In the Middle of the Night (H...

By Hunters_Bitxh

~These burning flames, these crashing waves, wash over my like a hurricane, I captivate, you're hypnotized~ Y... More

- Playlist! -
1. Hug me!
2. Are You Bored Yet?
3. Hidden In the Sand
4. Cotton Candy Skies
5. Teenagers
6. Last Friday Night
7. Mad Hatter
8. We Fell in Love in October
9. High School Sweethearts
10. Fly Me to the Moon
11. Hayloft II
13. Homage
14. Despair
15. Solider, Poet, King
16. The Record Player Song
17. Pity Party
18. Sweet Hibiscus Tea
19. Not allowed
20. Pumped up Kicks
21. Backstabber
22. Sports
23. Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
24. My Ordinary Life
25. My Strange Addiction
26. Masquerade
27. Two Birds
28. Mr. Loveman
29. Butterfly's Repose
(Extra) Blow My Brains Out
(Extra 2) Training Wheels
30. Ship in a Bottle
(Extra 3) Careless Whisper

12. Light Switch

2K 47 92
By Hunters_Bitxh

Previously,
Hunter's Pov:

I gave in and I laid down while hugging her back tightly. "I guess I can stay a little longer." I smiled. I mean I'll just leave at around 4 so I can be there bright and early. She rested her head on my chest. I heard her softly snoring and I started to play with her hair. I felt like I was about to go to sleep as my eyes slowly closed.

-Light Switch-

~Why you always wanna act like lovers? But you never wanna be each others~

Y/n's Pov:
I was making dinner when Luz pointed her square thing at me. "And this Mom is Y/n! She's like a big sister to me and she always cooks the best meals!" She explained. "Oh, hi, Ms. Noceda! We are taking good care of your daughter." I smiled at Luz and her device. Hooty came wiggling at Luz and I stopped him with a spin of my finger. She put her phone down and gave me a huge smile. I wanted to ask her how her mom was going to get these since the suitcase was gone. I smiled back and I teleported to Boneborough using my staff.

~~~~~~

I was out in Bonesborough waiting for everyone to show up. I walked into a library while making sure I had (P/N) in my satchel. They were sleeping quietly and I smiled. I assumed they were doing a thing for the Emperor's Coven because there was a booth with Emperor merchandise. "Hey, where's Lilith?" I asked them knowing the answer. "Oh, she isn't here. The Golden Guard is in charge now." They told me. "Where is he?" I questioned the guard. "He isn't here. He is on a mission." They reported. "Hmm." I walked back outside.

I saw a huge bag on the weight next to a shop. I saw my mom talking to the store clerk and I run over to them."A single snail? Are you kidding me?!" Mom shouted. "Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't done yet." The demon broke it in half. "You can't do this to me. Do you know who I am?" She asked. "Yeah, you're Eda the Owl Lady. What are you gonna do? We all know you're powerless now."  He looked unfazed. She growled as she made a spell ring. She tried activating it but it didn't work.

"Well, you do know I was raised by the most powerful witch, and trust me, I can be mean. I will put you in hell, personally." I threatened him. "Okay, kid. Talk to me when you do." He shut his shop. I made a spell ring and I lit his tent on fire. "I don't need your pity! I was the most wanted criminal for years, you should fear me!" I turned around to see my mom holding her poster. A guy took it from her and shredded the paper.

Everyone started to walk away and I roll my eyes. Lily walked over to us. "Don't worry, sister. At least my image still commands respect and fear." She imitated a similar pose on the poster. The poster got attacked by a flamethrower. Poor Lily. King laughed. "You're a traitor!" King reminded her. Lilith marched over to the worker. "What's going on? This is anarchy. Who told you to do this?" Lily asked.

Updated posters flew onto the wall. It was Hunter in his golden guard uniform with his arms crossed. I took one off and folded it nicely. I slipped it into my bag and Luz noticed the posters. She took one off to analyze it. "The Golden Gaurd? Did you know him in the Coven, Lilith?" Luz asked. "Unfortunately, I did." Lilith took the poster out of her hand.

"He always got special treatment because he was the genius teen prodigy. But he's really just a brat." She crumpled up the advertisement. "If he's in charge, vomit." She threw it at the trash but it just came back and landed on her face. She tried taking it off but it looked glued on. She soon gave up and walked away. Luz pulled me and mom into her grasp. "Hey, I know! What we need is a confidence boost! Why don't we take on the biggest bounty we can find? It'll be great." She ran over to the wanted posters.

She looked at them until she turned around and showed us one. "Aha! There's something called a 'Selkidomus' ravaging boats up and down the coast. We'll be on a high-seas adventure!" She cheered. "Woah yeah!" I smiled as I went to Luz. "Hmm... No." Mom concluded. "What..? Why?" I moped. "We gotta keep a low profile while my powers are weakened. And we need fast cash. How about this guy?" She gestured to another sign. It was a pink demon with a lollipop in its hand.

"Oh wow, mom." I sarcastically said while crossing my arms. "No no no. I hear it's very dangerous." She gasped. "And look, there he is." She pointed to a crowd and the demon was standing there and he started to run away. I walked over to it and it was halfway climbing the statue. I climbed after it and I sat down when I got to the statue's arm. Luz was right next to me. "You'll never catch me." He claimed. He turned around and saw me.

"You did it. You caught me." He fell into my arms. I saw King crawl in my lap. I looked down to see my mom. "Things aren't looking great, Lily." Mom was talking to my aunt. "This bounty hunting stuff isn't putting food on the table." Mom explained. Lilith tried speaking but the poster was on her face. "Oh, I'm sure Luz can handle bigger bounties as long as Y/n's there. Y/n can even handle them alone if she wanted to. But if we wanna eat we don't have the luxury to mess up even once." Mom told her.

Lily started to mumble again. "No apple blood. I spent the money on griffin eggs for Luz and fairy pies for Y/n." She got into the carriage. "There's not a lot she can digest here, so I make sure to have her favorites around. And Y/n loves her fairy pies." Mom left with Lily. "That's rough buddy." The pink demon sniffled. King took his candy and pushed him off the sculpture. I jumped off and I caught Luz. I put her down and I caught King in my arms and I watched the pink demon run away.

"This is awful. Eda wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for me. Maybe it would be better if I never came here." Luz looked at her hands. "I can't change the past, but I can still change the future!" Luz looked at me. I knew exactly what she was thinking and I wanted in. "So, let's go!" I cheered. "Yeah!" Luz gave me a high-five.

~~~~~~

I had on black pants with matching knee-high black boots on. I have an oversized white shirt with semi-puffy sleeves on but it was managed by a black and gold corset. That was paired with my golden necklace Hunter got me. I had my satchel on my waist that was filled with potions and my palisman. Luz gave me a big triangle hat and told me, 'Oh, you're going for a pirate outfit? Can you please wear this with it?' so, of course, I had to. I had King on my shoulder and the wanted poster of the Selkidomus in my hands.

We were walking to the ship and Luz examined me one more time. "I can't believe you went for a pirate look! I should have thought of that." She told me. "What is that? And do I really look like that?" I asked her. "It's nothing important but yeah you do! Don't worry it's a good thing." She elbowed me gently. We got to the (what I assume) the captain and I slammed the poster on the barrel in front of him. "The Selkidomus hunt. We want in." I told him.

The ship's horn boomed in the background. "You think you two can handle this, squirt?" He asked. "We can handle anything," Luz told him. He gave us headbands and we went onto the ship. Luz put her headband on and I handed her my big (and unnecessary) hat as I put on my headpiece. It was blue with a fish on the front. I put my hat back on and Luz had on a big smile. "What?" I asked her. "Just stand there for me please." She backed up and took out her glowing rectangle. She stood there for a minute before running back to me.

~Time Skip~

We were by the front of the boat admiring the waves. "When we defeat the Selkidomus and get a boatload of snails, Eda won't have to worry about money for a long time," Luz concluded. "And I will be able to cook whenever and whatever I want," I added. "King want a cracker." King shared over my shoulder. Luz started to go all weird after he said that.

"Aww, he's like your little cute parrot." She told me. "What is that?" I asked her. "It's a bird but it's mostly associated with pirates." She informed me in a matter-of-fact tone. "All hands!" Salty announced. I learned his name cause someone said it in a conversation. "All right, crew. The Selkidomus has been ravaging the coastline. It was the last seen in the Simmering Shoals. You know the drill. 'Snag the quarry, get the money galore-y." He dropped a bag of snails. "We do all the work, we all get a cut." He told us. Everyone started to cheer and I joined it.

When everyone died down he started to talk again. "Till then, keep everything ship shape. This ain't no pleasure cruise." He pulled out a broom and a mop. He threw the broom at Luz and the mop at me. "Don't be a burden, sea squirts." He warned. "Oh don't worry about me." I smiled at him.

~~~~~~

He asked me to clean the floors but I made all the mops start to tidy the ground instead. I started to do a mini dance and the mops followed. After it was done I squeezed the mops over the ship so the extra water didn't go on the wet floor. I put them down and the captain gave me a thumbs up with a smile.

~~~~~~

He gave me a bag of bird food and I made a handful of some float. I put them in their respected bowls. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

~~~~~~

"Hold still Luz!" I shouted as I made a spell ring for flames. She was doing this awkward dance so I couldn't get the bug. I grabbed it from her back and threw it somewhere. Luz shivered from the previous feeling. "Well," Salty hits our backs. "Ye had me confront my own biases, and I got nothing but respect for ya now squirts. I mean, Sailors." He grinned.

"Thanks, Salty." I swung my arm over Luz's shoulder. "Yeah, you make us feel like a real part of the crew," Luz added. "Well, that's because you 'arr!" He laughed. Everyone started to cheer along with him. We hit a wave and I saw King fall and roll into a room. I chased after him and I caught the door before it closed. It closed once I got inside. King crawled into my arms. "King want a cracker," He told me. I noticed the 'Kraken Crisps' on the counter.

"Here, I'll pay Salty back later." I gave him a cracker and he left my arms as he munched on it happily. I noticed the envelope and the stamp planted on it. I put it by the light and it was the Emperor's Coven sigil. "Ain't no way..." I turn up the flame to see the room engulfed with Emperor Coven signs everywhere. "This ship belongs to the Emperor? King, we gotta leave, now." I picked him back up.

"I'm sorry, princess." I heard from behind me. My face got flustered knowing who it is. "But you won't have the chance." He added. "Oh, shit..." I mumbled.

~~~~~~

We landed on the beach Hunter just HAD to make an amazing and hot... I mean dramatic entrance. "That can still be arranged." He told Mom and Luz. "Y/n!" They both shouted. "Hey!" I waved. I was sitting down while I was cuddling King. I felt the bubble rise and I was off the ground. "Hello, criminals. What's about to happen should be relatively painless, if you just do what I say." He told them.

"And why would we do that?" Luz asked. "Because the only one that can do real magic is in a bubble." He said. I waved at them. "You don't know that." Mom claimed. "Maybe not, but I do know that you're standing on a plant that eats flesh." He shared. They looked down and ran from the plant and they started to hop around. Hunter laughed at their little dance. "Okay. The human will remain a sailor to repay all the money she lost, while the Owl Lady will be arrested... again! For attacking one of the Emperor's ships." Hunter explained. "Emperor's ship?" Luz questioned.

"They're the only ones worth robbing," Mom confessed. "So what are you gonna do with me Pretty Boy?" I teased. "I'll figure it out later." He avoided my question. I gasped a bit dramatically. "Why are you guys hunting the Selkidomus? It's a peaceful creature and you're provoking it." Mom asked. "The Emperor ordered me to slay one. I'm just following orders." He explained. "Oh like the good boy you are?" I asked him. He kept his eyes on the other two. King fell asleep in my arms. I put my hat over his face so it was dark for him. "Well, I'm just gonna smack you around a bit." She took off her arm and started to swing at Hunter.

He swiftly dodged her every hit and then tripped her. I winced. "Ouch," I mumbled. "Leave them alone!" Luz fired fireballs at Hunter but he effortlessly dodged those too. He made her fall too. "How about..." He takes the sand under them. "I leave you dangling above the Boiling Sea?" He put them over the ocean. "Oh come on Goldilocks, you don't be that mean!" I taunted him. "You're right." He confessed as he used his magic to bring them back.

"No one will have to be a sailor or get arrested if one of you follows those Selkidomus tracks and slays the beast." Hunter proposed. "Wow, you're just going to make them do your bidding?" I asked him. "Fine, I'll help." He summoned a golden sword. Luz gave him some puppy eyes and I smiled. I could never resist her puppy eyes. "You making this difficult." He rubbed his non-existent nose on the mask. "Go or I'll drown the girl and your bird." He put us above the water. "Woah Woah Woah sweetheart can't we just talk it out?" I asked him.

"Fine." Luz took the weapon and left. Mom followed along. Hunter finally put me over the sand and popped the bubble. He took his mask off and he look a bit mad. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "How am I supposed to do my job if you're doing whatever that was?" He questioned me. His face looked so pink. "Aww, you didn't like that, Golden boy?" I asked him. "I... Stop..." He covered his face with his hands. I laughed as I sat down on the ground. "Also what are you wearing?" Hunter examined me. "I am wearing a sailor's outfit," I told him.

"I don't think Sailors wear that." He confessed. "Well, they should." I crossed my arms. "Nope." He disagreed. "What? Why?" I asked him. "Cause no one can pull that off... Besides you of course." He told me. "Oh you know I can wear anything." I smiled. "So why are you here?" He sat down next to me. "Well, we lost our only way to get money so we need to get more... Creative," I fidgeted with my necklace. "Hm... Maybe Darius can help." Hunter proposed. "Darius? The Abomination Coven Head?" I asked. "Yeah, Darius and Raine are really nice," Hunter told me.

"Raine? How do you know them?" I looked up at him. "Oh, the Bard Coven Head is planning on retiring so Raine was planning on replacing him.  They've been around the Emperor's Castle." Hunter explained. "Can you see if I can meet them?! Mom told me all about them!" I pleaded. "Oh, yeah I can convince them to come with me next time." He smiled at me. I glanced at the gap in his teeth and I held his face. "Oh, my Titan your gap is adorable," I told him. "Huh really?" He turned red and took my wrists. He took them off his face and held them.

I looked at his hands and I realized I only saw them like once. They are always covered with his black gloves. "What's up?" Hunter snapped me back to reality. "Oh nothing, I was just thinking." I smiled. "Alright." He sounded doubtful. I just smiled at him.

~~~~~~

We kept talking until we saw the shadows of Mom, Luz, and the Selkidomus. "Well, back in the bubble you go." He told me as he put his mask back on. "What? No!" I whined. He put me in a red bubble anyway. He put King a separate one for some reason. They ended up defeating her and Luz walked to us holding what I think is the corpse. "Oh, that thing smells awful," Hunter complained. "Why are you touching it with your hands?" He pointed at her.

"Yeah, gross," I added. "Give me King and Y/n." She demanded. "Take them." He moved the bubbles towards her then they popped. I landed on my feet and I scooped up King and my hat. I planted it on my head and King rushed to my shoulder. "Thank you for your service. You can find your own way home." He walked to where the sand and water met. "And try to stay out of trouble. The Emperor is not a merciful man." He said in a semi-scary tone. It quickly changed to a cheery one afterward. "Byeee!" He used his staff to teleport away.

Luz blew raspberries and I giggled. I looked behind me to see a huge body of greens. Mom was sitting on the ground making light glyphs. It reminded me of Luz when she first made them. I walked over to her and I sat next to her. Luz was standing in front of us. "My first glyph. Did I do good?" Mom looked so cheerful. "Yeah, you did great," Luz told her. I heard a whistle and I look behind me. There was a baby Selkidomus and the momma wadding to us.

"Aw, who are you?" I pet the baby. "Wait, what is that?" King asked. "Don't worry King. Once the mother saw we weren't a threat to her baby, she calmed down." Mom got up and turned to the animal. "This area is dangerous. You need to move further out into the sea." Mom advised. The Selkidomus nodded and started to gag. I backed up as the creature vomited selkigris. Mom wrapped me and Luz into a side hug. "Hot dang! It gave you the treasure of the sea!" Mom shouted. "Gold? Tuna?" Luz assumed. "It's selkigris, Luz. Ah, people pay big money for it at the Night Market." Mom scooped two handfuls of it.

She didn't give it a second thought to rub it on our faces. "Ah feel that money, ladies." She had a wide smile. I however wasn't and I don't think Luz was either. "Ew stop, Mom." I tried pushing her wrists away. "Luxuriate in it!" She added. "Eda!" Luz wailed. "What you don't like to luxuriate? There's a whole pile of luxury right here." She looked at me and threw me in. "Mom!" I laughed. "Move over." She jumped in the pile next to me.

~~~~~~

We got home and the door was already open. "We're home." I walked in and immediately tripped on Hooty. "Hooty!" I yelled. "Oh hey, Y/n!" He turned to me. "Guys come here, I have a gift for you." Lilith helped me up. She pushed us to the table where there was a purple potion. Hooty was injured with firebee stings everywhere. "To prove that I'm trustworthy, I'm giving you a peek inside the Emperor's castle."

The potion revealed the guards standing in a line. "Sup?" One guard said. "Sup?" The other one across nodded their head. "Uh... What is this Lilith?" I asked her. "Whatever you want. Don't you see? These troops don't know what to do with themselves. So go crazy. Pull whatever pranks your heart desires." She laid down on the couch. "They're clueless without me." She added.

"Oh, Lily, you couldn't have been more right. And that Golden Gaurd, what a chump." Mom chuckled. "Oh, I'm in a good mood. Who wants to get takeout and draw faces on Hooty?" Mom proposed. "I do!" I shouted. "Me too!" King commented. He climbed into my arms. "All right, what do we wanna eat?" She asked. "Anything but seafood," Luz said. "Crackers!" King yelled. "We're not ordering crackers." Mom told him. "Bees!" Hooty shouted.

"Oh, Y/n, the Blight siblings are in your room." Lilith pointed out. "Um... What?" I asked her. I rushed upstairs and slammed the door open. "Why are you running?" Emira was on my bed reading a book and Edric was looking at my jewelry. They both had their green hair tied up and had face masks on.  "How long have you been waiting for me?" I asked them. "That doesn't matter." Emira grabbed something and Edric sat next to her. "Want a face mask?" Edric takes out a pouch of thin masks. "Sure." I take one and I apply on my face. "I'll go get the cucumbers!" Emira put the book down and dashed out the door.

~1:42~

I got up to switch a human movie from 'Disney'. Luz said it was called, Aladdin. "What is this movie?" Emira asked. We didn't have our masks anymore but we can a buffet of snacks. Emira was on the left. I had a seat in the middle and Edric was on the right. "Oh, it's a human movie," I explained. Emira smiled and grabbed a pillow. I took my palisman out and they flew around. I was going onto my bed but I heard something hit my window. I was about to go to it but it opened suddenly. I saw a brown tube and I ducked. Something got thrown into my room and I look behind me.

"If Hooty throws me again. I will strangle him." Hunter threatened. He was wearing his golden guard outfit and his staff was barely in his hand. "Let me help you." I grabbed his hand and I took his staff. My palisman landed on my shoulder. He got up and took off his uniform. He strangely was wearing a white shirt with a black vest under it. I noted how a few of his shirt buttons were undone.

"Wanna come watch the movie with us?" I asked him. He looked at my bed and back at me. "Sure why not." He smiled. "Wait, pause!" Edric shouted. I turned to him. "You know he is the Golden Gaurd?" Edric asked. "Um, yeah? Why?" I crossed my arms. "You know he goes against like all of your beliefs, right?" Emira asked him. "That doesn't matter right now." I shook the idea off.

I sat down and grabbed a pillow to hold. The snacks started to spill a bit. Hunter sat down between me and Emira. He fixed the snacks and put a bowl on his lap. "What are we watching?" Hunter asked. "Oh, this movie is called 'Aladdin.' Luz said it was really good." I explained. "Hm..." He took a bit of Hex Mix out of the bowl. I noticed Hunter and Emira were whispering occasionally.

~~~~~~

After the movie the Blights were asleep. My owl was now snuggled into Hunter's hair. I groaned and I got my sleeping bags out. "Oh, this is what we are doing..." Hunter mumbled. I look over at him and he had the twins over his shoulders. "Oh, my Titan, Hunter!" I whispered-shouted. I took Ed and put him on the bag. Hunter did the same with Emria. "Anyways..." I sit back down. "Oh is the Blight and the human dating yet?" Hunter asked. I heard about their grom dance and I have shipped them ever since.

"Oh, Luz will update me tomorrow," I told him. I glanced at his scar and I touched my cheek. That must have hurt. "Hm, here follow me." Hunter took my hand. My eyes widened and I smiled widely. He smiled back and he guided me out of my room.

~~~~~~

"We are almost here..." Hunter was still holding my hand. My palisman was flying around us. We reached the top hill by the ocean. It was hidden by hundreds of trees. On the ground were so many flowers like orchids, poppies, and forget-me-nots. I could hear the waves crash into the hill from afar. "Oh, why'd you bring me here?" I let go of his hand and I looked around. "Well..." I looked back at him to see him suddenly flustered and he was avoiding eye contact. I tilted my head in confusion. "I know it isn't Grom but will you dance with me?" He held his hand out. "But I'm not even dancing ready!" I smiled slightly. I was still wearing what I wore to the ship.

"It doesn't matter," He assured me. I took his hand and he pulled me close to him. I noticed the necklace I gave him and I fidgeted with it. I heard music and I look around. I spotted a pair of twins and my owl with a radio. "What are you guys doing?" I burst into a fit of laughter. "Don't mind them. They insisted they come. They promised they leave after a few minutes." Hunter rolled his eyes. I laughed a bit more before resting my hands on his chest. He took one of my hands and twirled me around. He put his hand on my waist and held me close to him. He guided me as he danced. I studied my footsteps so I didn't step on his feet.

"Y/n you aren't supposed to look at your feet while dancing," Hunter advised. I felt him pick me up and he spun around. When he put me down I put my hands back on his chest. I couldn't help but smile at him. He didn't look nervous anymore cause he was looking right at me. "Since when do you do things like this?" I asked him. "I don't know I thought it would be relaxing after a long day. I saw you helping around the ship. You did a great job. You were also dancing on the ship if I recalled." He told me.

"Oh well I also saw you working and you were... Flashy." I struggled to try to find a good word. He chuckled. "Flashy?" He questioned. "Yeah!" I smiled back. "Hold on." He warned. "Wha-" I didn't know what he was talking about until he dipped me. I yelped and wrapped my arms around his neck. He brought me back up and I smacked him in the chest.

"You are ridiculous!" I told him. He just laughed and smiled widely exposing the small gap in his teeth. I laugh along with him and then the music stopped. "Well, wasn't that fun?" Hunter asked me. "Too bad it's over," I whined. "How about after work tomorrow we do the same thing? If you remember where this is of course." He teased. "I'll find it someway or other." I traced circles on his vest. "Now unlike you, I need rest. I'll see you tomorrow, pretty boy." I winked at him and I turned around. I whistled and my owl came flying back to me. They landed in my hands and turned into a staff.

I felt a grip around my waist behind me and Hunter put his head on my neck. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "Nothing. I just wanted one more hug." He told me. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Yeah yeah, I need to go home," I told him. He let go and I waved goodbye as I teleported home.

[Word Count: 4832]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 46 13
"You bewitch me every damn second you're with me. I try to think straight but I'm falling so badly, I'm coming apart. You wrotе me a note, cast a spe...
625 38 27
𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 Hunter was young, Emperor Belos declared him as the crown prince of the Boiling Isles-everyone knew that. 𝐻𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟, that all change...
51.8K 927 38
You were regarded as a weird child in kindergarten. Weren't all the kids strange though? Despite the number of weird kids in your general class and g...
12.6K 480 19
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/73UnmeSszK5TZLPFArx7sF?si=0913035db1fe46ff "If I joined the Emperor's Coven, could we kiss?" Y/N doesn't consider t...