The Epic : In a different sit...

By Dr_Aim4

The epic Mahabharata thought in a different way... What if Karna and Pandavas got reunited? What if Draupadi... More

Acknowledgement
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The Truth
Part 2 : The Search
Part 3 : Known to younger clan
Part 4 : The unwelcomed welcome in Hastinapur
Part 5 : The Meet with Brothers
Part 6 : The Unfortunate Encounter
Part 7 : The Battle Of Truth
Part 8 : A Day With The Brothers
Part 9 : Love from the parents
Part 10 : Family Reunion
Part 11 : The Celestial Bond Of Friendship
Part 12 : Blooming Love
Part 13 : The Ceremony
Part 14 : The Impact Of War On Minds & Hearts
Part 15 : The War
Part 16 : Auspicious Occasion
Part 17 : The Danger Ahead
Part 18 : The Suspicion
Part 19 : The Danger Of the Forest
Part 20 : The Unparalleled Love
Part 21 : The Realisation And Proposal Of Love
Part 22 : The Unison Of The Lovers
Part 23 : The Anger
Part 24 : The Swayamvar
Part 25 : The Worst Politics
Part 26 : The Choice And The Decision
Part 28 : The Meet With Duryodhan
Part 29 : The Winner
Part 30 : Marriage Plans
Part 31 : The Impending Danger
Part 32 : The War For Survival
Part 33 : Teased By Family
Part 34 : Pre-marriage Vibes
Part - 35 : Clearing Of Doubts
Part 36 - Entrance Of Narada
Part - 37 : Continuation Of Flashback
Part 38 : Thoughts
Part 39 : Confrontation
Part 40 : Plans For Fight
Part 41 : Emotional Battle
Part 42 : Planning Of War
Part 43 : Useless Banter Of Brothers 🤭
Part 44 : Mother-Son Convo
Part 45 : The Bonds
Sorry
Part 46 : Good News
Part 47 : The Fight
Part 48 : Naughty Childhood Of Krishna
Part 49 : Birth Of Krishna
Part 50 : Killing The Demons (Part 1)
Cover
Part 51 : Killing Of Demons (Part 2)
Part 52 : Krishna's Marriage
Announcement Of Marriage

Part 27 : The Division Of the Kingdom

1.2K 59 35
By Dr_Aim4

After Arjun left the place, Subhadra followed him... But Arjun didn't stop or talked with her... He went to Krishna's room to inform him about everything and left the place to get ready for the journey...

As he entered his room, he started thinking about the events that happened just few minutes before... He couldn't think how could Subhadra think about a test... But soon enough her words rang in his mind...

He understood her situation that if she would have chose him as her groom in front of everyone, Dau's decision would have been insulted... Also he too noticed that Dau doesn't trust him that much... If he have to gain his trust, he needs to prove that he's the best for Subhadra... Subhadra's test is just the platform for serving his purpose...

As Arjun got ready to travel and arranged everything properly for it, he wanted to talk with Subhadra for the last time... Subhadra too wanted to talk to Arjun... But Balaram had taken the competition seriously and didn't allow Subhadra to meet Arjun...

As Arjun came to meet Subhadra, he saw Dau leaving the room of her... He understood that something was wrong about this and he thought of leaving a message for her...

He quickly wrote a message to Subhadra telling her that he's leaving and urging her to send her message to him whenever she would be able to...

Subhadra constantly stared at Arjun when he was leaving the palace... As both Krishna and Arjun left the palace, Subhadra slowly came towards the door... When she saw the letter, she swiftly took it inside and started reading it with great enthusiasm...

As she completed reading it, she was very happy.... With that letter it got clear to her that Arjun had understood her situation and isn't disappointed with her... She was happy... Finally she got a perfect life partner for herself... When she was writing the reply for Arjun's message, suddenly Balaram came inside...

Balaram : Subhadra, I don't know why you don't like Duryodhan... But it's my personal opinion that he is the best for you... Don't you have confidence in your Dau's choice?

Subhadra : Dau... I have enough confidence in your choices... But Dau can you tell me one thing...

Balaram : Ask it, Bhadre...

Subhadra : Tell me one thing Bhratashree... Will you make me someone's wife with whom I don't like spending time?

Balaram : Obviously not, Bhadre...

Subhadra : Bhratashree, this marriage is mine... I'm the bride... I understand Bhratashree that Duryodhan is your favorite student... But then is it necessary for me to accept him as my husband just because of that? Your eyes are blinded Bhratashree... Can't you see what type of a person he is?

Balaram : I understand that you can't accept him as your husband just because of that... But I can tell you this very clearly that he's a nice person...

Subhadra : How Bhratashree? He planned the poisoning of Bhrata Bheem... He tried killing the Pandavas at Varnavat... He even tried to kill Bua Kunti... Can't you see all these?

Balaram : I know everything Bhadre... But that's their own quarrel... Tell me one thing Bhadre... Has he ever misbehaved with you or behaved badly with you?

Subhadra : Bhratashree that's not the point... The point is politics... This marriage for him is just a political alliance... Nothing else... Tell me one thing Bhratashree... Have you ever seen him to do anything without any political reason behind it? The poisoning of Bhrata Bheem was to kill him and throw him out of his way... The plan of killing of the Pandavas was to get the throne... I won't even get surprised if tomorrow after our marriage he comes and tell me that I have to be someone's slave just because of his politics... And his every decision is influenced by Shakuni... A person who is such witty and clever... He doesn't plan anything without profit in it...

I don't know Bhratashree what you have seen in Duryodhan that you doesn't like Arjun... He's such a great person... He has strength, valour and intelligence... And the most important, he's a nice man... He understands me without me uttering a word about it...

Balaram : What is your suggestion?

Subhadra : Bhratashree I understand your concern... You just do one thing... Disguise yourself as a beggar or as a person who isn't of great importance... Go to Hastinapur... And meet with Duryodhan... At that time you will understand who he really is...

Also you go and meet Arjun in the same disguise... You will understand the difference between them...

Balaram : Ok... I will go and check... But if Duryodhan proves himself good in this then will you marry him?

Subhadra : Bhratashree I have full faith on my fate and Arjun... I know him and can easily tell who will win... But if you so insist then if Duryodhan is really good, I'll give him a chance...

Balaram : Fine... Let's hope for the best... I'm leaving for Hastinapur...

Subhadra : Travel safely Bhratashree...

Balaram : But yeah... You should play fair... Arjun shouldn't be informed about this...

Subhadra : I won't tell anything to anyone... I promise...

Balaram : Ok then...

With this Balaram gets ready in a disguise of a poor beggar to meet Duryodhan and Arjun...

On the other hand, the assembly was held in Hastinapur regarding the choosing of the parts of ruling for both Kauravas and Pandavas...

As Yudhishtir was eldest, first choice was given to him... Duryodhan was very tensed... He couldn't understand how would he plan to build a great palace if Yudhishtir chooses the Hastinapur palace itself...

At the Assembly Hall

Dhritarashtra : Welcome everyone... Today this special Assembly is organised to witness the choice of the Princes regarding their Kingdom... So according to the map of Aryavart, we can divide the reigns of Hastinapur into two parts... One halve will consist of Hastinapur in its central while the other will have Khandavprasth in its centre... So, Yudhishtir and Duryodhan -it's upon you both to decide which part you will take and rule...

If you take the northern side, the palace of Hastinapur and its throne would be yours... And if you choose the southern side, you need to struggle to establish a kingdom and your reign there... Now it's your choice...

Yudhishtir you're the eldest... So, you choose which part will you choose... I'll crown you the king on that part of our kingdom...

Yudhishtir : Maharaj... If you want to crown me, then give me that part of our Kingdom whose centre is Khandavprastha...

Dhritarashtra : Son, if you so wish, I'll crown you the king of the whole Southern region...

Yudhishtir : Thank you Maharaj...

As Duryodhan heard Yudhisthir's reply, a huge smile broke on his face... Finally he have achieved what he wanted... The throne of Hastinapur... But the Pandavas getting half of his reign is still pricking him...

After that, Dhritarashtra crowned Yudhishtir, the independent king of Khandavprastha... After the crowning ceremony, Yudhishtir humbly requested Dhritarashtra to kindly allow him to stay in the palace for few days to wait for Arjun...

Dhritarashtra : Yudhishtir... It's your palace... You can stay here... But after Arjun's arrival, you must leave... Otherwise there will be quarrel among the Kuru clan... And I don't want that...

Yudhishtir agreed to Dhritarashtra's answer and went to his room and waited for Arjun and Krishna to arrive...

Finally, Yudhishtir got the throne of Khandavprastha... Subhadra requested Balaram to know the true self of Duryodhan in the disguise of a beggar.... Will Balaram come to know about his true self or will Duryodhan again trick him... Tune in to know more...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 2K 16
what if karna and duryodhana gets to know about arjuna's plan to abduct subhadra ... what if karna decides to abduct subhadra before arjuna could abd...
42.7K 2.9K 31
Time, the ruler of all, is a force that cannot be changed by anyone, not even gods or kings. It follows its own rules, and only the supreme power can...
7.3K 305 15
Mahabharat is my favorite story and I believe that every character has something unique to offer. I often see people comparing Karna and Arjun and I...
61.2K 2.5K 57
♪♪Mahabharat♪♪ A Tale of Smiles & Tears, Love & Hatred, Peace & Wars. Warriors are born to fight for justice, for Kinship, for Glorious Victory to w...