheese whiz?

"Don't think too much about it, kay daddy ko nalaman lahat," she winks at me and hugs me again, "I'm so happy you're finally back! Don't worry, the rest of the clan is still oblivious about Red's condition. I respect your family and my father's desire to keep it hidden until he is completely well."

Well, that's overwhelming and I don't know why stepping inside this place is making my heart beats so fast. Before I went looking for Red, I congratulated Cash on her new milestone and met a few of her esteemed guests who I had worked with at Cambridge University.

To get us on our way out of here as soon as possible, I need to find Red, Cheese Whiz helps me to locate him inside.

Kung may program man kanina I think done na, the guests are now on their own taking pictures with their favorite masterpieces, and music starts to commence by whoever is performing at the grand piano.

She'd take the world off my shoulders
If it was ever hard to move
She'd turn the rain to a rainbow
When I was living in the blue~

"This brat talaga," I hiss under my breath, finally spotting him in front of the giant aquarium they call, imaginarium, by the help of my golden retriever.

Why then, if she is so perfect
Do I still wish that it was you?
Perfect don't mean that it's working
So what can I do? (Ooh)

People, particularly kids, are deeply enthralled as the mermaid performs inside the tank, but no matter how exquisite it is, with my strong desire to leave this place, I walk straight to stop Red from photographing the creature inside with his DSLR camera only to get frozen on my own feet.

When you're out of sight
In my mind~

My heart skips a beat as I entirely shove the camera against the glass, revealing a closer look at the gorgeous mermaid's face inside who has been exposed right through it.

'Cause sometimes I look in her eyes
And that's where I find a glimpse of us~

"She looks unreal..and perfect.." Red murmurs as he watches the mermaid swimming beautifully like a real one and comes to an abrupt pause when our gazes contact for a brief seconds. Like a movie screen that stops, she's killing it.

And I try to fall for her touch
But I'm thinking of the way it was~

Said I'm fine and said I moved on
I'm only here passing time in her arms
Hoping I'll find
A glimpse of us~

Red is right, she looks everything like nothing I have ever seen before. She glides with her magical purplish pink tail that makes a slapping sound, and as she parts her mouth inexplicably, bubbles erupt like those are sending me signals which puts me on edge.

Tell me she savors your glory
Does she laugh the way I did?
Is this a part of your story?
One that I had never lived
Maybe one day you'll feel lonely
And in her eyes, you'll get a glimpse
Maybe you'll start slipping slowly
And find me again~

She bore her eyes into me in a way that looked magical, with reflections of light hitting her glowing skin and bluish green eyes. The enchanting eyelid blinks caused by the water are fascinating and seem to be happening in slow motion. I always adore her long eyelashes, and her long hair which I've never seen in the piano competition is what I love most of all, it dances slowly through into the water like it has her soul living in it.

When you're out of sight
In my mind~

I've always thought that actual mermaids are creepier, yet for a brief moment like this, she fulfills my childhood illusions about mythical creatures, and as an adult now, I'm absolutely amazed beyond words.

'Cause sometimes I look in her eyes
And that's where I find a glimpse of us~

She twists her red lips tightly and parts it for more bubbles to come out. Watching her press her open hand against the glass directly in front of my side has left me dumfounded, it's her, my love, Ez, my Ezra.

And I try to fall for her touch
But I'm thinking of the way it was
Said I'm fine and said I moved on
I'm only here passing time in her arms
Hoping I'll find
A glimpse of us~

Folks start to erupt into fits of panic, crying and screaming. And although my eyes are locked on the tank, I didn't realize what was going on because the music jumbled my head for a second or two.

Ooh, ooh-ooh
Ooh, ooh-ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh~

"Ate..ate.." Red drops his camera and starts crying, "She's drowning, hindi siya makahinga...let's help her...I don't w-want her to die.."

Cheese Whiz starts barking loudly in panic. My eyes widen, seeing Ezra struggle to reach the breathing nozzle that causes her to drown and fight for her life.

"No.."

We both race to the backstage, following our dog towards along the way, and I desperately try to find my route to sneak onto the giant tank to do the rescue. With my racing heart, I keep on shouting and it seems like no one is paying attention until the next moment I know-I'm diving deep into the water to save her.

Holding Ezra's unconscious body behind as I think we will not make it, I punch, kick and try to break the tank but it's too impossible. Soon after, a bunch of the lifeguards above begin to gear up and keep a watch out for both of us until we climb up.

"Ez.." I almost cry because she isn't breathing anymore and I need to perform a CPR. "Oh gosh! Please wake up! Damn you! Don't leave like this!"

One of the bystanders speaks, "Ma'am kami na lang po bahala-"

"Leave the fuck alone! I can save her! Call 911 now!" I groan and push them all away. To acquire their trust, I must control my emotions so that I can fulfill the task. She taught me how to swim, I'm now a trained rescuer, and I need to relax as much as necessary to perform the CPR well.

After giving it my all, needles emerge from my chest as she starts to recover, spouting water, and then before she opens her eyes, I urge one of the lifeguards to aide her and do the rest since I need to depart.

Arthur enters the area worriedly, "Rafa?! Ano'ng nangyari?! Okay ka lang ba?!"

Holding Cheese Whiz by my side, I just nod, "Where's Red?"

Scanning around, I spot him and Mighty Deev heading towards the backstage area. Arthur rushes up to me and wraps a towel over my back. When my phone rings, I tell him to fetch Red and bring him back to the restaurant.

It's Mr. Friedrich calling..

"Hello?" I sigh evenly, preparing to inform him about what happened to Ezra.

There's a power of silence before he speaks,

"Zeus Commandos needs your help, Master Sergeant Cordova."

Maybe this is why there's still an empty hollow in my heart, something pulling me back whenever I attempt to somehow get closer to Ezra in order to get by-it's because I'm still apprehensive from being the reason she gets hurt once more, and that there's still no perfect guarantee that I'll be able to return in her life...alive.

And here is my final call: give her freedom by permanently breaking down whatever Chanel left behind which may well tarnish her again, as well as everything Sebaztian Davies, the lord of all the organized crime groups or syndicates, devised to annihilate this world.

Little by little I start, by keeping a close watch on her from afar to ensure her wellbeing, and so by rediscovering places we visited a few years back.

"Why did you leave me?"

The price I must pay, the questions go on and on. My heart breaks with each question she asks, I can't answer no matter how hard I try.

"Do you know that when I started living for a reason because of you, I made a list of three most horrible things in my life?"

She mentions about the list she has made before, I'm just watching her and listening to her.

"Wanna hear the updated list?" she chuckles while wiping her tears.

While she's facing the cold, white slab of concrete with my complete name etched on it.

In loving memory of
RAFA ELI CORDOVA
14th of Dec 199* - 16th of Dec 202*
••
Never will I leave you
Never will I forsake you
hebrews 13:5

The love we have for each other isn't fairytale but it's real, beautiful and worth risking for. Alas, the odds were not in our favor, our story nonetheless ended unhappily ever after.

Dying in this mission with her father is inevitable, and I can't cause her any more grief by waiting for nothing or for the ideal day she wishes to be with me, just to find out it's the day I bleed to death.

"When are you going to stop doing this to me?"

It was then when she finally noticed I was carefully watching her, I followed her about like a fool, trying and not succeeding in showing my face to her after a long period of time. The awaiting moment ended us to an authentic closure, we spoke our hearts out and reconnected again.

The day that we had all been waiting for to introduce Red to the Veneracion clan finally came a week later, but we first had a family feast. I didn't enjoy how it went since I had to explain myself to them all over again in that mansion because they all claimed I was married. Following dinner, Ezra left, I was ready to follow her when her father approached me for a serious conversation.

"Please set up all of your personal matters before setting sail for your training and boot camp," Mr. Friedrich asserts as he adjusts his own tie.

"I'm ready to take off," I say sternly.

"I suspect you don't look ready," his piercing stare turns to mine. "I'm giving you enough time to deal with my daughter this whole pride month."

With trace of hesitation drawing over my face, "But.."

"How are you going to see the end of war if you're like that? I don't mind dying for the people pero ikaw, you still have a lot ahead of you, hindi ka pwedeng mawala," he scoffs, and crosses his legs, "I'm afraid you can't go in that war kung ang anak ko ay hindi mo rin kayang ipaglaban, habang buhay kang mabubuhay sa takot."

My jaw retracts, I don't know how to answer that because I'm in complete awe.

While I am busy working on something, Kelani enters her office and says, "Meziah was bugging me to cut her pretty hair, may bagong girlfriend na ba ulit 'yon?"

I nearly lost my mind when I thought Ezra was going to really cut her long hair as, if ever, it could only suggest that she's over me and my life is about to become a living nightmare. We had closure, I guess we did it. I didn't even realize it was gratifying and comical at once to know that we both believed we could move on, merely for my what if's and but's to be broken by "I want you back," in the end because leaving this country without winning her back is probably going to be one of my worst losses ever recorded in my history.

"Plantsado na, wala nang natirang anino si Chanel."

Four years have passed, and while I'm still certain that everything is great, when I learned that her boyfriend had been gunned down in an ambush, I requested Xiomara to look into whether there was anything connected to Chanel that might have contributed to his demise.

If there is, I shall take immediate action to eliminate any threat, if at all possible.

"Kahit si Sebaztian, alam kong hindi gano'n kadaling linisin lahat ng lason na iniwan niya sa buong mundo pero malaki ang naitulong ng pakikipagtulungan ng Zeus Commandos unit sa mission. Siguro few years from now, abo na lahat ng koneksyon niya."

All of his established syndicates have been dismantled, but we don't want to rest easy because we still suspect that there are a slew of them in government ranks professing to be heroes while really harbouring demons and monsters.

"This means a lot to me," I look at Xiomara.

"Attorney Veneracion and the untouchable Robles are also looking into it. Hindi ako nagsabi pero alam kong nasa likod niyo lang sila palagi," she smiles.

"Yes, I spoke with them just last week."

"That's great! Nabanggit na rin ba nila?" she stares at me, "Tungkol sa totoong pangalan ng ex-boyfriend ni Chanel Velazco?"

"Mighty Deev said it's Verxon Laczamana," tumango ako, "Brent Laczamana's biological brother."

I supposed it ended there but..

"Lahat ng exes ni Velazco namamatay na lang bigla pagkatapos niyang makuha gusto niya. That clarifies how she acquired all of her money before," she shakes her head. "Ang kaibahan lang sa pakikipag-ugnayan niya kay Verxon Laczamana ay isang plano, he provided all the funding for her nefarious schemes to cause destruction among the Veneracion and Sandoval clans para sa pagtakas ni Brent Laczamana. This explains why she chose to work under Steven Verg Veneracion first before proceeding to deal with her main target, the vice president, at kung bakit lagi niyang inuuna ang mga Veneracion kaysa sa mga Davies."

Nagulat ako, "Nobody brought this up before."

"Verxon fooled Chanel as well, hiding his involvements with the syndicates by using a pseudonym. He does, however, have a deep and special connection with Sebaztian Davies since they both breathe in the same underworlds."

"I don't know why I'm not surprised at all."

"May kailangan ka pang malaman."

"What is it?"

"Ang lumabas sa huling imbestigasyon kaya ito agad na naisara, isang doktor na hawak ni Sebaztian Davies sa leeg ang pumatay kay Minka sa loob ng facility at hindi talaga nito kinitil ang sarili."

Aware ako tungkol diyan at akala ko hanggang doon na lang ang katotohanan.

Walang kinalaman si Mr. Friedrich sa lahat nang kadungisan ni Sebaztian up to Minka's death. If there's anything, he's a notorious unfaithful husband, he denied Red and didn't take any action in the past to ameliorate the situation, and, like me, Sebaztian had led him to believe Minka was dead, so he wasn't aware that she was confined purposely to the institution. Pinatapon niya si Minka sa hospital na 'yon para hindi ito magsalita pa ng ikasisira niya at para hindi magkaro'n ng reasons si Friedrich to hate him.

"Xiomara," I clench my jaw.

"Minka's real murderer is Brent Laczamana," she holds my hands to calm me down, "At utos pa rin ni Sebaztian Davies 'yon with the help of Verxon Laczamana kapalit nang pagtulong niya sa pagtakas ng kapatid niya sa facility. Malinis magtrabaho si Brent Laczamana kaya nagkainteres sa kanya si Davies, numero uno sa dahas at pagmanipula."

And as I had previously heard in the news, Brent Laczamana was able to escape the institution after Chanel passed away and everything fell into shambles.

"Don't worry, Sebaztian Davies is dead and so Verxon Laczamana. Himas rehas na ulit ang kalbong si Brent Laczamana kaya wala nang makakapanakit sa inyo, Chanel Velazco is also gone, hindi na kayo mabubuhay pa sa takot," she raises her head and dries her tears. "Malaya na tayong lahat."

I encircle her in a hug and repeatedly express my gratitude for all of her efforts and sacrifices, "Please stay in touch with us no matter where you go."

"Of course, susulpot lang ako bigla kung saan and I'll make sure to be always in the right timing," she pulls back and smiles, "My heart couldn't be happier to see you two finally spending lifetime of love together and stronger."

"Thank you, Agent Xiomara," another time, we shake hands. We both need to hurry outside since the door continues to be knocked on.

Just behind the YAF, we are at Veneracion's private freeport, a real wide racing speedway. Ezra will be participating in a game at the Afroilan International Speedway next week, she invited everyone who is into the sport and curious to join this drill before the anticipating day.

As we all see the supersport bikes approaching the finish line in which we have gathered to await the players. Rich DR, Mighty Deev, and Cash begin screaming, whereas Rhio Ritchel and I are too serious and anxious about the game.

Cash nudges me, "Why are you so tense? This is Ezra's forte, you don't need to be so worried like that," then she points to Rhio Ritchel, and giggles, "Her wife has a clumsy legendary track record, this isn't her sport yet she's killing it."

"Oh my! Nandito na sila!" Rich DR squeals with delight as the first five supersport bikes ground to a stop at the exact same spot.

The supersports riders wearing the same cool racing suits are Zamantha Abvelino, Jazzver Robles, Saint Law, Lucca Ivo Chua and of course, Ezra Meziah Veneracion, are all here. They dismount their bikes and take off their helmets at the same time.

"Cool," Mighty Deev mumbles quietly. Rich DR drops her things and starts running towards them. Jazzver is ready to give her an embrace, but the latter only runs past her and hugs Lucca instead that make all of us burst out into laughter.

Jazzver frowns, and joins our group swiftly, then she whispers, "Sa'n mo nabili top mo?"

I gaze down at my strapless black top, which bares my stomach and cleavage. Akala ko green joke so with my usual death glare, "Can you tell me where I can purchase a perfect knife to cut your guts so I can tie your large intestines over your mouth?"

Eyes widening, she slaps her own mouth, "I didn't mean to sound rude or disrespectful," then she looks back at the supersports riders of the day. "Hindi naman 'yang suot mo tinutukoy ko ma'am, eh. Nakikita mo ba 'yung katabi ni pareng Zamantha? Iyon! Sa'n mo kasi nabili 'yon?!"

"Oh," I raise an eyebrow and return my gaze to Ezra, who is standing brightly next to Zamantha, "Are you pertaining to that pretty handsome?"

"Yes naman, siya kasi tinutukoy ko," she chuckles loudly, "Saang kanto mo ulit binili-"

"Why do you sound so interested? Are you in love with her? Stop exposing yourself, Robles."

Her eyes bulge one more, "Ma'am kilabutan ka nga diyan! Tropa ko 'yan, eh Hindi kami talo niyan!"

"Okay, she's priceless and limited edition," I cut her off, "she's only mine, got it now?"

"Taas!" she chuckles as she glances above us, as if she sees something I don't. "Naniniwala na akong isa kang malupet na bakodera queen tapos magaling pa pumader, taas, eh!"

"Hoy, Jazzver! Alam mo ba 'yung one meter distance?" Ezra warns her to stay away from me.

Her fellow riders draw near, like champions, to meet everyone.

"Bakit tie kayong lahat?! Sino'ng panalo?! Nag-usap-usap ba kayo?!" Cash inquires in suspicion, "hindi niyo kami maloloko!"

"Most likely, it's an order magmula sa kataas-taasan," Zamantha smiles at us and walks quickly to kiss her wife on the cheek. I love their chemistry, both of them seem to make a better whole. They complement each other in every way possible, it's a bit bad I only encountered Zamantha on their wedding anniversary last week, I wish I met her sooner.

"Sabi ng mga cowboys baka raw karatehin niyo isa't isa kapag naging totoong laro 'to, baka kung anu-ano rin pinusta niyo, eh ako rin naman mananalo," so mayabang na pahayag ni Ezra, kainis.

Inasar lang nila isa't isa, hindi naman nagpatalo 'yung iba lalo na si Jazzver at Lucca na muntik magkasapakan.

"Dahan-dahan sa pagyayabang dude, paano kami mananalo kung 'yung isa sa 'min nakatakip isang mata?" she glances at Saint who's busy drinking water with Cash wiping her dripping sweats, "Si Lucca naman mukang sinuhulan mo na tapos ako minamalas pa dahil sa isa diyan," she turns to Rich DR, making it obvious she's the reason why, "Tapos si Zamantha naman competitive'yan! Pero iniingatan niya buhay niya kasi magkakapamilya na!"

Ezra chuckles, "Magkakapamilya rin naman a-" I peck her lips, she needs to shut up, everyone teases us because of it.

"Tanginang 'yan, foul! Huwag nga kayo sa harap ko maglandian!" Jazzver scowls, I blush and hide my face on Ezra's chest. "Out of my sight!"

"Kasalanan ba namin kung mabagal ka?!" Ez...throws her helmet, Jazzver swiftly snatches it with a sneer on her face and harshly tosses it back, but I quickly avert it by kicking it back to her. She immediately makes a manoeuvre to avoid it, Saint calmly catches the helmet as it falls in their direction, sparing Cash from the blow and danger.

"Diyan ka lang mabilis, Robles?" Cash glares at her, while making sure Saint is fine.

"Hinay-hinay nga kayong lahat, malay niyo bukas kasal na ako," she winks at Rich DR, "Sa iba HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

"Stupid," Rhio Ritchel grumbles, it's because Rich DR walks out due to Jazzver's unfunny joke.

"Tangahan mo pa!" pahabol pa ni Ezra. "Malay mo mamaya bumulagta ka na lang diyan!"

"Is it a requirement to come here with a partner?" Mighty Deev gives us a lazy look before wearing her helmet and straddling her own bike. "Enjoy your day, love birds!"

"Iriz! Where are you going?!" Cash calls her sister back.

"Just let her go," Ezra says, "May pupuntahan lang 'yon, babalik din panigurado."

"Ladies, move quick, they're all here!" Saint points out the six horses approaching us this time.

"Make way folks!

"Talaga naman!"

"Nice!"

"This is the real game, I see," my mouth parts as I gawk at the six different big horses racing until they all cross the finish line.

"Daddy Rafael won," Ezra mumbles in awe so am I. My father known for being an equestrian like me won the horse racing game against her father, Don Steven Vergh Veneracion, General Lukas Chua, Engineer Denzel Abvelino Jr. and Dr. Richardo Delos Reyes.

They all congratulated each other afterwards.

"Sinuswerte talaga kayo, ano!" Lucca gives us fist bumps.

"Siyempre naman, epilogue namin 'to no," Ezra counters and breaks into an annoying laugh, oh I don't know exactly what she's talking about.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boodle fight is ready!" our mommies beckon us all towards the picnic grounds.

We all took a trip to Casa Grande the following morning to celebrate Red and Blue's birthday. It has been years since Red acknowledged his biological father. I'm happy for them, Minka certainly longed it to happen as well.

As soon as Ezra approaches me, I ask, "Did you talk to him?"

There isn't a festival going on, but her dad surprised the celebrants by beautifying the sky with the famous and fabulous flying lanterns in this beachtown. He also made a whole other proposal to Ezra's mom, but unfortunately, she turned him down.

While watching the Red, Blue, Silver, and all the other kids playing around the site, Ezra just stands there and scans the vibrant sky.

"Nakausap ko rin si mommy, she rejected him kasi kulang pa raw 'yung five years na panunuyo ni daddy. I think she's really serious about it dahil sa tensyon kanina, alam kong kahit hindi niya sabihin, nandoon pa rin 'yung sakit kaya naiintindihan ko," she lets out a sigh and puts her hands in her pockets. "At maiintindihan ko kung hindi man dumating ang araw na mapatawad niya si daddy."

"Come here," I softly pull her hand, "Sit next to me please."

She carefully moves in closer and gets to sit next to me on this wooden bench.

I pat my lap and my shoulder to offer her an option of where she would want to sleep with me, saying, "I feel the exact same way anytime I see my parents arguing over for something," she gingerly rests her head onto my lap while fidgeting with my other hand on her belly. "They are both making an effort, the slower they try, the quicker they will get there."

"We've been there and that," she kisses the back of my hand, her warm lips lingering against my skin, so gentle and endearing, "and I'm grateful we're finally here."

Smiling, I stroke the baby hair on the sides of her ears and up on her forehead. Her hair is still long, and she has never trimmed it short since we rekindled our relationship a year ago.

"That's why I'm telling you, it's not impossible for them too."

"Mabuti na lang talaga hindi ako kay mommy nagmana," she narrows her eyes and casts a sly grin at me.

"What?" I lift my brow, her smile is telling me something else.

"Hindi kasi marupok si mommy, eh."

"So you're admitting it?"

"Na marupok ako? Siyempre hindi.." she burst out laughing, "Hindi ko itatanggi! Sino ba namang hindi rurupok sa isang Rafa Eli Cordova?"

"But my question is about you admitting that you, like your father, are a womanizer, which your mom didn't pass down to you for sure."

She used to be a play girl, but now she's the polar opposite: I only have her eyes on me, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

"Ang tinutukoy ko lang naman, hindi marupok si mommy, eh! Kasi kung namana ko 'yon sa kanya, baka hanggang ngayon nagpapakipot pa rin ako sa 'yo," she shrugs and giggles. "At hindi rin dahil sa ayoko nang magsayang ng oras, ikaw na kasi 'yan eh! Maganda, matalino, responsable, walang arte, mabait-baitan, Rafa pangalan, Eli ang second name, Veneracion ang-"

"It's like on valentines evening, you're overly upbeat."

"H-ha?" she flashes me a silly look. "Ano 'yan change topic? Muntik ko nang maintidihan, ah."

"Sweetheart, obedient, mushy, understanding, cute, heartthrob," I say, nibbling on my bottom lip.

"Ako ba 'yan?" she scrunches up her face, I allow her some time to process what i said.

"I love you," I groan and scoff, "Stop playing dumb, kaasar."

She leaps out of my lap and turns to face me, "Kulang pa 'yan."

"Are you saying my I love you is not enough?"

"No! I know the whole hidden message is I love you so much," she smirks, her hand softly guiding me to lean on her shoulder, which is done by hugging her tenderly. My face is buried in her neck, my hand is wrapped around her abdomen. Her lips trace my head, "Mahal na mahal din kita."

My eyes welling up, overwhelmed, "Thank you for keeping your promises."

Ezra Meziah Veneracion never failed to keep her promises, I didn't ask for it but she gave me the world. Loving her made my life meaningful, she become the most integral part of myself, like an oxygen, she's infusing love in my lungs which keeps me going and allows me to breathe once again.

Life's setbacks didn't stop trying us along the way, and as many years go by, our love becomes stronger and stronger than ever to conquer all the roadblocks. Now, this life is ours, we don't have to be scared anymore to run without looking back. Finally at last, the visions we once had have come true-it was all I had ever wanted to be.

"I'm giving you two minutes to prepare before your individual performance," it's my final instruction before returning to my laptop and working on delivering the grading criteria.

After getting promoted on Zeus Commandos unit, I went back to teaching. My job as a reservist did not end there, I still volunteer for activities like dealing with disaster relief and community services in whatever capacity I can.

In the midst of my student's presentations, I set down my things to see who's knocking at the door.

"Yes?"

They're a group of students, people I know, who are aspiring to be leaders at this university.

Did they realize what sort of class they were disrupting for?

"Good morning professor! We are Magna Legacy Party list, may we have a short moment in your class for our SSC Campaign po?" they all respond politely in unison.

"This is a multi-series workshop, I would rather that you don't," I give them a really stern and challenging look.

The student, who I believe is the aspiring SSC President, approaches me with conviction, "I know you're one of the outstanding SSC Advisers of this university, and we're more than honoured to provide you with my team's principled stances and platforms for the development of our school and the students overall."

What I was emphasizing earlier was that they all knew that breaking into this class would be challenging because I am the type of lecturer who will make absolutely sure the time I give is spent efficiently.

"What's your name?" I ask seriously.

"Kiana Parker, 16, and I'm running for the position of SSC President."

Oh, this young team leader is definitely up for a major challenge.

"Certainly, be our guests," without letting it be apparent that I'm a little flabbergasted by her confidence, I beckon them all inside. There are so many of them that I had no idea how many had made their way inside. They're carrying a giant box with wheels that captures everyone's attention including mine, possibly a necessary thing for their campaign.

I shut the door, but as immediately as I do, all the students within crack up, which puzzles me because the SSC candidates haven't yet begun their campaign.

"What's funny?" I inquire as to what compel lthem to go silent. "Why don't you share the joke with me so we can all laugh together?"

My emotions are gaining over when I hear another series of knocks on the door. I personally despise it when my students laugh out loud such a way because it's annoying and they make me feel like a clown in front.

On top of that, I had a fight with Ezra this morning over breakfast, so I'm not really feeling well or in a good spirit today. She hasn't done anything to make up with me just yet, which makes me hate it more that this feeling extended into work. According to Jazzver's news, there were women who performed sexy dances at her workmate's bachelorette party last night. When I asked her about it and if she watched those women, she bluffed and gave me some ridiculous excuses.

Annoyed, I open the door, "Who are you.." my speech falters as I recognize who is at the door knocking.

She grins sweetly, her brows furrow, and pretending to not give her a damn, "Who are you? Hindi mo na ako kilala? Pinagpalit mo na ba ako sa iba?"

She gets the sharp side-eye from me, I shake my head. She isn't allowed to approach me today like nothing happened in the morning because I'm still mad at her! I scoff, "Who are you to come here, disrupt the class, and-"

She stops me in my tracks with a finger-up, which she later uses to fix her pilot accessories on her white uniform, and smiles confidently. She is outfitted perfectly, exactly like the most incredible captain of their own airline. Her presence at this university today suggests, in my mind, that she didn't report to work today for some reasons.

She adjusts her neck tie, taking off her tailored and really-made pilot hat, "I'm your wife, Professor Veneracion."

"S-so?" I clear my throat and blush. I'm still mad at her! "I know you're my wife but we're just friends! Got it?"

Officially, she's my wife, and I flush at the fact. Our first private wedding, to which only the family of both parties were invited, took place a month after I had proposed to her in England. We held onto it throughout the year of trying to conceive until she again proposed for another grand wedding, a special ceremony that both introduced me proudly to all of her clans and announced to the world that the female casanova they speculated would never find love had finally found her perfect match in me.

My negative mood instantly vanishes when I reflect on those lovely moments. I close the door first, trying to hide my kilig and smile behind it, then I open it again to see her, only to have my mouth drop wide at the sight of her carrying our five-year-old and six-year-old babies.

"Oh my gosh kayo.." my hands fly to my chest in surprise! I really think my eyes are playing tricks on me!

They are all dolled up in white mini-pilot uniforms similar to what their mom, the tall captain is wearing. These little cinnamons enjoy cosplaying, sometimes they would cosplay soldiers, doctors, nurses, teachers, superheroes, disney cartoons, and other costumes of their choosing.

"Mommy!" our angels shout loudly at once. "Happy birthday!"

The design of their wide and mischievous smiles flickering across those angelic faces is so Ezra Meziah Veneracion! I guess this is wild, I'm surprised.

Overwhelmed with my emotional responses because first, I forgot it's my birthday today, second, my family is here and the situation is kind of confusing the hell out of me because of their surprises, and lastly, it takes me a bit longer to count the kids, and make sure they're all gathered here.

One..

Two..

Three..

Four..

Five..

"Ez.." I take another look at the babies around her, the first one is sitting around her neck, the second and third are clinging from both of her sides by her hands, the fourth and fifth are holding their siblings' hands and the sixth is missing..

Rara Cordova-Veneracion

Raez Cordova-Veneracion

Elizaiah Cordova-Veneracion

Elrafah Cordova-Veneracion

Rafaez Cordova-Veneracion

The five beautiful and adorable princesses are all here except for one..

Ezraeli Cordova-Veneracion

"Where's the other one? Ezra, where's Ezraeli?!" I worryfully scan the surroundings more.

Likewise, Ezra exhibits concern, "I didn't know where did she go, ang sabi ko kumapit lang siya sa 'kin, eh!"

I don't understand why only we seem concerned in this situation, the students are too amused by what they are all watching!

"My deep apologies for the interruption class but I need to find my missing angel," I say, permitting the Magna Legacy Party-List to take over.

I gasp and halt in my stride when Ezraeli rises from the giant box, the SSC candidates were carrying earlier. Now I understand why my class seemed entertained and why everyone is keeping their smiles and giggles to themselves. Baka kanina pa sumisilip 'yung bata from the box at kung anu-ano ang ginagawa!

"Ezraeli is here! Happy birthday, mommy!" she leaps with a piece of paper on which she has written what she is saying, oh gosh, the efforts! My face retorts at the last line of her short greetings, "Sorry na, 'di na ako galit, uwi ka na," written and signed by Ezra. Hmp! She's using our babies in her own scheme again to say sorry! That's it, that's my wife!

"Hey you little angel, who told you to hide in that box?!" I step in closer to carry the small bean from the box, it's too big for her to come out by herself. I kiss her head gently, "Thank you, little one," as I walk over to see Ezra with the other children-suddenly in utter disbelief, my jaw drops open because four of them have disappeared once more!

Cocking my head, "Ez.." I say, while sending her a warning glare. "Please tell me you have everything under control."

"I'm sorry love," Ezra looks scared, Baby Raez is riding around her neck, giving me adorable giggles that help to temper my wife's current growing tendency to irk me more. She's really lucky she has that angel with her! Or else I would've already kicked her knees right now!

"Rara!"

"Elizaiah!"

"Rafaez!"

"Elrafah!"

They are scurrying through the classroom, Ezra and I had to draw in on to grab them because they start to find it satisfying and hilarious to run like that while being caught! Kung saan-saan sila sumusuot at nagtatago, ang hirap nilang huliin kasi ang bilis nilang tumakbo lahat tapos hindi pa sila napapagod!

"Raez!"

"Ezraeli!"

The two joined their siblings, who had caused further chaos inside my classroom. Thank heavens the students helped us in getting every one of them! My head is about to explode!

Following some hard racing after our angels, Ezra gives a little wink before exiting, "Bawi ako sa bahay, love!"

She shuts in the six angels inside the opened giant box with the wheels so she could convince them to just go home and get ready for the birthday party as I still have a class to complete and I can't go with them.

"We love you mom! See you later!" the six tiny angels all scream and giggle in unison.

"Ezraeli, Elizaiah, Ezrafah, Rafaez, Rara and Raez! Sa bahay na kayo tumawa nang sabay-sabay! Behave muna kayo, okay? Agagalet na si Mommy Rafa Eli niyo, napagod 'yan maghabol!" Ezra chuckles. "Let's go home and start wrapping our gifts for our beloved commander!"

Kung sasakit lang ulo ko sa gifts na 'yan, 'wag na lang, my trust issues can't handle this anymore! Isa pa, it's Elrafah, not Ezrafah! See? So chaotic!

"Ma'am! Saan niyo po nabili batteries ng mga cuties na 'yan?" one of the students asks, sounds like a funny compliment for me, I guess? The babies actually resemble human dolls because of their long, curling brown hair and other physical attributes they inherited from us.

Apologetically, I shake my head, "Sorry for the sudden interruptions-"

"Sa shopee namin nabili! Long lasting 'to, hindi madali malowbat!" Ezra answers outside! Damn this woman! She's still here! The babies, para silang nasa loob ng isang malaking cart na tinutulak niya ngayon.

"Go home na, Ez," I glare at her and shift to a big smiling face, saying goodbye to my babies, "See you in a few, my loves!"

They're not sextuplets, if you're wondering, but they make no difference from real non-identical or fraternal sextuplets. Ezra and I got pregnant together with two twins. I only got pregnant a week or two earlier than the success of her IVF procedure. After a year, it happened to our next two babies, we were able to pull it through with each other again. Sabay kaming nagbuntis, at nanganak sa magkasunod na buwan. It wasn't an easy road, but it's worth a life's experience. Nairaos niya mga paglilihi moments ko pero hindi ko siya natiis. Kidding, we did it with each other, as we always say, we're stronger together.

We both manifested that and it really happened. It's realistically possible, and all it takes is meticulous plannings on our part to make it so.

"Love sorry na, oh," she pouts dramatically, "It's true that I attended the bachelorette party, pero wala talaga akong kaalam-alam na may gano'ng klaseng gimmick do'n. Hindi ko na sinabi sa 'yo kasi ayokong mag-overthink ka. Ngayong may binubuhay na akong pamilya saka pa talaga ako magloloko? Hindi ko gagawin sa 'yo 'yun 'no! Ayoko pang maging abo!"

My turn to speak, "Galit ka?"

"Hindi," umamo cute na muka niya, "Itigil mo na kasi 'yang playgirl allegations mo dahil matagal na akong tumino! Mambababae lang ako kapag dumami ka!"

"Are you done raising your voice at me?"

She chuckles nervously, "I'm not shouting, hindi nga ako sumisigaw kapag may nambubulagang multo sa TV, eh," lumabi siya na parang bata, "But 20 years from now tingin ko nakikita ko na sarili ko sa hospital na sumisigaw ng, 'hindi ako baliw' tapos mahal pa rin kita."

Mattias Adriana called, and she's done explaining it, but I'm not going to tell Ezra about it yet as I still want what I'm getting right now. The beseeching look on her face as she begs me to forgive her, with her baby-like pouty lips and golden retriever eyes that twinkle with pretty handsomeness, is what I'm living for. She's so attractive! Nakakainis!

"Sleep ka sa couch tonight, not in the bed with me."

"Paano na makukumpleto birthday mo kung hindi ako matutulog sa tabi mo? Lugi ka kung gano'n!"

"Ang importante kumpleto tulog mo sa couch for one week starting tonight," I turn aside and hide my smile.

Following that, the kids come over to play with us, she didn't stop until I give up because why not? Her charm is too irresistible and I can't stay mad at her forever!

She's playing piano when I get in our room after our family's celebration for my birthday. Tulog na rin ang mga bata, this room and the gym are soundproofed for one reason, hindi maistorbo mga kids sa ingay naming mag-asawa kapag nagbabardagulan.

"What's this?"

It's because she's playing Love Me Like You Do on the piano! If it weren't for the bad memory, I would have loved her performance and the song!

"So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do.." she begins singing along with the piano.

"Stop that.." I press my lips together, leaning on the door while watching her touch the keys with her fast and long fingers.

"Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do.." she chuckles between the lyrics.

"Stop teasing me, tonight's my birthday, hoy!" I say, crossing my arms over my shoulder. I admit it, she has a beautiful voice, nawawala 'yung inis ko when she's singing it like that seriously without making fun of it.

"Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?" she stops playing the piano, and thumps her hands to turn on the lights.

Tumayo siya na kumakanta pa rin, feel na feel niya 'yung song while playing an invisible guitar in front of her!

Gosh, this woman! Para siyang tanga sa ginagawa niya but admitting it, she's cute.

"Rafa Eli, that's eleven years ago," she chuckles and pouts, she really enjoys watching my reactions always when I hear the song that made me look like a fool eleven years ago!

Shaking my head with an attitude, I act rapidly to evade her, but she instantly flips me over and pins me. With a smirk on her face, her hands seize on both sides of my body, trapping me to the wall, "Tanggal na ba angas mo?"

"I still hate it," my body freezes, lying, "I'm so offended."

"I'm singing it for you tonight para kapag narinig mo ulit 'yung kanta sa susunod kahit saan, ito na lang ang maaalala mo," she whispers huskily on my ears, her lips blowing air against my skin and it's tingly as hell. "Let's make lovely memories with that song, love."

Chewing on my bottom lip, my eyes meet hers sensually, "Go ahead, do anything and make me forget it."

She lifts me and lays me on top of the piano, a teasing cheeky grin on her lips. The tension rises, we're like new couple drowning in the moment when we hear her walkie talkie makes hissing noise inside her pocket.

"Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Can you hear us?" the six kids on the other room speak at the same time through the white walkie talkie, I think they're only using one this time because the others including mine are dead bat.

Ezra sighs, and places her walkie talkie between our heads so we can hear and respond together. She mouths with her wide eyes, "Why are they still awake at this hour? Akala ko tulog na silang anim?" to which I reply with a whisper, "I don't know, they probably tricked me!"

Sometimes kahit tulog na kasi silang lahat, once one of them wakes up, damay lahat.

"Are you there, mommy?" Elizaiah speaks first, the words they say first are their favorite walkie-talkie lines.

"Hello, Rafaez speaking!" Rafaez giggles!

Elrafah whispers, "Guess who's talking?"

"Come in, mom!" Rara follows giddily, her voice is so loud and clear!

"Mic check!" that's Raez who is shouting like a nightingale!

"Radio check!" damn, Ezraeli is really awake! She's the one who fell asleep first before I went out of their room!

"Affirmative, this is Captain Ezra Meziah Veneracion, what can I do to my princesses?" her voice is so soft, she is so hot when she's that serious.

"We, the princesses, just want to say goodnight!" the six angels answer actively.

My wife keeps her mouth in my neck impatiently, drizzling me controlled but wild kisses. For a moment, she forgets her walkie talkie language, "Alam niyo ba na according to Philippine Constitution Republic Act 0-2-0-2 pangit na lang daw gising ngayon sa loob ng kwarto niyo? Go to bed, sleepyheads! Now or never-"

"Hello there, sweethearts," I respond sweetly to our angels, Ezra grabs the walkie talkie from me and makes a long hissing sound, "Zzzzzz....out of service! Out of service! Abort transmission! Retreat-" she stops when I snatch it away from her again.

"My loves? Can you hear me?" I ask my babies patiently and bite Ezra's cheek because she's being impatient and horny, our kids just want to say goodnight!

"Yes mommy!" they respond clearly. "Mommy, can I ask you question before we go to sleep?" Raez asks first, "What's our breakfast tomorrow?"

Ezra breathes out, "Raez, bukas na natin pag-uusapan breakfast, gabi pa naman-"

"Just let them ask what they want, they're not even asking for a story time, give them a minute!"

Ezra sighs and stops reaching for my lips, "Okay angels, we'll have chocolate chips pancake without nuts, veggie waffles, eggs, cold cereal and milk tomorrow! At siyempre, si commander magluluto kasi taga-mukbang lang tayo!" she chuckles and catches her breath for a second, "Basta anything you want but healthy, okay? Night night? My sun and moon?"

"But we have more questions!" Elrafah doesn't want to give up.

Without my signal, they begin talking nonstop and knocking us with silly questions. We honestly can not tell whose questions are being asked because the six of them are talking all at the same time! Sobrang chaotic sa kabilang linya, my ears barely keep up.

"Question! Question! Question! Question! Question! Question!"

"Why is a boxing ring square? Expound, show history!"

"If the roses are red, why are violets blue?!"

"What's cake in tagalog?"

"Bakit green ang blackboard?!"

"Bakit kapag maganda at cute, ako na agad?! Elaborate! I need an acceptable reason!"

"Can I put ball pen in my pencil case?!"

"Why is the sky so blue? and why is the grass so green?!"

Ezra's mouth drops open, then it closes and opens again, "Talk to my lawyer, this conversation is over!"

Massaging my temples, I grab the walkie talkie from my wife because she seemed to be about to lose her mind. The kids keep on hammering us with their neverending questions!

I think she's right, we should end this call right now before we get lost in translation.

"Alright listen little cinnamons, we're keeping your questions in our heads and hearts for tonight. We will answer all of it tomorrow, do you copy?" I say, patiently.

"Copy!" they answer enthusiastically, they're so loud!

My lips break into smile, "Go to bed na, babes, do you copy?"

"Copy!" all of them answer so sweetly.

"Say your goodnight's now, your mom and I are ready to listen," I smile and tilt my head a bit to give Ezra all the access, her hands are all over my body, gosh.

"Sweet dreams, mommies!"

"Nighty night, my queens!"

"See you in the murnen!"

"Good nighty, loloves!"

"Kissh!"

"Mwah! Always and forever, moms!"

Ezra stops kissing me for a while to properly send them good night, "Love yew mga abunjing abunjing ko, dream of your mommies playing lullaby in the piano-"

I need to cut her off and say, "Don't forget to pray, okay?"

"Roger!" they answer, so adorable! I can't wait to spend my whole day with them tomorrow!

The hissing of their walkie talkie suddenly gets louder and tricky but I know they're still talking but it's hard to understand now, because of that, they start using the NATO Phonetic Alphabet for their last message, oh their favorite thing..

The complete message is..

"Whiskey Echo, Lima Oscar Victor Echo, Yankee Oscar Uniform, Sierra Oscar, Mike Uniform Charlie Hotel, Mike
Oscar Mike Mike India Echo Sierra! Papa India Alfa November Oscar, Lima Echo Sierra Sierra Oscar November, Whiskey Echo Lima Lima!"

"Roget that!" Ezra immediately answers before turning off the walkie talkie and throwing it somewhere on her side.

Their last message keeps me blushing so hard, Ezra starts teasing me about it. They probably said that because of the unintended sound of the piano keys! Nakaupo ako literal sa ibabaw tapos galaw pa nang galaw si Ezra kaya maririnig talaga nila.

"Sundan na ba natin ulit? But this time magkakamuka naman?" she whispers huskily against my earlobe, I falter at the tingly sensation. "Sobrang ganda mo lagi, it's like you're aging in reverse, you're a real-life goddess..."

"Ez.." my head falls back a bit, allowing her to commence her wild lesson for me. My hands grasp on her shirt, I start unbuttoning it while she's busy ripping off mine until we're both naked.

"Balik tayo sa Love me like you do.." she goes on with our thing, kissing me like I am made of candy, damn it.

"What?" my arms snake around her neck, I can't stop but muffle my moans.

"For tonight's music, I am the pianist and you are my piano.."

And we made love all night.

Marrying her is one of the best things happened to me. She may not be able to undo the unfortunate things that have happened in my life, but she is willing to go to any length to bring me precious memories to cherish for the remainder of my existence.

Meeting her feels like seeing the sun rises after long years of living darkness. We traversed through seemingly forests, the harshest waters, dangerous bridges and the most treacherous roadways called life but in the end, we found our own paradise.

"Happy birthday, love," Ezra delicately drapes the white sheet over my body, she kisses my belly one last time, "Welcome aboard, commander."

I'd always been haunted, dark, and lost my entire life. Now that I'm unbound, I can finally see myself stronger than ever to conquer the ghosts of my distant past, where I find light and beauty in the dark with her by my side, having to build a big family and spend the rest of my days with them. Ezra, and our baby kryptonites are my blessings in disguise.

"Thank you for your service, captain," I whisper and snuggle her with all my heart.

My love for her is like realities of war I fight to win, after all the pain, the blood we shed and these chapters-we did, however, arrive and aimed our glorious victory.

Not the very last, however, our latest plea,
a lasting happiness for us.

Rumor has it, this is your professor, Lieutenant Commander Rafa Eli Cordova-Veneracion, abiding by my special duties in this country, as well as pledging to love my wife, Captain Ezra Meziah Veneracion, with our combined strengths, visions, and weaknesses. Whatever the future holds, I will honor her for all the days we will spend with one another.

This is my mission, kissing my kryptonites, until my dying breath.

୨ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 ୧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 54.3K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...
2M 39.6K 67
WARNING: R-18 [COMPLETED] Adrien Lorenzo. My boss and my F Buddy. Everything is running smoothly in my fairytale F buddy story until Adrien's father...
1M 32.8K 43
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...
2.3M 88.8K 48
Green Wynn "the siraulo" Zhanses Status: Completed Date started: 03.01.22 Date ended: 05.08.22