With Someone Like Me

By lonewolf_1912

Love. Something that I've always believed in. Something my mom taught me is the most beautiful, precious thi... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER : 1 - SHE'S SOMEONE WHOM IT'S HARD NOT TO MISS.
CHAPTER : 2 - A PLACE THAT'S CLOSER TO HER.
CHAPTER : 3 - REMEMBER ME.
~A/N~
CHAPTER : 4 - WE ARE NEIGHBOURS!
CHAPTER : 5 - THOSE EYES, AND BATTLES.
CHAPTER : 6 - SWEET PAIN.
CHAPTER : 7 - IT'S TIME, TO LET A FEW SECRETS OUT.
A WORD FROM THE AUTHOR
CHAPTER : 8 - IT'S A HUGE DEAL YOU AREN'T RUSTICATED YET!
CHAPTER : 9 - SO, CRASHING DATES IS OUR THING?
CHAPTER : 10 - DEMONS FROM THE PAST.
Kashish
CHAPTER : 11 - WHERE WERE YOU THAT NIGHT?
CHAPTER : 12 - IT'S TIME TO SHOW THEM, WE ARE NOT TO BE MESSED WITH!
CHAPTER : 13 - I'M NOT A FIRECRACKER!
CHAPTER : 14 - COUPLE GOALS!
CHAPTER : 15 - ARYAN SAHNI, THE CHICK MAGNET.
CHAPTER : 16 - NEWS FLASH! HE'S INTO DUDES!
~A/N~
CHAPTER : 17 - LATE WAS YEARS AGO.
CHAPTER : 18 - SPEAK OF THE SHE DEVIL, AND SHE SHALL APPEAR.
CHAPTER : 19 - WHEN WOULD I HAVE YOU ALL TO MYSELF ?
Author's note (important)

CHAPTER : 20 - CAUSE OF DEATH : MY SMOULDERING LOOKS!

587 41 60
By lonewolf_1912

Chapter : 20 - Cause Of Death : My Smouldering Looks!

It's been a very long time. I missed this.

I often wondered these past few days, how much has changed since the first time I set foot in the campus, was it the city? Was it the new beginning I promised myself before I've come here, or the guy who's sitting right in front of me across the table.
Aryan, his presence just made me feel alive.

I wasn't entirely fond of him the moment I saw him back. I felt anger, I hated him with passion. Atleast I felt something. I wasn't empty. Whatever it was, I felt it with passion. I was no longer my old self. But I'm not entirely something new. I'm just somewhere in between, wanting to leave it all behind and start over fresh. And for once, believe in myself. And believe in him.

As I think about us now, it doesn't really make much sense. But I wondered if it has to make sense. For the very first time in years, I listened to my heart, and what it wanted. And what it wanted was to let go of everything and live. Let go of everything and be with him.

So I admitted it, I'm in love with Aryan.

I don't know what would be next? Are we officially dating? Is he my boyfriend? I am confused. No, I am overwhelmed. I have wondered over years, imagined what it would be like to be with him, but it isn't plain imagination. It's real now. He's real, his feelings are real, his lips were real. Which I very much still feel against my lips.

"Annu! Annu? Is something wrong? I've been calling you. Is something wrong with your mouth?" A jab from Abby in my ribs made me slam my palm down which has reached my lips without me knowing, as I finally heard maasi's voice.

I better stop zoning out too much.

I awkwardly looked around the table after gulping my glass of water empty. And nervously smiled at maasi. All eyes were suddenly on me. maasi's concerned, Rupali's glaring, Abby's teasing and Finally his... Knowing and mischievous, sending me a wink.

"I- I'm good." I answered trying not to stutter. There's nothing to be nervous. I guess I didn't say my entire monologue out.

"Annu, you're barely eating. You're just toying with your food. And you've become so skinny. You should eat more." my maasi said as I plastered a nervous smile.

"I don't think so, no amount of dieting would make Annu skinny, but I think she should still make an effort, to be fit... As you have a reputation to keep now... " Rupali muttered the last sentence making me inhale shakily.

Did she just bodyshame me? What a bitch.

But she's nonetheless my sister, and maybe she means well... Just concerned about my health? I justified.

But still a bitch to me sometimes.

" I think she's perfect the way she is, I agree she has become a bit skinny, and maybe should eat more but I guess it's her choice? What makes her happy." Aryan butted in causing me to bite my lip to contain my smile. My hero.

Oh, look at you all blushing.

Aryan sent me a genuine smile, his ears already turning red. And I looked at my food shoving in a spoonful in my mouth to keep from smiling too much at Rupali's obvious scowl. The whole room fell silent except for the occasional clinking of the spoons and forks, Rupali kept sending me occasional glares. But whenever my eyes met his, an unspoken electricity zapped through me causing a slight tremble in my chest. He smiled at me, his green eyes darkening slightly and I bit on my lip to stop the shy smile spreading on my lips.

The piercing sound of the doorbell made me look away and at the table making me and reply a simple 'I'll get that' and I shook my head walking to the door trying to shake off my little smile.

As soon as I opened the door my smile dropped when my eyes settled on his smug face donning a smirk.

"Annu, We meet again!" His sing song voice made me gag.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" My voice harsher exactly as I intended.

"Aren't you quite the sunshine?" He mocked  with an ever present crooked smirk.

"Yes, for a blood sucking vampire like you?" I retorted.

"Ooh, burn..." His smirk grew as his evil eyes twinkled.

"Was supposed to." I mumbled trying to close the door which he blocked with his foot.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" He asked leaning to the door frame, his eyes creased and his smirk plastered.

"Nah, I'm not stupid to invite an ugly, evil bloodsucking vampire into the house. Fuck off." I said as his smirk grew making his dimple pop.

"Okay... I get that a lot, except-" he trying stepping in but I already pushed the door hard enough to block.

"That you are ugly?" I shoot back.

"What? Oh please! That I give off Damon Salvatore vibes. Girls are crazy about me you know?"  He said brushing his hair with his fingers. But still flashing his ever present smirk.

"Let me guess, all of them are dead now?" I spoke which made him roll his eyes.

"Yeah, cause of death : my smouldering looks." And as if it's even possible, his smirk grew more.

"I'm kinda starting to feel your mouth actually is at the side of your face." I pointed.

"You started to notice my mouth." He winked.

"I forgot how massive your ego is." I scoffed and gave him an irritated look.

"Well, that's not the only thing massive about me." He said taking a step closer.

"Yeah, a massive double chin." I bit back.

"Oh please-" he rolled his eyes.

"Yes, please fuck off." I said slamming the door right at his face and leaned back as I heard a muffled yelp. I made my way back to my seat as everyone turned to me.

"Who was that?" Abby asked.

"An ogre." I mumbled to myself. As the door bell rang again, more aggressively than the first.

"I'll go check." Aryan said dropping his fork and getting up to get the door.

"Are you okay, Annu?" My maasi enquired and I just nodded.

"Hello aunty, it's been years." I winced at his voice as I heard the footsteps closer to the table.

"Dhairya? It's Dhairya right? God, you are all grown up! Last time I saw you, you were just a kid, who cut Annu's hair braid off." My maasi chuckled at him.

"Yeah, maybe I'd still gladly do it some other day." He chuckled and gave me a look as I stabbed a piece of chicken.

You piece of lizard shit.

"Please, join us Dhairya. It's really been a long time. it's actually good to see you." Maasi said.

"Thank you. I'm very hungry anyway." Dhairya said settling into the empty chair beside me with a smirk.

I wish I held a fork on it. For sure next time...

"I'm glad Annu and you are getting along." Maasi chuckled while I tightened the grip on my fork.

"Of course, we are needed to get along." He spoke eyeing me, as there was a strange glint to his voice.

"I'd rather be dead." I muttered, As he smirked.

"You're already dead." He mocked. "You look like a zombie."

"Oh yes, I'd have eaten your brain... If you had one." I replied and Abby snickered beside me.

"That you fed on years ago." He said making me roll my eyes.

"You're right, it was smaller than a pea. Hard to remember." I smiled sickly. Which made him chuckle bitterly.

"Pass me some biryani, will you?" He smirked and I pushed the bowl lazily.

"Wouldn't you serve me?" He said hinted something evil.

"Sure, let me get something to poison you." I said trying to get up.

"Stop it Annu-" he held my wrist tight in his hand making me fidget.

"Let go of me asshole!" I hissed and he smirked at me.

"I don't think so." His smirk only grew.

"Is it so?" I muttered stepping hard on his foot making him yelp and hiss. We had everyone's attention to us and I simply resumed eating. My biryani was cold due to this guy.

"Are you okay?" Rupali asked, with a hint of slight red coating her cheeks.

"I am, just a damn mosquito. A huge one." He brought his nauseating charm back making me roll eyes and my cousin blush harder. I just shared a look with Aryan, his eyes reassuring me and his lips curved in a small smile.

Isn't he adorable?

"Annu, have some more chicken." Maasi said and I shook my head with a tiny smile.

"I'm full maasi. Thank you, really." I said.

"You're on diet?" He asked taking a bite from the chicken leg he's holding.

"No-" I barely spoke and I was cut off again.

"Good, you kinda need it anyway." He said eyeing me head to toe. I shrunk a bit in my seat and fidgeted with my spoon.

Am I really that fat? Do I have to lose more weight?

"I was saying that-" Rupali began. But Aryan beat her to it.

"I think it's enough conversation for today. Who wants some choco chip icecream?" He smiled.

"Me!" Maasi and Abby said immediately and chuckled.

"Annu?" Aryan pinned me with a smouldering gaze and I licked my lips conciously.

"Of course, I- I would love to." I answered. Which made him smile and he got up clearing away his plate.

"Okay, I'll get it." He went into the kitchen and I quickly followed taking my plate with me.

As soon I put my plate down on the counter, I felt him flip me, pinning me to the counter as he towered me holding my chin up to look at him.
I bit my lip trying to hold back a smile, and his thumb immediately pressed on my lower lip freeing it from my teeth.

"Aryan.." I breathed out his name looking into his darkening eyes.

Without warning he leaned into me catching my lips with his and gently kissing me. The kiss wasn't too hard but yet so passionate. He broke the kiss gently sucking on my lower lip making me moan into his mouth.

"You okay?" He whispered pecking my lips once more.

"Uh-hm.." I sighed trying to catch his lips again and he moved away smiling.

"Can't get enough of me?" He teased moving closer to meet my lips again but moving away as I tried to reach.

"What the-" I hissed frustrated as he chuckled.

"Just say it.." he smiled trailing his lips on my jaw and I sighed.

"No, I can't seem to get enough of you Aryan. I've been wanting you for so long... I just got you." I mumbled as he moved down my throat.

"I waited so long..." He whispered moving up to my ear. Making me bite my lip harder to contain my moans.

"You're finally mine." He said as I clung to him tighter.

"Ahem..." The gruff sound of someone clearing their throat made me push him away and grip the edges of the counter tighter. Aryan almost scowled at the interruption.

"I was waiting for the icecream..?" Dhairya said taking a few steps towards us.

"Seems like you guys were already having your dessert." He smirked. Aryan raked his fingers through his hair and I could see he was already blushing red.

"It's none of your business. Get out." I stated firmly, Which made him chuckle.

"Sorry to interrupt...but..." He tsked making me grind my teeth harder.

"If not me, somebody else would have... Perhaps your maasi?" He smirked and I held onto the counter refraining from punching the shit out of him.

"Dhairya-" Aryan spoke.

"Don't you have any shame left? You come into my home uninvited and barge into my kitchen like this?" I spat out at him.

"Don't speak to me like that Anaaya." His voice came out calm, but stern. His smirk was wiped off from his face. His dark eyes pierced into mine warning me.

"Oh I will, Dhairya." I replied making him take a step closer to me.

"Don't be so happy yet Anaaya, you feel like you're winning against me but... You don't know what's coming your way." His smug smirk was back making me boil with rage.

"How dare you Dhairya." I said, taking a step further showing him his words mean nothing.

"Anaaya your dad-" he started and I rolled my eyes.

"Just fucking give it a rest Dhairya! Your fucking words doesn't mean shit! Leave me the fuck alone!" I stated staring right into his eyes.

"I'm just trying to let you know what's-" he started.

"You don't get a hint, do you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Really, fuck off Dhairya. Get the fuck out of my home. Now." I said trying to control my fist from meeting his jaw.

"You are still such a child, Annu." He smirked.

"You never listen, no wonder your parents had to decide for you." He shook his head chuckling.

"Asshole!" I yelled at him.

"I'm not even surprised anymore when I heard what your dad proposed-" he started off but my fist immediately hit his jaw and he jerked back with the impact.

"How dare you fucking asshole say that!" I was loud. I angry. No furious. And hurt.

"Ouch. See, still such a child." He laughed and I lunged at him grabbing him by his collar.

"One more word, and I'll fucking kill you! You understand?" I yelled making Abby, maasi and Rupali rush to the kitchen.

"I dare you." His smirk made me lose it and land a punch straight to his mouth.

"Annu! What are you doing!" My maasi came running holding him steady to inspect his mouth while Aryan held me back caressing me to calm down.

"Annu, you guys are not kids anymore!" Maasi scolded wincing at his bursted lip.

"Her brain stopped growing." He spoke wincing as blood trickled his mouth.

"Atleast I have a brain! A human brain, unlike you." I said.

"Annu, please stop this." Maasi said taking him to the living room as Rupali threw me a disapproving glance.

"Fine." I sighed and marched into my room trying to slam the door shut but Abby managed to slip in.

"Woahhh! What was that?" An amused smile was plastered on her face as she sat on my bed patting next to her.

"I really am, not in the mood to-" I paced the room as she chewed on her tongue curiously.

"He's hot though." She giggled to herself and I stopped to glare at her.

"Are you blind?" I spoke clearly confused at her ability to find a scaly slimy toad 'hot'.

"I mean, duh! C'mon that guy is smoking hot." She giggled.

"Which guy?" Arjun entered the room and stood beside me rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course you baby!" Abby smiled at him and embraced him in a hug. I rolled my eyes at them.

"Annu, was it Dhairya? In the living room?" Arjun asked as he settled on the bed. I nodded not having any energy to speak up.

"Awww" Arjun said getting up and putting me into a hug and then making me sit.

"It's okay Annu." He smiled at me.

"Why is he here?" I sighed.

"Maybe he'll leave soon-" Arjun said and soon my phone started ringing. Abby moved to get it from my desk and looked at me.

"It's your mom." She said handing it over and I took a breath composing myself before picking up.

"Maa." I said into the phone.

"Annu, what are you doing?" She said back.

"Nothing, you have something important to tell?" I asked.

"Is Dhairya, there?" She enquired which made me scoff.

"Why is he here? Why did he have to-" I was cut off by her.

"Stop with all that Annu. You are grown up. Stop acting like a child. And learn to be civil with him." She said sternly.

"Maa, he-" I tried speaking again.

"Annu, just learn to respect. He's taking over the firm." She answered.

"Maa, he can't! How can he take over dad's place too?" I argued.

"It's decided Annu. We can't handle it anymore considering you are our only child." She replied.

"Why does he-" I almost break into tears.

"Annu, don't you dare disrespect him or fight with him." She sighed and I could hear dad's muffled voice from the line.

"Your dad and I will pay a visit soon, we need to talk. Just try to act civil until then." She said and hung up before I could even say something.

                                            -*-*-*-

Hey guys,

I hope you all are doing well. Honestly I don't know how many of you are still reading this story, if you are still reading this thank you very much. Thank you for reading it even when I barely updated it for past year. I'm really very sorry I couldn't update it properly.
I wasn't fine, and I couldn't write. But I promise to write and update it regularly now, and I'd be very grateful if you guys would read, vote and comment. Thank you everyone for being such great readers. It really means a lot.
Please do tell me what you feel about the story. Please I need your suggestions. DM me anything. I'll be very glad to know all my readers. Thank you so much everyone for your support.

Love,
Prerana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 21.4K 40
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
724K 60.2K 33
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
3.8M 160K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
898K 48.6K 58
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...