Ninjago: Year of the Snakes (...

By StraightAlly2001

Thus is a continuation of my Ninjago au series. I wrote this with the help of my co author @SailorNinja18 and... More

Sneak Peek
Prologue
Rise of the Snakes: Part 1
Rise of the Snakes: Part 2
Snakebit
Never Trust A Snake
Can of Worms
Update + New Cover Art
The Snake King
Tick Tock
Once Bitten, Twice Shy
The Royal Blacksmiths
The Green Ninja
All of Nothing
Rise of the Great Devourer
Day of the Great Devourer

Home

456 10 20
By StraightAlly2001

At the Monastery of Spinjitzu with Wu is meditating and he hears the ninja arguing.

Kai yells, "My turn! Uh, it's my turn!"

Cole says, "Oh, you want a little more? Take this!"

Jay asks, "Yeah? How about a little of this?"

Kai yells, "Monkey paw to the head!"

Cole shouts, "Ninja, roll!"

Wu goes to the video game room and to his suprise he finds that none of the ninja are there.

Jay yells, "Dragon punch!"

Wu goes to the training compound and is shocked to see that the ninja are actually training. Jay is deflecting arrows with his weapon, Cole is practicing on the dummies and Morro is practicing his balancing skills by balancing on the roof. Kai is practicing his Spinjitzu and Zane is meditating.

Kai shouts, "Ninja, go!"

Zane suddenly gets up from his meditation process and disturbs the other ninja. He starts by jumping in front of Jay. "Hey! Huh?"

He steals Cole's weapon for the dummy test. "Hey! What?"

Zane yells, "Ninja, go!" and his Spinjitzu freezes the whole compound, causing Kai to slip."Woah, oof."

Kai, Jay and Cole regroup.

Kai says, "This roof isn't big enough for the four of us."

Cole sighs, "Correction: This roof isn't big enough for him."

Jay says, "It's like he's in his own world." and raises his voice shouting, "I bet he can't even hear us!"

Wu approaches the three disturbed ninja and Morro who had been watching all of this jumps off from the roof joining Wu and the other ninja.

Kai says, "Sensei, Zane's... weird."

Wu asks, "What is weird? Someone who is different or someone who is different than you?"

Cole replies, "No, Sensei. He's 'weird' weird. Once he came into the bathroom to do his hair while I was using the bathroom like I wasn't already in there, I was so embarrassed!"

Jay says, "Yeah, well once me and Nya were watching a romantic movie and Zane started laughing at a sad scene."

Kai asks, "You think that's weird? One night I was getting a late night snack and when I opened the fridge, Zane was sitting it!"

Morro replies, "I agree that Zane acts a bit... unusual... but he's never judged you guys for anything you do."

Kai says, "We like the guy. He's really smart. He's just..." and sighs "a little off sometimes."

Wu says, "Zane is a brother and brothers are often different. I should know."

The Postman then arrives the Monastery with the ninja's mail.

Kai, Jay, and Cole yell, "Mail!" and they all run excitedly to the door.

The postman pants and says, "Let's see. A letter from Jay's parents." Jay grabs the mail. "Kai has a fan letter." and Kai grabs the mail. "Oh, something from Cole's father."

Cole grabs the mail and asks, "What, no package? I'm expecting something from Creatures, Beasts, and Beyond."

The postman replies, "No. Nothing from...uh-uh. Here it is!" and he hands a box to Cole who says, "Ha! Rocky's gonna love this!"

Zane walks sadly, which Jay notices, "Hey, Zane. How come you never hear anything from your parents?" and Zane replies, "I don't remember my parents. I've been an orphan all my life."

Kai looks at Zane in suprise and asks, "You mean you've never had a home?"

Zane just shakes his head timidly in reply which makes Morro frown since he had been the same when he was younger, before Wu took him in and adopted him, and Wu says, "The Monastery is your home now." before Zane sadly walks away.

____________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile Skales is spying through Cole's eyes.

Cole is seen in the Dragon cabinets with his package, which he opens to reveal meat.

Cole says, "Liver and toads, Rocky. Your favorite." and feeds his Dragon. "Mm-hmm."

Skales is showing this to one of his fellow Hypnobrai scouts, Rattla.

Rattla says, "I can't believe you hypnotized one of the ninja." and asks, "Does the General know?"

Skales replies, "Of course not, but I plan to use it for my best interest."

Slithraa then approaches Skales and says, "Everyone works while you two slack. As my second-in-command, I expect more from you, Skales."

Skales responds, "Yes, General. General, you know I am most loyal to you, but I must question this childish agenda. The ninja have stolen our staff yet you instruct your army to make this playhouse? Snakes don't belong in trees." and Slithraa says, "You know better than to question my judgement, Skales. I'll pretend you didn't ask."

Slithraa then hums in thought and says, "If we plan to rule Ninjago from here, this elevator needs to have a trapped door. I want more booby traps!"

Skales was displeased as he replies, "As you wish, General." and walks away.

____________________________________________________________________

Back in the Monastery, the ninja are at the dinner table waiting for dinner.

Jay excitedly says, "Hmm. Oh, I love it when it's Zane's night to cook."

Lloyd nods in agreement, "Yeah! Zane's cooking is the best!"

Cole says, "Hey. I didn't hear any complains about my duck chowder last night."

Kai responds, "That's because it glued our mouths shut. You really thought Jay was speechless all throughout dinner?"

Jay says, "Yeah. Please don't make that again."

Morro decides to mess with Jay by saying, "Well, I for one found the quiet quite refreshing." and Jay glares at him.

Zane enters the dining room wearing a pink apron while holding some turkey. He says, "Dinner is served." and everyone starts laughing.

Zane asks, "What's so funny?" and Nya replies, "Zane. You're wearing a... Even I wouldn't wear that."

Zane asks, "You laugh because I take steps to ensure I'm clean after cooking?" and Kai replies, "Haha! No! We laugh because you came out wearing that ridiculous outfit!"

Morro then glares at Kai and elbows him, "Ow!"

Zane says, "I guess we don't share the same sense of humor."

Cole asks, "Well, how about this?" and throws a plate full of shrimp on Kai's face which causes everyone except Zane to laugh.

Cole asks, "How could you not find that funny?" before Master Wu pours soup onto Cole's head, "Ah!"

Wu says to Zane and Cole, "Now you are brothers." and a food fight erupts, but this still confuses Zane.

Nya utters, "He looked so cute in it."

________________________________🌕__________________________________

Later, Zane is shown to be taking out the trash when a Falcon appears on a nearby tree. The Falcon starts copying every one of Zane's moves until it flies off and Zane decides to follow it. The Falcon leads him to Slithraa's treehouse fortress, heavily guarded by the other Serpentine where he hears Slithraa shout, "Put your backs into it!" The Falcon then signifies Zane that he found what he needed to find and Zane smiles saying, "Thank you, my mysterious friend."

________________________________⛅__________________________________

The following day, Zane is shown to lead his team towards the fortress.

Kai says, "I don't even think Zane knows where he's going."

Morro asks, "Uh, tell us again how you stumbled upon the Serpentine's headquarters?"

Zane replies, "I followed a bird."

Jay asks, "Why did you follow a bird?"

Zane replies, "Because it danced."

Jay says,"Oh...okay." before he jokingly asks, "Was it a cuckoo bird?" and everyone except Zane laughs with Jay uttering, "The bird." before they all finish laughing.

Zane not realizing Jay was joking replies, "Of course not. Everyone knows cuckoo birds are not indigenous to these forests." and the ninja are stunned by the fact before continuing to follow Zane to the treehouse where they can hear Slithraa yell, "Watch it! No, bigger! Come on, we don't have all day! It's not time for a lunch break."

Cole gasps in suprise, "Holy cannoli, Frosty was right!"

Kai says, "We can't let those snakes get a foothold of Ninjago."

Moro nods in agreement,"We gotta destroy that thing before it becomes operational."

Jay utters, "Whoa!" and asks, "Are you sure? It looks like a pretty cool treehouse. There's a ropes course... Ooh, a tree swing!"

Cole says, "Hey! Remember who's team you're on." and asks, "Alright, guys. What do we do?"

Morro replies, "It looks like the entire place is being supported by those three trees."

Kai continues, "Once those ties are severed, the whole is gonna fall like a house of cards."

Zane asks, "But why would one make a house of cards? Such construction would be careless." and Kai whispers, "Oh, brother."

Morro says, "Remember to not be seen, as ninjas we must use the element of stealth to our advantage."

Cole nods in agreement and says, "Travel in shadows, boys."

The ninja sneak up as Kai severs a rope and uses it to swing into the treehouse with Morro following using his glider to fly into the treehouse. Cole uses the elevator while Zane and Jay climb up a tree, but he loses balance. However, Zane catches Jay before he can fall, "Gotcha."

Soon, the five ninja are near Slithraa who chuckles and says, "It's almost finished. Soon, my fortress will be complete. You! Hold up that sign for me!" He then tests a booby trap on a Hypnobrai soldier to see if it works. It works and sends the soldier crashing to the floor which makes Slithraa laugh, "Booby Trap!

When the ninja get to the top of the treehouse and reach for the poles, Jay shouts, "Ninja, go!" as he uses Spinjitzu to sever the first rope and Zane shouts, "Ninja, go!" also using Spinjitzu to sever the second rope before the tree house stumbles and sends everyone off flying to the ground.

Slithraa then looks for the reason why the treehouse stumbled until he spots Kai and Morro on top of the treehouse and Slithraa yells, "Attack!"

However, Skales yells, "Everyone! Retreat!" and the Hypnobrai start leaving the treehouse.

Morro says, "Cole! Wait till we're off the treehouse, then cut the line." and Cole nods in agreement.

Skales points at Cole and yells, "You! You will obey my every command."

Cole goes under the hypnosis and says, "I will obey your every command."

Morro shouts, "We need to get off of this treehouse right now!"

Jay asks, "Where's Cole?"

Kai yells, "This whole place is coming down!"

Cole, under the hypnosis, appears in front of the other ninja and says, "No one goes anywhere until you deal with me!"

Kai asks, "What's gotten into him?"

Zane replies, "He's under their control."

Jay says, "Yeah, well he better snap out of it quick because this whole place looks like it's about to go down!"

Morro groans in frustration and mumbles, "Great, just great."

____________________

Slithraa says to the Hypnobrai, "Don't go. We have to protect my treehouse fortress."

Skales asks, "Your treehouse?" and says, "It's about time we did this!"

Slithraa asks, "Did what?" and Skales uses one of Slithraa's boobytraps to trap Slithraa in a cage before he shouts to the other Hypnobrai, "Now, to get the staff!"

____________________

Cole still has the ninja cornered.

Jay says, "Okay, now come on. Friends don't hit friends." and Cole kicks Jay on the jaw. "Ow, okay. I-I-I-I'm gonna ignore that."

Kai asks, "What're we supposed to do? If I use my Sword, this place will turn up into flames faster than a tinder box."

Morro says, "We need to be careful so we can all get out of this in one piece."

Zane asks, "Isn't the anti venom in the staff?"

Jay replies, "Yeah, but the staff is back at the Monastery."

Cole knocks Kai off the top, but Morro saves him.

Zane shouts, "Jay! Use your Lightning! Try to shock him out of his trance!"

Jay says, "Oh, sorry, Cole, but this is gonna hurt you a lot more than it's gonna hurt me." and he shocks Cole, but that only makes him angrier.

Cole angrily knocks Jay off of the treehouse and Morro, Kai, and Zane yell, "Jay!"

Luckily, Jay manages to catch one of the ropes, but the treehouse continues to collapse and Jay shouts, "That is a serious safety hazard!"

Cole then goes on to try and sever the last rope with his teammates still on the rooftop.

Moro gasps and yells, "Cole! No!"

Kai shouts, "No, Cole! Don't!"

Zane yells, "No! No, Cole! No!"

Cole suddenly snaps out of the trance when the Sacred Flute is being played by Wu as he, Nya, and Lloyd go collect the ninja using Flame.

Cole was confused and asks, "Huh? Where-where am I? What are we doing?"

Nya replies, "We're getting outta here because this whole place is coming down!"

Cole hops on the Dragon and Morro, Kai, Jay, and Zane follow suit.

The ninja realize that it was the flute that had snapped Cole out of his trance. Kai's eyes widen, "That flute!" and Jay gasps, "It cancels their powers!"

Morro mumbles, "The sacred flute..."

Wu says, "It's as old as the Serpentine themselves. But we must hurry! The Monastery is unguarded! Quickly!

____________________________________________________________________

By the time the ninja return to the Monastery, it bursts into flames.

Kai says, "We're too late. Those snakes."

The other three Dragons cry for help.

Cole gasps, "Rocky!" and he quickly releases the Dragons to gain some fresh air.

Kai mumbles, "Our home."

Morro frowns looking at the burnt Monastery sadly, it had been the only home that he had known his entire life and now it was gone.

Zane turns to his dragon shouting, "Shard! Put this out!" and Shard freezes the burning flames.

They then look around at the burnt remains of the monastery.

Moro frowns sadly picking up a burnt up kite that Wu had given to him when he was a kid. Lloyd notices this and frowns, feeling bad for Morro.

Zane says, "The training equipment, gone."

Jay yells, "Our video games, gone!"

Wu points out, "They stole their staff back."

Cole asks, "What do we do now?"

Kai's sorrow quickly turns to anger as he turns to Zane and he angrily yells at Zane, "If you hadn't followed that silly bird, none of this would've happened!"

Wu utters, "Kai..."

Jay says, "No! Sensei, he's right." and yells at Zane, "Because of you, my high score has been deleted!"

Zane says, "This is a teaching moment. We must learn from this."

Cole asks, "A teaching moment? What's wrong with you? Don't you get it?" and yells, "Everything is gone!"

Morro angrily agrees, "Cole is right! The only home I have ever known is gone because of you!"

Wu shouts, "Enough! We're all at fault. Zane is your brother. Apologize at once." which causes the four ninja change emotion and they turn around to apologize to Zane.

Ka sighs and says, "I'm sorry, Zane. I..." but notices that Zane has disappeared.

Jay looks around and says, "Zane?"

Zane is shown flying on his Dragon.

____________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, the Hypnobrai return to the Hypnobrai Tomb and let Slithraa out of the cage.

Slithraa shouts, "Enough! I am the General! You will return my staff at once!"

Skales replies, "No."

Slithraa yells, "You dare challenge my command?!"

The Hypnobrai then start chanting, "Slither Pit! Slither Pit! Slither Pit! Slither Pit!"

Skales says, "I guess we'll have to fight for it... in the Slither Pit!" and the Hypnobrai cheer as Skales and Slithraa prepare for the fight.

Mezmo announces, "Winner gets the staff and leads the tribe! You know the rules. There are none, but in the Slither Pit, whatever I say goes. Alright, fight!"

The fight is evenly fair on the first round, but Mezmo soon shouts, "Two weapons!" and he lowers a weapons rack containing weapons made of ice. Slithraa takes a pick-axe and a shield while Skales takes two katanas. Slithraa throws the pick-axe at Skales, but Skales dodges it.

Next, Mezmo shouts, "Side winder!" and the arena is tilted causing the two snakes to start sliding.

Slithraa then tries to hypnotise Skales, but Skales kicks him to stop the hypnosis and Skales does a move that dizzies Slithraa before he kicks him on the ground.

Rattla shouts, "He used Fang-Kwon-Do!"

Slithraa doesn't get up, giving the victory to Skales and Mezmo yells, "We have a winner!"

Skales gains a tail and General markings while Slithraa degrades to Warrior markings and his tail is replaced with legs.

Hypnobrai start chanting, "Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales! Skales!"

Skales shouts, "You will be loyal to me now!" and Slithraa bows replying, "I will do as you command."

____________________________________________________________________

The ninja are sitting on the Mountains of Impossible Height, trying to gain their spirits.

Kai asks, "Wh-what are we eating again?"

Cole replies, "Mud newt. Not bad for something that lives underground."

Morro becomes disgusted. "What?" and spits out the piece he was eating before throwing away his portion.

Jay throws a rock into a can and shouts, "Yeah! A new high s-sc-score!"

Wu says, "Remember, we must be thankful for what we still have."

Morro asks, "What do we have? Our home is gone."

Lloyd shivers from the cold and Morro wraps his arm around him to keep him warm.

Kai says, "You know, I don't miss our home. What I really miss is Zane."

Jay agrees, "Yeah. I miss Zane."

Nya asks, "Zane?"

Jay replies, "Yeah, Zane. You know. White Ninja. The smart, strange one."

Nya says, "No." and points ahead yelling, "Zane!"

They all yell, "Zane!"

They all run to Zane.

Jay sighs in relief, "Zane. We're so sorry for everything we've said. We're a team and that means we're all responsible."

Zane says, "You don't need to apologize to me."

Kai asks, "But what about all those awful things we said? Isn't that why you left?"

Zane replies, "Of course not. I saw the Falcon again and I followed him."

Cole says, "That's our Zane." and they all hug Zane.

Nya says, "We're happy to have you back."

Zane asks, "Why? Is it my turn to make dinner?" and everyone starts laughing.

Wu replies, "Yes, Zane. We would love for you to make dinner."

Morro looks back at Cole's mud newt and says, "We would 'definitely' love for you to make dinner."

Lloyd's stomach growls and he nods in agreement.

Zane says, "But I already made it. Come. I want to show you what I've found. I think you will all be pleased."

They were all confused, but follow Zane to the Sea of Sand and Zane says, "I can't explain it, but I feel a strange connection with the Falcon. I think he's trying to help show us the path we need to take."

Zane then shows them the Destiny's Bounty.

Zane says, "Our new home." and everyone is surprised by this revelation.

Jay sniffs the air and asks, "Do I smell pie?"

Zane replies, "Cobbler berry. Oh, and I made myrtle berry and apple and-"

Kai, Nya, Jay, Cole, Morro, and Lloyd race to the Bounty before Zane could finish talking.

Wu smiles saying, "I'm proud of you, Zane. One day, I promise. We will find your family."

"But I've already found them." Zane replies.

Wu says, "I feel there's more to you than meets the eye. There's something special about you, Zane."

Zane asks,"Sensei, will I become the Green Ninja?"

Wu replies, "It's too early to tell, but if it's in your path, you'll know. Come now. It would be a shame to let them to eat all that pie."

After Wu, Nya, Lloyd, and the ninja enjoy dinner and another food fight, they all went to bed.

Lloyd's time at Darkly's was more than a bad influence on him. Being abandoned and shunned was definitely not a good start to his time there. So it came to no surprise that he had a nightmare.

Morro had been sleeping soundly in his own room until he heard a knock on his bedroom door. So, he gets up and opens it only to see Lloyd standing there, "Lloyd? Is everything ok? Why aren't you in bed?"

"I had a nightmare, can I sleep with you tonight?" Lloyd asked holding onto the door.

Morro smiles softly and says, "Sure thing little cousin." before stepping aside so he can come in.

They then climbed into bed and Lloyd spent the night cuddled up to Morro. Morro also decided to ask his father in the morning if he could share his room with Lloyd before they both fall asleep in their new home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 37.8K 89
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
21.1K 737 8
based on that one tweet but basically Phil and Grian are bros fluff ensues. Also i have no idea where imma go with this fic so theres no planning ๐Ÿ‘ ...
301K 7.4K 25
(MY FIRST WRITING PROJECT, WILL CONSIST OF CRINGY WRITING + PLOT, SOME CHAPTERS ARE EDITED TO WORK BETTER. BUT, PLEASE BARE WITH ME, AS I HAVE MANAGE...
1M 18.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...