Straying From The Game

By Phoenix_Sky_09

Love has different forms. Sometimes, we tend to see it as a very different one from the real form. And someti... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Back on the Game
Chapter 3 Individual Projects
Chapter 4 Hidden Truth at Home
Chapter 5 Hiding Her Pain
Chapter 6 Her Confidant
Chapter 7 They're Jealous?
Chapter 8 It's Not What It Seems
Chapter 9 Heart Status
Chapter 10 Fight or Fix?
Chapter 11 They Have their Own Secrets
Chapter 12 Failed Mission
Chapter 13 We're Coming Home
Chapter 14 The Trip Home
Chapter 15 First Destination
Chapter 16 She's His Girl Friend
Chapter 17 To Her Home
Chapter 18 At the Diaz Residence
Chapter 19 I'll Prove it to You
Chapter 20 Enjoy While It Lasts?
Chapter 21 The Diaz's Social Status
Chapter 22 Meeting Her Other Bestfriends
Chapter 23 Stories About Her
Chapter 24 Pieces of Advice
Chapter 25 Last Day of Fantasy
Chapter 26 The Ciphered Message
Chapter 27 The Consequences
Chapter 28 When in Paris
Chapter 29 Make Her Happy
Chapter 30 Unofficially Yours
Chapter 31 Visiting Her Family
Chapter 32 Surprises
Chapter 33 All is Well
Chapter 34 Unveiled
Author's Note

Chapter 2 Party Drunks

3 0 0
By Phoenix_Sky_09

Genie

I jump up in surprise when my bedroom door was opened from outside and in came Chaeyoung, then she locked it. I looked at her with fear.

"Uh, unnie, I, I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" I asked stepping back as she approached me. She is still swaying as she walk, she's really drunk, I thought. She shook her head but her gaze remained on me.

I stopped when my back hit the wall, meaning I can't back down anymore. I then dared to meet her gaze and was more nervous when I saw how dark it looks. What did I do? Why does she look like as if she's going to devour me alive?

When she reached me, I gulped. She grabbed my wrists and raised it above my head, pinning it. She pressed her legs on mine, immobilizing me. I was surprised because she is stronger this time than a while ago. She gazed at me harder and my eyes widened when she started to lean in. Sh*t! I know it! I got it! The darkness of her eyes denotes lust! Probably I stirred it by straddling her and accidentally rubbing my body on her!

My heart beat quicken that added to my nervousness. Slowly she is leaning in and I don't know what to do. I tried to free myself but she held me in place. Should I cry? Maybe it will wake her up from her drunken state? But I doubt it.

"Unnie, stop" I managed to squeak with a small voice but as if she hadn't heard me, she continued leaning in.

"Stop" I whispered, no effect. I closed my eyes for a bit before I inhaled then exhaled.

"Chaeyoung, please stop" I asked in a commanding tone and that seemed to wake her up.

She looked at me blankly, then blinked twice. The darkness in her eyes started to fade and her eyes widened. I sighed in relief. She looked at our position and she gasped.

"It's okay unnie, it's okay" I assured her as she released my hands then I hugged her.

"I understand unnie, it's okay" I whispered.

"Genie, I'm sorry, oh my gosh, I'm sorry" she sobbed as she hugged me as well.

"You scared me at first unnie, I thought you were mad at me, your eyes...." I shivered remembering the first time I saw it. But she laughed.

"I'm corrupting your innocence am I?" she asked.

"I only realized what it meant when you started to lean in" I admitted.

"I can't believe how many times I have embarrassed myself in front of you baby, I'm doomed" she sighed.

"It's okay unnie, now, we should head back out or the others will get jealous again, accusing me of having you to myself" I shook my head how the maknaes tease us.

When we returned, she looks as if she was sobered but her movement tells otherwise. The others are sitting on the floor, waiting for us, and in the middle are wrapped boxes. Maybe presents? Right, I excused myself back and went to grab my gift adding it to the boxes then I completed the circle. I know we are gonna play truth or dare again.

"Ow, what are those?" the birthday girl asked pointing at the parcels. Earlier, a set was delivered from our company, gifts from fans and friends and is currently piled at her room, boxes, flowers, whatever they gave her, all security checked before delivered to our dorm.

"Obviously, but we don't want you to open any yet" Jisoo unnie answered her and she pouted.

"But I wanna see now" she whined.

"No Chaeyoungie, wait, should someone carry it to her room instead?" Jennie suggested.

"I will, but first, let's take photos" I volunteered as I grabbed my camera, taking photos with the gifts. Chae-unnie protested when I collected all five boxes but she was held down by the unnies.

When I returned, I was given the privilege to spin the bottle. However, I think luck is against me this time because it point back straight at me. Everyone laughed hysterically.

I pouted and looked at Jennie who is sitting on my left. The original rule applies. Next to her is Jisoo unnie then Blythe then Jeed then Chae-unnie is to my right.

"Truth or Dare" she asked. She's a little tipsy now as well, Jisoo only tasted wine once so she is the most sober. The maknaes are both tipsy. The birthday girl is drunk, I am as well tipsy.

"Truth" I answered. I don't wanna do anything they will ask me to.

"Really? Then when is the last time you had a lip to lip kiss?" she asked and I froze. No way will they know I and my bestfriend kissed. I quickly grabbed the glass of tequila shot and downed it. Alright, maybe that isn't a good idea since it immediately went to my head.

"Aww, come on, that's a normal question" the others protested but I spinned the bottle and it pointed to Jisoo. Blythe laughed.

"Unnie, truth or dare?" she asked.

"Dare" Jisoo replied probably remembering what I asked her after she answered truth. Not to repeat the same mistake again right?

"Alright, I dare you to kiss anyone in this room, except your bestfriend" Blythe declared and Jisoo was stunned. I laughed hard. See, I'm drunk as well!

"Oh damn girl, I can't get drunk" Jisoo-nie whined. I was however surprised when she grabbed Blythe and pecked her quick in the lips.

Blythe was frozen, eyes locked on me, and mine on her as we are facing each other. The others laughed hard, except me who just smiled and Blythe who was dazed.

"Next time Blythe dear, be careful of your dares" Jisoo patted her shoulder and we resumed the game.

"Alright Jeed, truth or dare" Chae-unnie asked.

"Dare" Jeed replied confidently.

"Then I dare you to do a sexy dance in front of Blythe" unnie commanded and we laughed except Blythe who was dumbfounded again.

"Just that? Okay!" Jeed stood up confident while Blythe was horrified.

"Jeed, can't you just drink the shot please" she asked our chef who laughed and sat back down.

"Okay maknae, let's not taint your innocence for now" she chuckled as she chugged the tequila. I can see Blythe relaxed.

"Hah, Jennie, truth or dare" Jisoo asked her bestfriend.

"Truth" Jennie replied as if she ain't troubled of what Jisoo will ask.

"Okay, will you marry me?" Jisoo asked bluntly and we all stared in shock. Jennie was evidently the most surprised.

"It's a prank! Hahaha" Jisoo laughed out loudly and Jennie literally kicked her bestfriend in the shin.

"Ouch ouch ouch, Jennie, would you rather answer it then?" Jisoo asked rubbing her shin close to tears.

"How would I answer it pabo?" Jennie scowled.

"Then drink the shot unnie" Jeed motioned and the unnie did so without further arguments.

Jennie spin the bottle and it pointed to Chaeyoung. I asked her truth or dare and she seemed to think before answering. Maybe trying to predict what I'd ask her to say or do.

"Truth" she finally replied and I was a little surprised because I thought she'd say dare knowing I can ask her any revealing question. Now I will.

"Sure, then yes or no" I stared at her, I don't want to ask it but something pushed me to ask her.

"Ask it" she slurred. Maybe her drunken state will help for her to say the truth.

"Have you really moved on from Lisa unnie?" I asked and she gaped at me, her gaze as if asking if I'm serious or not.

Silence actually filled the room and we had a staring fight. I swipe my gaze on the others before focusing back my attention on her. I am about to reclaim my words when she spoke, finally answering my question.

"Yes" she answered but her eyes said otherwise. I sighed.

I leaned to her and whispered. "Liar" She tensed and I leaned back.

"Whooh, that's good Chaeyoung, congrats!" Jennie cheered and the younger girls followed suit.

I glanced at Jisoo who is also looking at Chaeyoung. I am aware she too doesn't believe it, we're secret partners in crime remember? Or you don't?

We continued playing afterwards until Jisoo suggested we switch positions. I squeezed myself in between Jisoo unnie and Blythe while Jeed and Jennie exchanged positions. Chaeyoung just moved to my previous position while Jisoo remained in place.

"I thought you wanna change positions?" I asked her.

"I do, but you didn't allow me to, anyway, I like it here now" she grinned.

We then resumed playing with our new positions. For clarity, the arrangement now is Blythe is on my left, followed by Jennie unnie then in front of me is Chaeyoung unnie, then Jeed then on my right is Jisoo unnie. The one to question is the one on the right this time also.

We have been playing well, I unfortunately had to drink two more shots while Chaeyoung gets drunker and drunker. Jisoo remained sober, enduring to do all dares. I know she wanna take care of us after, typical of her, a motherly figure. The others are also drunk now. I think I have improved with the way I drink after our occasional drinks together. I can drink more now actually, but I don't know how much I can take before I totally pass out. So far, I'm still good.

"Chaeyoung-ah truth or dare?" Jennie asked.

"Dare!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"I dare you to kiss Genie in the lips, for 10 seconds" she declared.

I may be drunk and they may see me wasted but I am well aware. My heart beat quicken again and I'm starting to panic. Maybe the alcohol intake also increase my heart rate. I swallowed the lump in my throat when I saw Chae-unnie dragging herself towards my spot. I threw a nervous look at Jisoo unnie but she shrugged as if saying, your decision.

Chaeyoung kneeled in front of me, leaned in lifting her body so she is blocking me from the others then she whispered "Relax"

She cupped my face and tilted it a little, as she leaned more angling her face as well as she kissed me...just near my lips. Our eyes are both opened and she winked at me as we mentally counted 10 seconds then she pulled away. For the viewers, it looks like as if we are really kissing lips to lips. Hmmm, smart Rosé.

The girls cheered as unnie returned to her position. I'm a little relieved but my heart beat never returned to normal. She isn't as drunk as I thought so then? I hope. I looked at each of our friends and they are all teasing, even Jisoo unnie. Argh!

We played more, making me drink another shot and Chaeyoung unnie two more shots. When Jisoo saw that everyone is wasted, she stopped the game and told us to go to sleep. Her horror showed when none of our friends was able to actually stand.

"Will you two gonna sleep here unnie?" I asked her slurring but I think I know what I'm talking about.

"No Genie, my place is just below so I'll gonna drag my bestfriend home" she winked and I laughed.

"Got you unnie" I hiccupped.

"But first, don't worry, I'll help you guys to bed" she stood up.

"Thanks unnie, but you can just take care of those two who are nearly passed out, I'll see what I can do with Chae-unnie" I replied looking at the girl infront of me who is actually now lying on the floor. Did she passed out as well?

"Okay Genie, we'll lock the door after us and I will just return your key tomorrow" she informed and I nodded before she carried Blythe to her room. A good thing she can actually lift them like that.

I dragged myself towards unnie and shook her a little rough. She looks asleep but opened her eyes when she felt my hands on her shoulder.

"Unnie, tell me you can walk to your room please" I asked but she closed her eyes again. Ugh.

I looked back and saw Jeed now lying on the floor. Jennie was also lying on her side now. I turned back to Chae-unnie. Sure I can carry her but that is if I'm not drunk like this.

"Unnie, can you atleast please try to stand, I'll help you to your room okay?" I shook her again. She grunted.

I pulled her to a sitting position and I felt she helped herself a little. I stood up and held out my hands. Partly opening her eyes, she caught it and we help each other for her to stood up. She however cannot keep her balance she ended up hugging me, while I myself swayed because I'm drunk too!

Jisoo returned to pick Jeed too.

"You sure you can manage her? She looks like a koala on you right now" she laughed and I nodded.

"Yes unnie, you better be quick. Your bestfriend will catch a cold sleeping on the floor" I motioned to Jennie unnie and she nodded before lifting Jeed and walking away.

"Alright unnie, let's go as well, just move your feet, I'll keep us both balanced" I addressed our leader.

"Baby, can't I just sleep here?" she hiccupped.

"No! Come on, let's go" I dragged her and I'm thankful she can atleast moved her feet although it feels as if she is leaning all her weight on me. Walking is also hard since she is hugging me so we are side stepping to her room.

As I opened the door to her room, Jisoo unnie passed us telling me that they're leaving and I nodded alright. Even bringing her to her bed isn't an easy task at all. I groaned but stopped dead when I felt something hot. No, the room suddenly felt hot? Or what? I don't know! But my neck suddenly felt hot! No, actually, another soft skin was currently placed on it, followed by a hot breath. I shivered.

"Unnie, what are you doing?" I whispered. Instead of answering however, she licked my skin and I let her go, meaning to drop her but she is clinging to me like a leech.

She continued moving towards her bed and I tried to pull my head to stare at her but she has her face buried on my neck. She can walk alright? Damn her, I'm so tired after dragging her here.

"Let go of me" I ordered in a commanding tone but she didn't. Instead, she let herself fall on her bed, pulling me on top of her. I gulped.

"You're in the bed now, let me go, I'm tired" I asked in a serious tone but she just stared at me.

I met her gaze, regretting doing so when I saw the same dark eyes earlier. I sighed and shook my head.

"Chaeyoung, this is Genie alright? please let me go" I am about to beg now but she kept her hold tight.

Her gaze moved down to my lips and I gulped again. She is twice drunker than a while ago. What should I do? And I am drunk as well now!

"I know it's you, and I want to kiss you" she whispered back, gazing back to my eyes. I stared back in surprise. Why would she wanna kiss me? Before I could answer however, I felt her soft lips on mine, pressing gently. My eyes widened and saw her eyes closed. Damn damn, what to do now?

She moved her lips, grazing mine but I remained still. No no no... My mind protested, but when her tongue slid on my lower lip, I lost it and opened my mouth slightly allowing her to dart in quick. Well it's not her first and she knows what to do while this is my first make out, damn, no!

Since I'm shocked. She was free to explore my mouth with her tongue. She freed my body from her grip but her hands immediately went to position, her left arm on my neck while the other on my cheek. She pulled me closer, deepening the kiss, and out of nowhere, I moaned even after being unresponsive with the kiss. This woke me up from her spell and I pushed myself away from her, also breathless as she deprived me of breathing.

"What's that for?" I asked glaring at her, who is still lying while I am kneeling beside her. We are still in her bed.

Instead of answering however, tears filled her eyes as she meet my glare. In that instant, I understood. I know what she need, but what should I do? I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I drop myself beside her and I sighed again before I turned to my side to face her.

"Do you need it?" I asked and she slowly nodded, blinking her tears while looking up the ceiling.

"Okay, do it" I whispered, reaching for her arm to make her face me. I scooted closer to her as I caress her cheek.

"I love you unnie, hope you know that, and I'd do anything that would make you happy, so do it" I smiled at her.

I am drunk, I'm well aware of that, and I know the intoxication is helping to make me say those words. But I think I'll be fine. I just wanna help right? Is that right? But as I watch her leaning towards me again, why is my heart beating fast again?

"I'm sorry" she whispered before she claimed my lips again. I'm drunk right? So I responded this time. And I'm a beginner right? Actually, I just let her do what she want, but would every now and then respond. She pulled me closer through my neck and deepen the kiss. I kept myself in check this time and didn't dare moan again.

Her kisses are a mixture of gentle, harsh, sweet, and passionate. If I could taste kisses, maybe I'd taste regret, hurt, love, and all the emotions she is putting into it. Suddenly, I felt a trail of liquid on my face. Tears. She is crying while kissing me. She pulled away and we catched our breaths.

I wiped her tears away and I looked at her with care and love. I didn't dare look at her with pity. I believe no one wants to be pitied.

"You will be fine baby, you will be fine" I whispered.

She bit her lip to stop herself from sobbing and this lead me to be the one to lean in this time and kissed her. I wanna let her feel that she ain't alone and that I am there for her, I'd support her, take care of her, make her happy, help her in any way I can, and I'll be there to pick her up everytime she falls. I'd be there.... As her bestfriend.... I pulled away when I can't hold my breath anymore and smiled at her. I kissed her forehead before I hugged her.

"Sleep now, goodnight drunken Chae. I wish you won't remember this tomorrow like I will, but I'm happy to help tonight" I murmured.

She hugged me back and in no time, I feel her relax and her regular breathing came to my sense of hearing. After making sure she is fast asleep, I slip away from her hold and left her room, going straight to the kitchen. Guess what I did there? Yeah, I cried. After a while, I move to go to my room and was shocked to see Jisoo unnie standing beside the door.

"Unnie?" I asked wondering why she is here. Her presence behind the door also means she heard me crying. I sighed.

"Are you sober enough? I think you wanna talk?" she asked looking at me with care.

"I think the alcohol I took turned into tears there" I shrugged pointing back at the room and she chuckled. She pulled me by the hand and brought me back to the kitchen.

She made me sit on a stool as she quickly prepared a mug of milk then she took the seat in front of me.

"Sip" she gestured crossing her arms in her chest.

"Thanks unnie, but why'd you return? Your bestfriend might look for you" I asked.

"After I let her sleep comfortably, I returned wanting to see if you two are really fine" she began. I suddenly panicked. Has she seen what we did?

"When did you arrive?" I asked nervously.

"In time to see you coming out of Chaeng's room and running here" she replied but I seem to doubt it.

"That's the truth?" I asked and she nodded before she looked at me questioningly.

"It is, I heard you crying here and I decided to allow you to release your tears first and wait for you. Now tell me, what happened? Why were you crying?" she asked.

"Oh, no... Nothing unnie" I lied.

"Genie, you have been confiding to me everything, today's not the right time to back out and hide something from me" she replied looking me straight in the eye.

"I'm not hiding anything from you unnie" I lied again.

"Have you... fallen for her?" she asked in a small voice. I looked at her shocked.

"No!" I blurted.

"Tone down Genie, you didn't? Then why are you crying?" she asked.

"I'm... hurting for her... As if I can feel her pain too, and my heart aches. I don't wanna see her that way anymore unnie, I wanna see her happy again, genuinely" I replied tears brimming in my eyes.

"But that feeling and wishes for her means you have fallen in love with her Genie" she pointed out.

"No unnie, I refuse to believe that. I only care a lot about her because she's my bestfriend. Please believe me" I pleaded.

"Alright Genie, for now, I will" she finally stopped interrogating me.

"But it's already late at night Genie, finish your drink so you can go and rest now" she told me.

"Thanks unnie, I know I can really trust you" I genuinely thanked her.

"You really can Genie, my bestfriend almost caught me, I have to dug deeper for alibis to save my ass" she replied and we laughed together.

"Come on, let me tuck you in before I go" she stood up and reached for me.

I gratefully lean into her as we made our way to my room. She made me sit on the bed before she took a bottled water and a pill then handed it to me.

"I can't take meds after drinking unnie" I smiled.

"Oh right, I forgot, okay then, as I told you before, always have my number on emergency and you know our codes okay?" she asked.

"Yes unnie, thank you really" I smiled up at her.

"You're always welcome. You know I already considered you as my younger sister, sleep well, good night" she kissed my forehead before she left.

I closed my eyes but sleep seemed cannot come to me. Instead, my mind turned to Jisoo unnie, and how our secret friendship blossomed. Ahh! She's a good one, I would like her to be my older sister really. Lucky is anyone who is friends with her.

I keep my eyes close as my memory traveled back to day 1, back to that day when I noticed Chae-unnie obviously avoiding me and I seek her advice and asked about her coping abilities with regards to problems.

Since then, she has been the first person on my list to ran to, with regards to matters that I can't decide on my own or things that I cannot confide to my members. During those times, she has been nothing but patient and supportive of me. She always tells me not to hesitate to come to her anytime. All I need would be to contact her so I'd know how I can get ahold of her. This, our great friendship, however was kept secret to others for a reasonable reason. It's not that I'm ashamed to have her as my friend or the other way around, but it is arrived upon a mutual agreement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 37.6K 50
I have you, you have me. That's perfect already. Love is not easy thing to do. We laugh, we cry, we smile. What if after all the times we spent toge...
36.6K 531 23
Jennie Kim, youngest CEO in South Korea. She owns one of the biggest entertainment companies. Is she willing to give the relationship a try despite h...
71.6K 2.1K 31
Chaelisa + Jenlisa and Jensoo (Extremely cringe and clichΓ©...you've been warned!) "I was captivated by this overwhelming sensation" "Is this jealousy...
39.2K 1.3K 40
50% true life events, 50% imagination Two brokenhearted strangers unexpectedly meet in a foreign country. Beautiful friendship blossomed and turned i...