The Hobbit | Kili (ENG)

By AlexJacksonO_Brien

Discover the incredible story of a girl who, together with Thorin's Company embarks on a journey through the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 part 1
Chapter 20 part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue part 1
Epilogue part 2
♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

Chapter 14

274 9 0
By AlexJacksonO_Brien

We stayed in prison for maybe an hour or two, and maybe even longer. I had no idea. Too long, anyway. For the first ten minutes, I sat on the floor with my back against the wall and talked to Kili. For the next ten minutes I paced back and forth because I was fed up with chatting. And for the next minutes I felt like banging my head against the wall.

"If we don't do something right now, I'll go crazy! " I shouted.

"You're already crazy. " Kili answered me.

"Yes, I know. Thank you for making me aware of this. "

"At your service! He laughed.

"We have to do something..." I repeated.

"Then do something! " Fili shouted.

"Then what should I do? I can't stand here all the time. "

"Then take a seat. " Kili said.

"You know what? As soon as we leave here, please remind me to hit you, okay? "

"I'll gladly remind you"! Fili exclaimed at which I laughed.

However, after a few minutes, I took Kili's advice and sat back down. After a while I saw Tauriel - an elf who locked us here. She checked all cells to see if the prisoners had escaped. I figured she must be the chief of the guards. After a while, she came to my cell as well.

"Have you found this thing yet? " she asked.

"I'm still working on it. " I replied and she just smiled and nodded, and then looked at Kili.

"The stone in your hand, what is it? " Elf female asked, and I moved closer to hear what they were talking about.

"It's a talisman. " Dwarf said.

If this is the stone I am thinking of, and it certainly is, then it is not a talisman at all. I was curious if Tauriel would be fooled.

"A powerful spell lies upon it..." Kili continued. "If any but a dwarf reads the runes on this stone... They'll be forever cursed!" He said. It seems that Tauriel was fooled because she wanted to go, but then brunet continued. "Or not. Depending on whether you believe in that kind of thing. It's just a token. A rune stone. My mother gave it to me so I'd remem ber my promise. "

I smiled to myself. I remembered Kili telling me about it.

"What promise? " Elf asked.

"That I would come back to her. " He replied.

"Tauriel! " Said a strange voice suddenly. "Prince Legolas is calling you. " The second elf said and the girl went with him.

After they were gone, I started laughing.

"And what are you laughing at? " Fili asked.

"Has become. " Kili said. "She's lost her mind. "

"You were hitting on an elf? " I asked Kilie after I finished laughing. "Again? "

"Are you jealous again? " He asked.

"No. " I replied quickly.

"She is. " Fili exclaimed.

"Shut up, will you?! " I shouted.

"No! " he shouted back.

"So you are. " Kili summed up.

"And should I? "

"As I said before... " Brunet said. "No, you shouldn't. " Replied and laughed.

I smiled to myself.

"You know, I think she's already have someone. " Kili added.

"You mean Legolas? " I asked.

"Exactly. " He replied and I laughed at it, and he joined me.

"Well..." I shrugged. "They match themselves. "

"And they won't get in your way. " Fili said.

"What? " Kili and I asked simultaneously.

"Nothing, nothing. " Blond dwarf replied quickly.

After a few minutes, I was sitting back against the wall. I was hoping Bilbo would get us out of here, but how could he get here unnoticed. Although... In the goblin cave, he somehow managed to do it. I wonder how he did it...

"Remember when we saw a fire moon? " Kili asked me suddenly.

"Back when we went to an escort from some merchants from Ered Luin? " I guessed.

"Yes. "

"It was beautiful. " I said.

"Right ... You taught me to recognize the constellations in the sky back then, remember?

"I remember. " I laughed. "Then you mistook the bear for a lion. "

"They're so far away that it;s difficult to tell them apart. Well, we learn from our mistakes. " He said and started laughing too. "I have never seen them so bright. "

The next minutes we talked about the old days, when it was still good. When we didn't have to be so afraid whether we would live to see the next day. We enjoyed every day together back then, and we should as well now. You never know what time will bring.

"I'll wager the sun is on the rise. " Bofur interrupted us. "Must be nearly dawn. "

"We'll never gonna Reach the mountain, are we? " Ori said.

"Not stuck in here, you're don't. " Bilbo said suddenly.

I sprang to my feet and ran to the bars.

"Bilbo! " I called, and the others joined me.

"Shh! " Hobbit scolded us. "There're guards nearby! "

First he freed Thorin, then he ran from one cell to the next until we were all free. He said he had a plan and he told us to follow him so we followed him. We walked down and down until we got to the basement. There were a lot of barrels, some empty and some full of wine. There were two elves dozing on the table, and apparently they got drunk.

"This way. " He said and led us silently to the empty barrels.

Kili wanted to protest not to come in here, but I took his hand and pulled him along so he didn't have much to talk about.

"Everyone climb into the bar rels quickly. " Bilbo whispered.

"What? " Kili and Fili asked simultaneously.

"Are you mad? They'll find us. " Dwalin said.

"No, no. They won't, I promise you. Please, please. You must trust me. " Baggins said, and he looked pleadingly at Thorin.

"Do as he says. " Oakenshield said, and in the blink of an eye we all went to the empty barrels.

"Now what? " I asked and leaned out of the barrel as did the others.

"Hold your breath. " Baggins replied and pulled the lever.

The hatch on which the barrels were standing opened and we all fell screaming into the water.

Hobbit made it. After a few moments he fell down to us from above, grabbed my barrel and after a while we were all going with the flow.

"Come on! Lte's go! " Thorin shouted as we were already in the stream.

There was a waterfall in front of us, thankfully small. We continued in the stream and bumped against each other. It was close for Bilbo to let go of my barrel, but I caught him and helped him. I was hoping that at least this time we would be able to escape without any obstacles. However, as it turned out later, this was not the case.

Legolas ran after us and from what I saw he ordered one of the elves to blow his horn, which was to announce the closing of the gate. Or maybe the horn was supposed to announce a lunch break? I was hoping it would be lunch break after all, but that hope vanished as soon as it came.

Unfortunately we didn't manage to escape. We tried to open the gate but nothing came of it. Great, we're going to be in their cell again.

"M-Malia. " Bilbo nudged me, still holding on to my barrel.

I glanced at him and he made me look at something in front of him, and when I looked there I saw a whole bunch of orcs. Again. Orcs attacked the elves, we had to come up with something now or after us. One of the orcs attacked me from behind, and I bent to his blade, but I had nothing to defend myself against. The creature swung at me, but luckily Bilbo, who was right there, stabbed the creature with his sword in the heart.

"Thanks, Bilbo. " I breathed a sigh of relief.

I glanced at Kili, who was looking up somewhere. I looked that way and saw a lever. It was probably the lever that closed the door for us under the bridge.

"Don't even think about it. " I said.

"Too late. " He replied and started to go, but I stopped him with one movement of my hand.

"Kili, you don't have a weapon. " I protested.

"But I have you. " He said and smiled.

He passed me and jumped on the bridge. At the same time, more orcs attacked us. I managed to take the sword from one of them, and a dagger from the other. So finally I had something to defend myself. Fili defended his brother, who didn't notice orc behind him. Blond man threw the sword at the creature and saved Kilie. Fortunately.

"Kili, catch!! " I shouted as I noticed another orc approaching him.

I tossed him the sword that I took from one of the creatures. Dwarf caught it and killed the opponent, then quickly moved to the lever. He was only inches from it while one of the creatures shot him with a bow and hit him in the leg.

"Kili! " I screamed.

Brunet wanted to pull the lever yet, but the pain in his leg didn't allow him to do so, and he fell. I looked back and saw an orc twice as large and bloodthirsty than the others. It was he who shot Kili. More creatures were approaching the defenseless dwarf, so without thinking much, I jumped out of the barrel and ran towards him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 5.4K 18
●Completed● Thorin Oakenshield, the surviving heir to the Lonely Mountain, has resigned himself to a life of solitude, with his sister, nephews and...
30.9K 1.2K 23
It's been ten years since that deal has been made and a lot has changed. Enmira is no longer the woman she once was and things are only getting worse...
323K 13.1K 50
You have grown up under the care of Radagast the Brown, and on an errand to King Thranduil of Mirkwood you encounter Thorin Oakenshield's Company, th...
7.4K 364 22
"I have found that it is the small everyday deed of ordinary folks that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." ― J.R.R. Tolkien...