Art of Darkness

By MissVara

"Look at them, enjoying life without you. I guess they favor your twin sister more than you that's why they g... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
Chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
epilogue
special chapter 1
special chapter 2
special chapter 3

chapter 14

61.7K 1.8K 392
By MissVara

NATALIA ELYSE DELAVIN

I shook my head and clicked my tongue, "Ok," I answered. No matter how hard I try to avoid it, it's like something is pulling me closer to them.

If I fly back to Italy, I have this gut feeling that we will eventually cross paths there again, or maybe follow me because they'll have to be investigated and followed here in America if one of their men sees me.

This is their territory after all.

"I know you would say that but I promise we will— wait! Did you just say 'ok'?! Like you would come to our house for a test or 'ok' that you would hear us out first?" His eyes widen with both hands on the table.

Damn is he really twenty-two?

"Both."

I didn't bat any emotion, I just deadpanned and answered his questions with one word but even so, a huge smile crept on his lips like a damn lunatic.

"I'm Nicholas by the way. Twenty-two. And this is my Nephew, Elijah. Three," he introduced.

Oh, so he's the older twin. The underground fighter. Though up until now, I don't know his underground code name because I got to admit it, they're good at keeping it private.

"How about you, what's your name?"

I didn't answer immediately. I just looked at him for a second. Either way, they're going to find out right?

"Natalia Rossi."

His eyes widen and his jaw slightly dropped. I mentally rolled my eyes at how dramatic he is. He just stayed silent but I was taken aback by his next move.

"Let's go now!" He abruptly stood up.

"What?" I furrowed my brows, looking at him. What does he mean 'now'?

"Let's have the DNA test now, at our house. My... our..." he stopped and tilted his head a little like a confused puppy while looking at me, "Your potential family is in chaos right now. So we need a test right now so everyone will calm down. Right, Elijah?" He looked at the kid who was busy playing with the phone.

"Mama Liz was crying," he pouted.

"That's why we need to go now. Come on," he said standing up and pulling me up to stand, dragging me outside the mall.

When we exited the restaurant, I raised my brow looking around before forcefully pulling my arm away from his hold.

He looked at me confusingly.

"You forgot the damn kid," I deadpanned.

He gasped and held onto his chest looking around with no sight of Elijah the kid. He fucking forgot his nephew inside the restaurant for goodness sake.

"Oh, shit. Cole is gonna kill me!" He ran back inside the restaurant, but when he reached the door, he ran back to where I was standing again.

"Don't even try running away," he panted before running back into the restaurant, glancing at me every second.

He even hit a waiter for god's sake.

He is definitely the chaotic one.

When we arrived at the parking lot, he led me to his black BMW where I was seated in the front and Elijah in the back of the car seat.

The whole ride was silent, but Nicholas had been grinning the whole time while the kid was watching a show on his iPad. Doesn't his cheeks hurt from smiling? It has been twenty minutes yet his expression didn't ever change!

"We're here," he said slowly pulling up in front of a mansion. The gates were black and has the letter 'D' on top. There were also guards who opened the gate as he entered the driveway.

I could see guards standing and walking up front.

Nice, they have tight security, huh?

Nicholas stopped in front of the entrance of the house as he exited the car while I did the same. I looked at the front for a few seconds while he was busy taking the kid from the car seat.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

I'm always ready for anything... but this, I'm not so sure.

I didn't respond so he didn't ask again, rather just started to walk towards the big door.

The kid was the first one to enter happily then Nicholas then me on his behind. At the entrance was a big family picture. They looked so happy together making me mentally scoff.

Why am I here again?

"Dad! Auntie Nat! Auntie Natie!" The kid yelled happily as he ran straight to his father with Ezekiel behind him.

Cole carried him immediately looking confused, "What do you mean?" He asked.

Nicholas fake coughed to get Cole and Ezekiel's attention, "Cole, Zeke, I brought someone." Nicholas said, pulling me beside him.

The fuck? No need to be aggressive.

Shock was written all over their faces as I remained emotionless looking at them.

"I convinced her to go through a DNA test," Nicholas stated.

"Zeke, call everyone to the living room." Cole sternly said looking straight into my eyes putting Elijah down as I look into his with a bored expression.

I just noticed how we have the same eyes and how he is a younger copy version of his father. I've only seen him in photos or in a distance but never this close.

"Let's go to the living room," he said turning around as Nicholas and I followed.

When I arrived there, everyone in their family is complete and is now looking at me. Especially Avyanna who looks like she's about to cry.

"Oh my god," I averted my gaze towards the older woman who covered her mouth and looked at me with tears in her eyes.

Geez, the results haven't come out yet and everyone here seems to be emotional. What if it becomes negative? Everything would be embarrassing and hilarious as hell.

They're all staring at me making me uncomfortable!

Lucian cleared his throat getting everyone's attention as he slowly walked toward me. My instincts automatically kicked in making me take a step back.

I saw a flash of... hurt? In his eyes when I did that but I didn't care that much.

"Lucian Delavin," he introduced letting out his hand as I forced myself to accept it. I faked a smile and nodded.

"Natalia Rossi."

Then the woman, my mother walked toward me. "Elizabeth Delavin," she said teary-eyed. I just nod my head and she instantly came to me, hugging me tightly.

I didn't hug back nor react even if I could hear her silent sobs. When she pulled apart from the hug, she immediately wiped her tears.

"That's Cole, the eldest, Zeke the second eldest, Matteo, Nicholas, Niccolo, and..." she pointed to each one of them and stopped when she looked at Avyanna. "Avyanna."

Standing close to them felt surreal.

My mind tells me to leave, but my heart tells me to stay yet my fucking subconscious tells me to stay and make their life hell.

"Let's conduct the paternity test and have the results seen today," Lucien said as Matteo immediately left.

"I thought it would take about two days or more to get results?" I asked.

"I'm friends with the owner of one of America's best hospitals. He has types of equipment that can give us accurate results in five hours." Elizabeth said.

That sounds impossible but whatever. Regardless I already know the result and I guess, them too.

Matteo came back holding a white box. "I'll take your blood samples. From you and dad," he said placing the box down on the coffee table.

He asked me to sit down on the couch and everyone else in front of me. This is so fucking uncomfortable I just wish the ground would swallow me right now.

"This might sting a little," he said pricking my finger with a small needle. Blood started to drip from my left pinky finger to the small glass tube container.

After filling the tube with my and Lucian's blood samples, he placed them in a small bag and handed it over to a guy wearing a black uniform.

"I already called Doctor Ortiz. He said around five hours, we'll get the results. I also have someone watching over so no one would tamper the results." Matteo said.

"So, I think I should go now," I said as I stand up.

"Wait!" I turned my head towards Avyanna who took a step closer to me. I raised my brows at her waiting for her to continue. "Please, stay and wait for the results," she said softly sounding quite unsure with her words.

"She's right. We would like to get to know you more!" I looked at the person who happily said that.

Nicholas?

No.

That's Niccolo.

Looks like they have one thing in common, huh?

"Please," Avyanna held both of my hands. "I don't need to see the test results to prove you're my sister."

Girlie, there's a one in a hundred thirty-five chance that you might meet your doppelganger. How could you be so sure that easily?

"You might find it weird but it might be a twin thing I guess? I just can't explain it," she added.

"Yeah! That happens!" Nicholas shouted.

I hate this emotional shit. I don't want it to reach a point where she'd go down on her knees to beg.

As much as I want to leave, my feet won't fucking leave the door.

This is definitely not me.

I'm getting too soft for this.

But...

I took a heavy breath again before answering.

"Alright," I answered as she jumped and lunged toward me for a hug.

Well, this is fan-fucking-tastic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 384 27
"All that glitters is not gold." A lavish mafia lifestyle where you grow up surrounded by money and you're always treated like royalty sounds like a...
341K 6K 32
He saved her. And she fixed him. Carmen Alvarez (19) the daughter of Spanish mafia leader Fernando Alvarez and his arranged wife Evelyn Alvarez. She...
2.4M 36.9K 54
M A T U R E C O N T E N T - 1 8+ ------------------------- A Mafia Romance • A Slowburn Enemies to Lovers • "Did I tell you how fucking gorgeous yo...
27.4K 650 22
Colleen Wheeler was a young girl who was plagued by the devil at a young age. When she was thirteen years old, she had watched her parents get shot a...