The Epic : In a different sit...

By Dr_Aim4

The epic Mahabharata thought in a different way... What if Karna and Pandavas got reunited? What if Draupadi... More

Acknowledgement
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The Truth
Part 2 : The Search
Part 3 : Known to younger clan
Part 4 : The unwelcomed welcome in Hastinapur
Part 5 : The Meet with Brothers
Part 6 : The Unfortunate Encounter
Part 7 : The Battle Of Truth
Part 8 : A Day With The Brothers
Part 9 : Love from the parents
Part 10 : Family Reunion
Part 11 : The Celestial Bond Of Friendship
Part 12 : Blooming Love
Part 13 : The Ceremony
Part 14 : The Impact Of War On Minds & Hearts
Part 15 : The War
Part 16 : Auspicious Occasion
Part 17 : The Danger Ahead
Part 18 : The Suspicion
Part 19 : The Danger Of the Forest
Part 20 : The Unparalleled Love
Part 21 : The Realisation And Proposal Of Love
Part 22 : The Unison Of The Lovers
Part 23 : The Anger
Part 24 : The Swayamvar
Part 25 : The Worst Politics
Part 27 : The Division Of the Kingdom
Part 28 : The Meet With Duryodhan
Part 29 : The Winner
Part 30 : Marriage Plans
Part 31 : The Impending Danger
Part 32 : The War For Survival
Part 33 : Teased By Family
Part 34 : Pre-marriage Vibes
Part - 35 : Clearing Of Doubts
Part 36 - Entrance Of Narada
Part - 37 : Continuation Of Flashback
Part 38 : Thoughts
Part 39 : Confrontation
Part 40 : Plans For Fight
Part 41 : Emotional Battle
Part 42 : Planning Of War
Part 43 : Useless Banter Of Brothers 🤭
Part 44 : Mother-Son Convo
Part 45 : The Bonds
Sorry
Part 46 : Good News
Part 47 : The Fight
Part 48 : Naughty Childhood Of Krishna
Part 49 : Birth Of Krishna
Part 50 : Killing The Demons (Part 1)
Cover
Part 51 : Killing Of Demons (Part 2)
Part 52 : Krishna's Marriage
Announcement Of Marriage

Part 26 : The Choice And The Decision

1.3K 59 51
By Dr_Aim4

When Yudhishtir heard about it, he decided something quickly...

Yudhishtir : If Duryodhan wishes to rule here in Hastinapur, I don't have any problem with that... We'll make our new Kingdom through our hard work and proper planning... I don't want any quarrel between us...

Nakul : But Bhratashree, you are the eldest and the rightful owner of this throne... Why do you want to leave this kingdom?

Yudhishtir : If we choose this kingdom, our Tatshree have to leave too... He would have to face difficulties... Also many people would have to leave with them... This kingdom has many memories of our elders... Why to snatch their happiness? But if we leave, only we 4 brothers and Mata would leave... So there won't be much problem...

Bheem : If you have already decided this, then it's fine... We don't need to oppose this decision... But making of a new kingdom... Won't we need Arjun and Krishna's help for that too? Jyesth is in Anga Pradesh regarding few works... How will we be able to plan a kingdom without them?

Yudhishtir : Yeah... You're right... We need their help... Let's do one thing... I am sending an immediate message to them stating them to come back ASAP... In that way, they too would come back and we could get their help too...

Bheem : That would be the best Bhratashree... But what about Jyesth? Shall we send a message to him too?

Yudhishtir : No Bheem... He has important works ahead... I don't think we should disturb him for this... Also wouldn't it be tiring for him to stand there and supervise the works? I think it would be better if we inform him about the happenings here and about our plan...

Bheem : As you wish Bhratashree... Let's send the messages to them... It would be better...

Yudhishtir writes a letter to Arjun for coming back to Hastinapur with Krishna while he writes one to Karna informing everything to him...

As Arjun received the letter, he was shocked... He thought that he would talk with his maternal uncke and aunt regarding his marriage with Subhadra but before that Yudhishtir had called him...

Subhadra, in the meanwhile, came to meet Arjun... Arjun was just reading the letter when Subhadra came inside and hugged Arjun from behind...

Subhadra : Prince Arjun... What are you reading with this much concentration?

Arjun : A letter has arrived from Hastinapur Priye... And I'm urgently needed there... I was just thinking of what to do... I know I need to go... But what about us? We didn't talk about that with uncle and aunt...

Subhadra : Is there any emergency Prince?

Arjun : Yes, Priye... Our elders have thought of dividing the kingdom and giving the halves among us in same amount... That means Pandavas will have separate kingdom... But the problem is that Jyesth wants to choose the barren land and not Hastinapur kingdom as Tatshri and others will face problem leaving their home which has many memories... So he needs our help in constructing and planning the whole thing... He even asked about Madhav too...

Subhadra : Then you should leave Arjun... They need your and Bhratashree's help...

Arjun : But Priye... My presence is needed here too... In your life... I think it's better to talk to them now... After hearing their answer I will leave for Hastinapur...

Subhadra : Fine then... Let's go...

As Arjun reached the room of Vasudev and Rohini, they saw Balaram and Krishna sitting there... Devaki was also present inside the room... The atmosphere of the room was grim...

Arjun couldn't understand what to say in that situation... He stood outside the door, waiting for them to acknowledge his presence and call him in...

As he was thus standing, he heard Balaram say :

Balaram : No mata... I have already given my word... My sister will be the wife of my favorite student... Mata why don't you understand I want to make my favorite student my relative so that our bonding strengthens...

Krishna : But our sister's life doesn't matter right? Her happiness doesn't matter right? Her love doesn't matter right? She is happy with Arjun... She loves Arjun... And the most important thing is Arjun will keep her happy... He loves her too... I don't understand why you're making it a political issue...

Balaram : Arjun is your best friend Kanha... I'm not making it a political issue... It's you who's making it political... Tell me what's the problem with Duryodhan?

Krishna : Dau... The problem is that Subhadra doesn't love him... Why don't you understand this... Subhadra's happiness is in Arjun...

Balaram : I'll talk with her... She chose Arjun just because she knew him... If she talks with Duryodhan or spend some time with him, she will love him too...

Krishna : Dau... I don't understand why are you being this much inconsiderate about this... Why Dau? What's bad in Arjun?

Balaram : The same question is mine too Kanha... What's wrong in Duryodhan?

Krishna : It's the person he's Dau... He isn't a good person...

Balaram : You don't know him Kanha... I have full faith in him... He can keep my sister happy...

Vasudev : Stop it Kanha and Balai... The question is about Subhadra's life right? So her decision will be considered... Call her... We need to talk with her...

Subhadra entered the room... Sensing her presence everyone looked towards her...

Vasudev, Rohini and Devaki looked towards her expectantly...

Vasudev : Subhadra... Putri you tell us... Whom will you choose as a groom - Arjun or Duryodhan...

Subhadra : Pitashri... I'm sorry... Arjun and I was standing outside the room and have heard a part of your conversation regarding my marriage... Pitashri... I have already chosen Arjun as my husband and my life partner... But since Dau wants me to marry Duryodhan, I feel I should give the chance to you to decide about this...

Vasudev : What will we decide Putri? It's your life... We can't force a decision on you whatever it is... I think it's better for you to take the decision...

Subhadra : Pitashri... Dau has chosen a groom for me... In this case if I impose my decision, his decision and his choice won't be valued or considered... But I know... My both Bhrata can't choose anything wrong for me... So I have decided one thing...

Vasudev : What is it Putri?

Subhadra : Both the suitors need to answer few questions asked by me in front of you 3... The one who will succeed in pleasing me will get the garland...

Vasudev : Well... That's fair enough...

Balaram : But that doesn't mean you will tell Arjun your questions...

Subhadra : I don't need to do that Bhratashree... He is capable of pleasing you all...

Vasudev : Well then when should we arrange this?

Subhadra : Actually Arjun needs to go back to Hastinapur... So we can plan it up according to his preference...

Vasudev : Then call Arjun...

Arjun : Pranipat Mamashri...

Vasudev : Arjun... Son, I know you have heard everything... So now tell me... When would you prefer?

Arjun : Mamashri... Actually our Hastinapur is getting divided into two halves... Bhratashree therefore wishes to plan an entire palace in a separate capital... So that Tatshri and the other elders can stay in Hastinapur... After that, I'm free...

Vasudev : Well then after the construction gets finished you can inform us... We'll plan about the meet likewise...

Arjun : I need to leave now Mamashri... Bhratashree has called me urgently...

Vasudev : Yeah I understand...

As Arjun left the area, Subhadra understood the state of Arjun... She thought of writing a letter to Arjun later making him understand everything about the situation...

So... Finally an update... We're really sorry about the delay... But this week is kinda hectic... Don't get sad though... We'll try to update whenever we're free... Please comment your views regarding the chapter...

Also Arjun needs to sit on a test now which will decide his fate... Also the division of Hastinapur is happening... Will Yudhishtir get a good place for establishing his empire? Tune in to know what happens next...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 1K 20
Unfold the love story of two warriors, who loved each other unconditionally.
42.6K 2.9K 31
Time, the ruler of all, is a force that cannot be changed by anyone, not even gods or kings. It follows its own rules, and only the supreme power can...
20.3K 430 9
A girl who was belonged to kaliyug but suddenly she belongs to dwapar yug? A girl who was the orphan suddenly she get a big family even a twin brothe...
27.5K 1.3K 14
What if the princess of a powerful kingdom came to Karna while he was doing dann? What if she asked Karna to be her guru as dann? What if she playe...