The Hobbit | Kili (ENG)

By AlexJacksonO_Brien

Discover the incredible story of a girl who, together with Thorin's Company embarks on a journey through the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 part 1
Chapter 20 part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue part 1
Epilogue part 2
♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

Chapter 8

301 8 0
By AlexJacksonO_Brien

I watched the orc approach Thorin and feared the worst. Oakenshield tried to reach for his sword, but it was too far away. The creature had already bent over him with the intention of beheading him, until suddenly Bilbo appeared out of nowhere and pushed the nasty to the side, and then with a few quick movements of the sword, killed the creature.

I watched in amazement at the whole incident and couldn't believe my eyes. Our hobbit has just saved Thorin's life.

"Take my hand. " Kili whispered.

I didn't even notice when he went up on the tree, and neither did Fili. I was too busy watching the whole incident.

"Come quickly, because our burglar got into trouble. " Kili said and stretched out his hand to me, which after a while I grabbed and dwarf helped me.

"Kill him. " Azog ordered.

Brothers and I exchanged glances and together we went with the rest of the Company to help Baggins. We attacked them one by one and we were doing not too badly, at least for now. I took advantage of the moment when none of the creatures attacked me and ran to see what happened to Thorin.

"Thorin. " I said, kneeling beside him. "Can you hear me? "

He was unconscious, I tried to wake him up, but I couldn't.

"Malia! Behind you! " Bilbo shouted.

I turned around the moment orc swung his sword at me. Fortunately, I managed to bounce the blow. The second time creature wanted to cut off my head, but I bent down and he failed. Then, with one quick movement, I pierced it through. I turned to Bilbo and sent him a grateful smile, which he reciprocated. After a while, his face got cold and he pointed his finger at something behind me. I turned in that direction and saw Azog. He came down from his warg and slowly walked towards me. I knew I wouldn't miss this fight, and I was glad I could finally get my revenge. He took everything I had away from me, and now it's time for him to pay for it. I came closer to him and was about to attack when I saw something flying over me. I looked up and saw eagles. Very big eagles.

"And where did they come from? " I heard Fili.

"Good question. " Kili supported his brother.

I stared at the eagles and I was close to losing my head. Azog swung his sword at me, but at the last minute I managed to dodge. This time I wanted to attack, but he was too fast. He was already attacking me again. I struggled to react. I deflected his blow and then tried to attack him again. He, on the other hand, grabbed me by the hand in which I was holding the sword and twisted it for me. I hissed in pain. I kicked him in the knee and then with my other hand I reached for my dagger, which I had behind my belt, behind my belt and stabbed him in the shoulder. The Pale Orc screamed in pain and let me go.

I took advantage of that moment and swung at him again. I pierced him inside out, or so I thought. Only after a while I noticed that the orc simply grabbed the sword and stopped it under his arm. I wanted to pull my weapon back, but I didn't succeed. Orc with one quick blow knocked me into the air. I banged my back on a tree and slowly slumped to the ground. For a moment I was out of breath. I coughed and looked towards creature. He approached me with his sinister smile on his face. I staggered away from the tree, looking for a weapon in the meantime. Daggers won't be of much use, because his swords were five times bigger than them.

"You'll die, just like your parents. " Azog said with a laugh.

I wanted to answer him, but I didn't have time, because suddenly something grabbed me at the waist and lifted me up. I screamed, not really knowing what was going on. When I looked up, I saw one of the eagles. Only now I saw that they were gathering our entire Company and taking out no one knows where. The eagle held me in its claws until it suddenly let go and I began to fall down screaming. I already thought that I'll die, but out of nowhere a second bird appeared, on whose back I fell. Kili was already on it.

"Hello, my sunshine. " He said with a smile. "Did you miss me? "

"Yes, I missed you so much." I replied and moved closer.

The bird suddenly soared higher and I probably would have fallen, but I managed to catch Kili. I put my hands around him at the waist so as not to fall, and I rested my head against his back. Dwarf grinned his teeth.

"Not a word. " I said trying to be serious.

Brunet said nothing but kept smiling. I admit that at first I was terribly afraid of the flight, but the fear passed as quickly as it appeared. I knew that Kili was with me, and yet nothing threatened me with him.

"Kili ... " I poked the dwarf.

"Hmm? "

"Where's Thorin? "

"There. " He nodded his head towards the eagle that was flying near us. In his claws he held an unconscious Thorin.

"He'll be fine, right...? " I said with hope in my voice.

Kili glanced at me, and in his eyes I saw a fear similar to mine.

"I hope so. " Said sadly.

We flew a good dozen or so minutes. I must admit that the views from this height were really beautiful. Forests, meadows, mountains in the glow of the setting sun... All this was breathtaking.

Despite all this, I wanted the eagles to put us in a safe place as soon as possible, because I wanted to see what about Thorin. Dwarf was still unconscious.

My thoughts were interrupted by Bofur, who shouted that we were landing. And so it was. The eagles put us on one of the higher mountains. Kili came down first and then stretched out his hands to help me get down. I smiled at him and whispered quietly "Thank you."

The eagle that carried Oakenshield has just landed. I immediately ran to see what happened to him.

"Thorin! " I knelt beside him. "Can you hear me? Thorin? " I took dwarf by the hand. "Please..." I said, and I felt tears coming to my eyes. "Please wake up. "

Suddenly, I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Gandalf.

"Malia, let me... " He said in a soft voice.

I made his request and stepped back a bit. Wizard knelt at the Oakenshield, put his hand on his forehead and began to whisper something, but I didn't understand anything from his words. He must have been saying a spell or something. I was just hoping it would work and Throin would come back to us.

For a long time nothing happened. I exchanged glances with Kili. We've come this far, it can't end like this...

Suddenly, I heard a faint sigh. I looked at Thorin, who after a while opened his eyes and began to look around.

"Thorin..." I breathed a sigh of relief.

I knelt beside him again, and when he sat down I hugged him tightly. I was shaking. I might lose him, just as I lost my parents. And I wouldn't have endured another loss.

"It's okay... " He said and stroked me on the head with his hand. "I'm alright, sweetheart.

"I was scared I've lost you..." I whispered through my tears.

Dwarf took my face in his hands and wiped away tears with his thumbs.

"You'll never lose me. " He whispered and kissed my forehead and hugged me again.

At this point, it seems that everyone breathed a sigh of relief. We were about to lose our King.

"And the halfling? " Throin asked, as we moved away.

"It's all right." Gandalf replied. "Bilbo is here. He's quite safe."

Brothers and I helped Throin get up.

"You!" Oakenshiled said and broke out of our embrace and then headed straight to burglar. "What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed!"

"Thorin... " I tried to stop him, but he didn't pay attention to me this time.

Why was he yelling at Baggins? After all, he saved his life.

"Did I not say that you would be a burden?" Thorin continued.

"Uncle..." Kili interjected, but dwarf told him to remain silent.

"That you would not survive in the Wild... " Oakenshiled continued. "That you had not place amongst us? "

Bilbo looked sadly and didn't say a word. He listened to everything Thorin said. But what I have heard just now, I wouldn't expect in my life.

"I have never been so wrong in all my life. " Thorin added and hugged our hobbit.

Yes, Thorin hugged Bilbo. I couldn't believe it. I smiled broadly and glanced at Kili, who was as happy as we were all of us.

"I'm sorry I doubted you. " Oakenshiled said, when they have already moved away from each other.

"No, I would have doubted me to. " Baggins entered into his words. "I'm not a hero... Or a warrior. Not even... A burglar. "

I smiled at Baggins, and he reciprocated. Finally, Thorin saw through his eyes. I knew he didn't like or trust our burglar from the start, but I was glad he finally changed his mind about him.

"On my beard..." Balin said suddenly with delight.

"Is that what I think it is? " Bilbo asked as I got closer.

"I think so. " I said with a smile.

"Erebor. " Gandalf confirmed.

In front of us in the distance behind the forests and rivers you could see the most beautiful view. The Lonely Mountain, our home.

"The last of the Great Dwarf Kingdoms of Middle-earth. " Wizard added.

"Our home. " Thorin said as if he were reading my mind.

"A raven. " Oin said suddenly. "The birds are returning to the mountain. "

"It's a thrush." I replied looking at the dwarf.

"That's right, Malia. " Gandalf confirmed.

"But we'll take it as a sign. " Thorin said with a smile, glancing at hobbit and me. "A good omen. "

"You're right. " Bilbo agreed. "I do believe the worst is behind us. "

I also hoped so. I was glad that Thorin and Bilbo finally started getting along. I also hoped that now it could only get better, but as they say: "Hope is the mother of the stupid."

We stood there for a moment and stared at this very beautiful landscape. I inadvertently struck Kili's hand. Brunet glanced at our hands, then looked at me, and back at our hands. After a while he joined our hands together. We exchanged glances. I sent him a shy smile, which he reciprocated after a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 322 33
What if Bilbio Baggins had never joined Thorin Oakenshield's company? What if his cousine Andrea had joined them instead? After spending too long loc...
7.5K 364 22
"I have found that it is the small everyday deed of ordinary folks that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." ― J.R.R. Tolkien...
314K 11.8K 22
"You talk too much elf-boy," Arya muttered, her voice hoarse from all the screaming she had done due to the pain of her injuries. Legolas scrunched u...
173K 5.4K 18
●Completed● Thorin Oakenshield, the surviving heir to the Lonely Mountain, has resigned himself to a life of solitude, with his sister, nephews and...