||~~Tere Bin Na Lage Mera Man...

By suryavni

A tale of love lost and found.. More

Prologue
Character sketch
A Stellar realignment
Unexpected encounters
A Dream come true?
Hockey stick or feather ?
Clash - Of emotions ?
Mishti - Reliving Memories
Melting ice.
Nature's upheavals and a tragedy
An Intimate Night Vigil
The Sand in his fist
A Sweet torment.
A tumultuous journey
Abode of love & care
A New Complicacy
Playing truant..
An impromptu Date ??!!
The Perfect Plans !
Her Gift..Her Silent Gift..
Tendrils of love.
Eternally yours...
Love tantrums..
Silent Agonies..
Cute Apologies and Reconciliation
Her Anchor
Closing in the distances
Emotional Undercurrents.
Family Fun..
Partner in Crime & Care
Friend for Life - Brother for Life
Shattered Dreamscapes
The Pain YOU Hide In YOUR Eyes.
The Smoke without a Fire
Take MY Heart.. It's YOURS !
A Prank , Reunion & Heartbreak
The Fire & The Ice
An Early Morning tete-a-tete
No Hiding The Fragnance Of Love
Nanu...The COOLEST Rajvansh!!!
The Melding Of Two Souls
Blues and Bliss
Chill of the Past & Warmth of his Love
Ingenuity At It's Best
Cozy Beginnings
Bromance in the truest sense
MINE...In Every Way..!
Best laid Plans....!
Love Capital.......
The Tender Crescendo Of Passion
Surprises Galore..!!
Healing Of A Deep Rift..
The Ripple Effect...
Kaleidoscopic Heart - Broken.. yet Apiece.
The Sublime Love making & Subtle Deception
Festivities and Forgings..
Parallel Truths
Whirlwind And Her Sanctum
Confronting & Making Peace .!!
' Déjà vu '
The Sacred Weave..
Malicious intent
The Spark..!!
The Curve Ahead..!
The silent loud shattering- Heartbreak

A leap for love

815 55 77
By suryavni

" Toh yaar meri aur kethu ki toh families ready hein ..Kunal kuhu ka toh career establish hone ke baad hoga..tum kab maangne Wale ho Mishtii ka haath... officially..uski Badima, Chotima.. Maa...aur naam ki hi sahi..your father in law...sabse kab permission le rahe ho..?"

Nihaal asked mischievously but his look gradually changed to anxiety seeing Abir's face..

"What..All well bro? "

Abir shook his head as if in desperation.

"All is well now Nihaal...lekin..mujhe pata nahin kyun Dil mein ek dar sa baith gaya hein..Two times ..two times I almost lost her ...Rahi baat family ki....agar koi humare rishte se khush nahin hein toh kya karenge...? Massi aur shriya maa ka pata hein...lekin Maa aur massima.....aur Shourya uncle toh mujhe shayad like bhi nahi kartha...aur  bhi log hein jinke permission Mishtii keliye important hein.....mujhe toh bas  use apna banana hein.. I need her in my life forever, I want to protect her.... I need to keep her safe ....Mera bas chale toh hum abhi bhaag ke shaadi kar lete..."

Abir rubbed his face as if to rub off the frustration he felt .

Nihaal looked  at Abir's emotional outburst thoughtfully while Abir's eyes searched for someone in the gathering..

                         ****

Haldi ceremony

The glorious golden rays of sun glittered upon the golden yellow flowers making up the  two haldi ka mandap glow with divinity ...

Both bride and groom's haldi ceremony was to be held side by side and as Abir reached the venue along with  Neerav,  his eyes were singlemindedly searching for Mishtii..

Last night he had waited for her to come back ..and waited.....but she didn't come ..

He had called but  she texted back that massima needed her ..

Now with all the relatives milling up and down the corridors he couldn't very well bang on her door..!

He smiled nervously as he thought of the surprise he was about to spring on her..

Aane do use..

Mishtii spotted Abir the instant he stepped on to the ceremony area...

"Kya karoo...kaise Abir se normally behave karoo jab mera toote Dil ke ek ek tukda mujhe har pal chubh Raha hein.
Abir ka dil dukhaoo...ya chotima ka vishwas todoo...
Chup ho ja Mishtii...keep calm ...abhi jaisa hein waise hi behave karna...Abir tumhari har mood pehchaanthe hein.. agar use kuch bhi Shak hogaya toh ....shaadi ka mahol hi badal jaayega..... kal raat toh woh shayad tumhari room Tak aate..aur tum chahthi bhi yahi thi ....ki woh aajaye aur tumhe tumhari dard se door le jaaye...."

Mishti sighed as she absently rearranged the thaali with flowers and the haldi chandan paste...

"Ananya Di ki Shaadi ke baad Abir se baat karenge..kisi bhi tarah use convince karenge ki  shayad humara rishta ek aur baar tootna likha hein kahin.....tab tak apne emotions ko rok lo."

The moment their eyes met she smiled and Abir felt as if someone had infused life into him...the weight of worries just became a puff of smoke.... making him feel as if he is  floating like a feather...

Neerav turned to Abir.

"Kuch toh Jadoo hein usmein..dulha mein hoo par Tera tension dekhke Aisa lag raha tha ki aaj teri shaadi ka rasm honewala hein...one look and smile from my Saali and you are alll...calm and relaxed...meri nazar na Lage tum donon ko..!"

Neerav grinned and Abir blushed as he received friendly slaps by Saksham and Nihaal..

                          *****

The haldi ceremony was underway with great enthusiasm and as Neerav and ananya got plastered with the haldi chandan mix, all had fun drenching them in haldi water and floral shower....

Amidst the music and dance Mishtii tried hard to keep her smile on her face..and to forget her woes...

Badimaa khush hein..Varsha ma ko dekho ..kaise naach Rahi hein... Shourya uncle aur Ananya Di ..Neerav jiju ke saath ...  Kuhu Kunal Kethu Nihaal....sab ..Even Neil Is back...among the melee...and enjoying himself..

Mishtii's eyes went to Abir who was patiently dodging all of Jasmeet's not so subtle overtures to come close to him as he was making his way to her and exhaled in relief as Saksham gave him reprieve by calling away that girl...

Shayad tum naaraz raho tho Abir tumse door rahega..

Shayad woh Jasmeet ko bhi pasand karne lagega..

Mishtii closed her eyes to resist the stabbing pain in her heart as she intentionally tortured herself with these thoughts....

A hand pulled hers and Mishtii opened her eyes in alarm as she found herself softly pulled through a maze of downward steps to a secluded  and shaded poolside...

"Abirrr...yeh tum kya....!"

Abir turned and stood silently looking at her , his face revealing his anxiety...... looking unsure ... afraid..!?

Abir ...her Confident Abir....Aaj ithne beichain..kahin kisi ne ....Chotima ..??!

Her eyes flew away from him to hide her turbulent emotions...and it was then only her eyes registered the things around her ....

The small enclosure was tastily decorated with flowers... White and pink..Magnolias....!!

Two love seats ...and ...and ..a Thaali with Diya and ....OMG....Haldi...!!!

Her happiness for the realisation that Abir had arranged this as her surprise overcame her sadness and she turned to him with all her love in  her face ...eyes glittering with happy tears ..

"Abir..yeh sab..."

Abir cleared his throat...

" Umm.....I wanted to put haldi on you ...and I saw the way you avoided haldi from all..even  kuhu..so....you also wanted me to put haldi on you.. right.? .tum mera hi wait kar rahi thi na..."

" Seriously..!  Shut up ..Abir..!"

Mishtii couldn't stop smiling seeing the eager face of her love..

" Tum wahi pe bhi mujhe haldi laga sakthe the na.."

The look she received from him made her body shiver .....

And the timbre in his voice weakened her will just like that...

" Mujhe sirf Gaal par nahin lagaana...!"

"Abirr...!.."

Mishtii's choked plea was ignored unceremoniously as Abir pulled her to him...

" Tumhein haldi lagane ka haq toh sirf mera hein...aur sabke samne bhi kar leta ...but it's Neerav and Ananya s moment...intrude karthe acha lagta kya..!?"

" Abir...chodo ab...koi .."

" Koi nahin aayega aur uska khayal Neil rakh Raha hein.."

Mishtii's eyes widened in surprise..!

Abir's eyes were lighted with mischeif as he pulled her closer ...and turned her away from him slowly..as his hand stretched out  to the bowl..

The cool touch of haldi on her belly made her stand on her toes...

Abir buried his face in the hollow of her shoulder and kissed her softly on her shoulder as his hands moved slowly along her arms....

Abiir...

Mishti turned and held his hands ..but as their eyes met both of them knew what they wanted..

Abir gently freed himself and cupped her face..

"Mujhe haldi nahin lagaoge...?"

Mishti nodded and dipped her fingers into the bowl..

Abir stood straight with hands tied in front of his chest..

Mishti eyed him suspiciously as he was pressing down his smile..

"Abiir...main tumhein yeh kaisi laga sakthi ho...thoda jhuko na..."

" No jhukna allowed today madam..Aaj toh mein humari yeh height difference own karne wala hoon..."

" Yeh kya baat Hui...mujhe tumhein yeh haldi lagaani hai...bas..aajao.."

Mishti pulled Abir towards the love seat..and signalled him.

Abir smiled and lifted her lehenga a bit to make her put her feet on the seat.....

" Ab mein aaram se tumhare iss chubby gaal aur chehare pe haldi laga sakthi hoon."

Mishti looked at Abir as she held his chin in her hand..

" Main toh kabse wait kar raha tha.." he said with a smirk..

Mishti tilted Abir's face up and smeared the haldi paste on his cheeks and then on his nose ...

"Ho gaya.."

" Itni decent kyon ban rahi ho tum..aur kahin nahi lagaana ?"

Abir asked teasingly as Mishti rolled her eyes..

" Nahi...yehi koffee Hein ajeeb rajvansh ..Ab sab humein dhoond rahe honge ..we have to go back.."

Mishti tried to step down but Abir blocked her holding her shoulders lightly.

" Abir..."

His hand slid along her arms to hold her hand and slowly he held them backwards .. pulling her towards him..

" Abhi bhi bohot lagana Hein Mishti...!"

Mishti looked at the eyes sparkling with love, yearning and mischief... before she could take the next breath it seemed stuck as Abir pulled her closer , burying his  face in the crook of her neck and rubbing haldi onto her ..

" Abiir..."

She held onto him for her balance as she took small gasps as he kissed her lightly below her neck..

" Will you marry me Mishti..?"

She was lost in his fragrance and his soft question crept slowly into her consciousness..

" Will you marry me Mishti..?"

Mishti blinked in disbelief and freed herself in daze as Abir released her gently.

"Abir...of course  I will ..I love you.... I mean..yeh bhi koi poochhne ki baat Hein.!"

She cupped his face and said earnestly...

"Bas Di ki shaadi ke baad hum sabko bataane Wale Hein na.."

"Kal Mishti...Ananya Di ki shaadi se pehle..sirf hum..."

Abir's words were soft yet determined but his face betrayed his nervousness..

" Abiir..." Mishti looked at him confused and slowly recognised the reflection of her own fear in them..

" But Badi maa aur Choti maa...aur.."

"Kisine mana Kiya toh..."

The underlying dread in his words made Mishti focus entirely on him.

" Mishti  meri family mein Maa..aur tumhaari family mein..Massi maa  aur Shreya maa ke alaava shayad koyi mujhe pasand nahin kartha.... especially Shourya uncle...and your step dad ofcourse..aur tumhaari daadi.....kisi ek ka na humare zindagi kii khushiyan cheen sakthe Hein Mishti.. in sab se kya hum lad paayenge? pata nahin ek dar sa baith gaya Hein dil mein ki kahin mein tumhein kho na doon"

"Haan.."

"Aisa lag raha Hein ki tumhein aise hi aankhon ke saamne hi rakhoo nahin toh tum ojhal ho jaaoge. Aur US mein aise traditional vibes kahaan milte Hein.I wanted to give you a dream wedding but....I have this feeling ki ... "

"Abiir ...I said yes.."

Mishti held him by shoulders and shook him lightly..

"huh....tum...you ..you are okay with this?!!!"

Now it as his turn to be stunned..never had he imagined that his Mishti will give in to this impulsive demand ..that too this easily.

" Tum sure ho na Mishti...I mean ..I never intended to pressure you..I know we planned this in a different way.."

Mishti.. lowered her eyes... trying  to stem her tears...not even understanding whether it as tears of joy or sadness...

Choti maa's words were echoing in her ears...and she wholeheartedly understood Abir's dread...she had spent whole night mentally preparing herself to live with out Abir..and the moment her eyes fell on him she had known that he was her next breath and the next....

Now Abir want to get rid of the fear that was plaguing her too...

"Tum ro kyun Rahi ho...I told you..tum abhi mujhe mana kar sakthi ho...no issues.. tumhein family ki permission chahiye toh we'll do that way..."

Abir felt like kicking himself...as he cupped her face and wiped off her tears...

Mishti nodded in negative and rubbed her eyes ...and held his face.

" I love you Abir...and I want to marry you ...Kal ...if you are sure."

She said as her fingers soothed the worrylines on his forehead...

The bone crushing hug she got in response was enough to know how happy she made Abir with her response.

Abir picked her up from the seat as such and twirled around as she held on to him tightly with the radiant smile shining through the tears of Joy..

                         *****

Ananya eyed Mishti as she helped her with the evening get-together..

" Tell me Mishti..tumhari dadi aur cousins ...how do you feel after meeting them?"

" Umm...I was totally dreading at the thought..but now after meeting them...dadi ,daadu..naksh bhayya and naira di...I feel good...you are so lucky that you had their love all these time..Di.."

" Aah...I just knew them as mumma's  sis in law's relation and you know the dynamics right...Dad and mum kept us connected..and on  rare occassions when we met she really seemed to miss you.."

" Well it's better late than never as everything is sorted out. I am happy for Badi maa..she really wanted this trip and she is happy...Kunal and Kuhu are taking  her out tomorrow with Varsha maa and Shourya uncle.."

Ananya nodded ..."aur tum? Kal mein toh poora parlour mein busy rahegi..you only made the appointments..tum bhi aa rahi ho na? Aur koi plans toh nahin banayi Hein na.."

Mishti turned away from Ananya..to hide her face from her...

" Day after tomorrow aapki shaadi Hein aur Neil ko pakka meri zaroorat hogi...so much supervising to be done ..kal toh poora packed Hein di..aapke friends honge aapke saath parlour mein..mein yahaan hotel services se kaam chala loongi..they do offer a good beutician "

Ananya smiled and pulled Mishti to her ..

"Thankyou dear..I really missed you all these years ..the both of you..and I am so very happy that my sisters are with me on my special day making it even more special..."

She smiled at Kuhu who as coming inside laden with jewellery boxes along with Kethu... chattering all along about her  plans for tomorrow..

The  evening was relaxed but  Mishti and EveTal coordinators had their hands full in organising games , kittyparties and leisurely engagement or the elders..
Kuhu rounded up Mishti and Kethu as all were getting ready for dinner..

" You know anything about Abir bro and Kunal being AWOL..?  Neil too...Aapko sab responsibilities deke Kahan chale gaye...Kabse Kunal ka phone try kar rahi hoon ."

" Mujhe nahin pata Kuhu..Nihal bhi gayab Hein...kahin boys Eve out toh plan Kiya nahin na ..may be they took some time off to chill...waise ma's pappa's dadi's ke beech hum bhi thoda restricted I feel kar rahe hein na...let them be .."

Kethu shrugged.

Kuhu pouted as Mishti evaded meeting their eyes...Abir had texted her earlier..

"miss me ..will see you later"

And she was strictly forbidden by Neil too..

" Kisise kuch mat kehna... I will handle everything"

" Batake toh jaana chahiye tha...boys have no concern that we girls are worried about them..and Mishti  tum.. itne chup chup kyun ho..."

Kuhu went on and Kethu sighed...

" Tum stress hoti ho to chup hi nahin ho jaati aur Mishti Teri opposite Hein...woh bhi Abir bro ko miss kar rahin hogi na.."

" Ab tum donon chup ho jao ...just keep an eye on everyone ..mein Badi maa ko davai deke sulake aati hoon.."

Both girls nodded and Mishti walked hurriedly  towards the stairs.

" Ouch.."

" Aah.."

Mishti straightened her specs and looked at Jasmeet..

" Sorry I was  in a rush and didn't see you.."

Mishti apologised and started towards the stairs..

" Hey You...you r with the event management right.. Don't you think you are way out of league to get attention from a hunk like Abir...if I were you I'll be keeping away from possible insult you know.."

Jasmeet's words stopped Mishti in her tread..she took  deep breath to quell the resentment she felt to this single person from day one in the resort...

Jasmeet's smirk was greeted with cool and confident eyes..

" I am sorry we were not introduced properly..Yes .I am part of the event management but firstly I am Family..
Ananya Di is my sister.. and as to your warning...Abir is also part of my Family,my friend and my boss and .."

She paused and smiled sweetly at Jasmeet.

" If I were you I'll  really take in the back off and not interested vibes he gives you and keep away from the humiliation waiting to happen..Take care "

                     **********

Abir was silent as Neil drove the jeep and Nihal and Kunal sang cheesy songs enjoying their road trip..

" Bro..this is lit...I mean literally  an eve away from Kuhu's bakabak is so bliss.."

Nihaal elbowed Kunal playfully and Kunal chuckled.

" Haha..I know my Sis is sweet ...but you do agree na..Thanks Neil for thinking of this.."

" Not me brother...it was the great Abeer's idea.."

At Neil's sombre tone Kunal and Nihaal looked at each other in confusion..

" Bhai toh chupchap baitha Hein..I thought you dragged him away from Mishti and he is sulking for that..Abir bro what's all this about..?"

Abir looked at Neil and signalled him to stop the Jeep.

"Abeer .. What's the matter? You look very tensed ..tell us na."

Nihaal asked with concern.

" Neil you know what's going on ryt...spill out Yaar ..itna sannata kyun Hein..?"

Kunal looked at Neil a bit accusingly but Neil nodded neutrally and pointed to Abir who was standing still by the lakeside.

" I want to marry Mishti ... tomorrow.!"

The pin drop silence that followed as breached by  bird shriek....

" Wait  minute does that mean You already proposed Mishti and ..."

Kunal's pause was filled by Nihal.

" And She accepted.."

Both looked at Neil for confirmation who bowed casually

" Yeah and you are  looking at Their wedding planner who  organised both haldi and proposal.."

"Kamine..yeh sab hogaya tum itni der chup kaise Raha..?"

Nihal charged towards Neil as he turned and ran to the jeep.

Kunal rubbed his eyes to clear the happy mist in joy and ran to Abir..

" Congratulations to ME ..My best friend and my big brother.. going for it..This is the best news."

Abir turned and Kunal hugged him tight.

" But Bhai... tomorrow!!? And family..? what about Badi ma, Massi maa..and Mishti ki family..?"

Kunal's face expressed his acute concern over Abir's decision.

" I don't know Nanko... We don't know how all will react ..it will take time to bring ll of them o a same page . We both want a simple marriage and an Indian marriage. Tomorrow morning we have Ananya's Mehendi & Sangeet in the evening..Then after dinner You & Nihal get Mishti ,Kuhu and Kethu to the venue...We are going there now.You are okay with this ?"

" Done Bhai... I understand and I will be there with both of you."

" And me too.."

Nihal  patted  Abir's shoulders congratulating him.

" Well... we'll discuss further as we go to the place Abir selected for this elope marriage, which by the way is Mishti's choice when we were brainstorming for simple and elegant Indian shaadi."

Abir smiled .

" And he shared it with me the moment I said I can't wait to marry her..!"

As they resumed their ride..

" Kuhu is gonna flip yaar..She is losing ut on the biggest Hance to deck up Mishti.."
Kunal sounded regretful as Neil and Abir shared a smile.

"No way Bro . wedding attire is being selected by Kuhu only...I told her  that I need her help with  one of my client and she looks somewhat Iike Mishti..so that's in transit and will be delivered tomorrow to the venue by the time we reach there. I don't want to take panga with Kuhu in her sis's wedding.Your cross yaar.. bear it with a smile."

Neil chuckled and Kunal winced.

" Aah Great..Nihaal bro...thoda first aid bhi arrange karna mereliye.."

" You think I'll be spared  by Kethu... after you she'll turn to me...if I am n any good condition I'll look at you."

Nihaal's words lit the laughter and Abir felt a lightness in his heart..

Everything is going to be fine....

               **********
I know this one was long overdue but guys now that everything is back to normal ,work pressure plus home duties are keeping me busy . Do bear with any mistakes and let me know how you like this chapter. I will try my best to update soon..
Love you all
Be safe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 461 3
A three-shot on MishBir.
53.4K 4.6K 27
Peep in...... If you want to read an unique love story of mishbir
5.9K 410 5
After suffering the unthinkable, Mishti & Abir try to work through their problems in their own melody of love.
1.4K 149 6
Hi Fandom, This is the story on journey of two haters to lovers. But the destiny choose something else for them. You have to read the story, to kno...