The Final Wish

By laylah678

Arranged Marriage story. According to her Grandfather's will Ella must marry Elijah, but isn't a little coinc... More

Chapter - One
Chapter - Two
Chapter - Three
Chapter - Four
Chapter - Five
Chapter - Six
Chapter - Seven
Chapter - Eight
Chapter - Nine
Chapter - Ten
Chapter - Eleven
Chapter - Twelve
Chapter - Thirteen
Chapter - Fourteen
Chapter - Fifteen
Chapter - Sixteen
Chapter - Seventeen
Chapter - Eighteen
Chapter - Nineteen
Chapter - Twenty
Chapter - Twenty-One
Chapter - Twenty Three
Chapter - Twenty-Four
Chapter - Twenty-Five
Chapter - Twenty-Six
Chapter - Twenty-Seven
Chapter - Twenty-Eight
Chapter - Twenty-Nine
Chapter - Thirty

Chapter - Twenty-Two

773 28 5
By laylah678

HAPPY READING :)

RECAP

“Oh Ella, no I love this!” he says laughing. “It’s just that no one else that I know does.”

So we sit in silence and watch for two whole hours, when it finishes Kian stands up and has a big long stretch. Then he looks down at me.

“Do you want to go to bed?” he asks chuckling at me. I bet I look like a panda rubbing my bleary eyes.

“Well I feel tired but I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep.”

Kian nods and then takes a seat beside me.

“Kian?”

Yeah?” he asks softly turning his head to meet my eyes.

“Have you ever felt that life couldn’t get any worse?” I say it without thinking, when the sense kicks in I quickly clamp my hand over my mouth.

Kian just smiles as he notices “Yeah I have, but somehow it always does.” He looks so sad and defeated that I can’t help but reach out and enclose his hand in mind. I gently stroke his soft hand until he moves it away with a sigh.

“So Ella do I get to find out why you came running here crying yet?”

If anyone else had said that it would have made me mad but for some reason with Kian it just makes me laugh.

“What’s so funny?”

“I don’t know! So listen then...,” I tell him everything from start to finish.

Chapter 22

In the morning I wake and feel like crawling away without Kian seeing. How stupid could I have been to come weeping to him like I did, god I feel so totally embarrassed. But before I can even move the door swings open.

“Hey Ella!” Alex comes running with a big toothy grin.

“Hey Alex,” I say beaming down at his cute little face.

“Breakfast!” Alex shouts suddenly as he hurtles toward the door. “Come!” he says with a little pout when he notices me rooted in my spot.

“I’m coming buddy, give me a minute,” I say swinging my legs out of the bed with a yawn. As I walk towards the bathroom, I realise that it doesn’t feel as weird as it perhaps should, I mean I’m practically walking around in almost kind of a strangers home- well okay maybe not total stranger; Kian is well a friend I suppose and I feel way more comfortable than I do at home.

I yank the spare toothbrush and grin, Kian’s got a really cute toothbrush holder; it’s white but decorated with these super adorable dolphins- or I suppose they could pass as fish. I quickly rush the toothbrush around my mouth and rinse and spit a few times. I stand back to look in the mirror to make sure I haven’t got visible signs of night drool over my face, when I’m satisfied I make my way down the stairs.

When I see Kian with his back turned, last night all comes rushing back to me. I had told Kian the whole story with Noah, and I’d like to say that  I hadn’t cried but well I can’t. But you know it hadn’t been awkward or anything, Kian just put a hand on my arm and listened. He’s a pretty good listener for a guy. But there was one thing though, when I finished and looked up at him all heartbroken and teary eyed, he just looked frozen.

I had shaken his arm and said “Kian?” about three times. Then he finally shook his head and smiled at me comfortingly.

“Sorry Ella, I was just digesting what you said.” He said not quite meeting my eyes. Then he yawned and rubbed his eyes, he stood up and held a hand out for me.

“Don’t worry Ella, everything will look better in the morning,” he whispered as he tucked me in last night and pulled the duvet up to my chin. He stood for a few seconds then leant down and kissed my cheek softly.

“Goodnight Kian,” I said quietly covering the goofy grin that had formed on my face with the duvet.

“Night Ella,” he said smiling.

Now I watch him silently, I think I can hear him humming some tune, I strain my ears but I have no idea what it is.

As if he can tell I’m staring at him he turns and smiles.

“Hey Ella,” he says showing his pearly white teeth. Honestly how the hell did he get them that white?

“Hi,” I manage to mutter.

“I need to go out today,” he says and then pauses “Shopping.” He says. He reaches  out and twists the tap and turns it off and he walks towards me.

“Okay, that’s cool,” I reply as I hop up onto a silver stool. I decide to help myself to an orange from the basket.

“You can come with me if you like...,” he says seating himself opposite me. He ruffles Alex’s hair and snatches the last grape from his plate.

I can tell that there’s something else though, that he isn’t telling me.

“But...,”

He swallows then looks up “Kaylan, Liam, Anais and that guy you saw yesterday are coming and maybe his girlfriend and Sara who is Kaylan’s girlfriend.”

“Oh.” I let out.

“Actually um I don’t think Kaylan’s girlfriend will be coming.” But I think we both no that it makes no difference if she’s there or not. It was just something he said to fill the weird silence.

“Why?” I ask curiously.

“Well, they just broke up a couple of days ago, they were together for like three years.”

“Why?” I ask again.

He shrugs almost nonchalantly “I don’t really know, it was crazy, Mason came bursting in a couple of nights ago and starts to beat him-Kaylan up. He was accusing him of getting some girl pregnant, and well fate had it that Sara was a first hand witness, she stormed out and they haven’t really been in contact since.”

Oh.The first thing that comes to my mind is Masonhasagirlfriendwhatthehellwhydidntanyoneevertellme?

“Mason has a girlfriend?” I manage to choke out quietly.

“Well, they’re on and off. I don’t really see them having any future together.” He says thoughtfully biting on his lower lip.

I’m feeling hurt, why didn’t Mason ever tell me about this girl that he has some sort of relationship with. I thought we were kind of okay with each other, I mean he let me cry on his chest whilst sitting on my dad’s grave. He should have told me.

“It’s mad,” Kian speaks up suddenly “Kaylan would never do that, I mean I would have known if he had, he would have told me instantly if has been with her,” he shudders.

It must have been that night when I was with Elijah and we heard the door bang and someone storm up the stairs.

I don’t really know Kaylan very well, but I really don’t think he would do that.

“Hmm,” I say in what I hope seems like a tone that suggests I’m agreeing with him.

Kian suddenly hops down and runs a hand through his chocolate hair. It looks so soft and silky.

“So,” he begins.

I also hop down and stand in front of him.

“So,” I say copying him.

For some reasons this makes him laugh, his eyes crinkle and light up and soon I’m laughing with him.

“Funny!” Alex shouts out loud as he watches us. He shoves the rest of his food into his tiny mouth and jumps down and rushes inside.

“He’s so cute.” I can’t help but coo.

“Yeah,” I follow Kian’s sad gaze, on impulse I step forward and reach up and rest my hand on his shoulder. I can’t help but notice that I’m the exact right height and if we were you know to ever well stand together my head would rest so perfectly.

Kian smiles down at me.

“So then you coming?” he asks with his famous grin.

I don’t know if I should, the thing is I don’t really know these guys very all. Kaylan seems okay I suppose, I guess it’s just Anais I’m feeling a bit weary of.

“I don’t know,”

“It’s okay if you’re thinking about Anais, she’ll be fine,” he pauses and thinks “She normally runs off anyway. You can stay with me.” He says reassuringly.

I can’t really pass it up when he’s asking me so nicely, can I? No

“Sure.” I say beaming up at him.

“Cool,” he grins.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mason’s POV

It’s been a couple of days since I’ve left my room. I’m still feeling pretty sore about this whole fiasco. The thought of Jess being pregnant with anyone’s baby has shaken me up quite a lot to be honest. I don’t know if that’s how I picture my future; with her. the thought just makes me queasy, she’s not really the kind of girl I want to marry, live with or have kids with.

“Mason!” my mum shouts up the stairs.

I open my door a few centimetres “What?”

“We’re going shopping, do you want anything honey?”

How many times must I tell her not to call me that? I roll my eyes even though she can’t see “No thanks!” I shout loudly.

“Okay, well Elijah’s home so you’re not alone. Come down soon okay.” With that I can hear the front door bang.

I think that I will go down actually; it will be okay because they’ve all gone and Elijah knows better than to be pester me when I’m like this.

I head to the kitchen and smile when I see what Elijah is doing. Honestly.

“Hey!” he beams at me when he notices I’m watching him.

“Someone special coming over?” I ask raising my eyebrows at the set up.

“Just you.” He replies motioning for me to take a seat. I sit opposite him at the table.

“Well, er thanks.” I say grabbing a green apple.

“Are you trying to go anorexic?” he suddenly asks; his gaze resting on my wrist. Which is just naturally a little thin. But honestly he does come out with the weirdest things.

“Do I look like a girl to you?” I ask him frowning.

“Anyone can be anorexic.” He retorts quietly, looking down suddenly. Lily. He’s thinking about Lily. I thought today I might get some cheering up but it looks like it will be the other way round.

“So! What do you want to do today? Shall we have a movie marathon?” I ask brightly.

Elijah gives me a small smile. It’s the only thing we ever do together now, aside from talk. It’s horrible, we were like inseparable like twins, peas in a pod. We used top do everything together, hell we even used to sleep in the same bed until we were like thirteen. Even then we still did everything together. But after the accident Elijah started to slip away, I remember one afternoon when I came home after school there was lots of shouting going on upstairs.

“What’s going on?” I had asked when I saw the state of my room.

Mum sighed and wiped her brow as she turned to look at me “Elijah is moving to his own room.” She said in a tone that meant I was not to comment.

So then I didn’t say anything, and just watched her move everything of Elijah’s away and then everything of Seth’s in. If we were allowed to say least favourite’s in the family I would choose Seth hands down, as he would me probably.

So that was another thing that Elijah was doing to separate himself from me. The first thing had been awful, when I woke up that morning to see mum opening the curtains.

“You’re going to school today Mason, no more moping around the house.” She said sternly.

I gasped at the unfairness of it all. “But I need to stay home with Elijah!” I tried to protest. “Tell her!” I had said to him urgently. But he had just shook his head and looked down.

So I had had to drag myself out of the bed, get showered and dressed and make the lonely journey to school. It was the first time I had done that, and I hadn’t liked it one bit. But then things got even worse at school it was absolutely horrific, I sat alone in every lesson and moped around like a big loner. Well I guess I wasn’t completely alone, there was Kian, Kaylan, Liam and that lot. But it just wasn’t the same, I mean we all did stuff together, you know played football, ate lunch and that but it was just different. Bad different.

When I got home things weren’t all that better either Elijah always was locked away in his new bedroom, and mum said I wasn’t to pester him.

Eventually things did get a little better and Elijah came out of his little hole, he even came back to school, but it was just too fake. He was just too happy, especially with me, it was like he was trying to prove something. At school he didn’t return to his seat which was beside me, instead he sat next to Kaylan, I felt pretty hurt at that I mean I has saved his seat for months but he didn’t even seem to care. Then there was the thing with his work, obviously I had been taking stuff home for him, but he was still behind, so he picked a tutor. Which wasn’t me. But all the while I tried my hardest to stay as happy as I could, in fact that’s when I became care free and started to  party and all that. Soon enough I was no longer known as Elijah’s sidekick, I was just known as Mason, one of the hottest, coolest guys in the school. This for some reason made Elijah happier with me, he began to talk to me again and hang out sometimes. In some lessons he even sat with me but not too much so that people labelled me as his sidekick again.

 Things were just getting normal but then Ella’s Grandfather died and his will comes out and Elijah shall marry Ella. I honestly don’t know how he feels about that, but I do think that he does like her, well to some degree I guess. But I do not that if he hadn’t agreed to this it would have been okay and mum would have told Elijah that its fine and he doesn’t need to marry her. I can’t help but think it wasn’t the same for Ella, she didn’t have any say at all. She could have warmed up to the idea a little more since that first night we saw her, but she’s still being forced sort of.

Elijah first became friends with Jessica and he was the one that told her I love orange smartie cookies, she was new and everyone was all over her. But she came up to me one day when I was getting my kit from my locker and smiled and said.

“I hear you like smartie cookies,” she held one out to me. I looked at and frowned a little, it was a smartie cookie all right; it was decorated just the way I liked. Ninety percent orange chocolate

“That’s the weirdest thing a girl has ever said to me,” I told her laughing.

She had laughed with me, and then she walked me to the gym. When I was getting changed I realised that only one of my boots was in there, so I had to wear a spare pair. When we got onto the field I rushed to where everyone was crowding.

“It’s Mason’s boot.” Kian said laughing then he turned and saw me “It has orange peels in it.”

“What?” I grimaced, I stepped forward and sure enough there were enough peels to make marmalade.

After the game, which we had lost I found her sitting outside on the ground, hair flying around her face because of the wind. I tipped the peels which I still had, but she looked up and I wish I hadn’t thrown them on her. She was crying.

“Why are you crying?” I asked kneeling down on the beside her.

She looked up and I noticed that her lips were quivering.

“You didn’t laugh at the peels,” she said quietly looking me in the eyes.

“But why is that a reason to cry?” I had asked feeling pretty stupid. This girl may be pretty but she sure was weird.

Then she had burst out laughing.

“You got worried about me,” she said while giggling.

I glared at her “Yes well I do have a heart you know.” I sat down properly and looked ahead sharing the same view as her.

“I know.” She said quietly.

I don’t what happened after that weird encounter but we got together and before I knew it I was falling head over heels for Jessica Carlson.

Then one day she suddenly vanished, when she came back she was different we were still together but it wasn’t the same. That was about eighteen months ago, since then well I don’t really know what’s happening with her.

When I finish eating, I carry the dirty dishes to the sink and just dump them there, I’ll sort them out later.

“So?”

“Yeah, okay.”

I follow him into the living room and take a seat on the brown leather sofa.

“Do you need help?” I ask watching him.

“No, it’s okay.” He replies instantly. I watch silently as he with difficulty moves from the wheelchair on to the sofa. when he is seated he glares at me.

“What is your problem?”

“Nothing.”

“Then stop staring at me.” He says turning to face the TV. I just sigh and switch the TV on. We sit in silence for two hours, and after that I decide that I’m not going to let everything go to ruins again. I switch the television off and turn to face him.

“What did you switch it off for?” he asks quietly not meeting my eyes.

“Eli, I want to speak to you.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE:

HEY SORRY FOR LATE UPLOAD BUT YOU KNOW I DID SAYYYY :)

LOOOOK I KNOW TONS OF YOU ARE TOO HAPPY JUST TO READ AND JUST NAVIGATE AWAY FROM THE PAGE, BUT PLEASE FOR ONCE CAN YOU JUST TELLLLL MEEE WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE FLAMING CHAPTER??

Btw many people mind when others use the place for comments as advertisement boards but I don’t..You know just saying. I know how horrible it is when you put you heart and soul into writing a chapter and people don’t even read it.

Next upload: sometime between Thursday and Sunday :)

Have a good morning/night LOL

Love you all

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Please tell me what you think of the story so far.

p.s I’m not going to tell you to vote, because if were going to vote you would do so without me saying and if you weren’t going to vote you wouldn’t even if I said to.

NOT BEEN EDITED.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 19K 37
All Weres grow up knowing that one day they find their mates, someone hand selected for them buy the fates. But as most high ranking were families kn...
80.9K 2.2K 10
Title : The other woman Sophia had sensed for a while her husband's infidelity. She had confronted him on one two many occasions but he had denied an...
69.6K 2K 28
An arranged marriage. An unexpected love story. ~~~ To her, happy ever afters only exist in books, and she believes that dreams are inevitable, but...
6.9M 181K 78
~◆~ "We have no other choice than to marry you off to Mr. Knight's grandson, Jacob." I looked up at my parents in shock "What! you guys are joking ri...