Straying From The Game

By Phoenix_Sky_09

Love has different forms. Sometimes, we tend to see it as a very different one from the real form. And someti... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Back on the Game
Chapter 2 Party Drunks
Chapter 3 Individual Projects
Chapter 4 Hidden Truth at Home
Chapter 5 Hiding Her Pain
Chapter 6 Her Confidant
Chapter 7 They're Jealous?
Chapter 8 It's Not What It Seems
Chapter 9 Heart Status
Chapter 10 Fight or Fix?
Chapter 11 They Have their Own Secrets
Chapter 12 Failed Mission
Chapter 13 We're Coming Home
Chapter 15 First Destination
Chapter 16 She's His Girl Friend
Chapter 17 To Her Home
Chapter 18 At the Diaz Residence
Chapter 19 I'll Prove it to You
Chapter 20 Enjoy While It Lasts?
Chapter 21 The Diaz's Social Status
Chapter 22 Meeting Her Other Bestfriends
Chapter 23 Stories About Her
Chapter 24 Pieces of Advice
Chapter 25 Last Day of Fantasy
Chapter 26 The Ciphered Message
Chapter 27 The Consequences
Chapter 28 When in Paris
Chapter 29 Make Her Happy
Chapter 30 Unofficially Yours
Chapter 31 Visiting Her Family
Chapter 32 Surprises
Chapter 33 All is Well
Chapter 34 Unveiled
Author's Note

Chapter 14 The Trip Home

1 0 0
By Phoenix_Sky_09

Chaeyoung

After Genie and Blythe left, the excitement I was feeling in going to the Philippines with Genie came back like last night and I suddenly felt wide awake. I did help Jeed cook then we had our breakfast then we cleaned the kitchen.

She excused herself to go and pack so I did as well. I checked the email Genie was saying and smiled when I read what's in it. Always the OC yet considerate person. I followed the list and based the clothes I packed on the notes, but I discarded one note. That is not to bring too much of every kind. When I'm done with packing my clothes and my necessities, two suitcases greeted me hello. I think it will be fine. It's not that much really.

It's still 9 am when I'm done though so I decided to go and buy gifts for her family. From the call last night, she has six members, including her sister-in-law and niece. I wanted it to be a surprise so it is better to go shopping without her.

I returned by 11am, a good 15 minutes before Genie returned at the dorm. She just rested for a while at the living room and after another 15 minutes, she and Jeed left.

I don't know what time we will be leaving, or when even. Since it's lunch time, I'm feeling hungry but it would be lonely to eat alone at the dorm so I tried to contact Jennie unnie. I learned that she is currently on her way to meet Jisoo unnie for lunch and they invited me to come over.

"You're saying you are going to spend a week vacation with Genie's family at the Philippines?" Jennie unnie reaffirmed.

"Yup unnie" I nodded as I took another bite. I have already explained the situation and condition to them while we're waiting for our food.

"Ah okay, that's good. You can find out more about her once you're with her family. You can get closer as well" Jennie nodded.

"You're making it sound as if you're spying on her" Jisoo unnie commented.

"No, that's not what I mean. You see, Genie is as secretive as you Jichu. Gosh, she's much more secretive and a private person!" Jennie unnie exclaimed and I agree with her.

"Yeah, I get it, but we should accept that we have to stay beyond the border line that people draw for us from them, as a way to respect their privacy" Jisoo explained.

"Whatever Chu, I only have two notes to tell you Chaeyoungie, first, have fun there, and second, don't forget to bring me a souvenir" Jennie unnie wink and I laughed.

"Same goes here, also, control your jealousy over there and make a good impression on her family" Jisoo unnie smirked but our bestfriend glared at her.

"Sure unnies, I'll look for the perfect souvenir for you two" I replied to their request and ignored the other comments.

After eating our fill, they dragged me to the mall, looking for general gifts for Genie's family from them. After we made it to the counter, I was shocked by the amount of sweets and candies they bought plus a lot of toys for her niece and other things they would land an eye and think it cute or good enough to be called presents.

"Unnie's, you do know that we are travelling by ourselves right? No one will help us carry our baggages so she has specifically told me to pack less" I complained.

"We know, but it won't hurt to add a little gift for the family" Jennie replied.

"But unnie, all these will fill a single suitcase!" I exclaimed. I'm not over reacting, I'm being serious, and they actually bought one suitcase to cram everything in.

"The suitcase has wheels Chaeng, just drag them" Jisoo unnie waved me off as we left the mall. She was a gentlewoman enough and carried most of the items while Jennie and me divided the rest between us.

Jisoo dropped Jennie back at the restaurant first so she can pick her own car. After we said our goodbyes, Jisoo drove me home and even helped me carry their gifts up to the dorm. She even helped me packed it, and I'm not mistaken. We have to cram everything for the items to fit all in the case.

It's 3pm when we're done and Jisoo unnie left me then. I have nothing else to do but I remembered Genie hasn't packed a single item yet. I tried texting her, asking her if I should pack her things but she refused saying she's actually on her way home now and will do it herself.

I looked around my room, trying to see if I have forgotten something but I didn't. Three suitcases are glaring at me and I am already imagining what Genie will say if she'll see it. I managed to cram my gifts for her family members along with my clothes so I lessened my baggage. The unnies made me swear to keep their gift a secret until it's time to give to the family. Oh, they even want me to give it to them secretly. I don't know what they're thinking about.

I went to the living room while waiting for Genie, and killed time by playing games on my phone. Not long after, she arrived.

"Chae-unnie, you done packing?" she called as she entered my room. I quickly joined her and a shocked reaction meet me.

"Yah unnie, I told you to pack less, I would accept two suitcases but three? What have you packed with you, all your PJs?" she asked amused but also dismayed.

"I did pack less, check my wardrobe, it doesn't look as if it's missing some clothes" I defended. Blame that other suitcase filled with the unnies' gifts.

"Fine, but you'll have to drag your own luggage" she threatened as she left my room to go and pack as well. What! I don't even own the third one! I have to ask the unnies for compensation hah!

I followed her to her room and she already has her suit case open on the floor. Clothes are out of their hangers and is piling on her bed as she sort whichever she would take home with her. I began folding it and fixing it at the edge.

"Those will be enough" she muttered as she drop the last clothing on the bed. I looked at the folded clothes and to the remaining ones on the bed. My, everything will fit in a single suitcase! I looked at her bewildered.

"What? Seriously, how did you end up with three suitcases unnie, but fine" she grumbled as she started stuffing the folded clothes in her case. I guessed it right again, everything fit at the suitcase. She zipped it, put in the code then let it stood beside her door.

She grabbed a travelling bag from her closet and left it on the bed as she went back to sort from her wardrobe.

"Unnie, give me a set of your PJs and a set of clothes you'll be comfortable to use in the car" she called while lost in her wardrobe.

"Okay, give me a minute" I just nodded. Wherever will she need it, I already packed a lot of it but I don't feel like arguing this time.

She packed our clothes together in the travelling bag and told me to bring my toiletries. I then went to retrieve it from my crammed suitcase and she added it to her own in the travelling bag. When she was satisfied, she zipped it and placed it on top of her suitcase. Okay, she is really a light traveller.

"What time is it unnie?" she asked.

"A little past four" I replied.

"Good, I'll go shop for gifts, they'd sulk if I'll come home empty handed, you wanna come?" she asked.

I am already tired after going shopping twice and what?, she'll go and buy more gifts! The unnies' presents are more than enough! Bound by my promise however, I just nodded.

It's a good thing we went on a different store this time. She began looking for gifts for every member and I made sure that she'll not pick the same as I have bought. Never mind buying the same as the unnies have. They have bought a lot I cannot determine which have they put in the cart and didn't.

I myself bought additional gifts for them to share, seeing more interesting items. Had we mentioned earlier, but Genie doesn't spend a lot of time shopping. She has a mental note of what to buy and goes straight to looking for it, so this time, it's no different.

We paid for the items which is actually as many as the unnies have bought. I paid for the items I picked, which she fought me against at first but I insisted. Thankfully, she seemed tired to argue with me already and just let me, since we had used two different carts.

We took an Uber to the dorm and quickly packed everything in another suitcase, since it's already past 5pm. When done, we dragged all luggage to the living room, consisting of five suitcases and a travelling bag. She grimaced seeing the baggages.

"Goodness! One of us has to have three hands" she mumbled so I laughed.

"Nah, we can use the cart. That can hold four of those" I appeased her.

"Right, you'll be the one to push it" she  warned, though as if I have a choice already.

"It's 5:30, do you have plans for dinner?" she asked.

"Yeah, I already told them we're going to the pH, but promised I'd be home for dinner. Alice would be here by 6pm to pick me up" I replied.

"Okay then, but I think I would need a quick shower after this day's chaos" she smelled herself. Gosh, I'm more in need of it.

"Me too, "  she chuckled before rushing to grab some clothes.

By 6pm, both of us are ready to leave. She told me to empty the fridge and kitchen of perishable foods and bring it home since no one would be left there for a week and it would just be destroyed. It would be a waste.

She helped me carry the bags down and waited with me for Alice unnie who arrived five minutes late. She brought the bags to the car as well but I was surprised when she took the passenger side of my sister's car. I decided to stay at the back since I want more space.

"Where are you going Genie?" I asked.

"Dinner" she merely replied while my sister snorted and drove away. I thought she just hitched but we are nearing home yet she is still with us.

"Who are you going to have dinner with again?" I asked Genie, disturbing her from the casual conversation she is having with my sister.

"A close friend's family, problem unnie?" she replied and I raised an eyebrow.

Alice stopped the car and I realized we are home. They both jumped out of the car and Genie opened the door for me, pulling out some of the bags. I merely look at her confused.

"Hey Chaeng, don't act surprised. I'm also one of her close friends you know?" Alice reprimanded me and it dawned to me.

She has been talking about us, the Parks, who reserved dinner with her? Wow, I'm really surprised! Alice unnie did it? I didn't know they even have communication.

"Oh, then... Wow, I'm surprised" I commented and she chuckled.

"Yeah, so, are you coming in or you'll stay in the car?" she asked as they left me still surprised in th car. I followed them in and saw my mom tightly hugging Genie then Dad gave her a bear hug.

"We're very happy you finally agreed to come" Mom is evidently happy.

"Yes Mom, Alice unnie did a good job" she smiled.

"Alice? I thought Chaeyoung was tasked to invite you?" my mom asked and I felt being exposed.

"Nah, unnie beat me to it" I chimed in.

"Chaeng, I thought your sis said you're still in the car surprised" Dad laughed as he hugged me followed by Mom.

"Actually, I never heard you inviting me to dinner yesterday" Genie whispered making me embarrassed. I ignored her as I brought the bags to the kitchen.

Since Mom was very excited to have us, she has cooked early so we decided to have an early dinner as well. It's actually favorable since Genie and I are both hungry from all the activities we've been doing after lunch. We have talked about casual things over dinner until we move to the living room.

"So, Genie, when are you leaving for Philippines again?" Dad asked my bestfriend who seemed busy with her phone.

"Dad, I just managed to book us for tonight's 10pm flight" she replied and I let out a strangled cry.

"What? As in tonight, in 2 hours?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, also, we're travelling as normal people, taking economy class. I booked a one way ticket so your fansites wouldn't smell our trip unnie" she addressed me and my eyes widened in horror.

"Why that's exciting! Good job Genie. Let Rosie experience some thrills in her life! I like that!" my sister happily exclaimed.

"You didn't have to pay for my ticket" I protested. I don't care about taking economy class ride but I care about the payment.

"I'd asked for a refund, don't celebrate" she grinned evilly.

"So, you're leaving in thirty minutes, and Alice will drive you to your dorm then to the airport right?" Mom ensured and Genie affirmed.

"Why do I feel like all of you already know our travel plans, but not me?" I accused.

"We were only told you're leaving tonight and Alice here will chauffer you Chaeng" Dad replied and I looked at Genie questioningly.

"She texted me so I volunteered to be your ride" my sister replied for her. I sighed. I know we're ready to fly, but I'm just shocked at how quick everything has been arranged.

Before we left, my parents reminded us the safety protocols, to protect our identity, and keep ourselves safe from possible harms. They told us to take care of each other and sent greetings for the Dee's.

We stopped by our dorm and I dragged my sister to come up with us so she can help wheel our luggage. She begrudgingly obliged then she drove us to the airport. We arrived an hour earlier, but it's an advantage we did because we had gone through series of steps first before we arrived at the boarding gate, just 10 minutes before our flight schedule. The disadvantage of taking the economy class.

Both of us were disguised and are wearing not too fancy clothes. I had wheeled most of the luggage through the cart, until finally they were taken over by the staffs. Finally, we were told to board the plane. Without security guards and our manager to protect us, I feel a little insecure but Genie held my hand and I instantly relaxed.

We sat side by side at the plane and as the four hour plane ride began, I'm afraid my fingers are about to break from Genie's tight grip as the plane took off. Once we're settled in the air, she finally released my hand but immediately laid her head on my arms to sleep. She let me stay by the window but I realized she has found a more comfortable pillow on me. I just smiled and decided to sleep as well.

I was awoken when I felt Genie gripping my hand again. I then realized we are landing. I checked my seatbelt and smiled when I saw it fastened already. Genie have fixed it for me, how sweet.

I wheeled the cart containing four suitcases again while Genie wheeled one and placed the traveling bag on top of it. Once we're out the gate, a tall lad approached us and greeted us with a short Hello and told us in a muffled voice that we are using the van parked directly in front of the gate. Genie gestured to our suit cases and he immediately took three away. I took the last case and we followed him to the said van. He quickly loaded everything at the back then he drove off.

"Whoahh, finally" Genie sighed, removing her mask, shades and wig. I did the same. She eased herself into the seat, removing her shoes even. I looked at her surprised. Who even is this man driving this van?

"Right, bro, this is Chae-unnie. Unnie, this is my only brother, Ryle" I introduced them. Oh, it's her brother! I hadn't recognized her since he too is wearing mask.

"Oh, hello Ryle, I'm sorry I didn't recognize you earlier" I apologized.

"No problem, noona? Can I call you noona as well?" he laughed.

"Yeah sure" I smiled as he is glancing at the rearview mirror.

"Bro, did you have enough sleep?" Genie asked.

"Yess boss, I arrived at the hotel by 3pm and has been sleeping after I ate and again went to grab a bite at 1am before I made my way to the airport" he replied. I'm glad they're speaking in English. At least I can understand them.

"Good, so you can drive safely, but we are both sleepy. Blare in a music so you won't doze off" Genie instructed to which her brother followed by inserting a flash drive on the stereo and Blackpink songs started filling the vehicle. Genie laughed. I just smiled.

"We better sleep unnie, we will travel a good 6 hours to the Summer Capital of this country, Baguio City" she informed me.

"Ow, by the way, have you turned off the location in your IG account? We made a good job of sneaking out of the country unnoticed. We don't want them knowing we're here yet, please?" she requested.

I agreed and turned on my phone, turned off airplane mode, and modified the setting as she suggested. I bet she already did so while we're still in Korea. Since I'm exhausted, I closed my phone again and leaned into the seat to sleep. I was however startled when I felt the back of the seat leaning back, until it flattened leveling to the seat.

"Sorry, but I wanna lay down" Genie apologized. It was her who adjusted the seat as she reached for blankets and gave me one.

"Thanks" I accepted and joined her, covering my lower body with the blanket.

I was surprised however when she scooted closer to me, turning her back towards me.

"You want to continue cuddling?" she mumbled and I glanced in front looking for her brother.

It's a good thing the music was loud enough and he is clueless of what Genie said. He is also focused on driving. I heard Genie laugh weakly as she blindly reached for my left arm and pulled me behind her. Willingly, I cuddled her, locking her towards my body again. Not long after, I succumb to sleep.

When I woke up? Genie was playing with my left hand. I smiled as I nozzled my face on her neck, momentarily forgetting where we are.

"Why do you cuddle me like this? I'm not going anywhere you know?" she chuckled as she drew patterns on my arm.

"What to do? You're so small I can easily squeeze you" I teased but she just laughed.

"Says the one who's tall but thin" she countered making me jokingly growl.

I took in my surroundings and realized daylight has already appeared. From the background, our own songs are playing. Yeah, I didn't expect all our Blackpink songs for six hours, maybe just more than three hours. It made me realize how few we have released for seven whole years. It is currently playing our group's debut song so I guessed the shifting has just started. I wondered what time it is and if where are we even.

"I'm hungry" I mumbled and she laughed out loud making her brother checked us from the mirror. He smiled when he saw our position. Ow, what must he be thinking now?

"Then you should release me now so I can decide on how to solve your problem" she gently tugged on my arm.

"Okay" I mumbled as I set her free. She shifted to a sitting position and I followed suit so she readjusted the seat to it's original state.

"Ryle, where are we?" she asked her brother.

"Still a good two hours from the city, you hungry?" he asked as he turned down the stereo volume.

"Yup, can you look for a drive thru? Or do you wanna dine in?" she turned to me.

I looked at her then at my state. Her brother chuckled so I turned to him and realized he is glancing at the rearview mirror.

"I guess it won't be ideal for ROSÉ and GENIE to walk to the restaurant in those states" he teased.

"Hey, we can fix ourselves!" Genie defended.

"Yeah, but I'm still jet lagged, I'd be okay to eat here" I replied.

"Okay, I just thought you'd be uncomfortable" she shrugged.

"Nah, it's so comfortable in here" I assured her. I then wondered if who owned this van. Maybe her brother? Since he's the one driving? Or they rented it? Well, she can buy as many vans as she can now, probably it's hers.

Her brother pulled up in front of a famous food chain branch and told us to wait. Genie pulled her purse but he waved saying he took cash from her treasury, teasing her. She just rolled her eyes.

"Should we call back at Seoul? The unnies and the maknaes didn't actually know we had left last night" I suggested.

"Mmm, initiate a conference call, that is if they are awake now. It's Sunday so... Seoul is an hour ahead from here" she agreed as the PST showed 6am from her phone.

I did and we were greeted by four groggy faces, just like us and the first thing we did was to laugh at each other for a good few minutes.

"Where are you two though?" Jennie unnie asked.

"In the car unnie" Genie replied sarcastically.

"Yah Genie, we can see that, but where in the country are you?" Jisoo unnie asked.

"Out of the country" Genie replied sarcastically again. The girls groaned.

"Chaeyoung unnie, speak to us, Genie is speaking nonsense" Jeed addressed me.

"I'm not speaking nonsense! I'm answering your questions" Genie defended herself so I laughed.

"We are at the Philippines now girls, we flew by 10pm last night and is on our way to... Baguio City?" I turned to her to confirm it and she nodded.

"Whoah, your ghosting skills are exemplary now Chaeng!" Jisoo unnie mocked me.

"Nah, all she did was tag along and complain with having to drag four suitcases when in fact three was hers" Genie rolled her eyes and the unnies laughed out loud. Of course they knew they owned the third one!

"Oh, you're great since, no one, as in no one has spotted you in any airport, considering too that you have tons of luggage" Blythe teased.

"Of course, I made sure to book our tickets last minute since this international star with me has fansites with the strongest Rosé radar" she replied.

"That's true, I'm glad you were safe on the way, always be alert of your surroundings okay?" Jisoo the mother reminded us.

"Yes Mom!" Genie grinned and the unnie rolled her eyes.

"Uh, we forgot to send presents with you, sorry" Blythe remembered.

"Oh shoot, that's right!" Jeed realized too.

"No problem girls, I took home a copy of every album we released, signed by each of us. That would be more than enough as a present" Genie waved.

"Oh, nice then" they nodded as Genie's brother returned and opened Genie's side of the van door, presenting himself on the camera. He wasn't aware we are doing a video call though.

"Hey, who's that hottie?" Jennie asked.

Ryle was surprised and immediately step back but I called him back in English. It's a good thing we are speaking in Korean when he arrived. Genie laughed.

"Everyone, this is my younger brother, Ryle. Those are Jisoo, Jennie, Blythe, then Jeed" Genie pointed on each girl on my phone's screen. Her brother laughed.

"Oh, I know each of them, hi noonas, except... who's as young as me again?" he asked his sister.

"It's Blythe" Genie replied.

"Oh right, except you, hi" he flashed a warm smile towards them and they all waved at him.

"I think we should go now, this pasta beside me has her stomache growling ever since we started the call" Genie teased me and I pouted.

"Yeah, I can hear it from here" Jisoo unnie quipped and I sighed dramatically.

"Okay girls, take care in there okay? And Ryle, you're handsome!" Jennie called to Genie's brother who just chuckled.

"His daughter is cuter" Jisoo unnie countered and Jennie's mouth hang open. She didn't know this man was married. We laughed at her but she just shrugged. I laughed harder. She bought toys for Genie's niece but didn't ask if who's daughter she is.

"Bye unnie, bye Genie" Jeed and Blythe chorused then the call ended.

"They're so funny" Ryle commented grinning before he closed the door and went back behind the wheels.

"Hm, let's eat first, did you bought your own?" Genie asked.

"I already ate a lot of snacks a while ago, I'm not hungry yet, but yeah, I brought spaghetti for later, just eat as we hit the road" he replied as he turned up the volume of the music again and we pulled out of the parking lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589K 15.5K 21
In which Jennie Kim breaks up with her boyfriend and goes back to Lisa because she just realizes that the one she truly loves is not him but her. **...
1.1M 30.6K 68
"I'm afraid that telling you this will ruin our friendship, but I can't help myself any longer. I can't hide these feelings any longer. I'm madly in...
123K 5.5K 37
SECOND BOOK IN THE YELLOW SERIES After a long and lengthy journey, Chaeyoung finally believes she and Lisa have reached the light at the end of the t...
502K 15K 56
When Chaeyoung starts to realize her feelings for her best friend Lisa, what will become of their friendship? What will become of their girl group Bl...