The Angel Next Door

By DominatorOfUniverse

Ayanokouji fvcking Shiina More

Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 4
Entry 5
Entry 6
Entry 7
Entry 8
Entry 9
Entry 10
Entry 11
Entry 12
Entry 13
Entry 14
Entry 15
Entry 16
Entry 17
Entry 18
Entry 19
Entry 20
Entry 21
Entry 22

Entry 3

8.2K 318 109
By DominatorOfUniverse

"What are you doing?"

That night I was on the veranda of my room. Smoked the cigarette in my hand while enjoying the night breeze.

"Smoking"

Looks like I was caught red-handed, it could be serious if I get reported to the social agency. Imagine my room door banged on them with neat clothes and stunt guns in their hands... horrible.

"How could... a high school student get that thing?"

"...by buying it at the store? Where else?"

"No, no, no... you even need to show your ID card if you want to buy one... are you crazy? You could get arrest by the police!"

She's right. If a shop owner or cashier were caught giving items such as to a kid, they could face legal action.

The laws in this country are strict, and people are forced to obey the existing rules. This social system became an order that lasted for decades.

But...

"What do you care?"

Right after I said that in a cold tone, Shiina fell silent.

".... You're right, we're just strangers."

'We are just strangers' who happen to interact by accident, also living in the same apartment building, in other words, she is just a neighbor.

We are also classmates. But the word classmate only shows that we are both in the group of students in the same class, it does not mean that we can directly be called know each other better and close.

Because some people have different standards for being friends, but most would agree if it were to be said that a friend is someone you are close enough to be with you for a long time.

"And how about you?"

I threw the random questions that were in my head, while smoking the cigarette in my hand. White smoke billowed and disappeared in the night breeze.

"Just enjoying the view outside, and now it's ruined by your smoke."

".... Allright, I'll put it away."

I'm in a bad mood know.

But, being scolded by a pretty girl wasn't bad either. It almost feels like she cares about you.

"Are you happy now?"

She nodded satisfied

But it didn't stop there, she asked again.

"Since when do you smoke?"

Didn't your family teach you how far you can meddle in other people's business?

"Since when is it, huh?"

Throwing the butts in the trash, I leaned against the railing, looking off into the distance. Trying to remember.

"I already forgot, but it feels like... the 3rd grade in middle school maybe, I forget"

I'm not lying, it's a fact.

"Smoking is not healthy, you know?"

Even a little kid knows that. Don't you have any good arguments

"I don't smoke that often, only when I feel to."

At first out of curiosity, then over time it started to become a habit. The new environmental pressures made it difficult for me to adapt. Along with that, I started to get used to it. I started trying to smoke a cigarette after seeing my buttler smoke secretly in the living room.

He must have refrained from doing it in front of me.

"You know, even if the rules say "Not allowed", there's still a big hole in the rules made. As long as you don't get caught, you're safe. It's horrifying to imagine how many forbidden things other people could do in the same case."

For example, the news I read this morning in the online newspaper.

A student who won a math olympiad was caught smoking and it became hotly discussed on social media. They didn't think the student who was famous for his achievements turned out to be a delinquent student.

The student said he started smoking to relieve stress from being forced to study every day by their parents. Where did he get the cigarettes from? He only needed to carry his brother's ID card when shopping at a store far from the neighborhood where he lived. Since there was almost no difference in appearances between him and his brother, the cashier didn't seem to mind him and let the student buy the cigarettes.

Then the matter of how and where he can smoke is an easy matter, as long as someone doesn't know you and you are not seen by others, you can be free to commit that petty crime.

This is one of the holes in the strict rules I mentioned earlier.

"But still... there is a reason why minors are not allowed to smoke."

Smoking causes interference with the growth and development of the lungs in children and adolescents, this causes the lungs to stop growing. This disorder can cause chronic health problems until they grow up.

"I told you, I don't smoke that often."

"Really...?"

Why is she so pushy abou it?

And what's with that expression, why are you showing that painfully bitter smile? She looked disappointed, and her pretty face didn't emit the aura everyone was familiar with. It's almost like I've soiled a beautiful landscape painting with mud.

I'm kind of blessed to be able to see another side of her.

"Hmm, Matsuo... I think this will be the last time." I muttered.

Anyways I've been caught, this is the last time....

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing."

There's something else I have to worry about

I don't know what I'm going to eat tonight, I haven't decided yet.

It would be very inconvenient to go to the convenience store and buy a bento, or fast food

"I'm not in the mood to cook," I mumbled

In the end my options were limited. Even so, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as the stomach is filled enough, I can get through the night without suffering from hunger.

In the end I decided to just eat jelly and take supplements. Tomorrow I will cook a good meal.

"What are you eating?"

"This? My dinner."

Shiina tilted her head and looked at me as if in disbelief

"Shouldn't boys eat more than that?"

"Not everyone is like that. I'm not a muscle maniac and a human robot who always spends their time on club activities and comes home miserable."

"I thought boys have a big appetite."

"I'm not in the mood to cook tonight. I think this is enough for my stomach."

"Is that true? I can hardly believe it. But either way, good luck with your dinner."

She laughed mockingly, and looked at me with pity.

"Princess, you seem to care about such things."

"Well, of course. While I live alone, I have to maintain my body condition with a healthy lifestyle and food. No one takes care of me but myself. I suggest you do the same. There's nothing wrong with fighting your laziness and starting to cook good food while you can."

"Also, don't call me princess. I'm not a princess."

She emphasized that. Her expression and tone were accentuated, as if to show the other person that she really didn't like it when I called her that.

"But everyone calls you that. No, more like an angel."

It hasn't even been a week. But she has received a lot of praise and is well liked at school.

"I actually don't like it, I'm not an angel like many people think. I'm worse than that."

Oh what is this feeling? Why is the atmosphere so bad now. Does she have a problem with self-confidence and the like? Did I say something that offended her?

"Well whatever."

I decided not to call her that again.

I used a small spoon to slowly finish the jelly I was holding. Even after I've eaten it, I still feel like I haven't had enough. Turns out she was right, the feeling of fullness didn't even last more than 5 minutes.

"I think I have to cook"

I said that clearly. Shiina who heard it started to smile

"I'm glad you listened to my advice."

"Well, I'm still lazy. I would be greatly helped if someone would knock on my door and be kind enough to share their food with me."

I was just joking and laughing dryly. But the neighbor beside me seemed to think seriously for a moment.

"Wait a moment..."

"What?"

Quickly, she disappeared from the veranda, followed by the sound of the sliding door opening and closing.

She asked me to wait, but for what? I better get inside right away. The wind outside is getting colder, if I stay outside too long, I can get sick.

Then, I heard the doorbell ring at the front door.

I peeked through the doorway to make sure, and was confused as to what happened next.

"You know, I was just kidding."

The angel actually brought food for me.

"This is just dinner left over from what I made, I gave this to you."

"Even if you say so, I'm totally joking. I don't want to burden you."

"Think of this as a reply from me for helping me yesterday."

Yesterday she meant, was when I lent my umbrella and the two of us went to school together.

Even though she didn't say thank you directly, the way she repays me with this service, is enough to impress me.

She must have grown up in a good family.

"Thank you. I will gladly accept this."

I opened the lid, and the contents could be seen clearly. There are stir-fried vegetables with carrots, soy sauce pork, omelettes, and others. This is a delicious home cooking menu.

"No need to thank me, this is for my own satisfaction too."

Shiina then turned around and entered her room. However, she stopped midway and turned to look at me.

"Just in case, do you have any allergies?"

"There aren't any. You don't have to worry, I'll eat it gratefully."

Unn... nodded slightly, she then disappeared from my sight. Thank you to Amaterasu, and pry to gods, I immediately picked up the chopsticks and started finishing the dishes of the gods in heaven.

It tastes really good. The roast pork is seasoned just right. The sweet, sour, and slightly spicy taste is delicious on the tongue. The vegetables taste good, but I think they'd be even better when paired with some warm miso soup.

I will give 7 out of 10.

I still feel Matsuo's cooking still better to.

"I think I'm starting to like her."

We didn't know each other before, just strangers who happened to live in the same apartment and became neighbors. Whatever it is, I don't think it's bad so far. Or maybe it could be even more interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 4.3K 48
Just some random one shots Cote belongs to Shōgo Kinugasa not me Duh
152K 4.4K 24
This is a Classroom Of The Elite Fanfic. Disclaimer: I don't own the original story, it belongs to Shōgo Kinugasa. This is just a fanfic based on the...
34.8K 663 10
As the name says, this fic only contains oneshots. In this fic, I'll write the oneshots completely based on readers' requests. You guys name it in th...
20K 491 5
This is a what if scenario that I took interest in and this is a whole lot different reaction with an AU of course....... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka had enr...