Just Roommates

EchoMyVoice tarafından

"When the new semester started, he was definitely not the person I expected to move in..." We have heard of F... Daha Fazla

Characters Aboard~🖤
The Mafia Families ⛓🖤~
2| Sadist
3| Fuck Buddies
4| Ambush
5| Steamy
6| Tracking
7| A Delusion
8| Blue Springs
9| Another Member
10| Just because you aren't mine yet
11| Locked out
12| Connect
13| The First Thing
14| Cullen
Vincent Evans

1| Caffeine Overload

1.4K 20 26
EchoMyVoice tarafından

"Can you get me another Iced Americano with two pumps of-"

"-of Caramel syrup, I know Evans" Arlo groaned handing me the drink and I grinned.

"I hope you are aware that this is your fourth, no, fifth Americano right?" he asked me and I nodded, slurping the drink, and staring at the books in front of me.

"I have four assignments due this week Arlo and I have to complete them by tomorrow" I told him, flipping the page.

"Suit yourself. Next shift is yours, just reminding you Caffeine addict" he winked and I chuckled.

I turned my attention back to my books, reading peacefully when the jingle of bell on the door suddenly disrupted my focus. I looked at the door and see three girls giggling and pushing each other in my direction. I sighed and turned back to my assignment, solving the problems.

Wherever me and Arlo were, there were bound to be people trying to get our attention.

After a while I looked up, tired and saw the girls sitting directly infront of me, either pretending or failing miserably to study.

"Hey" one of them smiled and I smiled back, making all three of them squeal.

I closed my books and put them in bag, getting up and stretching my legs.

How long had I been studying for?

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder but froze when I looked at the cafe. The whole place was completely filled up with up with students wearing the classic UCLA jackets.

"Uh-Arlo?" I whispered awkwardly walking to my best friend and he looked at me smirking," Yes Vesper".

"Why are they all here?" I asked him, my face flushing and he clicked his tongue.

"Sandy accidently told her friend that you worked here so yeah, that's pretty much why they are all here. Oh, I can also confirm one hundred percent that they all have been staring at us more than their books" he laughed and I kicked his ankle.

"I will kill Sandy!" I whispered furiously, putting on my apron and wrapping it tightly around my waist.

"Do you want to have dinner with me and Sam?" Arlo asked me, taking off his apron and I shook my head.

Arlo was taller than me, he had really pretty light brown eyes that turned a beautiful amber in the sun, his hair a pale blond. Also his amazing jawline and beautifully toned muscles made him quite a sight to look at.

"I have assignments to finish" I told him and he sighed, "I will never understand why you care so much about credits"

"Do you really want me to tell you why?" I laughed, cleaning the counter with a rag and he shook his head.

"Then I guess Sam and I will proceed with our plans " he picks up his bag and hands me his apron.

"Yeah, plans to fuck" I laughed and he glared at me before walking out of the café.

As the night progressed, people slowly started to pack their bags and leave, and I cleaned the tables, and occasionally, making the orders for someone asking for a drink.

After most of the crowd was gone, I took out my books once again, and just like before, spread them out, reading and solving, in peace and quiet of the amazing night.

📚

"Welcome, what can I get ya?" I muttered sheepishly, my attention still on my books as a shadow fell over the counter.

"Can I get a brownie and a hot cup of milk?" an extremely sexy voice said, making me immediately look up from my books.

In front of me stood a tall guy with light caramel skin. His eyes were the stormiest blue, or rather gray, I had ever seen and his hair was jet black with hints of silver highlights in it.
He had high cheekbones and a chiseled jawline, making me immediately compare him to Arlo.

"Yeah sure" I whispered, tearing my eyes away from him and walking over to the kitchen.

"What are you studying?" he asked me.

I turned my head and saw him peering over my notes.

The pastel blue hoodie he wore, hid his figure but the way the veins showed on his hands, made it definite that he wasn't the one to fool around in gyms.

"Nothing, just some work from college" I told him, heating up the brownie and drizzling some chocolate sauce on it.

"Here, that would be-"

He put the money on the counter then, taling his order, sat down on the table directly infront of me.

I put away the money and went back to studying.

"Which college do you attend?" he asked me after a while and looked up from my book.

"Er-" I stammered, racking my brain to find the answer.

Wait, what was the name of my college?!

"Excuse me, but, did you forget which college you attend by any chance?" he laughed.

"No! Of course not! You asked me such a random question when I am clearly preoccupied!" I said defensively, masking my embarrassment.

I think for another few seconds before blurting "UCLA" out.

"Oh really? I will start going there from tomorrow!" he exclaimed.

"Good for you" I curtly said, picking up my book again.

Come on take a hint and leave! I want to finish my last assignment before my shift gets over!

"What's you major?" the guy asked me and I groaned, wishing for the floor to open up and swallow me with my assignments.

"Hi, I am Vesper. I attend UCLA and I am a sophomore. My major is 'business management' and I have four very important assignments due this week so please let me work!" I snapped and then immediately regretted it.

What the fuck? Why did I say that?

"Cool" the guy muttered and went back to eating his brownie.

"I am so sorry I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine, I get annoyed when people disturb me too" he shrugged and I looked down at my book embarrassed.

"Just answer one last question, when do you get off?" he asked me and I stared blankly at his face.

When did I get off?

"At twelve" I looked at the clock on the wall.

"In an hour? Cool." he mumbled and pushed the tray on his side, putting his head down on the table.

"Wake me up when your shift ends" he instructed.

I sighed, picking up the tray and taking it back to the kitchen.

Usually we can't let anyone sleep or stay in the cafe for more than two hours without ordering or refilling but it was eleven in the hour and I doubt that even a ghost would be willing to walk here on a Sunday night.

After completing my assignments, I carefully marked and organized them inside my folder in order and putting it in my bag, zipped it shut.

As the clock showed 20 minutes to 12, I put away all the ingredients and the baked items in the refrigerator, locked the pantry, cleaned up all the tables and grabbing the mop, mopped the whole cafe.

I locked the cash register and was about to wake my unwanted customer up when I stopped in my tracks.

He lay his head on his folded arms, facing me, his black hair falling messily on his face and I had a stupid yet genius idea.

I still have ten mintues.

I grabbed my sketchpad from my bag and quietly pulling out a chair, sat in front of him.

I took out a graphite stick and started sketching the model like face infront of me.

As I sketched out his face, I realized how defined his jaw line actually was. I drew his full lips, nose and hair under five minutes but then the worst part came, his eyes.

No matter how hard I tried to sketch them, one eye was always more perfect than the other.

"Ughhhh I give up!!!" I groaned, flipping my sketchpad shut and shoving it into my bag in frustration.

When I looked back at the table, the customer was wide wide awake, his beautiful stormy eyes looking at me with curiosity as a amused smile played on his lips.

"You didn't wake me up" he noted.

"I was about to" I shrugged.

"What were you doing?" he asked me and I shrugged.

"Nothing?"

"I bet your sketchbook would say something otherwise" he chuckled and sat up. He yawned and stretched and then, without any warning, swiftly grabbed the sketchbook from my bag.

"Hey!" I complained and jumped up to snatch it back but he held it high above my head.

He was only a bit taller than me but still my hands couldn't somehow reach the sketchbook.

"Atleast let me see what you have sketched, I promise to give it back to you" he laughed and I glared at him.

"It's not complete yet" I huffed and he clicked his tongue before handing me the book back and sitting down on his chair again.

"Then complete it" he said flatly and settled down in the same position as before, closing his eyes.

"No I don't want to" I said and turned to leave but he grabbed my wrist.

"I took your assignment from you bag too, so if you want me to return it to you, complete the sketch" he smirked and I looked at him horrified.

"Wait, how?"

"Magic" he waved the folder infront of my eyes.

I rolled my eyes and sat back down, continuing the sketch but somehow, this time, I was able to make two identical eyes.

"Magic indeed" I chuckled under my breath and sketched his lashes.

"Okay, I am almost done" I told him after a few mintues, as I shaded in the shadows.

"You have really long eye lashes" I heard him say and I looked up to see his face right infront of mine.

"Uh-thanks" I put the sketchbook between us, showing him the sketch, and also, pushing him away from me.

"I am glad you completed it. You know, you should always complete what you start" he smiled and then without another word, walked out of the cafe.

I picked up my folder from the table, quickly putting it and my sketchpad in my bag.

"What a weirdo" I whispered and turned off the lights, locking the door behind me as I left the cafe.

As I walked past a dark alley, "I forgot your name, what was it again?" I heard the same sexy voice ask me and I jumped startled.

"What fuck, did you stalk me?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes.

"I was here before you" and I nodded.

He had a point.

"So?" he raised his brows.

"Vesper Evans" I told him and walked away, not willing to continue the conversation.

"My name is Caspian" he called out after me and I turned back.

"See you around then, Caspian" I waved and walked away.

What a weird night!

📚

"WhY CaN't I sLeEp?" I shouted, kicking my blanket in frustration as I got up.

Because you are high on a maniacal amount of caffeine, my brain answered for me.

"Thanks for sugarcoating it brain" I snorted and grabbed my phone from my night stand.

I saw the notifications for email, one from te UCLA student council and the other from our dorm warden, and I immediately clicked on them:

_From UCLAstud.council@gmail.com
Vesper Evans and Arlo Sage please host the orientation for the freshers for your major tomorrow @4pm.

Great, another thing for me to add to my already overwhelming list of tasks.

_From @JamesTueurton
Dorm 0809 to 1306 to please clean and prepare the rooms for the freshmen that would be joining the campus tomorrow.

#

19.07.2022

A/n: Hey Sugarcubes!!!

I am back with another BxB!!!

Thanks Calithea_Nirvana for helping me!

I hope you guys love it!!! ❤

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

253K 10.4K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...
141K 4.5K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
864K 38.5K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...