Straying From The Game

By Phoenix_Sky_09

Love has different forms. Sometimes, we tend to see it as a very different one from the real form. And someti... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Back on the Game
Chapter 2 Party Drunks
Chapter 3 Individual Projects
Chapter 4 Hidden Truth at Home
Chapter 5 Hiding Her Pain
Chapter 6 Her Confidant
Chapter 7 They're Jealous?
Chapter 8 It's Not What It Seems
Chapter 9 Heart Status
Chapter 10 Fight or Fix?
Chapter 11 They Have their Own Secrets
Chapter 12 Failed Mission
Chapter 13 We're Coming Home
Chapter 14 The Trip Home
Chapter 15 First Destination
Chapter 16 She's His Girl Friend
Chapter 17 To Her Home
Chapter 18 At the Diaz Residence
Chapter 19 I'll Prove it to You
Chapter 20 Enjoy While It Lasts?
Chapter 21 The Diaz's Social Status
Chapter 23 Stories About Her
Chapter 24 Pieces of Advice
Chapter 25 Last Day of Fantasy
Chapter 26 The Ciphered Message
Chapter 27 The Consequences
Chapter 28 When in Paris
Chapter 29 Make Her Happy
Chapter 30 Unofficially Yours
Chapter 31 Visiting Her Family
Chapter 32 Surprises
Chapter 33 All is Well
Chapter 34 Unveiled
Author's Note

Chapter 22 Meeting Her Other Bestfriends

1 0 0
By Phoenix_Sky_09

Genie

Chaeyoung asked if we could go back to the orchard to jog and take pictures as well so I agreed. We arrived back home from jogging at past 6am and it turns out to be a busy day. We excused ourselves to shower first and I'm lucky no one is using the shower below so I took over it.

I was done dressing when Chaeyoung finished from the shower. In respect, I stayed in my room to let her change deciding on what to do for the day. I may have to drag her along with me, or if she want, she can go and explore the town more, but then, I would need someone to accompany her. I can't possibly let her go alone. What should I do? Who can accompany her?

"What are you thinking baby?" she spoke from the doorway.

"You're done? Uhm, today's schedule" I replied turning to her. She walked towards me and placed her arms on my neck.

"We will be busy today? Then I'd like my daily kiss now" she puckered her lips but I laughed at her.

"Since when did you start asking for a daily kiss?" I asked.

"Since yesterday. Baby, I'd be fine with a peck" and she did. "Thanks" she smiled before pulling away.

I felt mixed emotions for her because of what she's doing. I feel like I'm being drawn closer to her because of her sweet and kind actions. On the other hand, I felt pity for her because I literally rejected her when she admitted her budding feelings for me. But my head's a mess right now.

She's serious in proving to me she's moved on already and I'm losing control. I caved in with Jisoo unnie's idea of a trial relationship but I haven't exactly told my partner. Do I have to? But the fact that our intimate actions are quickly escalating is scary. Gosh we even made out! How did I let that happen? I feel like I have disrespected my bestfriend and took advantage! Her kissing me in the lips didn't help at all.

"Genie, those series of reactions are scaring me. What are you thinking about?" she asked.

"Huh? Uh, nothing, we should head back down so I can decide on what to do. I need to talk to them" I evaded the question.

"Are you sure?" I nodder. "I love you" she uttered as if she is reminding me that she do.

I smiled at her as I took her hand, "I love you too, I hope you know that" I replied and we walk out. I know it's unfair because she probably mean it differently for me, but I have atleast three to four days before I will sit down and think really hard. After my experiment maybe if I'll follow through what I've started.

"So, what are the plans for today?" I asked joining them on breakfast.

"The morning would be for grocery shopping, preparing the reception, gathering the needed furnitures and picking up one of your bestfriend" mom replied.

"Okay, I think one of you will be free then. Unnie, would you like to tour the rest of town while we're busy? I guess Leigh could drive you around?" I asked her.

"What? No, I wanna help too, what are you gonna do? I'll tag along with you" she replied.

"You're here for a break unnie, come on, you can take my niece with you" I tried to persuade her but she shook her head.

"Please let me come with you" she nearly begged. I sighed.

"Okay fine, I'm guessing Ryle will pick JJ, Ma will take care of the reception, dad will lead the furniture hoarding while you two ensure everything is brought in. Probably show them where to place it for accessibility as well?" I asked.

"So you'll go grocery shopping? You'll need another hand" mom suggested.

"I'll go with her ma" Chaeyoung raised her hand.

"And you need a driver. You're lucky you weren't caught last time when you drive without license" my sister chimed in. I laughed mocking her.

"I have a driver's license Leigh" I informed her.

"Oh? But still, let me come with you two, who knows you'll need a body guard" she volunteered.

"Um, sure, you'll drive then" I grinned.

"I know" she pouted.

After breakfast, we went our separate ways. As agreed, Leigh drove the van for us. Ryle will took the other car since he is fetching just one friend. The establishment whom we hired the furnitures has their own truck to deliver so they won't have a problem. Bro will just drive the other girls to the resort before he left for the summer capital.

We quickly finished grocery shopping and we brought the items to the van. It's a good thing no one has yet recognized us, despite us discarding our wigs since it is very hot in town.

"I think you forgot something" Chaeng remarked once we loaded the last box in the car.

"That is?" I asked.

"How about the decorations?" she asked.

"Oh? Yeah yeah, I was thinking about that yesterday but forgot it. Why, thanks unnie. Let's go to the department store then" Leigh lead the way since she is now familiar here. It is actually nice that she insisted to come with us. We would have been having a hard time looking for directions.

Chaeyoung's artistic mode was switched on and began picking and filling the cart with items.

"Yo yo yo, Roseanne, what do you think you're doing? Where'd you going to use all that?" I asked.

"I have an idea Genie, it will be great" she beamed.

"Yeah? But you already helped shopping, you won't be working in there as well" I argued.

"But I want to, just please let me" she clasped her hand.

"No, it would be too much, I don't want to take advantage" I shook my head.

"Baby you're not, I'm willing, pretty please" she pouted and pleaded.

I sighed. "Fine, go on, I shouldn't have tried to stop you even" I grumbled and she smiled victoriously.

"You two are so cute" my sister who I realized was watching the whole exchange commented. Since we've been arguing in English, she has understood everything.

"Of course I am" I rolled my eyes while Chaeyoung just shook her head and continued filling the cart with whatever decorations she wanted.

I went to look for balloons and when I returned, I'm shocked to see the cart now overflowing. I looked at Leigh who stayed behind her but she just shrugged and gestured to let her be.

I sighed as I approached them. "Okay okay, unnie, that's enough, come-on, it's time to pay" I caught her hand and dragged her to the counter.

When our turn came, I am taking out my card when she quickly passed hers to the cashier. I glared at her but it was already swiped. I looked at the price. That's a little big amount.

"I am supposed to pay for it. It's for my niece!" I argued.

"What to do? It's already paid" she smiled as she took back her card and said a polite thank you.

After the items were packed, we brought it to the van again. Leigh complained she is hungry. Chaeyoung whispered something to her and soon we're moving again.

"Where are we going? What did you tell her?" I asked my bestfriend who is swinging our hands together.

"To look for food" she replied happily.

I pulled her back when we stopped in front of a famous restaurant. "I'm warning you not to take out your card later on again" I spoke sternly.

"But I'm the one who told your sister to bring us here, so my treat" she refuted.

"Roseanne, I don't want you to spend money on us, I also have my allowance" I argued.

"Just this once baby, for the last time, okay" she gave me the puppy eyes.

"Are you guys coming or what?" Leigh called us.

"You are hard to argue with" I shook my head as we followed my sister.

"Since when did you became a baby?" my sister teased me once we're waiting for our food.

"Since 25 years ago" I rolled my eyes and Leigh pouted dejectedly.

"I wonder how you're putting up with your baby unnie, she's too annoying and sarcastic" she addressed my bestfriend.

"I just love her as she is, then everything follows through" she replied and I can hear the genuineness of her answer.

I turned to her and looked at her amused. I could get used to hearing such sweet words alright! I smiled then looked back at my sister sticking my tongue out at her.

"That's so sweet unnie, but sis, you're gross" Leigh addressed us.

After eating, Chaeyoung did pay for the food. When Leigh saw my reaction, she teased that if I want to use my money, I should buy her some clothes. I rolled my eyes at her and refused however, Chaeyoung whispered something to her again. We left the place and arrived at the mall.

"Why are we here? We should probably head back home so we can see what else we can do to help" I refused.

"I'd like to shop for gifts for the girls Genie, can we?" she asked.

"As if I can refute, we are already here anyway" I mumbled.

I was surprised when she let go of my hand and grabbed Leigh's, dragging her to a store.

Okay, so what should I gonna do now? I should probably shop gifts as well? And I did. I also look for something to give to my bestfriend as a gift but it's really hard to find a gift for someone who can afford all the material things. I tried looking for jewelries but for someone who is the global ambassador for some of the most expensive and luxurious jewelry brands, it seems downgrading. Clothings are not a choice. She has a ton of it. I ended up picking nothing for her but all for the unnies and the maknaes. When we first went to tour, I had bought a few for her family as well.

Once I'm tired of walking around and saw that it's nearly lunch time, I tried looking for them but cannot find them so I texted them both that I'd wait for them at the car and that they must come now for we have to head home as soon as possible.

I looked at them suspiciously when they joined me with a lot of bags at hand. I glared at my sister but she avoided my gaze and went behind the wheels, dropping the bags she is carrying at the passenger side. Chaeyoung climb up the middle seat beside me and placed the bags she is also carrying at the back. I already know what she did so I decided to just keep silent. There's no point in arguing when she already did it.

She leaned into me trying to get my attention but I kept my gaze outside the window. She buried her face at the crook of my neck and I just let her.

"Sis, what do they say? Is bro back? Did the others arrived yet? Are they done with their tasks?" Leigh asked simultaneously.

"Let's get home to know any answer" I replied monotonously.

"Ugh, I shouldn't have asked" she mumbled but I didn't mind her anymore.

"I miss you" Chaeyoung suddenly whispered making me smile but I didn't still give her any attention.

"You're crazy sis" Leigh commented. When I turned at the rearview mirror, she is looking at me.

"Stop talking Leigh, just focus on driving!" I exclaimed.

"Ugh, you're so moody. Unnie, please calm your baby, pretty please" Leigh addressed my bestfriend.

She turned her face to look at her. "She won't even look at me Leigh, how can I?" she asked pouting.

"Oh, tickle her?" she suggested.

I waited for her next move. If there's one thing I really hate, it is being tickled. I'd kick anyone who'll tickle me continuously.

"Nah, we can't afford to anger her more, I guess the best we could do now is to get home quick" she replied.

Good, because I think I'm too tired to kick anyone right now. Chaeyoung resorted to drawing patterns in my arm smoothly. It tickles a little, but at the same time soothing. By the time we arrived home, my annoyance had disappeared.

No one is home so we ourselves unloaded and carried in the grocery items. When done, we went for a last trip and picked up our shopping bags. I wasn't surprised anymore when Leigh took the ones she put in the passenger seat.

"Baby, are you mad?" Chaeyoung asked me once we're inside our room. I wanna change into a more comfortable clothes so does she, before we head to the resort.

"Do I have a reason to be?" I asked as I opened my wardrobe to pick out clothes.

"I don't know, maybe?" she asked following me.

"Why do you think so?" I asked as I stared at my wardrobe. I took a white jersey shirt and is looking for it's soon to be pair.

"This will go well with that" she picked out something and gave it to me. I nodded in agreement. In terms of fashion, I'm sure I can rely on her.

"Thanks, I'm not mad Chaeng" I turned to my side and escaped her.

I began to strip and change as she sat down on my bed, actually watching me so I felt a little awkward.

"Then why have you ignored me at the car?" she pouted.

"Because I want to" I replied.

"Huh? That hurts, you can't just ignore me if you want, atleast tell me before hand that you'll going to ignore me" she sounded serious.

"Is it because I abandoned you?" she asked. I turned to her frustrated.

"Rosie I'm not mad, I thought you're going to change as well? Why are you just watching me?" I asked.

"Nice view" she smirked then she stood up leaving me in my space.

"Pervert!" I yelled after her but she just laughed.

I had just finished rearranging my hair when she reappeared only in jeans and a bra, holding two upper clothes.

"Should I wear this or this?" she asked. I looked at her suspiciously and she is sporting a smirk. I know it. Since when did a Rosé ask for fashion advice?

"Wear anything, my sister's already waiting" I ignored her who pouted in response.

She put on the one on her left then quickly retouched her make up. While doing so, my phone rang.

"Hey!" I greeted.

"Genie, we've arrived. Where are you?" JJ asked in our dialect excited.

"Really? We're about to go there, did ma take you to your designated cabin already?" I asked in English.

"Wow English? Game, yes she did, and I've just done changing. Your brother pointed to me where you'll be preparing so I'll head there after our call" she replied and I laughed.

"Yeah, because your English speaking skill is about to be tested. I'm coming with someone, whom you can only possibly communicate with through English unless you know how to speak Korean" I informed her as I glanced at Chaeyoung. She raised an eyebrow at me and I gestured her we should leave.

"Oh, I'll try my best, but who?" she asked.

"Surprise, I have to go, see you there, we're on our way" I hang up after our temporary bye then we rushed down the stairs.

My sister is already in the van so we clambered in. "What took you long? Did you fight?" Leigh asked.

"No, let's go, JJ has arrived" I smiled excited to meet again my youngest bestfriend.

There is a mini gym located at the resort, with a stage in front. It is designed for rent usually for parties like my niece's birthday or whatever celebrations. This time, we will be utilizing it. The boys came to unload the decorations when we arrived while I almost run to look for JJ. When I spotted her, I did run and jump up hugging her.

"Look at you now tall and beautiful" I greeted her with a compliment.

"Genie! It's really you! Whoahh, you're more beautiful but thanks" she grinned.

"Of course it's me. How's your trip?" I asked.

"Noisy, Ryle never changed from being a good entertainer. And I've held his daughter, she's so adorable"

"I know right, and she is" I nodded.

"So, who are you with? You said my English skills will be put to good use?" she asked.

"Oh right" I turned around to look for Chaeyoung.  There I saw her already starting with the decorations with my sisters. I can see she is explaining her idea to them and is telling them the details.

"Ahh, there she goes" I pointed to her and JJ gasp when she recognized my bestfriend.

"Rosé? She came here with you?" she asked and I nodded.

"Whoahh, whoah, is it really her? Why, even from afar she's gorgeous" she complimented. I just smiled.

"Come on, it's time you meet another bestfriend of mine" I offered my hand and we approached them.

As I observed, she is busy instructing them what to do. I shook my head but smiled at her dedication. When she noticed us, she stopped talking as if she was caught doing something prohibited.

"Chae-unnie, busy?" I asked the obvious. She smiled when she saw who's with me. She probably guessed it's the bestfriend who called earlier.

"I can give you time, girls, you may begin with the first idea, you got it?" she asked them who nodded then she approached us.

"JJ, this is Rosé, unnie, this is JJ, my youngest bestfriend" I introduced them. JJ offered a hand after they greeted each other but Chaeng opened her arms.

"Wanna hug?" she asked. I nodded to JJ who shyly stepped into her arms and the older woman hugged her warmly.

"It's great to meet another of her bestfriends" Chaeyoung commented.

"Wow, I can't speak. I can't believe I'm really talking to you now, unnie? Can I call you unnie as well?" JJ asked.

"Of course, I'm glad to meet you" unnie replied.

"I'm honored, but it seems you're busy, can I help?" JJ offered.

Chaeng looked at me as if asking me to answer for her. I nodded. "Did you had lunch?" I asked.

"Yeah, we did as soon as we arrived, with your family actually" she nodded.

"Oh, great, since I know my bestfriends are hard headed, and won't probably listen if I sent them away from here to go and enjoy instead, let's all deal with this stuff" I dramatically opened my arms, gesturing to the decorations unnie has bought.

"I think you suit to blow the balloons" Chaeyoung teased me and I pouted.

"The boys would do that" I excused myself as I called them to do it.

We all fall in sync, working on the decorations at the stage, with Chaeyoung leading the pack. JJ was talking with me casually, in our dialect, catching up. Leigh and my sister in law did a good job to engage my unnie in a talk as well. My parents are busy with arranging the tables and chairs on the ground while my brother worked on blowing the balloons. My niece is with her maternal grandmother, who has arrived earlier accordingly, at her cabin.

By 3pm, mom stopped us all from working and presented a native delicacy as a snack. Since we had an early lunch, the three of us who went shopping literally ate a lot from it. Chaeyoung complimented the food and jokingly asked Mom for a recipe book.

The other main visitors arrived later on simultaneously starting from my grandparents and cousin, then J-A, one of my bestfriend's, then CK also one of my bestfriend. Chaeyoung and JJ has told me to go and greet them while they finish with the stage. I myself accompanied each to their designated cabin then left them to change, instructing them to either rest or come back to the mini gym later on. I took extra time chatting with my grandparents before I left them since they will be resting for a while.

When I returned on the venue being prepared, the stage was beautifully decorated already, all done, and they had moved to clothing the tables and chairs. Balloons and flowers were being distributed all around. I can see Chaeyoung as the proprietor of everything and I smiled. My camera has been on work since we began the decoration, but it would always find its way to its favorite subject recently, my bestfriend.

I saw J-A and CK walking in together so I meet them. They admired the current decoration before they asked me about the someone I want them to meet. Chaeyoung is currently free while supervising the boys putting on the balloons so I caught her attention.

"Chae-unnie!" I yelled and she turned to me. When she saw I'm with someone again, she moved to approach us.

"Hi" she greeted with a warm smile.

"Girls, this is Rosé, unnie, these are J-A and CK, my two other bestfriends" I introduced.

"Oh, nice names" she shook their extended hands and I expected her to hug them like she did to JJ, but she didn't. Probably because they have this business person aura. Her comment also made me realize how coincidentally it is that one of my friends is named Challice, CK, almost sounding the same as Chaelisa.

"This is an amazing surprise! No one would ever guess that the famous Rosé is currently in the Philippines!" CK exclaimed.

"True, you two did a good job at sneaking away" J-A added.

"You're still surprised? Why, your bestfriend here is a Ninja!" I boasted.

"Yeah, a boastful ninja" unnie commented and the others chuckled.

"I should leave you guys so you can catch up, I have to go back there" she motioned to the girls waiting for her next instruction.

"Whoah, she's hot" CK commented once she's out of earshot. I however choose to ignore it as I invited them to sit on one of the tables and catch up. We honestly hadn't conversations for a long time already so there's a lot I don't know about them.

By 7pm, the two practically told me their life story, as my family and my two other bestfriends has finished decorating the whole venue. I saw Chaeyoung and JJ walking towards us and I'm glad they clicked together already.

"Genie, ma said it's time for dinner. All of us should be at the restaurant" Chaeyoung placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Good thing because I'm starving. We should go" I invited the others and the five of us walk together to the said location. We had closed the resort today and tomorrow for the party, but mainly to protect our privacy.

When we arrived, everyone else is already there, seated on different tables. Leigh gestured me to take the table by the window where it could cater to six people. I lead my friend there and the waiters started serving us our food. We maintained a casual conversation during dinner until dessert was devoured.

I bade goodbye to my friends then the whole family went home, either to rest or start cooking now. Probably it would be mom who will start cooking the special delicacies this night already.

When we got home, as I expected, she just asked us to wake up rather very early if we wanna help with the preparations.

"Your friends are nice, and JJ is extremely polite" Chaeyoung commented once we're on bed, ready to sleep.

"Yeah she is, and is also an emotional person. J-A is like an older sister figure for me, while CK has been my troublesome brother-like in SHS to my first year in college" I laughed.

"Hm, who's your favorite among your bestfriends?" she asked.

"Probably you" I replied sincerely and she fall silent, for what reason, I have no way to know.

"I'm honored" she finally spoke.

"You copied JJ" I laughed.

"She's good with words as well" she chuckled.

"You appreciate her a lot" I noticed.

"Because she was yet the one whom I'd spent a good amount of time yet" she chuckled.

"Right, maybe tomorrow, you could talk more with the other two" I turned to my side to face her.

"Are the other details already taken care of? How about her cake? The drinks? And the sound system?" she asked and I laughed.

"All taken care of by the others. Chaeng, thanks for leading the decoration. The output is very beautiful" I thanked her.

"No problem, I'm glad to help" she smiled.

"I know, you're probably tired now after those hassle, let's get to sleep shall we?" I suggested.

"We should, I wanna help with the cooking tomorrow as well" she nodded.

"You don't have to" I refused.

"I want to, so I expect you to wake me up once you're also up"

"Okay, I will, goodnight Chaeng"

"Goodnight Genie, I love you"

"Hmm, I love you too" I replied as I snuggled closer to her arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.2K 1.3K 40
50% true life events, 50% imagination Two brokenhearted strangers unexpectedly meet in a foreign country. Beautiful friendship blossomed and turned i...
502K 15K 56
When Chaeyoung starts to realize her feelings for her best friend Lisa, what will become of their friendship? What will become of their girl group Bl...
53.1K 2.4K 23
In a world where soulmates were marked with the same tattoo, you'd think that it would be easier to find the one. But life's a bitch. And love, its b...
1.1M 30.6K 68
"I'm afraid that telling you this will ruin our friendship, but I can't help myself any longer. I can't hide these feelings any longer. I'm madly in...