Straying From The Game

By Phoenix_Sky_09

Love has different forms. Sometimes, we tend to see it as a very different one from the real form. And someti... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Back on the Game
Chapter 2 Party Drunks
Chapter 3 Individual Projects
Chapter 4 Hidden Truth at Home
Chapter 5 Hiding Her Pain
Chapter 6 Her Confidant
Chapter 7 They're Jealous?
Chapter 8 It's Not What It Seems
Chapter 9 Heart Status
Chapter 10 Fight or Fix?
Chapter 11 They Have their Own Secrets
Chapter 12 Failed Mission
Chapter 13 We're Coming Home
Chapter 14 The Trip Home
Chapter 15 First Destination
Chapter 16 She's His Girl Friend
Chapter 17 To Her Home
Chapter 18 At the Diaz Residence
Chapter 19 I'll Prove it to You
Chapter 20 Enjoy While It Lasts?
Chapter 21 The Diaz's Social Status
Chapter 22 Meeting Her Other Bestfriends
Chapter 23 Stories About Her
Chapter 24 Pieces of Advice
Chapter 25 Last Day of Fantasy
Chapter 26 The Ciphered Message
Chapter 27 The Consequences
Chapter 29 Make Her Happy
Chapter 30 Unofficially Yours
Chapter 31 Visiting Her Family
Chapter 32 Surprises
Chapter 33 All is Well
Chapter 34 Unveiled
Author's Note

Chapter 28 When in Paris

2 0 0
By Phoenix_Sky_09

Genie

I went back to my room after dinner. I played with my phone, wanting to message her really, but what should I tell? After much deliberation, I decided to send her a casual message:

'Chaeng, thank you for the food. It tasted great! Also, I'm sorry I didn't checked your email earlier so I didn't know you already left. Take care in there okay, see you'

Instantly, she replied saying it's okay and repeated her instructions to the maknae plus a goodnight. I unknowingly smiled but decided not to reply back anymore. Sighing, I lay down and willed myself to sleep.

Three whole days roll by and I've been so busy. My songs were mixed and Teddy said I don't have to re-record it anymore because the first tapes are excellent already. With the songs selected, I proceeded working with the production team for the MV concepts then to the design team for my outfits. The details coveted much of our time but I'm okay with it because I want everything to be excellent.

The next day, I meet with the dance choreographer for the dance steps. Being the lead dancer is an advantage as I can quickly learn the steps. I inputted a few steps too and we continued learning steps and such. After lunch, Jisoo unnie dropped by and supported me. She was using her phone when she joined as I am preparing for my afternoon schedule.

"The blinks are at it again" she mumbled so I looked at her with furrowed brows.

"I mean this one" she showed her phone screen that displayed a photo of Chaeyoung standing close to a beautiful girl, her arms around her back and resting on her waist. The captioned said, Rosé with her girl. The more I wrinkled my brows. I read through the comments and a lot are commenting on how they look good together. Some commented she is better with Lisa. I shrugged as I took out my phone. No message from her.

"I'll go and practice now unnie, are you staying or going back?" I asked.

"Staying, I have the rest of the day off" she replied.

"Oh, okay, but I'd be here until late, if you'll be bored, just call me if you decide to go home" I told her then jog to my teacher.

Once we got on break, Jisoo unnie gave me a bottled water and some snacks.

"Refill your energy" she smiled.

"Thanks unnie, how was it?" I asked pertaining to our practice. She was watching right?

"Chaeng said you're good" she replied.

"Huh?" I asked.

"She asked me to do a video call and she watched you through my phone" she explained.

"Oh" I reacted as I bite at my sandwich rather roughly.

"But honestly, you are being out of focus. You keep messing and is zoning out. I'm surprised the teacher hasn't scolded you yet" she smirked.

"What? Oh, I was?" I asked as if I'm not aware of what happened there.

"Chaeng explained that is one of her friends in New York. They meet unexpectedly and took photos." she informed me.

"I'm not asking" I took another bite.

"But you're jealous, and I told her that" she informed me again and my eyes widened at her.

"You what? But I'm not jealous! It's normal to see her in such photos whenever she goes abroad already!" I defended myself.

"You are, you aren't like that this morning, you were focused and energized, but earlier, you look like shit dancing" unnie insisted.

I sighed. "I'm not unnie, why did you have to tell her that? If you don't know, she left without me talking properly to her. I even drove her out of my room the night before she left" I sighed again.

"She didn't believe me too, but then she asked me to buy you those as a peace offering" she gestured to the food I'm eating.

"What?" I exclaimed and she nodded grinning.

"Ugh, you're annoying, you go home now unnie, I will stay here until 10pm maybe?" I spoke as I finish my sandwich and drank water.

"Is that so? Then I will wait for you. I'll go and buy you dinner later on" she smiled as she make herself comfortable in the chair.

"Did she ask you to do that too?" I asked.

"Yes, but I'd do it too because I want to show my support as well" she smiled.

"Unnie, you don't have to, I'll have manager Dong-il drive me home later on, go home ahead" I insisted but she refused.

I returned to learning steps then and she did stay cheering me on. She teased me my usual energy is back after eating Chaeng's peace offering but I just shook my head. After we get home, I head straight to my bed since I had dinner already, care off Jisoo unnie. I took my phone and texted Chaeyoung a quick thanks then fall asleep.

Chaeyoung has arrived back from New York, but I was then busy perfecting the dance steps. I also make rounds on the MV sets to help and add my insights and incorporate a few details. She would come and drop by every now and then and we would just make casual conversations then she would leave for her other schedules.

Before I shoot my first MV, since the sets aren't yet all done, it's a good timing for us to attend and shoot our group cf. It went well and I began shooting the MV for my lead song, just as Chaeyoung has to leave for Los Angeles as well. I heard she tried to reschedule it because she wanted to be there during the shooting but her schedule was set so she cannot do anything but to leave, saying sorry in advance. I assured her I understand and that the maknaes will be there anyway.

By the time she returned, I'm done with the first MV. She has requested for clips and pictures, but all I denied, saying it will be a surprise. That was the third week of my preparation and my schedule was cut by my trip to Paris.

I was however surprised when the CEO informed me that I'll be traveling with Chaeyoung. What? She has just arrived and she will leave again? I was informed she is also going on a one-day shoot there. Well, mine is a three-day schedule so I guess she'll be coming home ahead then. No problem since my manager will be coming with me.

"Why'd you come home then if you have another shoot in Paris? You should have just flown from LA to Paris" I commented once we're in the plane to Paris.

"I want to travel with you. And I promised to hold your hand on every flight remember?" she asked as she took my hand, because the pilot has just said that we are taking off.

"Thanks" I smiled at her as I closed my eyes when I felt the plane moving. When will I get used to this?

When we arrived, I'm more surprised to know that I'm rooming with her. I spoke to my manager and I learned that it was Chaeyoung who suggested everything, from coming back home first so she could travel with me, and rooming together. She will also wait for me so we could head home together. My manager asked if I would want to have my own room but I shook my head and thanked him before I went back.

When I get back, I sat on the bed I chose upon entering, and stared at her who is using her phone in her own bed.

"What are you planning?" I asked amused at how she manage to trap me with her.

"Nothing, just wanna spend time with you, I missed you" she smiled as she set aside her phone.

"Oh, but I was told I have to head down in thirty minutes to go and meet up with the CEO of Cartier" I informed her.

"That would be fine, my schedule is tomorrow, can we have dinner together?" she asked.

"No friend in here to have dinner with?" I asked and she laughed.

"Jisoo unnie could be right" she mumbled.

"She's wrong, I'll text you once we're done with the meeting" I waved and began preparing. I left after a short bye.

The meeting went well. The CEO was very amiable and friendly. We quickly agreed with our own terms and conditions. She gave me a tour of their most valued accessories, many of which I'll be using for the shoots tomorrow. It was about dinner time when we're done so I called Chaeyoung.

"Unnie, is the invitation still up?" I asked since my manager is just in front driving the car. She replied affirming so I said we are picking her up at the hotel before heading to wherever she want to treat me.

Thankfully, our managers took the fourth table from us, far enough to give us privacy, but near enough to watch for our safety.

"It's my first time here though, so I know nothing of their food, I'd be thankful if you'll order for me" I smiled at her. She nodded and placed our orders.

"So, how's your meeting?" she asked.

"Excellent, we'll be shooting for the whole day tomorrow though. How about you?" I asked.

"Same, so I guess, we'll just be meeting at the room afterwards" she replied.

"After tomorrow, I'll have another photo shoot in the morning, you will wait for me?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yep, the CEO knows about it"

"More like you asked him to arrange it" I commented and she grinned.

"I did"

"Is it okay to tour a little later on? I hope they won't mind?" I pertain to our managers.

"They won't, and I already told my manager" she replied.

"Oh, do they have to come and tag along" I asked.

"You want it to be a real date?" she teased and my face turned serious.

"Oh, I'm just joking, I'm sorry" she apologized. Instead, I gestured for my manager to come and have him took our photo. Chaeyoung was surprised but smiled for the camera nevertheless.

It's the Eiffel tower which I am dying to see so it's the first place I demanded they take me. They mocked me, actually all of them are funny to be with, since it's only me who set foot in there for the first time. I took photos, and I asked unnie to take my photos then our managers took ours, with the Eiffel tower as our background.

After I saw the tower, I lost excitement in seeing the other spots already, so I asked them to go on a souvenir shop instead. I picked gifts for the girls, then for my family. I could send it to them through a courier.

When we got back to our hotel room, I immediately fall asleep out of exhaustion. You can already guess who removed my shoes, changed my clothes and tucked me under the covers.

We ordered breakfast in our room since the fans had learned where we are staying and is beginning to crowd outside even if it's still early.

"Sometimes, those crowded places are suffocating me" I commented when I can see from the window the crowd. A good thing that staffs from the company I'm going are coming to escort me there.

"You should get use to it now, and don't forget to smile and wave" she chuckled.

"I don't have to be forced to do that, they are so adorable, although they could be demanding sometimes" I laughed as I went down to sit beside her and open up messenger.

'Gen-Chae staying in the same hotel' the news read. It includes shots of us entering the hotel back last night. Wow, FBIs are real. Comments are wondering if we are also sharing the same room. Wow, how to spell privacy again?

"And very nosy" I added as I threw my phone beside me. She laughed. Obviously, she has already seen it too.

"Can I post our pictures last night once we got back?" she asked.

"Ask the CEO maybe" I replied half serious.

"He won't mind" she shook her head.

Since he spoke to us about doing a fan-service, he hasn't really reprimanded us from being all close and so Chaeyoung is right. He might even be happy about it since the fans will obviously go crazy again and it would give us more popularity especially that my solo is just around the corner.

"Then go for it, just remind me to add it to my story so the fans won't attack me" I told her half serious again. She shook her head again.

When I returned that night, she is already there, sleeping. Of course she's an ace at modelling already. She probably just did one take shots, while I took extra shots for good measures. Not to add that their staffs are so funny we keep doing second shots because they would tease me. I fixed the covers above her and tucked myself properly after I got changed.

When I woke up, I was wondering where she had gone early. I prepared to go out and tried to wait for her before leaving but she didn't come back.

I went to grab a quick breakfast with my manager then we made our way to the company again. It's not much shooting, just a few for me to use or share on my SNS accounts. When done, I'm surprised to be handed gifts from the CEO. Three jewelry boxes to be exact and a bouquet of flowers. I thanked him then we bade our goodbyes, thanking me back for giving them the opportunity to work with me.

Back at the rented car, I took photos of the gifts and shared it on my IG story thanking and tagging the CEO. My manager asked if where do I wanna go since I still have a plenty of time before our flight back to Seoul at 6pm. I told him to just bring me on a spot he thinks I would love so he laughed at me but drove off.

During the ride however, I received a call from Jisoo unnie.

"Yow Genie-yah, I thought you're with Chaeyoung, how come she had breakfast with someone else?" she asked.

"Huh? She did? I didn't know, she left even before I woke up" I replied, disheartened by the idea.

"Check IG, some fans managed to snap photos" she suggested.

"Oh, so what then, she has the right to have breakfast with anyone unnie" I replied trying to sound neutral.

"Really? You're okay with it? Because the last time I checked..." she began to tease me but I stopped her.

"I, AM, OKAY, WITH IT UNNIE" I stressed every word but she laughed.

"If you say so, but don't forget my gift" she laughed then hung up.

I did check my SNS account and saw the photo unnie is referring to. It looks like a friendly date though, so it's okay. The thing is, she didn't even wake me up nor tell me in advance. I won't deny I expected to eat breakfast with her again. I sighed and manager looked at me from the rearview mirror.

He took me to The Louvre. I took a look at some displays but with its enormousity, it is impossible to everything. I chance to look outside and saw a beautiful park. My manager informed me it is the Jardin des Tuileries. Without second thoughts, I asked him to led me out there. I was amazed at the surroundings, momentarily forgetting I'm upset. I roam around, my manager following me at a distance. My camera was at work again. I'm thankful I actually brought it with me when I left the hotel.

I was aiming to take a good shot of a particular spot when a person suddenly invaded it. As a result, she was added in the photo. I groaned but my eyes widened when I stared at the photo, the intruder is damn familiar! I put down my camera and stared at the person directly. Lisa.

I gestured for my manager to come and told him to watch out for possible cameras that would capture us. I pointed at Lisa unnie and he nodded. I then approached her silently. She is so engrossed in taking a closer picture that she didn't notice me.

"Look who I found" I spoke in English smiling. She was startled by my voice and quickly look at me.

"Genie?" she asked as if she's unsure it's me.

"It's me unnie, could we sit somewhere?" I asked looking around for a secluded bench maybe. She nodded as we made our way to somewhere out of much tourists.

"So, I didn't expect to see you here unnie, how have you been?" I asked.

"Physically, I've been well" she replied.

"Hm, seems fate wanted me to meet you after that morning yeah?" I asked as I turned to look at her.

"Genie" she called my name but didn't said anything after.

"You're aware that I'm here with Chae-unnie right?" I asked and she nodded.

"I saw the updates when you two arrived at the airport" she affirmed.

"Yeah, a bad thing she's not with me right now, you two could have meet" I remarked.

"I don't think she want to meet me anymore" she spoke dejectedly.

"Oh? She ain't a heartless person unnie, you know that well. I'm sure she will still speak nicely with you if ever you two will meet again" I assured her.

"Why, I should call her to come? Or no, the FBI fans might see you, how about you come to our hotel?" I suggested but she shook her head.

"No, I guess I should go now Genie" she stood up but I got ahold of her hand and pulled her back gently.

"If you don't wanna see her, I'd like to talk to you then" I spoke seriously.

"About what Genie?" she asked.

"Do you still love her?" I asked her. If I'm going to make a final decision, I think I don't have the heart to step on someone else's feelings.

"I think it's not mandatory to answer that" she avoided it.

"Do you have any plans to go back and explain yourself to her?" I asked again.

"I don't know" she replied.

"Jeed told me of your conversation back then, why didn't you come back soon?" I asked for the third time.

"Can I go?" she asked and stood up.

"She warned you alright Lisa? I hope you won't hate me then" I spoke and she turned to me.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I heard from the unnies they are planning a reunion on August 8. I'd give you that last chance. Please show up and talk between yourselves" I spoke not answering her question.

"I'm not sure if I can come. I haven't heard about it as well" she answered.

"That's because you literally cut communications with everyone back there. We can't reach you. But I think either Jisoo or Jennie will contact you through IG. Do respond to them" I stood up as well.

Just then my phone rang. I check it and saw it was Chaeyoung. I asked her for a second then answered her call, putting it on speaker.

"Unnie?" I greeted.

"Baby, where are you?" she asked.

"At the ****" I replied looking at Lisa.

"Yes I know that, your manager has told me so I came here, but where exactly in this wide place?" she asked and Lisa's eyes widened. If I didn't grab her hand, she must have run away already.

"Oh, your date with your friend is over? I'm actually with someone right now, can you just roam around for a while then I'd meet you after we're done?" I asked.

"Date? Oh, I'm sorry I didn't inform you ahead. I didn't want to wake you up so I just left" she apologized.

"It's okay I guess, though I briefly wondered if you decided to leave home early yet didn't leave me any note or a single text" I sarcastically spoke.

"I'm really sorry, who are you with?" she asked and Lisa clasped her hands telling me not to tell her.

"Oh, since you went out with a friend, I decided to meet a friend too and go out" I made up. Lisa looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Who?" she insisted.

"Oh, someone gorgeous with bangs, moles and a camera at hand" I described and Lisa looked at me terrified.

"Genie, can I just come please, are you sure you're safe with her. It's your first time here, how could you really have a friend here?" she tried to act concern but the jealousy in her voice is unmistakable.

"No, and I'm very sure I'm safe with this person" I refused.

She sighed heavily. "Okay, text me okay?" she finally relented and I confirmed.

After I cut the call, I turned to her who's wrist is still held by me.

"Now you heard her voice too. Wanna know something? She heard your voice too, that time when you called me for the last time" I informed her and she gulped.

"She's just around, you don't wanna talk to her now? Or just see her?" I asked but she didn't react.

"Okay, but I'll tell the unnies to expect you on your reunion. Just come on the 7th, they will come to your place to inform you of the venue" I meant to say goodbye then but she finally spoke.

"You two... Are you... Did you..." she stammered.

"Are we in a relationship? If we are, I shouldn't have told you all those earlier" I interjected. She sighed in relief.

"But as long as you prolong not explaining yourself to her, your chances are also getting slim" I added and her shoulders sagged.

"So, either you or her has fallen for the other?" she asked.

"I'd copy your answer. I think I have the right not to answer that too" I smiled as I extended my hand.

"I'd hug you but you might not want it, nice meeting you again Lisa unnie" I bade my goodbye.

However, she volunteered to hug me herself. "Please don't tell her we meet" she requested.

"I won't if you promise to show up for your reunion" I made an offer. She sighed heavily but finally agreed. With that, I smiled and we parted.

"There you are" Chaeyoung's voice made me turn around. My eyes widened and looked to where Lisa departed. She is nowhere to be seen now but I wonder if she has seen her. If she had, she isn't giving any indication.

"Your bestfriend radar is so strong" I teased and she smiled bitterly. Must be, whatnot, she has her two bestfriends together in the spot a while ago!

"Where's your friend?" she asked.

"Just left that way" I pointed as I winked to my manager. He nodded understanding what I mean.

"Look Genie, I'm really sorry for leaving without a note or a text as you said" she apologized again.

"Yeah, it's just funny that I learned about it from the fans" I laughed bitterly.

"I actually waited for you thinking you just went somewhere for a while. I thought we were having breakfast together, but manager is not a bad company at all" I added.

"Let me explain. They may have been captioning it with whatever words again, but she is just a friend, I..." she began to defend her side but I raised my arm to stop her.

"You don't have to explain to me unnie. I'm just your bestfriend, so I understand" I gave her a forced smile.

"Genie, let me make it up to you. We still had a few hours, want to hop around my favorite spots here?" she asked and I nodded.

Soon, we got into the car I used. Her manager also hopped in with us, leaving their car to be picked up later on. We literally hopped on several spots, much the same as we did at Manila. I managed to spend time with her casually as we used to be when we are simply bestfriends. The presence of our managers helped a lot so I'm really thankful.

When we returned to the hotel, we quickly packed our things and rushed to the airport. The usual crowd was waiting for us again. We had used two cars since we have our own luggage. I'll always be grateful of the security that makes sure we passed through safe and sound.

I purposely fall asleep during the plane ride. I pretended to sleep by closing my eyes while waiting for sleep to take over my confused mind. It is clear that Lisa still loves Chae-unnie. In that case, I should be the one to retreat. Chaeyoung doesn't have to choose between us. I decided to put everything on hold. I'll wait for their reunion and will finally decide after that. I just hope Lisa will keep her word and really come. And I also hope that when she did come, she will have the courage to talk to Chaeyoung, and also, that Chaeng will listen to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.6K 2.1K 31
Chaelisa + Jenlisa and Jensoo (Extremely cringe and clichΓ©...you've been warned!) "I was captivated by this overwhelming sensation" "Is this jealousy...
139K 2.5K 48
Jennie and Lisa have been dating for three years, they met in a House Party from one of their mutual friend. They are so in love to each other and is...
141K 5.4K 25
For a multi-millionaire contemporary artist like Jennie, her long-time girlfriend and pianist prodigy, Park Chaeyoung, is art beyond its form. A typi...
76.2K 2.1K 22
Jennie lost her mom at 10 years old. Living with her aunt who is just greedy for the monthly insurance money. Her aunty got two kids, Kai the elder b...